April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

doggylover: picking out names can be tough! DH and I agreed on a boys name pretty easily... but we had a lot of trouble with the girls name. Just before we went to go find out the gender actually on the bus ride there, we confided that we had gone off the original girls name we picked (Isobelle) because it was so incredibly popular here. So we just started naming off names we both liked, and actually settled on a new name super easy and quickly which was amazing! If LO was a girl she would have been called Agnes Joyce. Joyce is my grandma's name, and we both love the name Agnes. It means "little lamb." So that one will be tucked away in case the next LO is a girl. If the next LO is a boy then he'll be Oliver Felix.

Good luck picking out a new one!!

So after all the talk this afternoon about being stuck on nursery stuff, I had a massive desire to go shopping, and there was no stopping it! lol :dohh: So I bought finally bought the curtains for the nursery.... I couldn't find green, so I bought some red ones which still fit the nursery theme well. My mom has a curtain rod we can have which I have to wait for though. I also bought some large cloth baskets to put in the wire cubby rack we have sitting in the wardrobe. I bought a green one, a light blue one, and a light purple one. They fit perfectly and they take up just about the entire cubby space so there's lots of storage in them. And then I picked up two multi-picture picture frames. Each one has four spots in it, so we have a total of eight. DH and I have been talking for a while about how we want to have family photos up in the nursery, so there will be a spot for each set of grandparents (X2), each set of aunts/uncles (X3), and each great grandparent (X3) I have five of the required photos already, and have sent out the word for the other 3 to send me one! I think it will be really nice and that way LO can get used to seeing their faces since some of them live far away.

Ugh Steph my DH said a very similar thing after I finally got him to commit to Mia as a middle name. The other night our convo was...DH: yeah but we could change the name me: which name? The middle name? DH: All the names Me: (evil stare) What? No! Her name is Annelise. That's not changing that one is set. The middle name we can change but this one is my favorite. DH: Well, fine... unless we think of something better :dohh: Pffffft! Last time I was at the library I got three name books out, for his benefit, and he hasn't even cracked one. So I am unconcerned, since he suggests no names and criticizes any other alternatives I come up with for a middle name. So I bet that in 2.5 months time she ends up with the name I want :winkwink:

I'm sure you will think of something perfect Doggylover. Freddie was on my list too :flower:

All your nursery plans sound great Ready to Mum! I have some frames for photos too, but only two. One for my mum and one for my dad. I want to have just their pics in the nursery since LO will hardly ever see them and I want her to recognize their faces, so if they are the only pics in the nursery I feel like it will make them more important.

Hmmm ladies a common theme here - it's the MEN who are making naming choices a bit more difficult :haha:

I actually had a dream last night and we called the baby Freddie, so maybe that's a sign? Although in the dream he was also born with a full set of teeth :shock: so I hope that doesn't happen, it was awful!!

Readytomum it really sounds like your whole nursery is coming together well. All those final touches (like the baskets) are what really ends up making it look homely. We are also going to put some family photos up. My dh is concerned that the baby will forget his family, as they live so far away. So we are putting up two family photos, a big one of his and a big one of mine. Poor baby. Sleeping with all that lot staring at you :haha:

Afm, so tired today! I slept through our first alarm which is something I never do. Luckily the dh must have hit snooze, so it went off quite soon again afterwards. I don't know how I'm going to make it through until 3.30pm...let alone 6 more weeks!

yup men are arse heads when it comes to naming babies!! Aaron would find a name he liked then tell his work mates who would make fun of the name so he hated it and we would have to change it. I told him the baby's name is Benson and that is that!

I just had my 28 week check... she took my blood!! ouch! Got to book in for the whooping cough vaccine when my cold has gone and go back to see her at 34 weeks. Benson is looking good, all the tests looked great. BUT he is laying transverse!! I have some time until he has to be either breech or head down but if he doesn't flip round I'll be having a c section. :/ fun!

Ahh Candy I think my LO is still transverse as well, as I feel movement on both sides, and none high or low....I didn't realise that was bad at this stage! We better get bouncing on those birthing balls!!

I still haven't had any bloods done (apart from booking in appt) or my whooping cough..........

I didn't know she was going to get me with the blood thing lol. She kind of just went, shall we take some blood then?.... noooooooo lol.. Have you seen a website called spinning babies? they show you how to turn your baby with exercise :) You should get the vaccine from 28 weeks on I think. xxx I had to book my own vaccine on my way out xxx

Wow.... So I'm 27 weeks today & it seems like Mason is all over the place. I mean, he spins in cirlcles kicking high, low & side to side. Is that bad at this stage? Should he be laying up & down all the time or is it ok for him to be all over the place & side to side?

My lil man is head down and has been since 20 week scan! But don't worry ladies they still have time to flip round, Paige flipped round about 3 times, while I was in labour she was back to back then she flipped back round thank goodness! I'm buying a birthing ball this weekend! Had my ECG monitor fitted this morning! Gotta keep it on for 24hours :( its unconfortable, the pads are sitting right under my boobs and digging in :(
As for names, we are so struggling! All names I mention he doesn't like! I like the name James, his middle name will be Denis after my grandad who passed recently, James Denis, I think that sounds lovely, but because Stephens assistant managers name is James he said he will never hear the en of it! Pathetic!
As for me, I've got mw on Wednesday, I'm expecting lots of bloods to be taken and then I have my whooping cough jab that same day :(

from my scan last week baby is happily sitting upright on his bottom! lol
Saying thast he may have moved as ive had some horrible stretching pains the last week, that have made me gasp for breath!

My OH was a pain re names too, discounted most of what i suggesested without actually coming up with any alternatives, typical!

My mum has got DS today and overnight so have done a bit of cleaning and now taking the oppotunity to chill right out for the rest of the day and evening!

Snap Melissa, my mum has Paige from tonight till Sunday! So excited tat I get a lay in tomorrow and Sunday!!!!!! So gonna wash all bubs things! X

all you ladies with mothers who baby sit over night are super lucky!! MY mum remarried and had my brothers when I was 15 and 18, my youngest brother is the same age as Connie so it would be unfair to ask my mum to have them all at her house, mainly because when they get together they raise hell! lol

Have you all seen some of my baby shirt + nappy matches?? omg it's so silly but soooo cute at the same time!!

I'm not too worried about Benson at the moment. He has a good 11 weeks to flip it round but he was more breech than head down which worries me. xx

My mum remarried too UKgirl, my stepdad is like a dad to me ( i dont see my real dad anymore) and he was never previously married or ever had any children, Harrison is the light of both their lives, we are really lucky, he loves them too its a beautiful relationship to see and nice when we need a break!

i saw your nappy and tops! How cute!

Was just putting away my newborn things freshly washed in a drawer! So teeny!!

Haha I love the tiger one! I have a lot of baby clothes coming my way from friends as I had to leave all of my kids clothes in Norway :( so I'm going to collect them next week, wash them and put them away, I have to put up the cot too so I can get stuff out of the wardrobe to get his clothes in there! I saw you saw the pregnant and I know it video too! Omg I laughed so hard! xx

im glad you posted it as i wanted to and couldnt quite grasp how to do it(im a bit thick with computers lol!)

Candy, those matching outfits algae got to be te cutest thing I have ever seen!!! Love love love!!

I'm pretty sure Grayson is head down because I feel most pushing and kicking right at the base of my ribs (and just below). Some light taps and jabs way low (elbow/ fingers to the cervix maybe?!? :haha:). About three weeks ago I would feel him roll around but lately, he's been set in his spot.
I feel some bulging on the right top side of my bump every so often. Not sure if it I baby butt/ back, or BH?? Can't really tell if everything else is relaxed because it causes stretching through my whole belly?!? :shrug:

My nursery furniture is being delivered today :happydance:. My dad will wait at my house for it, so I don't have to take off work! I can't wait to get started!!! This weekend I will finally start feeling like LO is coming :)

aww Steph I'm so jealous you are getting your nursery stuff today! I gotta wait until (hopefully it's on time) Wednesday.... I can't wait to get the crib put together!!!

Today is going to be a longgggg day. I have lunch planned with my Mom & some of her ex-co-workers that she worked with for 25 years!!! None can believe I have a "belly" & want to see it.... UGH! Then this afternoon my bff has planned a "baby shower meeting"..... We are all meeting to discuss the baby shower plans & do some finalizing. I had NO idea when I agreed to let her do my shower that it was going to be such a HUGE deal.... I love her for doing it, but she's driving me insane as if the baby shower is the ONLY thing going on in the world.... I'm getting to the point of just being ready for it to be over!!!!

Lol Maybesoon, I can relate to the baby shower. My best friend is working with my mom to organize. She is the event manager at my work, so I know she will be very detailed on everything. My only request: coed, provide beer and wine, at my parents house (they have a big pool for everyone to hang out in) and no games lol. We are really just doing one last get together with our friends before Grayson gets here.

lol.... I told mine to keep it simple, NO GAMES & ours is co-ed also. I didn't want anything all fancy like you see a lot of. But she doesn't understand simple apparently. Ordering the invitations was like buying a freaking new car. I couldn't decide on what colors for sure the nursery was going to be & she felt that the invitations ABSOLUTELY HAD to be the same colors... I was like.... It's my family & friends that are getting the invitatations & they aren't gonna give 2 shits if the colors are the same as the color on the walls in Mason's room. Hell most of them won't even remember what the invitation even looked like 3 minutes after receiving it!!!!

I'm pretty sure Peter isn't head down yet either.

I had my pre-natal yoga last night which is of course lots of stretching, many of the positions are good for labour as well as repositioning LO. Well I always feel a little bit weird after I finish yoga and get home because things are looser I guess. Well last night while I was laying in bed, I'm pretty sure Peter spun around, but he did it horizontally! My ENTIRE stomach was moving and pushing out in a circular motion. I had my hands resting on my stomach while he did it... and I'm not going to lie, that much motion and having my stomach move that much actually made me feel a little queasy! :blush: It wasn't like a cute little kick or jab, it was like the kid was trying to burst out "Aliens" style and it was a little disconcerting. lol I've never felt that much motion before all at once.

Emmaleigh was transverse till here a couple of weeks ago. She pushes down on my cervix with her head and up with her feet into my ribs at the same time now!!

Oh i am so jealous of all you gals that have people helping with the baby shower. I am doing my own as my MIL and SIL never got their shit together!

Oh Steph i am super jealous...i have at the last minute decided to trade rooms around with the boys and Laurynn so that when Emmaleigh is big enough to stay in her own room they will have 2 closets instead of one. *Facepalm* I don't know what the hell i was thinking.

I have started having cramping down low but my uterus isn't tightening up so i am just bearing with it for now. I have realized why we women are so tired and cranky in the 3rd trimester it is because of all the lack sleep we get!!! OH has started staying overnight more often. He apologizes daily for being an asshole! It is slowly getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->