April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Sorry Kealz! If its any consolation, when I give birth and stay humongous, you'll return to normal size and will be able to say "this is because of that time you ate that whole bar of dairy milk..."! :haha:

nimbec, I definitely wouldn't get a car seat second hand, unless its from someone you know really well, as there is no way to know if its been in a crash before. I don't know about second hand isofix bases though :shrug: I agree though that the maxi cosi and isofix are so expensive, it's insane. Especially considering how you can get one of the 0-4 car seats we discussed last week for half the price of one of them!

Thanks Doggylover I know!! The thing is tho - just thinking the worst surly u would be able to tell if te seat had been in a big impact?? Also there is no air bags or anything so I'm confused as to the risk - but am worrying about it in any case it's just the cost is crippling :( ! Any choc left?!

Seriously...any choc left?! Ha! I got to that point where you think "oh I may as well just finish the bar" (which is about 4 seconds after my first mouthful! :haha:)

I think the worry is that if its been in a bump that has cracked it internally and weakened its structural integrity (get me with that big phrase!) then you might not be able to see it. I don't really know enough about it though I suppose, you could google it and see what the suggestions are? That's my auto response to everything I don't know - google!

I love dr google haha thanks Doggylover it's driving me insane lol ! Totally fed up with it now haha

Oh yes the choc wouldn't have lasted with me either!!

The thing with car seats are the requirements for safety changes every few years, so if you are going to buy one second hand and you find one that hasn't been in a crash and is in perfect condition, you need to check the brand and the year it was made and if it is still legal to use that seat.

Here when I was about to upgrade Connie to a booster seat a new regulation came out that boosters MUST have back rests to protect young children in a side on collision and to hold the seat belt in the right position in relation to their height.

So it is okay to buy second hand if the seat fits the regulations, I'm not sure who it is, it could be the AA or the DVLA or something like that. x

Thanks Ukgirl I've learnt they have expiry dates on them too!! I'm only looking at ones thy are less than a yr old and I know this by the colour I want as it was a 2012 colour haha method in my madness! But I'm still very jittery about it.....

I think it is probably fine to get a carseat that is within a year of its manufacture date and the owner says its not been in an accident. What happened to your stroller?! I have a terrible feeling that something is going to go wrong with my stroller. I wouldn't even let my DH throw the box out.

Had my 30 week appt with MW today. Baby is not head down. She is sideways like she is lying in a hammock. Chilling. No place to go anytime soon. :haha: MW says they don't worry until 36 weeks. She said I should play music everyday near my pelvis, down very low to encourage baby to shift. So yeah, I will now be serenading my vajayjay daily. A friend of ours was breech after 37 weeks and her doctor did Version Therapy which was successful. But she ended up with an emcs because of complications during delivery anyway. I am not going to worry about baby's position yet. She is always flipping around. I have the same feeling as you Maybe Soon. I never had any nice little taps or fluttering and what not really, just wild acrobatics. No wonder I have such horrible Heart Burn and no space in my lungs for air. If the kid would just move into my pelvis even a little bit I would really appreciate it. But nah, she's decided to just cram into my mid section. I guess she doesn't mind having no space :shrug:

I also had some tasty treats today. There is a candy store across the street from the library that sells proper Cadbury chocolate from England (not the crappy variety that is made here by Hershey's and just deceptively sold in the familiar purple wrapper :growlmad:) so I got myself a Wispa AND a Chomp. Mmmmmm...

Thanks Ukgirl I've learnt they have expiry dates on them too!! I'm only looking at ones thy are less than a yr old and I know this by the colour I want as it was a 2012 colour haha method in my madness! But I'm still very jittery about it.....

That sounds good nimbec :) I didn't know they had expiry dates. That's funny. I hope you find the one you need. I find a lot of great almost new baby stuff on gumtree. Have you tried there? xx

Kirstabel it had manufacturing indents like deep grooves at the end of each side of handles and a frayed hood plus the clip to pull to collapse pushchair was very rickity :( shame as I loved the chair but I've had so many faulty items from them I just couldn't face another! Perhaps I've just been unlucky!

Thanks Ukgirl - yes I love gum tree and Preloved ooh and eBay :)

Well I'm sat up in bed in pain :( oh oblivious!!! The dog is more concerned lol! Going to time my pains then give ward a call - really hope I'm not over reacting especially with it being 5am over here.... Stomach is quite hard now too! Fx all ok!!!

. So yeah, I will now be serenading my vajayjay daily....

:rofl: get oh in on the act and get him down there singing!!!

Nimbec I hope all is ok??? In regards to the Sola, those marks seem to be normal, as so many people have discovered them when the pram arrives, I just don't understand what they are though (someone on here posted a pic). I don't get why M&P wouldn't sort that out at the manufacturing end? Sounds like yours was a world of trouble, and better off without it. My friend has ordered the Sola, so I shall tell her to keep an eye out when it arrives.

Yep car seats have an expiry date (usually 5-6 years aft manufacture) which should be printed somewhere on the base. It's because after that time the plastic (apparently!) starts to break down minutely, and can cause tiny cracks that aren't visible, but which affect the structure of the whole seat :shrug:

Hello everyone.. Nimbec I hope all is well with bubs and you xxx

I have caught the cold that my family had last week.. Im in bed dying in a pool of snot! Sexy huh!

Well I have a problem and I wondered if anyone else has the same thing? I think Ive mentioned it before but I have really smelly farts.. I know right... tmi? They smell like Im dying. Ive had them for weeks every day. Is anyone else having this problem?

My biggest fear for labour is that I might fart and make everyone ill haha. I told OH he has to have a window open so I can fart near it... Haha.. I never had this with Connie and Lucas. The midwife says its hormones and baby laying on my guts and that its a different dad this time so Im getting lots of new things happen. Pregnancy is so glamorous!

Sorry ukgirl, can't help with this one. No joke - mine are always disgusting, so pregnancy hasn't affected them, they continue to be grotesque!

Hope everything is ok nimbec!

I can't help much either ukgirl. I was really gassy during first tri and for a little bit into second tri when I was really bloated, but that's pretty well gone away now. I'm in the same boat as dogglover though, when I do let one out mine are usually pretty smelly. Unlike my DH who walks around like he's got a squeak toy up his butt.... he farts all the time, and LOUD, but they never smell.

Car seats here have an expiry date on them as well, and apparently Canada is super picky about safety regulations on them. I know a few ladies who tried to buy a brand-new seat in the USA because it was a lot cheaper than here, and they ended up stuck with it because it didn't meet the safety requirements here so they couldn't use it! :wacko: So make sure, especially if you get one second hand, that it's still legal to use it!

AFM, today will be an interesting day! My sister is picking me up this morning to go and try on her wedding dress to see if it needs any alterations, and then this afternoon/evening is her bacherlorette party. We're going to a VIP movie theatre where you have amazing seats, they have an in-theatre bar etc. which will be pretty cool, even if I can't take advantage of the bar! Then we're off for a casual dinner. I had no part in planning the evening since two of her friends asked if they could do it... they were really last minute about it, and the only people who can make it are the two of them, me and my sister! So I know my sis is a bit bummed about that. She didn't want anything too crazy though and she's a huge movie buff, so hopefully she'll have a good time! I'll feel really bad if she doesn't, even though I didn't have any part in the planning!

Oh Nimbec, please let us know you are ok!!! I hope you just worked a little hard yesterday and needed to rest!

Candy, lol, I have no advice for you but maybe its what you are eating?? :rofl:

Kristabelle, lol did your doc say what kind of music? What if you pick the wrong kind, and your LO decides to turn up instead of down :haha:
I can imagine walking around with my phone by my lady bits, playing music ahahah

As for car seats... my two cents: I would never buy a used motorcycle helmet (which go by the same standards I believe) and I would never buy a used car seat. I am sure they are 100% safe but since that is the one thing to keep LO safe in case of an accident, I would not be willing to risk it :shrug:

AFM, nursery furniture is finally set up :happydance:. Now I actually need to make the room more baby friendly, since it looks too adult lol. So annoyed, Rob hates my red rug!! :growlmad:. I think he just wants to feel like he made some of the choices (since he is gone so much, I make all the decisions)... but I feel like nursery decorations should be left to the women :blush:. I told him to wait until he sees it next weekend to decide what he thinks but i think I will have to let him get a new rug (since its THAT important to him :growlmad:).

Hi all just a quicki I'm feeling quite rough :( monitoring my pain at moment ...may have to go to hospital later if they stay the same :( they are coming in phases 8mins apart for about an hour and half then I get a break for an hour then start again! Grrr I have to go in tomorrow if they are no better or tonight if they get any shorter and no gaps ....it's a bit worrying!!

So me and oh have fell out he has invited familly around for Indian takeaway yes honestly when I'm feeling like this!!! Grrrr sometimes men just do not think!! So I just told him he can't drink too much as I may have to go in and his response ....you'll be fine it's just these braxton hicks things!! Grrrrr so ill be driving myself in if I have to go and he will be mortified he couldn't help!! He's usually very thoughtful so not sure what the issue is today :( :(

Oooh on the m&p sola front there was a Dodgey batch of them I have been into 2 stores and no others have it but if she is happy to keep it they will give a £50 voucher if she complains - also get her to check it licks in lay flat position & that the back of the hood isn't frayed :) !

Steph I absolutely love your red theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Readytomum hope you have a good day it sounds busy to me!

Ill keep in touch and write more later hopefully when I'm feeling better!!

Oh nimbec, how thoughtless your OH is being :growlmad:. I hate when men are like this. He hears about Braxton Hicks and assumes thats what it is!! I would hide away in a room and let him deal with the family HE invited! Have you tried to take a bath? I hear that taking a hot bath will help BH (if thats what it is).

What type of pains are you having? Do they feel like BH or cramping?

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to apologise for not keeping up with the thread.....ive been reading.....cloth nappies and car seats are what I remember from the last 30 pages

cloth nappies are SO gorgeous but I just couldnt keep up with the washing (I do 2-3 loads a day as it is!!)- fair play to you who are doing it

be back soon - love to all xxxx

nimbec - I hope you didn't have to go to the hospital. And I hope you kicked o/h up his ass!

The snow here is finally gone, so now I can go to mother care, if they still have a ruddy sale on, iv been waiting to go for 3 weeks.

Aww Jenny I hope you are able to get lots of good stuff, and that the sale is still on.

Nimbec, any update on how you are? I can't believe OH invited his family over last night :growlmad: So inconsiderate!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->