April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Steph Im sleepy too xx Ive been having to take a nap in the afternoon for the past few weeks. I could sleep forever! Xx

Kristabelle, super cute crib idea! Did you do research on what paint to use?? When I brought up the idea of painting the crib, OH said no :growlmad:. So we ended up with an all white crib (I wanted a white and grey one).

You have to post pictures when finished... I'm sure it will be amazing!!:thumbup:

The crib I bought is this unfinished super affordable one from Ikea https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40118818/ so I did do a quick light sand of the rails and then I just finished taping off the bars (which seriously took freaking hours!). The paint I got is from here https://www.mythicpaint.com/ its the non-toxic, No-VOC paint that is safe for babies (and for preggo women to paint with he he). I got two colors Simply Beautiful and Ambrosia in the Afternoon (they're in the Red section of the palette) and I'm just about to mix them together to get the color I want, a light coral. I also bought an inexpensive unfinished wood bookcase that I am going to paint just the shelf edges on. And then all my big projects in the nursery will be done and it will just be mostly organizing to do. :happydance:

Whoa kirstabelle that crib looks great - yours will be beautiful! Can't wait to see a pic when you're done!

Steph I read that bf is the equivilent to a 5 mile run each day. I'm going to start telling people I run 5 miles once baby arrives! :haha:

I got my change bag today :mrgreen: it's so beautiful. I have never been interested in bags ever- I don't even use a handbag/purse/pocketbook, but I love this! Also ordered a new Moses basket mattress, so I literally have 5 things left on my list for baby :)

bwahahah yes Doggylover! I will def embellish my "daily workout" aka breast-feeding lol :haha:

Post a pic of your bag!! I don't remember who posted the babymel bag (sorry :blush:) but I actually loved the red stripped one that they had and found it for sale here in Florida. I ordered it and absolutely love it! It has an insulated bottle pocket (who would have thought :thumbup:)!!
https://www.mysweetmuffin.com/item/Babymel-Satchel-Red-Stripes-/961?gclid=CMTlm_vx97QCFZGPPAodXGoAJQ
I'm sorry to whoever I copied this bag from, but all bags available in the US are horrible (IMO). :blush:

Oh steph I love that bag! It is gorgeous! I love how it has the special two straps to attach it to the stroller handle- thats so clever. And yeah, mine has TWO insulated bottle pockets :haha: I can't imagine I will ever be out that long that I would need two bottles to remain heated the whole time! (Plus I'm hoping to bf!)

This is mine
https://www.pinklining.co.uk/shop/c...geous-bags/blooming-gorgeous-multicolour-bows

It's funny because I am not a girly girl, and as I said I'm not into bags at all, and this bag is very girly, but I love it! Dh was funny when my sister brought it round (she bought it for us) he took one look and just said "Manly." Haha!

I just ordered a TENS machine - is anyone else planning on using one?

I'm with you (all of you!) on the sleep thing! I'm exhausted. I could totally crash for a nap right. now. But it's getting a little late in the day to nap and I'm worried if I nap now I won't sleep well tonight. But holy crap I can hardly keep my eyes open. It's been a busy weekend!

DH and I picked up some stuff for Fraggle today while we were out and about! We got some second hand Dr. Seuss books for an amazing price, and we bought a hand puppet which is super adorable. I'm pretty much in love with it. I think it's supposed to me a monster or something. He's got crazy orange hair, with a little tuff of purple hair in the middle, big round frog type eyes, little pointy ears and some scales on his back. His tounge is a little heart! He's not scary looking, just super goofy. I'll post a pic of it later.

Hope everyone's weekend has gone well!

Oh steph I love that bag! It is gorgeous! I love how it has the special two straps to attach it to the stroller handle- thats so clever. And yeah, mine has TWO insulated bottle pockets :haha: I can't imagine I will ever be out that long that I would need two bottles to remain heated the whole time! (Plus I'm hoping to bf!)

This is mine
https://www.pinklining.co.uk/shop/c...geous-bags/blooming-gorgeous-multicolour-bows

It's funny because I am not a girly girl, and as I said I'm not into bags at all, and this bag is very girly, but I love it! Dh was funny when my sister brought it round (she bought it for us) he took one look and just said "Manly." Haha!

I just ordered a TENS machine - is anyone else planning on using one?

Oh how very cute!! Perfect for team yellow because it will work either way!!! Touche on the two bottle pockets lol ... the only defense I have is: I have two boobs :shrug::rofl:... so I guess that makes it 3 bottle holders and 4 for you ahaha. You still win :haha:
Are you going to get the matching wallet?? and another bottle holder??? Man you have options!!!! I'm jealous! :thumbup:

ReadytoMum, yay for picking up for bits for LO! Have you seen the Dr Suess Mobile for the crib?
https://www.diapers.com/p/trend-lab...=pla&ca_sku=UF-015&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}
I thought it was adorable.

Doggylover, is the tens machine for pain management during labor? I hear a lot about it in the UK but not much for labor in the US. I guess thats cause we are more medical here and go straight for the epidurals? but Maybe thats just me :haha:

Doggylover, I'll see your second bottle holder and I'll raise you an antimicrobial lined pocket for dirty dipes/snacks etc... :haha: Your diaper bag looks lovely, it is girly but in a nice fresh, springy/summery way rather than a princess pink type way. :thumbup:

I originally planned to get a bag from Etsy but then when I started watching some youtube reviews of various diaper bags I was like "wait, I want the antimicrobial pocket, I need the blanket holder, Yes! Stroller straps!... Yes! 11 pockets!" and so I got my skip hop one. :haha: It came in the mail yesterday and I'm happy with it.I sort of wish I got a more colorful one, but realistically I know its going to get dirty and the black one was literally half the price, so... you compromise. Stupid logic.

And its Lily who has the same bag as you Steph. I'm sure she won't mind. You probably won't run into each other much in real life for your matching bags to matter :haha:

lol Kristabelle, I think your right... being on separate continents will make it a bit easier for me as a copy cat :haha:. I think hers was the navy blue one... so at least a modified a bit!?!? hehe

antimicrobial pocket?? I could see the usefulness lol. and I agree with all the nifty options available. I think I mentioned before, that I had ordered a large regular purse that I wanted to use... but after seeing all the extra bits that diaper bags offer, I realized that I needed to step up and get one that is functional :haha:. The straps for the handle of the stroller were a must! I didnt even know all the other pockets and advantages until the bag got here lol.

Oh how very cute!! Perfect for team yellow because it will work either way!!! Touche on the two bottle pockets lol ... the only defense I have is: I have two boobs :shrug::rofl:... so I guess that makes it 3 bottle holders and 4 for you ahaha. You still win :haha:
Are you going to get the matching wallet?? and another bottle holder??? Man you have options!!!! I'm jealous! :thumbup:

I could get the whole set, and have more bottle holders than I could possibly ever use! :haha:

Doggylover, is the tens machine for pain management during labor? I hear a lot about it in the UK but not much for labor in the US. I guess thats cause we are more medical here and go straight for the epidurals? but Maybe thats just me :haha:

Yep, it's for pain management during the first stage of labour. Apparently people use them a lot for regular back pain. I think it basically electrocutes you (gently) so you don't feel your contractions. I'm a bit nervous about how that will feel...I can't imagine it's pleasant! But we'll see how we get on!

Doggylover, I'll see your second bottle holder and I'll raise you an antimicrobial lined pocket for dirty dipes/snacks etc... :haha:

I concede defeat to the anti microbial lined pocket! All mine has is a plastic coated, removable, pocket for the dirty diapers and snacks (again not at the same time!) but it's not lined with anything :cry: :haha:

I woke up at normal time today, looked out the window to see if our snow has melted any, and it hasn't, so I phoned my boss (at 7.15am) and told him its too dangerous and I am not going to risk it. His response "well can we play it by ear and maybe see you later on?" Basically saying I don't believe it's that bad and I expect you to be in work later. I know the snow isn't bad down with them (I work an hour away from home) and as I told him, it's not the depth of the snow, it's the road conditions. I will keep him updated but he shouldn't expect to see me. I'm so cross :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: he never stopped to think that I am 30 weeks pregnant, and driving down ungritted, country roads which are covered in snow and ice isn't an option for me today.

Good morning ladies have a lovely monday and be careful on the ice!! Xx

Morning all! Yes I second that Ukgirl be careful everyone pleasaseee!!!

Well I chose miracle bag in red spot as I have the red sola :)

https://www.themiraclebox.co.uk/baby-changing-bag.asp

I love it as it wipe clean an loads of pockets space etc!

Well I'm off to mamas papas today to believe it or not take my car seat back - it's got a faulty hood grrrrr I'm so unbelievably annoyed with them after all my issues and also the foot muff that they sell with the pushchair doesn't come up high enough for a newborn when lying flat even though try sell as this so I will be demanding my money back for that one!

Got my nursing chair second hand it's soooooo comfy its a glider from kiddiecare normally 179.99 an I got it for £50 - it's like new so I'm a happy bunny!!!

Really over did it last night as I was having a strop over what height my cot base should be ...I I put it on highest setting with mattress it's really close to top ie the bumper sticks out well over the top of the bars.....on the second setting its really low and will be hard getting bubs in and out once I've had my section....any suggestions? Gain I'm wondering if they have put the holes in the wrong place as try are not like that in the shop??!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!!

Whoa nimbec you have hadnothingbut trouble with mamas and papas. Make sure you get all your stuff replaced......and a nice "we're sorry" gift card!!

With the cot base, definitely check out what it's like in the shop, and if yours isn't the same, get it sent back and changed as well.

Nimbes, I agree with Doggylover! Go to the store and see what it looks like there! I believe the mattress should be much lower than the bumper, but not too low to reach!! Maybe measure the two settings at home, and then measure the settings of that set (or other sets) in the store! That way you have solid facts to yell at them about!

No worries, your not the only one that has issues with the store you bought stuff from!! I mentioned a few weeks ago, that we finally ordered our furniture and I finished my registry at a new store. I called last week to make sure I could pick up all my stuff when Rob was home and they were having issues with the system (could not access the inventory). They guaranteed, that they would deliver for free because i couldnt pick it up! I called a couple of days later, after not hearing from them, and was told the store closed :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:. Thank god they have 4 other locations that are up and running (since I had already paid for everything)! Now they are still dealing with the inventory issue! They did promise to still deliver the furniture at no charge (like the closing store promised), but they couldnt tell me when yet. Ugh... so off I go today, to register at a different store :dohh:

I love the bag btw! I'm a huge fan of red (so much so, that our nursery colors are Red, black, grey, and white lol :haha:). Being able to wipe everything clean will surely come in handy!

Doggylover, F your boss! Stay home and relax! Its Martin Luther King day (floating holiday for my company) today, so I got the day off :happydance:

I'm off to work today in spite of MLK Day, but I do get time and a half pay, so not complaining! And DH is still off skiiing so I am bored in the house by myself and quite happy to go to work. Enjoy your day off Steph!

Yep, Nimbec that was the one thing that was making me not want to get the sola was all the probs people seem to have with Mamas and Papas. I grilled the guy at Babies r Us trying to ascertain whether people here have as many probs and it seemed not. They really only have the strollers on the market here not all the other stuff, so maybe that's why. Hope they sort everything out for you. I agree about the foot muff not really being high enough, and I feel like it will be too hot for her once it gets to summer. I am planning to knit a little bamboo/cotton blanket thing with snaps to fit over the bumper bar and elastic under the seat to use for the first few months. I mostly got the foot muff for the liner, so I am not too bothered about shortness.It'll be fine for Fall. Plus the in-laws got us a super heavy duty sherpa lined footmuff for real winter. It annoys me you can't hang things off the stroller bar. I got a diaper bag with stroller straps so that I could attach the straps to the bar underneath while my bag sits on that funny step thing at the back of the basket so I can use the whole basket for other stuff when needed. But I think its annoying you can't hang a bag off the actual stroller bar.

Yeah I am hoping the antimicrobial pocket thing will help my bag not smell like parmesan cheese goldfish eventually :haha:

Anyway, better go get ready for work or I will be rushing for the bus like a maniac!

nimbec that bag is lovely! I can't believe how hopeless mamas and papas have been!!

doggylover, I don't blame you for staying home. Your boss needs to be a bit more understanding! our snow melted and has left the pavements mega icey. I made Aaron finish work early this morning to come on the school run with me. I had to cling to his arm the whole way there. The school road and playground was the worst bit!! I would have thought they would have been better prepared, When I went to pick the kids up it was still full of ice!

Today I have felt properly huge!! I went to the shopping center with Aaron and only had to walk around ASDA then 500 yards to other shops but I honestly didn't think I'ld make it. I think I will start swimming to improve my fitness. We got some draws so we can move the clothing around and make more room for baby. I brought some gorgeous minky nappies, in tiger print and cars, and we also got told about this mold remover called HG that is apparently awesome so we will be trying that out tomorrow.

Our cot has been placed against the wall and cleaned (as it was second hand), we have been debating whether or not to set it up yet. I'm thinking in 2 weeks time at 30 weeks but Aaron is a bit impatient lol. ALSO I started babies hospital bag today!!! OMG so weird to be buying nappies and wipes again. ASDA has a baby event on at the moment by the way. you can get 72 nappies for £10 I only got a small pack for birth.

i have to say though that while standing in the baby aisle faced with 100s of baby shampoos and bath products, my hospital bag list completely left my head, all I could think of was breast pads and that night time bath stuff.. Seriously not a great time to have baby brain lol

That is it with me. All is good here. Hope everyone is doing well and finding some bargains out there. Also I don't remember who mentioned pound land for bath essentials for baby but thank you!! :) xx

Oh flip sake, ukgirl I meant to say to you about hh mould spray last week :dohh: it is unreal! We use it in our shower and its phenomenal. Sorry for not getting round to telling you! I know what you mean about feeling big today. Despite being home all day, I am full of aches and pains. We just took the dogs out (the snow has finally cleared on the roads) and I am walking soooo slowly now, and now I am just aching all over! And I think I've started to waddle... Sounds like you've had a busy baby day! So exciting! And minkee nappies are so soft, so so soft! I strip washed some of my preloved nappies today, freaked out because they are old tots bots and look massive compared to the little lambs, and I am relying on them being the bulk of my stash, but I'm sure it'll be fine!

no worries hun, baby brain is awful, just blame it on that! lol.. I love all my nappies so much! I got a cute minky tiger print one which is now my new favorite, I can't wait to caress them haha!

I just had a huge fight with the new plastic draws I brought for the kids wardrobes!! They wouldn't fit through the doors so I had to take them apart and rebuild them inside the wardrobe. The air was blue!! lol

I am sure the tots bots will be fine, although I haven't seen them close up yet, as mine hasn't arrived. How many nappies do you have now? I counted mine and I've gone a bit mad and brought about 25 :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->