April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Doggylover, LOL to your OH romantic comments. No worries, I think the only reason we still DTD (and can) is because we just can't talk about it :haha:!

I agree with the idea of white nursery furniture. I just think it looks soo much nicer. OH on the other hand believes that white is not very masculine when Grayson gets older (the crib converts to a Full size bed, so he will be using this furniture for a loooong time lol. I think that we would have ended up with a different set (one that I would not have liked as much, i'm sure) if OH had been there. lol so yay for him being out of town :haha:

As for the "trimming", I think Candy is right... not sure how close I want OH to my lady bits with a sharp raiser lmao

Its been busy in here! We've been in NY until last night so haven't gotten on much.

Mommabrown, so sorry to hear about you and your OH, and hoping Emmaleigh is fine :hugs: to you!

I guess they count trimester weeks differently in different countries? My MW says 3rd tri starts at week 28. So I still have a week and half left of 2nd tri. Next week I have my glucose test, the drink is in my fridge looking like a gross flat bottle of Fanta :sick: But I am getting excited about the new (and last!) phase of waiting. Although it sounds like I might avid the third tri boards :haha: I usually just stay in here anyway.

I finally bought a stroller! After going to two stores in NY, which makes four stores total in the hunt, we decided on the Sola. The peg perego was really disappointing. The way the seat attaches to the base just didn't seem secure or something, and the fold was weirder in person than it looked online. Glad I saw it in person! I got the black Sola with the Grass green footmuff/liner. Thought about getting the red or all green one, but then caved for the dependable black in the end. Relieved to have the stroller off the list... now onto car seats... oh and I also finally bought a couple of pairs of maternity jeans. At some point here my old pants have to stop buttoning! They do feel a little less comfy when I have been sitting for a long time (such as a 4.5 hour ride home from NY) so I figure the end must be coming soon. But I think they'll fit unbuttoned with a belly band for a while so I only got the 2 pairs of mat jeans. I bet this won't happen with #2 :haha:

Off to make quiche to take to friend's tonight. Hope everyone has a lovely New Years! Bring on 2013 and our babies' birthdays!!

Kirstabelle how are you still able to fit into any non pregnancy pants?!?! I stopped fitting mine about 10 weeks ago :cry:!!!! Glad that you got your stroller, the sola is certainly a popular choice, and I can see why as it looks so good, and definitely seems very straight forward to put up/down. You're right about the trimesters- UK the third starts at27 weeks and USA its 28- but I say you come with us on this one ;)

Happy new year everyone!! Have a wonderful evening no matter what you do, and tomorrow we can all say "I'm having a baby this year!"

Kristabelle, yay on getting the stroller! Its funny how you feel so much more ready (OK not really ready lol :haha:) with every major decision done :wacko:

Once we decided on stroller and carseat and now furniture... I feel like LO could actually survive if he came early lol

I can't believe you can still button you pre-pregnancy pants :flower:. I can get mine on and wear them (OK only my bigger ones but still lol)... but only with a rubber band :blush:.

Oh yeah and for us First timers... Its our last New Years without children!! Yay :happydance:

Edit: Yay for it being the last... as in: I'm excited to have a LO from now on ... not excited about a New Years without lmao

Hello Ladies Hope you are all having a lovely NYE! I was so busy yesterday playing with my kids new toys that I didn't get on here at all!

Kristabella - I'm so glad you loved NY and I'm mega jealous!! My phone app says the third tri begins at week 27, but you could also say that you are in your 28th week so I guess that makes sense. Well done on buying your stroller, me and OH are now stuck between a choice of 3 strollers!

Doggylover I laughed so hard at your OH's comment! like he has been waiting and planning for the moment forever!

Also the tufty look!! OMG that is funny!!

I really love the name Grayson, steph and I agree that white baby furniture is cute! We stuck to pine as our whole bedroom is pine wood and we were only buying the cotbed and top changer.

Hope you all have a lovely new years no matter what you are up to! Take care xxxx

lol newbies enjoy your last few months of freedom... I'm 7 years in and still can't even poo in peace! :p

hahaha girls i cant get my pre preggy jeans/clothes up my legs never mind over my bum and bump lol lol!!!

I love the Sola - i went for the red with the black foot muff :) I was going for the black but the red was on offer and i got the car seat too for nearly the same price!

Happy new yr to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you are all ok?! xx

I finally bought a stroller! After going to two stores in NY, which makes four stores total in the hunt, we decided on the Sola. The peg perego was really disappointing. The way the seat attaches to the base just didn't seem secure or something, and the fold was weirder in person than it looked online. Glad I saw it in person! I got the black Sola with the Grass green footmuff/liner. Thought about getting the red or all green one, but then caved for the dependable black in the end. Relieved to have the stroller off the list... now onto car seats... oh and I also finally bought a couple of pairs of maternity jeans. At some point here my old pants have to stop buttoning! They do feel a little less comfy when I have been sitting for a long time (such as a 4.5 hour ride home from NY) so I figure the end must be coming soon. But I think they'll fit unbuttoned with a belly band for a while so I only got the 2 pairs of mat jeans. I bet this won't happen with #2 :haha:

With our first (Liam) we decided on the Bugaboo Frog since we have horses, lots of different terrain and it is so easy to disassemble and put back together on the fly. I know Bugaboo stopped making the Frog, but that is why we went through Craigslist and got an almost brand new $600+ stroller for $250 (TOTALLY WORTH IT!) We still have it and are planning on putting the bassinet back on for the new baby. Liam used to take his naps in the living room with me when he was a newborn and I would just pop him in his stroller and let him snooze away. Honestly the newer Bugaboos aren't up my alley, they're just not as "all-terrain" as the Frog and they're a little bigger and clumsier looking. We've taken it to the beach, to horse shows, through snow, to the park when it was wet and sloppy - just about everywhere and its held up and all of its fabric parts are completely machine washable. I wouldn't trade it. :thumbup:
https://images.landofnod.com/is/image/LandOfNod/Frog?$zm$
Just look at those wheels! You can get up on curbs like nobody's business!

lol newbies enjoy your last few months of freedom... I'm 7 years in and still can't even poo in peace! :p

I can't either weirdly...dog or cat always seems to accompany me and stare at me while I go!! :haha: at least with a baby I can avert its eyes!!!!!

Colour for our nursery is chosen! A little mintier than I had anticipated, but as dh said, once all the furniture is in it won't be block colour. Won't be painting it until February when in laws come (to do all our hard work for us!) but I'm glad that its chosen!

doggylover: my cat tries to scoot in too if I let him. Usually he gets the door shut rather uncerimoniously on his nose and then he sits outside the door making pitiful noises. If he is allowed in he has a huge facination with watching the water swirl down when you flush it. He'll run over and put his paws up on the seat and stick his head over the edge to watch. :haha: He's a little mental.

Jealous of all you ladies who have your strollers picked out! DH and I need to find a day when we're both free (impossible really!) so we can actually go to the store together and try a few different ones out to see which one we like the best.

My cleaning out of the office yesterday was so satisfying... but man did I pay for it last night! Still a bit stiff this morning too. Crazy shooting pain down my right butt cheek. :dohh: I guess I asked for it... but it needed to be done!

Happy New Year to everyone!! We're having some friends over tonight for a low key evening with lots of munchies. It'll probably be our last party before Fraggle arrives, and we really like hosting friends, so we figured this would be a good opportunity to do so!

Congrats on paint colour doggylover! Minty fresh sounds lovely for a spring baby!

The frog is cute Liam's mom. The staff in the stores kept trying to convince me to get the Bee and I just didn't like the look of it. My hubby would have been so into those frog wheels! He loved the ones on the city mini GT... but no reversible seat so that was out. We are predominantly city dwellers and I don't have the car in the day so my priorities were all about the fold, and being small enough to drag onto public transport and up my stairs etc but sturdy enough for some slushy sidewalks etc. And then trying to find something with a seat that you can use from birth was our other sticking point. If not for that we would have got the City Mini Versa. I just needed to be able to pick up baby and put her in the carrier and then fold my whole stroller in one piece and get on a bus or get up the stairs to the apt or whatever without having a car seat or a bassinet to deal with too. So Sola it was! But now I'm stuck on what car seat to get. Mamas and Papas don't sell their car seats in the US market. So my choices are Graco Snugride, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio and Maxi Cosi Mico :shrug: Anyone who has either of those three or has an opinion I would like to hear it :thumbup: So far it sounds like Graco is the cheapest and lightest (which doesn't matter as I won't be carrying it around much) Maxi Cosi looks the nicest (also not particularly important) and Peg Perego is the heaviest but also allegedly the safest because of the side impact wings. Its also the most $. But I have seen certain colours on sale which makes it the same price as Maxi Cosi. Stuck.

Yep my dog follows me into the bathroom too. She actually makes a point of not watching me, but she always likes to be there for some reason :haha: Weird animals.

I am going to take a picture of my bump/non-mat pants combo so that you can see that its the pants and not my svelte figure that is doing the magic :haha: I really think its because the majority of my pants are low rise, and partly that I think my bump is pretty high (a "boy" bump of course :haha:) that its working out this way. But I do like saying to certain people in my life who liked making a big deal about how "fat" and "huge" I was going to get that I am almost in 3rd tri and wearing size 2 pants :haha: Take that jerks!

Happy new year ladies!!!! I stayed awake yay!!!! Lets hope 2013 is going to be a brilliant year forus all! Xx

She actually makes a point of not watching me, but she always likes to be there for some reason :haha: Weird animals.

:haha: see mine are the opposite and try to climb on my lap! Pervert animals in my house! And earlier the dog stuck his head down the toilet as it was flushing :dohh:

Happy new year to all! This is the year of our babies! :happydance:

So just back from a party where a girl said the following two things to me
"How many weeks are you?"
I reply "almost 28"
she looks me up and down "that looks more like a 32 week bump..."

Then " do you know if its a boy or a girl?"
Me "nope, but I'm 100% confident it's one or the other"
Her......"not really, it could be a hermaphrodite"

Whoa, thanks for that. The worst part? SHE'S AN OBGYN.

So I have come away from the party feeling like a whale carrying a hermaphrodite. Not how I expected new year to start!!! :haha: I don't care really what size i am (i like people commenting on my bump!) but honestly, I don't know this girl at all except to pass idle chit chat with once a year, how rude!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! We are having our babies this year!! Eeeek!

One of my new years resolutions is to get on here more so will speak soon!!

xxxxxxxxxx

doggylover: I've actually had someone tell me something similar too.... we aren't telling people whether it's a boy or a girl, and so when people ask, I just say, "Yes, It's a boy or a girl," and someone actually had the nerve to say back that it could actually be both. :dohh: Some people don't really think before they speak!

I'm feeling a bit groggy this morning, really stuffed up with a rumbly tummy... I sure hope I haven't caught anything. What a crummy way to start 2013 that would be!

I have made some commitments to start it off right from a healthy lifestyle perspective though. Previously I had played a game called: The GameOn Diet with my husband and some friends. It's an all-around lifestyle change, not just food habits and it's great! But I was worried I couldn't play safely while pregnant, so my sister and I are making up a modified version, and my husband and sister in law are playing the regular game. It's pretty cool for those want to check it out. (https://www.thegameondiet.com/)

So starting today for the next 4 weeks I need to eat 4 cups of veggies a day, drink 3 liters of water a day, get 8 hours of sleep a night, excercise for 20 min a day, give up a bad habit, and choose a good habit to develop. You get points each day for following through on each item, and you lose points for things you don't do. You also get one day off a week from each of the items. So my sister and I will be competing against each other. The loser has to cook the winner dinner!

I know that I've been eating terribly, so hopefully this will kick me into gear and slow down that extra weight gain! :dohh:

ReadytoMum and Doggylover, people just say some really strange things. As much as I'm sure its meant in a nice manner, its just weird. Last night a group of women were all talking about their labor and pregnancies (now granted they all looked amazing and in better shape then I have ever been)... and I said something like: Well you have to like our own kid, right?! and one was like: No, I have 3 and I really only like 2... maybe 1.
I know she was kidding but it just seemed like a strange thing to say. Then the other showed us her perfect six pack and that she didnt even have a scar from her c-section... 2 minutes later she looked at me and said: Sorry but I want want to talk about babies anymore. Then she turned around and walked away. :growlmad:
I wasnt the one that needed to talk about babies, they started it! Again, I understand her point but the fact that she said it really upset me and I don't even know her :nope:. Stupid hormones makes me so sensitive.

Oh and ReadytoMum that game sounds awesome! I wish my OH would play with me but I doubt it :nope:. Maybe I'll have to play it on my own :haha:.. or I'll ask my mom if she want to join

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->