April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Thanks ladies! EEEKKK! Candy about the gas scare! But glad Benson is back to kicking & letting you know everything is ok!

kirstabelle... Mason is normally the exact same way! He can be tumbling, kicking, punching, just going crazy & if anyone but me touches my tummy or if I lift my shirt so DH can see, he will completely stop. It has been driving me crazy because I feel like everyone is going to think I'm making it up since they never see/feel him!!! But he finally let his daddy know he's there! It was so much fun watching them play!!!!

UGH on the snow.... We are back to having pretty weather again. I know it will only last for a few days, but I'm loving it while it lasts!!!

Steph: 6 weeks and 3 days until my maternity leave! :wohoo: I can't wait! Although it seems forever away right now. Luckily the snow has mostly melted, which is good as I'm going to see a friend tonight who is home from Australia and didn't want to have to cancel!

In terms of having stuff- we have everything apart from the nursery furniture! Nothing at all in there, but no panic here as the week of 18th feb my in laws are coming to help us! We are redoing our bathroom too, so it has to be done before baby's room. It'll be fiiiiiine though...

Ukgirl :shock: what the heck are your cloth nappies being posted in?! A lead lined box?!?! That's insanity! Sounds like the postage was as much as the nappies themselves! I'm glad the gas leak was just a scare, but how excitingly dramatic! Also, how do you not notice that the gas smell is EVERYWHERE over the whole town and not just in the school?!

Kirstabelle: I know once I am in this cloth business that's me forever. I am obsessed already, and don't even have a little bum to put it on yet!!! You'll need to show us the pics when all your furniture is done! And my LO is the same - moving away, then gets super shy when anyone looks lol!

Readytomum: oh my gosh that puppet is amazing! I love it!! I hope you are staying snuggled up in the cold! I don't have as many clothes as you, mainly because I am thinking everyone we know will buy us gender specific bits when baby arrives. My mum said the other day she will be shopping up a storm once she finds out what gender we have!

Maybesoon, I'm glad to hear you are ok. Not too long still to go until you can take it easy on maternity leave. If it makes you feel better, my aunt is 45 and just had her 3rd and so age isn't the be all and end all - keep doing what you are doing as long as you feel ok.

Afm, I made it home alive (clearly!) everyone at work was slagging my boss off today about him being so uncaring to me yesterday! They are so sweet to me sometimes! And one woman was telling me she thinks my bump is just perfect and how wonderful I look! :mrgreen: I love bump compliments!!!

Aha! I finally found my camera! Your comment about bumps doggylover made me want to take a new bump photo. I quite like the way mine looks now. Instead of being sort of an 'all over' bump it's much more pronounced outwards instead.

I've attached my bump progression and the new photo on it's own as well. It'll be my last bump picture of 2nd Tri!

Attachments

• Fraggle27weeks.jpg
    Fraggle27weeks.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 3
  • BumpProgression.jpg
    BumpProgression.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 10
awwww your bump is lovely Readytomum!! xx

Doggylover, no one knew about the gas leak in our area until after they evacuated the school. I only live across the road from it so when I come out of my house on my way to get them and smelt the gas it was so strong I panicked lol.. It wasn't until after I had gotten home than I saw it on the news :/ xx

That's so crazy, imagine how strong t must have smelt in France!!!

Readytomum, whoa! You can really see how your bump has changed! Which weeks are the other pics from?

Hey ladies. Been out for awhile with the stomach flu, dehydration and a UTI. I have even passed it on to my LO's so it has been pretty ugly around here. The strain of the flu that everyone is getting isn't even included in with the flu shot(It is affecting the GI tract) this year they said at the hospital so there was not stopping it even if I tried.

With that being said i still feel really lousy and just thought i would check on everyone and see how you all were doing?

Lovely bump ReadytoMum!

oh mommabrown!! that sounds awful!! I really hope you and LO feel better soon xxx

Nimbec: I've heard that baby Bjorns aren't great as they are a "crotch dangler" which basically means that the baby's hips aren't supported in the correct position, and they are only held under their crotch. Their legs need to be a in froggy position rather than just hanging down outside the carrier.You should also avoid any baby carrier that carries baby in a forward facing position, as it throws your weight off centre, and doesn't hold them in the correct position (this is all info I've gained from my research on carriers, much of it over in the natural parenting forum, but other places too). I believe the stokke carrier allows a parent facing carry which would be much better, but again I'm not sure if properly supports the hips. I mean, I don't know of anyone whose baby has ever had serious injury or problems because they used a "crotch dangler" lol! but if you plan on using it a lot, then it's something to consider. After looking at loads of different styles, I went for a Boba 3G in the end, but obviously that isn't much help to you since you would prefer to use your M&P voucher!

^^^ wss :thumbup:

From the small bit I saw of Stokke, I'd go with that of the 3. But I wouldn't use it forward facing, only front facing inwards and back. But then a quick look at price, and the Stokke carriers are insanely expensive here (Were $249 USD on Amazon.com :wacko: Not sure about the price point over there!), so I'd go with Boba or Ergo or Beco or a mei tai before it, personally (given the prices for them in the US). I just got an Ergo for my toddler and we both LOVE it. I went with Ergo mainly because I had it narrowed down to that and Boba and then I found an outstanding deal on an organic Ergo that I couldn't refuse. I'll probably be using a mei tai more with the newbie and continue using the Ergo for my oldest.

If you're worried about price, Infantino even has a couple of decently ergonomic options and are extremely inexpensive --They have severaly mei tai -like options and an SSC called the "Union" that looks pretty decent. Some people take issue with their ethics ("stealing" designs, from what I understand?). I would consider the Union as an "extra" carrier option and do have an EcoSash that I really do like whether it's a rip off of a Babyhawk mei tai or not. :haha:

I will say I think Bjorn has started making more ergonomic carriers but from what I've seen, they're still not as good as Boba or Ergo (personally still don't find the base to be wide enough for baby, ergonomically speaking) and they cost more (here, at least). :shrug: The bottom line is their orignal carrier and versions of it are not great ergonomic options for baby or the wearer. :nope: It doesn't mean they're completely awful, it just means there are better options if you have the means.

I think the general mantra of the babywearing community is "any babywearing is better than none at all." :winkwink:

Attachments

• carriers.jpg
    carriers.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5
Oh NO! Hope y'all get well soon! The flu is a killer this year! My DH had it over Christmas & still sounds like crap. My bff, her hubby & all 3 kids are sick. Their youngest will be a year in June & she as RSV right now....

Readytomum, whoa! You can really see how your bump has changed! Which weeks are the other pics from?

The other pics are 13, 16, and 23 weeks!!

mommabrown: sorry to hear everyone has the bug!! There's a really nasty flu bug going around here right now too. Thankfully I've managed to avoid it so far, but I've been sick with just about everything else. Lots of fluids and rest for everyone if you can!

nimbec: We bought an Infantino carrier. We got the "Flip" so it can be worn on the front with baby facing in or out, and as well on the back with baby facing in depending on how big they are etc. We got a second hand Moby wrap from one of my cousins as well, so I imagine we'll switch back and forth between them until we find out which one works better for us and LO.

ukgirl: It's a good thing it's winter at least so you can keep your windows closed to help keep the smell out. I grew up near a chemical plant area (big industrial park) and it was the worst in the summer whenever there was any kind of leak because they would advise everyone to go inside and close their windows and turn off their air conditioners! :dohh: Hopefully the smell is gone soon though so you guys can all get back to normal.

Maybesoon, that's scary but good thing all is well! I usually get a hard bump late at night (if I'm not in bed by 8 lol). I assume those are Braxton Hicks?!! I always thought they would come and go... Not that my belly would stay hard for 20min at a time :shrug:

Yay Kristabelle... We can freak out/ get excited together lol!

As for clothing: is anyone getting newborn size? I have about 3 sleep suits that are newborn size (5-8lbs) but I worry that I need more?!? My mom laughed at my and told me not to get my hopes up :dohh:, but I don't want to be at the hospital and have no clothes that fit LO.
Candy, we have a friend that have us 3 HUGE boxes of boy clothing from 9months to 2T! I don't think I will be buying any clothes for Grayson ahahah... Which also means: I have little say on what style he wears lol. Oh well, I am extremely thankful for all of it (a lot still have tags on it)

Kristabelle, I think you said it... My baby does NOT cooperate on the Anne front either lol. He will kit up a storm, right until Rob puts his hand there... Then he won't move until right after he moves it lol. Silly baby's

It doesnt smell anymore readytomum thankfully.. It smelt awful! I couldnt imagine living next to a chemical plant that smells often eeek x

steph that is amazing that you got 3 boxes of clothes! I have a few clothes in newborn size incase baby is small.. my other two were about 7lbs xx

Sorry to hear you've been so sick Mommabrown! How scary for you that LO was affected too. Hope you are both on the mend now. They announced here that the numbers of people here with the flu are at "epidemic" levels, and everyone has some kind of flu that's not in the shot. A girl I work with just had it and her little nephew had to go into the hospital with it :( I am just trying to not really think about it, or worry about it. I have been washing my hands like a maniac at work and taking extra vitamin c and drinking my green smoothies and hoping we dodge it! Fingers crossed for all of us!

Your bump looks lovely Ready to Mum, you can see in your most recent pic that it seems a bit higher and fuller. Looks lovely and snug, a perfect end-of-second tri bump x

I also loved your puppet and agree that it looks very fraggle-esque. Definitely Jim Henson inspired. I bet Peter will love it to pieces!

I am the same on the clothes front too Steph, we have been given loads of stuff and apparently there is more to come :shock: I don't even think she will be a baby long enough to wear all of it :haha: I have bought her a few things that I just couldn't resist and I have some stuff on my registry like t-shirts and pants. I really want some more more t-shirts as with cloth diapering it will be easier to have her in a t-shirt and a cute dipe, especially as it will be nice weather for a lot of her tiny stage. I have loads of onesies, so really want some shirts. That's the only thing I would really buy at this point. And once we get to the end of winter I will get her some 6-12 month stuff on sale for next year as we don't have a lot of bigger or warm things. I also seem to have a weird lack of pants Ready to Mum. People gave me all these onesies and no pants, where did all the pants go?! Possibly wherever all the odd socks go... a mystery of the universe! :haha:

Oh and I just finished the second coat on the crib. My back is killing me now so I'm going to sit on the couch and watch dvds for the rest of the day! I need to get a teeny paintbrush tomorrow and touch up the bits where I pulled the tape off and then it will be done. I love how it looks! I will def take pictures!

Readytomum - if you are only planning on laundry once a week expect a few loads each time! I know some don't have this problem but if dirty clothes sit and sit (poop or puke) and are then washed they seem to get stained a ton quicker than if washed every 2-3 days. May want to get more sleep suits if you are doing once a week laundry as you'll have no extras :flow:

I wash DS's stuff once a week now but at the beginning sometimes I would do wash every day or every other so it didn't get out of control - it's amazing the amount of laundry newborns make and DS didn't spit up more than normal or anything but we went through a lot of laundry at the beginning. Bath towels, washcloths, whatever you change baby on, crib/bassinet sheets, blankets, burp cloths, clothes, bibs... so much to go through each day at the beginning when things get pooped, spit up, or dribbled on! I was never one to leave him in something that spit up got on though - even when it wasn't a large amount on him bc I thought it smelled bad and I wouldn't want to wear clothes that smelled even a tiny bit so always just changed him! If his sheets stayed clean I didn't strip them everyday - I just did weekly unless they got something on them. I always used a fresh towel and washcloth for baths though.

God thinking of starting all that crazy laundry again is making my head spin lol!

Hi US Ladies!

Have any of you guys checked with your insurance company yet about breast pump coverage? It took me a solid week to get an answer out of my insurance company :growlmad:.
It looks like they have to cover my pump 100% (after deductible) after the policy renewal (our policy gets renewed every april 1st). Just getting that answer out of them was like pulling teeth!!! :dohh:. So... now I am hoping that there will be no supply issues for pumps come April 1st. I will order mine as soon as LO is born (so i annual deductible is met) and hope that they can delivery within 6 weeks... since i plan to start pumping at that time.

Any of you ladies checked with your insurance yet? If you have not, I would do it soon, because they really try to make it difficult for you lol.

Steph! I had no idea breast pumps were even covered under insurance. I just looked up mine and it covers the purchase of a breast pump 100%, no copay requirement or anything. I got a manual one because I couldn't justify paying the $ for an electric one, but now that I know its covered by insurance that changes everything... thanks for pointing this out! I am going to call them tomorrow to clarify it with them, as there only seems to be a requirement about where I purchase it from.

Kristabelle, insurance has to cover it since the passing of the Affordable Care Act (passed August 1st, 2012). As long as you insurance plan has been renewed since (every company renews at a different time in the year) that time.

If you don't get an answer right away, keep trying for another person (that knows enough about it). Like I said, mine kept telling me that they would only cover if it was Deemed Medically necessary. <-- which would have been true under the "old" plan. Once the re-newel hit April 1st, they have to cover it regardless.
There are more services that are now covered, so check with your insurance:

Breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling: Pregnant and postpartum women will have access to comprehensive lactation support and counseling from trained providers, as well as breastfeeding equipment. Breastfeeding is one of the most effective preventive measures mothers can take to protect their health and that of their children. One of the barriers for breastfeeding is the cost of purchasing or renting breast pumps and nursing related supplies.

Yay, that's awesome! They def have to cover mine then because my hubby changed jobs so our new insurance definitely kicked in post August 2012. It does say I have to purchase it through the hospital or a DEM supplier... no idea what that is, so I will call tomorrow and find out how to get one that they'll cover. :thumbup:

Yay, that's awesome! They def have to cover mine then because my hubby changed jobs so our new insurance definitely kicked in post August 2012. It does say I have to purchase it through the hospital or a DEM supplier... no idea what that is, so I will call tomorrow and find out how to get one that they'll cover. :thumbup:

Well it won't matter when you guys were added to the insurance, the renewal date I based on when the group policy was updated (by the company done usually once a year). But pretty sure you will be covered :thumbup:. Yes, you have to buy it through one of the insurance approved medical suppliers but who cares right lol?!?
If you have no copay and are covered already, I would order ASAP (that way you won't have any problems if there are back ordered).
Yay for saving $300 :happydance:... I was worried about where to make cuts so I could get one (since I need a good one once I go back to work)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->