April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

That's interesting momma brown I've heard sometimes it takes a while fr milk to arrive...what do try do in the mean time...bottle or just wait...how does it suddenly come in? Sorry stupid questions lol!!

You just keep latching baby on hun. The colostrum is there right away and thats all baby needs until milk comes in! Plus the suckling with stimulate breast flow. Lots of skin on skin also helps. xx

Yay Kristabel me too!!! Whoo hooo!!

Gosh we have serious snow here in Wales :( luckily I have enough food in but there is no way we will be going anywhere for a while! Fx I don't get poorly or anything eeek! Not that I'm a worrier or anything ;) lol!!!

For any non uk ladies. We are not geared for this kind of weather so the country comes to a complete standstill lol even tho it happens every year !!

Hope everyone has a good day!

HAHAHA Its soooo bad here. Im originally from Canada so I am so used to the snow. But youre right, the UK is not well equipped for this one little bit and it is sooo dangerous. I didnt go into work yesterday because my car was sliding all over the place. :dohh:

Speaking of freaking out, I made a very brief foray into the third tri boards... and then quickly ran away when I saw not one but two threads that apparently had photos of people's mucus plugs :shock: I personally am all for making this thread a mucus-plug-photo-free zone :haha:

Can I just second that right now!!! Why would you a) take a photo of that?! And b) show it to other people?!?! Noooo! I don't even want to experience my own let alone someone else's! :sick::sick:

:wacko::wacko::wacko: That is all.

Dr.'s appointment this morning went well. As suspected my Dr gave me the form for my gulcose test this morning, as well as for more blood work. :dohh: I HATE getting blood drawn... I seriously loathe it. The last time I went the woman was so rough and left a huge brusie and I broke down sobbing. :blush: I am not excited about the prospect of having to go back!

She said my Blood Pressure and Heart Rate were a little higher than normal, so I guess the stress overload of yesterday hasn't quite worn off yet. She said Peter's HB is perfectly fine though, so it doesn't seem to be affecting him at all.

I had my GTT on tuesday. It wasnt much fun but result was all clear :thumbup: thankfully. Al long as bubs is doing well hun, need to relax with that BP. :hugs:

Hope You've all had a nice week. I have had a busy one!!

Monday- 28 week midwife appointment. I didnt see my normal one, not really sure why! However she was nice. Got my MatB1 form so maternity leave is becoming an exciting and real prospect now! Thinking of stopping work around Mid March so that I can spend some 1:1 time with Campbell before bubs arrives. She was a bit concerned I hadnt heard from Consultant (see them due to BMI and Cams kidney problems) so she called and got me an appt for Thursday.

Tuesday- GTT. Long and boring! but results were all clear so that was great news.

Thursday- Growth Scan and consultant appt. So I am scanned, baby looks healthy and growth is good. The sonographer tells me my amniotic fluid level is high. She doesnt seem concerned but says it is often related to gestational diabetes or big babies. I see the consultant after who confirms the fluid level. He knows its not GD as result all clear from Tuesday but says he would like to scan me at 32 weeks to see if fluid has increased or decreased. If it has increased they want to run a 'torch screening' to check for infection!! .. so me being me...i google this issue. OMG I am now shitting myself. So at one end of the scale I could just have a big baby, or an average size bub who creates a lot of fluid. Next is GD, then a baby with infection. Moving up the scale bubs could have a defect with its spine (the consultant did mention this but doesnt think so as not picked up on scan)... now google throws into the pot a birth defect or downs syndrome. :(

I am trying to focus on the fact that he did seem overly concerned and that my level wasnt tipping the scale. It was just on the slightly high side. Anyone else had this? I think the medical term is 'Polyhydramnios'. Hopefully it clears up on its own.

On a more happy note- I had my 4d scan today. I was slightly disappointed because although the lady doing it was lovely I dont think she was medically trained so couldnt answer a lot of my questions. Plus bubs wasnt playing ball and we could only see past of her. On a plus, I get to go back on Saturday to try again!

Heres some piccies from today. she looks like a cutie! xxx

Attachments

• BabyGirl1.jpg
    BabyGirl1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 7
  • BabyGirl2.jpg
    BabyGirl2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 5
  • BabyGirl3.jpg
    BabyGirl3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
Awww TeAmo, beautiful pics! I wish I knew more about the high fluid thing, but literally the only thing I know about it is that Jessica Simpson had it. And her baby is apparently fine. At least they have ruled out some of the possible causes, and if they don't seem to worried about it then hopefully it is nothing to be too concerned about. I just did a quick google too and found this

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/highamnioticfluidpolyhydramnios.htm

Which says that in 65% of cases the reasons are unknown. That's most cases and they have already ruled out pretty much all the other reasons. I think everything will be fine, and since the numbers show that most of the time there isn't a real serious reason for it you shouldn't worry about it for the next few weeks and you'll go for your screening at 32 weeks and hopefully it will have resolved itself or not gotten worse. Thinking of you :hugs:

Gorgeous pics TeAmo I hope the next scan shows less fluid xxx

Thanks girls. I am trying to concentrate on the fact it is more than likely nothing! :) xx

Im sure everything will be fine TeAmo my friend had a lot of water around her baby which she had just before xmas. He was perfect. Usually I have a lot of water around my babies until the last month or two then I get just pockets of water. Xxx

Have you been diagnosed with the same thing hun? xx

I cant remember exactly because I had Connie almost 7 years ago now but I do remember needing an extra scan near the end because of fluid levels and I had mild Pre eclampsia and whn I went for my follow up scan the fluid had been absorbed mostly so she was just surrounded by pockets of water. I hear lots of ladies say the same thing that they get less fluid nearer the end.. But my friend Becky she was induced because of there being so much fluid she was put 3 weeks forward. It wasnt until after she had him that they told her she had gd which caused the fluid but after he was birn he had no issues. He was a big baby too xx

Readytomum: glad to hear you and dh are all sorted now. That sucks that you don't get to see so much of one another, definitely makes it so much harder to communicate, and just enjoy your time together. My sister is the same - she and her husband spend maybe 2 nights a week together because of his job. Hope you had fun at your sisters shower!

TeAmo: glad to hear that gtt went well :) and yay for impending maternity leave! i cant wait for mine! I hope that your baby is just a big one, and none of the other potential scary stuff is even an option. As you say, if the consultant doesn't seem too worried, you shouldn't either. Sorry your scan wasnt what you hoped, but yay for more scan next week!! Gorgeous pics! hope the snow isn't too bad with you.

Afm: had a great day with Jacob, he is such a cutie and such a good boy! He giggles and laughs, and he loves the dogs and the cat and is just so much fun! We did venture out and finally got our paint for the nursery. We actually went for a new colour than any of the shades we had tested, but when we saw it we knew it was the perfect one! I am EXHAUSTED now. I don't know how you ladies with kids are coping during this pregnancy! One day with a toddler and pregnant and I am done for!!!!

Your day with Jacob sounds lovely doggylover and Im glad you finally found the petfect colour for the nursery.

I had to take Connie to the out of hours emergency room this morning. She started with chest lains last night. Nhs direct said it was probably caused by a virus and to see how she goes. well this morning her temp was right up her chest was very sore and she could barely breathe but was saying she felt dizzy and had a headache too. She wouldnt even stand up without saying she felt faint. So I got her down there and it turns out she has a very nasty chest infection so she has antibiotics now and is looking almost back to normal now! So yeh that was my day. Now me and Aaron are chilling out with chinese and movies and Benson is happily kicking awa

I was thinking a lot today about what Im going to do once Im back to normal after having Benson. Im thinking a really runny fried egg on gammon with mega chunky fatty chips and a hair cut and dye. get my nails done and buy some new clothes...

has anyone else thought about it yet? Xx

Oh ukgirl sorry to hear how sick connie is. I hope the antibiotics kick in ASAP.

I'm with you on the fried egg. Definitely what I'm having for dinner the day I get back from the hospital!!! Other than that, there isn't anything much I'm fussed about doing. I imagine I won't fit back into 'regular' clothes for a while,but I'm looking forward to being able to wear my old things again. I may keep the maternity jeans though...just so comfy!

I wonder if maternity over the bump jeans will hold in flab? Lol xx

That is SO funny! I am also dying for a runny fried egg. I love egg and cheese sandwiches with mustard and I eat them aaaall the time. I cannot wait to have my runny yolks back. That is exactly what I'm going to be eating when I get home from hospital. With some kind of melted, stinky, raw milk cheese piled on there as well! Bliss!!

Ugh see this is definitely a bonus of being a picky eater like I am - I don't eat most of the stuff on the banned list, I don't drink alcohol, I don't dye my hair...I, so boring :haha: for once it works in my favour!

I dont drink either but a few weeks back I was craving beer so badly I had to sniff Aarons bottles :/ lol xx

:rofl: that is very weird!!! I hate beer :sick: it's so gross!

So I decided it was time to break out my new jammie bottoms. I got them for the hospital (they are black) but my others have all been feeling a bit tight. These ones though are HUGE!!! I just got them from tesco, so they aren't maternity, and they feel so funny to wear! Damn comfy though!

Ive been wearing Aarons bottoms to bed hahaha xx I was looking at black ones in asda they have some nice onez I shall be buying next week for my bag xx

I think I need to go back to Matalan and get some of the black yoga pants style maternity gear I saw. At the time I was thinking "never!" But now....I need the comfort!!! Plus I realised that the only soft jogging bottoms I have (which is what imagine I will live in for the first few days at least!) are all grey, and I don't fancy chancing the staining - I've read some awful things about post-partum bleeding. I've always had very heavy periods, so I'm thinking it will be at least as bad as that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->