April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

You ladies with your organization and bags getting packed etc are making me look bad. I have done nothing in preparation for childbirth other than get pregnant :haha:

I almost feel like if I get ready for the hospital too early it will make the wait seem even longer... and I definitely already feel like 40 weeks is a loooooooong time! Especially to go without runny eggs, TeAmo you naughty thing :winkwink:

Doggylover I might get some of the preggo yoga pants as well. I am going to have to get some pants for exercise anyway as all my pre-preg ones have such tight elastic and it is getting annoying trying to roll them down. So, those will do me for post-delivery as well I imagine. I don't even want to think about all the post-partum blood. I also have heavy periods and my chemical pg was AWFUL. At one point I was so weak and shaky from all the bleeding that I thought I might have to go to the emergency room or something. :nope:

Oh boy... I have had medium steak a couple of times during the pregnancy :blush:... I've also had semi runny eggs. My doc said that while it is not advised, it's VERY rare for people to get listeria. I do miss beer lol. I only like weak American beer but I can't wait to have one of those lol.

As for PJ pants... Right now, I can only sleep in my sports bra and panties. Everything else just seems so horribly uncomfortable :haha:. I really do need to go shopping for some hospital PJs! Running around in bra and panties may be weird there ahahaha

Oh and I am soooo hoping to be back in my pre pregnancy clothes within 12 weeks :dohh:. I know it's nearly impossible but I've heard (from skinny women that have never struggled with weight of course lol) that if you breast feed and eat only low carbs, lots of veggies and protein, low sugar, that the weight will come right off! I know how unrealistic it is, but I like this naive view!! :haha:

I bought some new PJ pants at COSTO a week ago. They're draw-string cotton pants and they're sooooo comfy! The two pairs that I usually wear now are getting kind of ratty, so I'll wear those ones in the hospital and save my new ones for after baby is born and I'm lounging at home. They're nice and light too, since it will be getting warmer out here by then!

The wedding shower today went really well, but it was a LOT OF PEOPLE for the shower, and then a whole bunch of people back to future sister-in-law's parents for dinner. I'm worn out! I don't like crowds of people I don't know in the first place... but it was a long day and it was a constant barrage of people I didn't know and everyone is asking questions about baby etc. I'm so glad to be back home! I can hardly keep my eyes open, so I'm off to bed! Goodnight!

Oh Steph, be glad you don't have to listen to your mother telling you about how she was back in her pre-preggo clothes 1 week after my older brother was born. Siiiigh!

Jillian Michaels is gonna get me back into my pre-preggo clothes asap! :haha:

Kirstabelle a week after delivery back into normal clothes?! Impossible says I!

I am hoping that by August I will fit back into some things - the reason being that I have a wedding to go to and I have two lovely dresses I bought last year and only to a chance to wear once each, so I want to wear one of those!

Hi girls just a very quick pop on as having a buy few days I'm reading and wishing u all well!

Steph I had runny eggs as well a few weeks ago hehehehee oooops!

And for the really tiny girls out there my friend had a baby 6 weeks ago and literally the day she ake out if hospital he looked back to normal and within a week she was in a ll per Peggy clothes - not good role model for my oh to see lol!! But her jump was not huge in the first place ...infact I think full term she was slightly smaller than me now! But then other friends have struggled like crazy to get weight off....

Hope you all have a lovely day and ill catch up properly tomorrow! Happy Sunday everyone!!

you'll be amazed at how fast you get back in shape once the water retention has subsided and the fat your body no longer needs to store comes off, took me about 4 days with both my kids, it was my hips that were the issue after stretching wider. Breastfeeding helps too lol. x Have a nice day everyone xx

You ladies are putting the pressure on :haha: I hope I'll be ok as once dh is back to work after paternity leave ill be out walking with the dogs and the pram everyday, so I'm hoping that helps.

Tbh, my SIL didn't get back into shape well at all. She had spent a lot of time at the gym before my nephew was born, but afterwards she literally did no exercise, and she still isn't back to her pre-pregnancy weight 19 months later.

I dont think I ever got back to how I was before pregnancy but I got to a comfortable weight for me. :) You'll look lovely I'm sure xx

I have to share my dream with you all it was so weird in a funny way. I dreamt I was about to take a shower, so I took off my bra and milk was just pissing out all over the bathroom!! It would not stop!! haha I woke up checking for leaks!

anyone else having dreams like this? I also keep dreaming that I can see him through my bump :/ so strange!

I dreamt (at least I think it was a dream!) the other night that I woke up in the night and my pj top was all wet around my nipples lol. But not to your extent!

Maybe I should have said my SIL has never fully been happy with her post pregnancy body. She keeps saying she is going to shift the weight (and its literally only about 5lbs and you wouldn't notice at all) and work on her tummy, but she never does, so she just ends up moaning about it :dohh:

No pressure here dogglover! It took me nearly a year of calorie counting and exercise to lose my pregnancy weight and get back to how i was, (well almost just a big looser lol) but it can be done, i dont have only of these bodies that just pinged back unfortunatly but i have determination!

Ahh see I have zero determination and willpower :haha: I am actually cramming a mini chocolate bar into my mouth as I type :munch: that's what I'm most worried about - my lack of self control! To be honest, I've never been hugely worried about how I look, but I would like to fit into my old clothes (mainly so I don't have to bother buying any new ones! I hate shopping...)

At the risk of being smacked by you girls I was also one that went right back to prepreg clothes - actually wore an old pair of jeans to take DS to dr the day after we got home from hospital!

HOWEVER as you guys know my story about hyperemesis I was also 40 lbs lighter immediately after giving birth than when I got pregnant - so I cheated majorly in that dept and had a huge head start! A lot of prepreg stuff was actually too big - so I still had to do the dreaded shopping for different sizes anyways.

Oh boy... I am delusional enough to hope to lose some extra weight after the baby :haha:. I was on the high end of Normal pre pregnancy ( I quit smoking new years last year and gained 15lbs :dohh:). I used to have one of those body's, that would lose 5 lbs just by drinking one less soda a day... lol... that ended when I turned 25 ahahahaha. Now it seems like a constant struggle.
So i'm excited about 500 calories being burned just by providing food for my baby :haha:. Again... i know that I am slightly delusional because whos to say that BF will even work well for me :shrug:... but I would rather be naive and hope for the best!

Nimbec, I had a friend that lost 10 lbs right after each baby she had (and she was skinny to begin with!). :growlmad:

When people joke about my size now, I always laugh and say: On April 4th, I will be loosing 12lbs in one day! How about you?? lol

On another note.... Is anyone else sleeping more? This weekend, I have slept until 10am both mornings? :shrug:. Usually I am up by 7.30am the latest... very odd. I don't feel that tired.

I have been sleeping better than I had been at the end of 2nd tri for sure. I also slept until about 10:30 this morning. Could have slept even longer but the dog was annoying me.

More likely that you will be able to BF fine than than that you will have a lot of problems, is what I have read Steph, especially if you have lots of support. My mum tells me that it is quite awful at the very beginning and then becomes lovely. So if we can just survive the first few weeks we should be okay :thumbup:

I am getting ready to paint the crib today. Because I am just painting the bars I have to put painters tape around the top and bottom of each little bar. So tedious. But I just keep looking at the the pics of my $895 dream crib that I am copying (this one https://kalonstudios.com/shop/us/caravan-crib) to keep me going. It will be worth it when its finally finished!!

Kristabelle, super cute crib idea! Did you do research on what paint to use?? When I brought up the idea of painting the crib, OH said no :growlmad:. So we ended up with an all white crib (I wanted a white and grey one).

You have to post pictures when finished... I'm sure it will be amazing!!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->