April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

lol nimbec & Steph.... I have 2 great danes & dh has a tiny little chi.... She is a royal BITCH! She acts like she's the biggest dog in the house while my danes bow to her multiple mood swings.... That darn dog will be all playing with them one second & trying to start crap with them the next. I keep trying to tell her (& dh) one day she's gonna bite off more than she can chew & one of them is going to step right on her & squish her!!!

ReadytoMum.... I don't have a monitor, diapers, wipes or any of that stuff yet either. I do have a bassinet, car seat (no base yet), baby swings, clothes, receiving blankets & now the crib as of today. But my bff is giving me one of her strollers & car seat bases which I won't have until just before Mason is due... Kinda makes me nervous. I keep wanting to just go buy them, but she keeps telling me not to that I will have them in plenty of time. I am just one of those people who wants everything done "right now". I hate waiting til the last minute!

I cannot even imagine a little chi playing with Great Danes!!! That must be so hilarious to watch! Great Danes are great - one lives down the road from us and she is the cutest, stupidest, dog I've ever met! She's such a sweetheart!

Maybesoon that's hilarious!!! Lol so very true little chi's have no idea of how small they are! Bentley fancied his chances with a German Shepard in the vets a few months ago!!

Doggy - Transition is tough but generally goes fairly quickly - many times its the point of labor where women feel they cannot go on and ask for epidural and the dr says its too late! I think in general it's from 7/8 to 10 cms dilated. My transition lasted about 20 mins (started about 1 1/2 hr after botched epidural was removed so felt everything pretty true to life) and while it was rough, it was also very fast and I started feeling the pushy urges very quickly. When I was pushing it was much more comfortable and not nearly as painful.

Transition def sucks, but it means you are soooo close to meeting your baby - if you keep that in your head it will be so much easier to focus and cope. It's just very intense and can be a shock at first!

lol nimbec & Steph.... I have 2 great danes & dh has a tiny little chi.... She is a royal BITCH! She acts like she's the biggest dog in the house while my danes bow to her multiple mood swings.... That darn dog will be all playing with them one second & trying to start crap with them the next. I keep trying to tell her (& dh) one day she's gonna bite off more than she can chew & one of them is going to step right on her & squish her!!!

:rofl: thats about right!!

I agree with oosweetpea :) transition is touch but its fast. I went from 7cm to 10cm in about 30 mins and when you are in labour it sounds silly but time flies xxx

Doggy Lover- I had my natural childbirth class on the weekend and it made me feel much better about being able to give birth. Have you watched any labors on video or online yet? I have watched a few online, and the Business of Being Born documentary has some good natural births in it too. I also watched half of the More Business of Being Born documentary and that was also good for making you feel like its possible. They also showed a bunch of really good ones during the birthing class. And the woman teaching the class birthed triplets vaginally- so good luck telling her you can't birth one baby :haha:

And remember you don't have to do all natural and it is okay to ask for some pain relief, and there are lots of options available. My biggest worries are that baby won't flip, or we will go past 42 weeks and I'll have to be induced and then it will be more painful and I will be more likely to need interventions. So, there you go, we all have our own things we worry about. OMG and they showed us the catheter that gets put in your back during an epidural. It made me feel sick. I am sure informing us and showing us things is intended to make us feel better, but that in particular just horrified me. Thank goodness you can't see it happening!

Maybe Soon I laughed at you with your baby brain fast forwarding the time by a month, because that is actually my reality. My shower is the same day as yours so only about a month before my official due date. It does make me nervous but I do have a fair amount of stuff and almost everything to get us through the newborn period... unless my child is 10lbs at birth and then I have hardly any diapers, if people don't decide to get the one size dipes I have registered for. :haha:

My current nightmare is that I opened the box for the book case on Sunday morning to discover one of the pieces was damaged in transit. So I took pictures and emailed the place I bought it from and the reply was that I was supposed to advise within 48hrs of damage... it had been a month. Ooops. No apology for so shoddily packaging the item that it broke in transit or anything obviously. But they said they would still order me a part so I sent the information about the part and asked how long it usually takes. No response. So, hopefully it is actually being ordered and will be here soon. But so annoying as if I'd been able to paint that on Sunday my nursery would be almost done. :growlmad:

Anyway, so I am sitting on an exercise ball as we speak hoping my kid will decide to flip around. I am also going to try some of the techniques on the spinningbabies.com website. I'm not super worried yet. But ask me how worried I am in two weeks when she still hasn't flipped :haha:

Thanks so much ladies. Sweetpea and ukgirl, I hope my transition goes as fast as yours....it sounds so horrific!

Kirstabelle, I'll have to check out those links on YouTube :thumbup: thanks so much. I guess you're right, everyone worries about different bits of labour, but we will all be ok (I hope to God!!!) and once babies are here all this worry will be a distant memory! I also saw a video of how they put a catheter in, and it scared the life out of me!

I also saw a video of how they put a catheter in, and it scared the life out of me!

I refuse to watch any videos, I find it traumatic for me as I empathize deeply.:wacko: Even the most wonderful births on video, I find it is a very personal experience between mom and baby and we are intruders.

Catheter experience: It's nothing, they put it really quickly, as long as you don't look, you don't feel much, and you can pee anytime you want. There are days I wish I had a catheter all the time so I don't have to go to the bathroom he he!

I didnt know I was in transition I didnt feel much different I jusy went into a weird state of feeling like I was alone. I didnt want to talk to anyone or be touched I just laid there with the contractions until I could push. definitly do not watch anything because it will creep you out. Labour looks horrible from the outside but when you are the one experiencing it it really isnt so bad. I think the worst bit is the contracting but if you breathe throuh them youre fine xxx

Yeah my transition period was fairly quick, mw checked me said i wasn't ready to start pushing, 5 minutes later I was screaming or her to get back in and it all began, in total I was pushing for 1.5hours! My established labour was 4hours, but I'd been having contractions for 27! But as awful as I thought it was at the point, soon as that pressure was gone ad I saw Paige, it was like there was no one else in the room! Just us! :) I can't wait to have that again!

So last night had a bit of an emotional argument with Stephen about Paige... Basically his mum is pissed off coz I won't let her take Paige for the night! But I will let my mum! But I will say this, I am just about comfortable leavin her with my mum, I call god knows how many times and I repeat myself 100times about her routines, what she can and can't have and I don't feel 100% comfortable with it! He said he wants his mum to have her, all I can see are horrible different scenarios that could happen! She is a very large woman, and has almost sat on her a few times when I've been there, Paige has some balls that pop out of a toy, and she was putting them in her mouth and lowin them out, so obviously Paige thought that was amazing and tried to do it too!!!!! Why would you encourage a child to put small toys in her mouth u idiot?!?!?! I just do not feel happy at all, and an evening with out Paige that is suppose to be stress free would be filled with worry. Am I being unreasonable?

kealz: it's your child, so you need to do what you're comfortable with! I would maybe suggest letting your MIL take her for a few hours during the day at first until you're more comfortable with it and know that Paige is being well taken care of, and then when you're ok with that move on to try an overnight visit. And although it was a while ago that they were caring for infants/toddlers they raised your DH well, so try to keep that in mind too. I don't have any LO's yet so I don't know what it's like letting go for overnight visits... but once baby shows up, you might want to be able to cash in on that offer now and then, so maybe try testing it out now? :shrug:

Kealz I thing you are totally within your rights!! If you are not happy with the idea trust your gut instinct - mums intuition is normally right!! Also maybe start with a few hours in day or perhaps suggest you spend time with her and show/tell her EXACTLY how you want things done! I know I will struggle to leave bubs especially over night. So don't feel bad it's normal to be protective and at the end of the day your mum is your mum and inevitably you will know her far better than you mil ((hugs))

Well my contractions have stopped phew!! Consultant tomorrow for scan & plan!!

Thanks guys!
Oh thank goodness nimbec just make sure u continue to take it easy! No more scares please!
Speaking of contractions, I'm on a bus on my way to hospital for consultant appointment along country roads and all the bumps and pot holes are hurting my belly I swear I must look mental hanging on for dear life! My belly keeps tightening now!!!

Good luck at appt! Hang on tight to your bump ;) hopefully it just all the jiggling about !

yay nimbec lets hope they stay away now for another month at least xx

kealz don't do what you're not comfortable with doing xx I agree with what the other ladies have said and I don't think you're unreasonable xx

afm - I was doing laundry today and found discharge in Connie's underwear!!!! She's 6!!! so I'm going to keep an eye on it and check for infection after school, if she gets more then she'll be off to the doctors :/ I've read of 8 year olds getting periods, she's almost 7, I hope she's not an early starter :( xx

oh kealz I forgot to add, yesterday OH scared me while he was driving and it brought on braxton hicks lol, I've had a few this morning too xx

Oh my goodness ukgirl, that seems so early for anything like that to be happening for Connie! My cousin is 10 and she has always been tall and well developed for her age, so I am convinced her periods will start soon, but luckily they have held off for a while, so hopefully with Connie this isn't the start os anything too much.

Kealz: I agree with readytomum. Maybe let your MIL take Paige for a while in the day until you are comfy with it and see how you progress? And as readytomum said, they obviously did a good job with your oh, so they have it in there somewhere!

Nimbec: love the phrase "scan and plan" lol! Glad that the contractions have stopped, and hope all goes well tomorrow.

Afm, a bit more scare mongering by my colleagues today, who are HORRIFIED I don't have my hospital bag packed. Cue stories of "I knew a girl who went into labour at 25/26/32 weeks"

Brill, thanks for those helpful anecdotes YET AGAIN!

doggylover I don't think you should tell them anything else about your pregnancy they seem to be unable to be quiet about stuff like that. Even if you did go into labour now your OH would just go grab everything you needed while you waited in hospital. Not that you would but it's not the end of the world! I don't usually do mine until the last month.... I sound like I've had a million babies when I say usually haha.. viability is 36-37 weeks I think so having your hospital bag ready before then really isn't needed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->