April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Here are my new dipes :)

So I got three wee newborn ones, four One Size minkies and 2 One Size PUL dipes. I was going to get just all minkies but I liked those patterns, especially the little knit print dog one! I had to include a close up of the knitted dog wearing a monocle because, you know, what child doesn't want to poop in something with monocle dogs on it?!

Attachments

• newbies.jpg
    newbies.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1
  • minkies.jpg
    minkies.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
  • PUL dipes.jpg
    PUL dipes.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2
  • monocle dog.jpg
    monocle dog.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 2
:yipee:

Aaaaah! Just went to take the dog for a walk and what was waiting for me on the stoop? My alva baby diapers! Six days!! That's how long they took to get here from China. That is totally insane. And they ship them DHL for nothing. Crazy.

I so want to just sit and snap and unsnap them and perform experiments comparing them to my other dipes, but I have to go get on the bus. I will take pictures of their cuteness soon tho because they are damn cute!

Wow that's quick! :thumbup: So damn cute! <3 the doggies
I'm expecting my nappies on Monday morning :happydance:

Here are my new dipes :)

So I got three wee newborn ones, four One Size minkies and 2 One Size PUL dipes. I was going to get just all minkies but I liked those patterns, especially the little knit print dog one! I had to include a close up of the knitted dog wearing a monocle because, you know, what child doesn't want to poop in something with monocle dogs on it?!

:rofl: any child that doesn't want to poop on a monocled dog is NOTHING TO ME! ;) they are so adorable, and I agree that getting the PUL was a good option considering those prints! I can't believe how fast they got to you! Talk about super service!

Restrain yourself though...don't order more just yet :haha:

Hi everyone. just popping in to share some info with you. Here in the UK midwifes dont check for group strep B bacteria in the vagina. you can however get this test privately. GSB makes 700 babies in the uk sick every year. So I decided to do my own test and was surprised to find that ordering and posting the test via the medisave website is free. You only pay for the lab testing when you get your results. The test should be done between weeks 35-37 but Ive ordered mine early. So yeh... just a heads up that you can do it yourself :) Hope you are all well xxxx

It crap isn't ukgirl! My mw said that David Cameron doesn't want to fork out £40 a test and that's why we aren't screened for it, even though its becoming increasingly common! Lucky I had a bleed and they did a swab and found it that way or I wouldn't have know I have it!

When I read the statistics kealz I was very worried why they didnt test routinely for it. I think I would rather pay for my own test than chance it. It is very good that they cauht it with you so now you can protect your baby. Its so scary that he is willing to overlook such things for the sake of £40 which could save a babies life or health.

My cloth nappies arrived today... it was like nappy xmas!!! Pic on my fb profile xxx

Also scan went very well, my lil man is the perfect size for his dates and my fundus is also spot on! She flipped the scan over to 4d too it looked so weird but you could really see his chubby cheeks! But gotta go back to the hospital on Friday to have a 24hor ECG fitted as my heart rate was very high! But all is good with bubs so that's all that matters x

Awwww thats lovely! Glad all is well with the little guy hope the ecg test goes well xxxx

Lol I saw your pic! That is a very cute lil bum ur lil man is going to have!!!
Out of curiosity, what is everyone's resting heart rate? Mine is 112....

Omg... I love all the CD you guys have!! I can totally see why you guys went that route! If I was using CD, he would be strutting around in diapers ONLY lol!!!

Steph Yeah they will do an EMCS if i do, Which i don't necessarily want to happen.

Doggylover...I feel pretty behind personally on getting all of this done. A good friend of mine is due in May and she has her nursery all put together and all of his stuff already out where she wants it and clothes hanging in the closet. But i do feel accomplished with what i have done so far.

Kealz that is great news!! Glad your lo is measuring perfect! My HR in the hospital was 99. I think it is ok to be a little elevated when you are pumping extra blood for you and baby.

Kristabelle your diapers are so DANG cute!!!! You will def have one stylish little one!!

Ukgirl that is crazy that they don't test over there for GBS. At least you can test yourself and it isn't expensive.

I have an appointment with the dreaded OB today. I am not sure how it is going to go as i am still very peeved with him for what he put us through.

Oh Mommabrown... Goo luck with your appointment! I hope all goes well and you don't end up killing him lol.
My nursery is NOT done either. Actually, I only have the name plate for the wall done! We still need to paint one part and am waiting for the furniture (supposed to get it tomorrow). I feel like I can't do anything, until the furniture is there :shrug:

Hello Ladies!

Mommabrown, Best of Luck with your appointment!!!

Steph, I'm at about the same place as you with the nursery. I do have it all painted, but I haven't gotten the crib or anything yet. I'm so worried I'm not going to get everything done in time....

AFM, well Mason & I really have no changes. My Dad had a pacemaker put in yesterday so he's still in the hospital hopefully getting released today. While he was in surgery, my Mom & I were just hanging out & Mason started tumbling. My Mom finally got to feel him moving about for about 10 minutes before he settled back down. She was so excited. Other than that, everything is going good right now....

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Those CD are definitely pretty freaking cute!! Yep, stylish looking bums indeed. :winkwink:

mommabrown: we're no where near done our nursery yet either! We go to get our storage unit on Tuesday, and I'm not sure when we'll get the change table. We don't have any of our decorations/decals up on the walls yet either, or our curtains bought and the rocking chair cushions which were being re-upholstered we won't get back for a few weeks yet when we have our baby shower. We're very much in limbo on the preparation front right now... until the baby shower there isn't much more we can do! I keep counting clothes though and whatnot just so I feel like I'm actually doing something. :wacko:

Group Strep B: I believe that this is what my SIL's friend had, and unfortunately her baby died as they didn't know because we aren't tested. My SIL asked to be tested and she was done by her midwife for free. I'm going to ask my midwife, but I also don't mind paying as £40 is nothing really. It's ridiculous that babies are dying and they are too cheap to fork out. Thank Ukgirl for bringing it up. My midwife appointment is next week so I will have to ask her then.

Mommabrown: Your friend is INSANELY organised! Good luck at your appointment, and give that man hell about his mistake and what it meant for your family.

I feel like my nursery is a total shambles. The crib is in the middle of the room half disassembled from painting, the bookcase is still in a box in the hallway totally unassembled, none of the clothes are washed, no diapers are prepped, there is stuff all over the room in bags and boxes, none of the drawers are organized, we haven't put the shades on the windows or put up the clothes rods in her closet, or put pictures on the wall... I should take a picture of the insanity to make you ladies who don't have things yet feel better. You might not have things yet, but at least you don't have a totally chaotic wreck - yay!

I just took my pulse and my heart rate seems to be about 85. Glad they will be monitoring yours if it seems a bit high Kealz. I'm sure its fine, but you will feel better with the monitor. Great news about baby measuring perfect! You'll be squeezing those chubby cheeks soon!

That is bad that they don't give you the Strep test just for financial reasons! I guess that is a benefit of the US system. We get every test under the sun because they are scared of a malpractice suit. Although I know they test for it in Australia and their healthcare system is similar to the UK system. My mw did mention that I would be getting that test, but I forget which week it is.

Sending positive thoughts to your dad Maybesoon, hope he gets out of the hospital today :hugs: That is quite amazing that they can put a pacemaker in one day and you can go home the next! Hope he makes a quick recovery!

I feel like my nursery is a total shambles. The crib is in the middle of the room half disassembled from painting, the bookcase is still in a box in the hallway totally unassembled, none of the clothes are washed, no diapers are prepped, there is stuff all over the room in bags and boxes, none of the drawers are organized, we haven't put the shades on the windows or put up the clothes rods in her closet, or put pictures on the wall... I should take a picture of the insanity to make you ladies who don't have things yet feel better. You might not have things yet, but at least you don't have a totally chaotic wreck - yay!

I just took my pulse and my heart rate seems to be about 85. Glad they will be monitoring yours if it seems a bit high Kealz. I'm sure its fine, but you will feel better with the monitor. Great news about baby measuring perfect! You'll be squeezing those chubby cheeks soon!

That is bad that they don't give you the Strep test just for financial reasons! I guess that is a benefit of the US system. We get every test under the sun because they are scared of a malpractice suit. Although I know they test for it in Australia and their healthcare system is similar to the UK system. My mw did mention that I would be getting that test, but I forget which week it is.

Sending positive thoughts to your dad Maybesoon, hope he gets out of the hospital today :hugs: That is quite amazing that they can put a pacemaker in one day and you can go home the next! Hope he makes a quick recovery!

Thank you!!! The doctor went to check on my Dad at 10:45 this morning & released him from the hospital!!!! :happydance:

I will be getting the Group B Strep test also, but it's not until I'm somewhere in the 33-36 week range if I remember correctly. I know it's a test all mommy's get in this area.

Maybesoon, glad to hear your dad is out of hospital, and obviously doing well!

At the minute our nursery has a shower door and bits from our bathroom in it.....and nothing else! Dh took all the tiles off the bathroom walls, so had to move all the bathroom stuff...and the nursery is still the dumping room of choice! No matter how many times we clear it, more stuff ends up in there :dohh: I can't wait until its sorted!

Now, we had chosen our baby names (and Isabelle still stands for a girl), but dh mentioned just before new year that he wasn't sure if Maxwell was quite right. We decided on Max, but with our last name being so short (Jay) we didn't think we could just have Max Jay, so wanted to give a full, long version of Max. So I told dh to think about whether he wants Maxwell or Maximillian, and get back to me. But since he brought it up, he has managed to put me off the name altogether! But I didn't want to say anything as he said he still liked Max. I've been wondering when to bring it up with him, and did last night. He still wasn't sure, and then we both said that after the confusion about the long version of Max, it's kind of put us off the name :dohh: so now we are back to Alex and Freddie - which is where we started when I first got pregnant!! We are really struggling with boys names, which is weird as there have always been so many I love - it's just getting dh to agree!

Thanks doggylover! UGH on the names department.... I never thought in a million years I would have a problem choosing one since all I have ever wanted was a boy. But the funny thing was once I was actually pregnant all I could come up with were girl names that dh & I could agree on.... Imagine that one!!! I'm thankful we finally came to an agreement & Mason is set with his name. I just hope it suits him!!!

Then on Monday when we were shopping I made a comment to dh saying "you know, we are set on Mason, we have gotten mostly boy stuff (lots of neutrals though) but watch us end up having a girl".... Although I'm pretty confident on the 2 doctors being correct...

Lmao Maybesoon, I was having the same thoughts the other day (though I know with certainty that the US showed boy!!).

Doggylover, you still have time :hugs:. You both have to love the name, so no need to rush!

OH told me the other day: well we picked Grayson but that could still change I guess!!!
No no no... That will NOT change!! I have spent time and money on the wall decor with ThAT name lol. And I have bonded with the name and LO! Men

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->