April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Liams_mom that video is LOVELY!!! Liam is such a gorgeous little boy thank you for sharing <3 xxx

Liam's mom....WOW that Jackson is measuring so far ahead! I guess if Liam was big then as you say you are just destined for big boys! And just think, it just means that you get to meet him earlier! That video is lovely as well, I think I've said it before but Liam is gorgeous!

Afm I bought my breast pump today - a tommee tippee one, reduced to £19 :) and I bought some newborn nappies in boots and got the change bag for free. I've panicked lately that the cloth nappies I have won't fit for a week or two, so we got a pack of newborn just to be safe. Also bought a little sheep pram suit and some leggings in Next

https://www.next.co.uk/x51884s7#138571x51 this is the pram suit - dh loved it so we got it even though I don't know if we'll use it (especially as we bought up to one month :dohh: dh insisted for some reason, so I let him have that one!)

https://www.next.co.uk/x51884s5#794690x51 and the little leggings which I just thought were so cute I had to have them! So two indulgences rather than things we need.

I also had to take a bag back to Cath Kidston, as my mum got it for me for Xmas and as much as I loved it I knew I wouldn't use it, so I managed to exchange it in the sale for a purse, a kindle case and two cath Kidston baby grows which are the cutest!!! Again an indulgence but this was technically free lol! And we brought home the baby bath, monitor, and some other bits and bobs that my SIL is lending us. So a big baby day :)

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday and not dreading Monday as much as I am!

doggylover I love those clothes, they are cute! I have also added a few new items to my list, the cot top changer, bath kit (nail clippers, bogey sucker, thermometer etc) and my change bag.
Aaron also wasn't giving in on the uppababy vista he refuses to spend £700 on a pram/buggy :( regardless of what it can do.. So I'm finally settling for the Graco Evo. I tried it out in store today and it is a dream I'm opting out of the carry cot though purely because the seat lays completely flat and is suitable from birth so the carrycot isn't really needed, I'll buy the matching car seat first next month :)

Aaron wont have sex with me anymore since I had to go to hospital on friday morning with contractions after sex the night before :( I'm already dying!

Here is my 26 week bump

AWWWW lovely bump. You just reminded me to do mine this week. :cloud9:

Quick question ladies, not seeing mw till 30th jan, and online it's all mixed, some say its ok, some say its not! But I've been getting period like cramping, not painful but rather uncomfortable, and been having them for a few days now.... And I know this is tmi but I've been really ill with a cold for nearly 2 and a half weeks and when I cough and sneeze I pee a little :( it's so horrible and imbarrassing and slightly worrying! Anyone else had any of these? Got me worrying to wether its actually pee or waters!!! :( Xx

Are you sure its not Braxton Hicks?

I read the saddest article today, it made me tear up something horrible. :cry: It was a blog post from a mother who lost her three year old daughter 8 years ago today because when she woke up in the morning and was playing before her parents got up she managed to pull her dresser down on top of herself and died. I can't imagine the horror the parents felt to discover their little girl. :nope: So to those of you with LO's already running around, please (if you haven't already!) secure your furniture to the walls. My heart broke just reading about it.... it's easy to think it won't happen to us, but I bet this poor family never imagined it would happen to them either. Aggh. I'm still all choked up about it! :cry:

Oh my, thats so so sad :( I will be making sure its secured!

A similar note, a little girl in the next town over from me who has been battling cancer since March passed away this morning. I have cried 3 times :( She was beautiful and her family must be so heartbroken.

I also had to take a bag back to Cath Kidston, as my mum got it for me for Xmas and as much as I loved it I knew I wouldn't use it, so I managed to exchange it in the sale for a purse, a kindle case and two cath Kidston baby grows which are the cutest!!! Again an indulgence but this was technically free lol! And we brought home the baby bath, monitor, and some other bits and bobs that my SIL is lending us. So a big baby day :)

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday and not dreading Monday as much as I am!

I love Cath Kidston. I got a gorgeous bag and purse from there for Xmas. I wouldnt be able to justify one of her changing bags though! I got one from Next the other day and I am so impressed with it for only £25.

I am dreading tomorrow! I havent been to work since the 27th! boooooo.... :coffee:

We had nothing clothes wise for our little pink bundle up until this week now I have stocked up completely! all newborn and 0-3 bought and I love it all!! :happydance:

xx

Doggylover, OH MY GOD!!! Those are the cutest clothes I have ever seen!!! I would have gotten them too :haha:
Candy, i'm sorry to hear that Aaron is not putting out anymore (even If I can't fathom why you would still want to :haha: lol... )

AFM, finished my registry yesterday. Now I think I have everything on the list that I will need for LO. Once the baby shower is over, I can then get everything left on my list at a discount. :happydance:. The one thing that I did end up ordering online yesterday were the crib sheets, bed skirt, and bumper pads for the crib (couldn't find them at the store for the registry and would really get them on the bed asap).

I'm not especially excited for Monday either... my Christmas vacation is officially over and it's back to school overdrive mode. I need to finish two different sets of exams before baby arrives, ontop of working part-time still, and trying to grab moments here and there to put my feet up. :dohh: DH and I bought one of those big fridge calendars and so far almost every weekend has something going on till the end of March! The next four months are going to FLY by.

My parents brought us the crib today!! I'm so excited that we finally have it. :happydance: I promised DH that I'd wait till he got home to start setting it up. My dad helped me put the cradle together though before they went back home. My grandfather built it for us when we were kids and it's just the perfect size! My mom also brought some more baby clothes for us too. I think we have LOTS of 0-3 now... we need to start getting 3-6 and 6-9.

Ukgirl sorry about the uppababy, but as long as the evo meets what you want then yay for getting it! And yeah, sometimes I wonder why people would buy a carrycot for prams that lie flat and are suitable from birth. Unless you need it for overnight I guess. Lol I can just imagine you trying to get Aaron to have sex with you! I can understand he must feel weird about it, especially since its his first baby. Just make it so he can't resist ;) although I'm with steph, I have no desire to have sex, so Aaron's current frame of mind would be fine by me :haha:

TeAmo sounds like you had a busy shopping week then! What all did you get for your little girl? The cath Kidston bag my mum got me was just gorgeous, but it wasn't big enough to use as a change bag, and it was too big for a normal handbag, not big enough for an overnight bag...so I wasn't sure what I would use it for! And their stuff is SO expensive I didn't want to keep it and never use it, because it was too pretty lol! That was actually the first time I'd been in the cath Kidston shop, and I LOVED it. I will be back (in the sales only! The bag I was returning was reduced from £65 to £35 in the sale - the do some bargains!)

Steph that's great about your registry!thats one thing I am so sad we don't get to do here - making the registry for my wedding was the most fun bit :haha: so you must have had an amazing time picking out all the stuff for yours! And it's so good that you get discount on anything left over, very handy!

Readytomum sounds like a busy baby 'stuff' weekend for you too! That's great about your crib, very exciting!! And so lovely of your mum to be buying lots of clothes, I'm sure she's so excited when she gets them (if she's anything like mine!)

Haha I don't know why I want to so much I guess I just like to feel like he still finds me attractive as we have a busy life with the kids and work etc so bedtime is ''our'' time. I guess it's more about being close than the sex really. I am a bit scared to have sex again if I am honest. I do really love the Graco Evo Doggylover I am with you on not knowing why people would buy a carry cot for a stroller that doesn't require one, the additional carry cot is £99 and we can't really afford that so I'm settling for it without the pram.

£99?! That's insane!!! Oh my goodness that is ridiculous. Ours comes with the carrycot built in (the normal pram seat convrts buy pulling a few straps) otherwise we wouldn't have been fussed one one.

And don't feel bad for wanting sex! I didn't mean to make it sound like I think it's weird or anything, I think it's great that you guys are still "doing it"! And I can imagine being scared after what happened last week. But maybe you guys can find another way of having that intimacy? It must be insane having the kids all day, and I totally understand just wanting some 'you' time when they are in bed.

yeh that was my response when I saw the price tag on it doggylover!! haha.. The car seat is £89.99 too but it attaches to the chasis which is great for us as we use our car A LOT! Having kids around does take time away from each other and make our days a lot busier so yeh bedtime is our time. I think I would settle for some hugs and kisses and a few nice words, but Aaron isn't the nice words type. He feels awkward saying stuff he says it's cheesy haha. Don't worry I didn't feel like you were making me feel bad for wanting sex :) xx

Simon is the same, he can be very awkward with the words :haha: sometimes I say "you never tell me that I look pretty!" To which he then says "you look pretty" and I respond "you're only saying that because I told you too!" Men just don't have the same way with words at times!! If you guys have a TV in your room snuggle up early in bed and watch a DVD :)

That's a good price for the car seat, compared to some others I've seen. Ours attaches to the chassis too (just tried that out for the first time tonight!) because like you we use our car to get anywhere as we live in the country, so I'm glad to hear you saying its useful for someone who does use the car a lot. My dh asked earlier why it needs to attach...so I explained it patiently for the four millionth time!

Lmao I love how men dont understand why we need these things! Obviously so when baby falls asleep in the car you can lift him or her out without waking them :D less hassle too... we watch south park together a lot in bed which is nice :) I brought a top and tail bowl todat.. Aaron really didnt understand why I wanted it I had to explain that a million times too!

I thought of something else for the hospital bag earlier today which had completely slipped my brain... Mini Handheld fans!!! Life savers when you in transition and sweating bucket loads xxx

Must add that to my list!

For experienced mums who have been lucky enough to breastfeed....what did you wear to bf in public. The idea of bf in public does not bother me at all, I just a, unsure what on earth I would wear so I don't have to basically strip! I'm thinking some vest tops underneath my other tops so top 1 can come up, and I can just slip the boob out of the vest....does that sound likely?! I think I'd have to buy some bigger vest tops though, maybe a size 12-14 (im a 10 normally) so they are big enough to come down?

That's what I did, bought lots of cheapie stretchy tops from primary, and also some nursing tops from h&m and mothercare that have got the clips like a nursing bra, and I just used to drape a muslin cloth over my shoulder and baby for privacy too if needed, its thin enough so you and baby are not hot and baby can still breath an u can keep an eye on how bubs is doing! Xx

I think vests are fine as long as they are not too tight. I used baggy t shirts..layered tops.. button up tops and had a few special wrap around tops. I used to tuck a muslin square or thin cloth into my bra strap at the shoulder and drap it over my boob and baby so no one could catch a glimps of a nip.. my kids had a habit of suddenly popping off my boob when they were done rather suddenly! Xx

Thanks ladies :) ill have to get a few cheap bits from primark and try it out at home when LO arrives before heading out in public! I know my SIL also draped Muslins to make sure nobody got a cheeky flash, so must make sure I have plenty of those too.

I just find it hard to imagine how I'll do it smoothly without flashing too much at unsuspecting bystanders :haha:

Doggylover, one of the things I love about belly bands is the versatility. Since it took many, many weeks for me to fit in my prepreg pants buttoned, I used a belly band and pulled it all the way up to my bra to hide my tummy while nursing in public. This time I'm buying several regular camis and converting them so they can loop around my nursing bras to become nursing camis since nursing ones seem so expensive by comparison. Anyway, all that said, I also just ordered another nursing cover. I made one last time but wasn't happy that the top would cave in so I couldn't see baby. It was only $10 on a baby deal website a couple of weeks ago. It's a Hooter Hider and I'm pleased with the flexible but stiff neckline that allows mom to see baby. I'm personally just more comfortable with a cover ss I've been extremely self conscious about my boobs. I may get over it and stop using the cover if nursing goes better this time (and I'm determined it will regardless of supply) but I expect to use a SNS this time so it will be nice to be able to hide all that as well when I don't feel like answering questions about it or whatever.

Hey piggie.. Im due the day before you :D it is getting rather close now :D xx

Thank littlespy, I hadn't even thought about a belly band to hide my lower tummy, that's a great idea, especially as I'm transitioning back into my normal clothes (sometime in the next decade :haha:)

Ugh, twice in the last few weeks I have woken up fully sweating. So gross. This is not something which has ever happened to me before, thus I blame pregnancy entirely!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->