April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Plus if you did go into labour now they would be giving you drugs to stop it and be putting you on bed rest and all the rest of it, so you STILL wouldn't need a hospital bag. And like UK Girl says your OH would be getting sent for anything you needed, that's their job now, lifting and carrying around what we request. Like Pack Mules. :haha:

. Like Pack Mules. :haha:

:rofl: This is true!

I thought it was way too early, so I'm glad I'm not just in denial that i will need to do one! Thank heavens you lot are nice and sensible.

That said, the one woman who scare mongers the most did then come to my classroom (I had after school detention duty today) and say "you should have told me you were on detention duty and I would have done it for you. You need to be taking it easy" Which was sweet. But sitting at my desk marking is hardly strenuous....!

Haha pack mules!!! Yeh mine has been that since the word go!!

Omg some girl on another thread is talking about how she is going to have an orgasm birth or something I was like ewwww no thanks for me and now shes trying to argue with me about it! I would rather have the pain than rub one out during child birth!!! Bleurgh!!!

What the Hell???? Who in their right mind could even think about an orgasm in the middle of giving birth to their baby???

I'm with you Candy.... ummmm gross!!!

Haha pack mules!!! Yeh mine has been that since the word go!!

Omg some girl on another thread is talking about how she is going to have an orgasm birth or something I was like ewwww no thanks for me and now shes trying to argue with me about it! I would rather have the pain than rub one out during child birth!!! Bleurgh!!!

They were talking about orgasms during birth on te documentary "pregnant in America". I am with you in preferring the pain... Not sure why anyone would think that birth is the appropriate time for an orgasm :shrug:... Eww... Maybe that's just me :haha:

Question in regards to kick counting:

My LO has very distinct sleep and wake patterns. He is only up from about 8.30am till 6pm. After that, he rarely moves much. So I always have to do my kick counting while at work (usually after breakfast and after lunch). It takes him about 15 min to get the 10 kicks. When I do it at night (after dinner), it can take easy 30 min and that's only if I switch positions to make him move.
Is that normal?

Also on the note of weird things... I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt that a cockroach mom was having baby's on my kitchen counter... She would drop one every few seconds and they would run off... Pregnant me felt so sympathetic for the cockroach, that I was torn wether I should mover her outside (since all her baby's would grow up in my house :dohh:). Wtf is wrong with me :haha:. I wanted to let this cockroach continue to labor in my kitchen because I felt bad for her :sick::sick:

She said it was a technique to lessen pain and prevent needing an episiotomy.. I dont think I could do it or have the midwife or my oh do it to me in labour still.... I saw that documentry.. its just not for me. I cant even have sex with my kids in the house let alone coming out of me hahahaha.. x

Steph those kicks sound perfect... I think they say to see what is normal for your lo then notify them if the kicks become less frequent. I havent established a routine with Benson yet but he usually wakes up when Im going to bed and I will get ten kicks in about 5 minutes... I hope thats not a sign of a hyper baby lol xxx

Candy I would think your LO seems textbook! I'm sure you are so busy all day with the kinds that Benson is being rocked to sleep all day haha. I sit at my desk at work all day and only get up for bathroom breaks and to eat :haha:. So I guess that's why Grayson is awake during the day and then sleeps at night lol. Really hoping he keeps this schedule.
I was just worried that I hardly feel him at all at night (unless I'm pocking him ahaha)

Well when Aaron goes to work at 4:30 I cant feel anything at all its like he isnt there :/ but every now and then I get a single boot... last night I felt him practice breathing it was lovely xx

Wow that is truly something i have never heard about...Orgasms during birth...yeah crazy!

Emmaleigh moves all through out the day but gets really active in the evenings and during bed time.

I am having a hard time eating these last couple of days. Nothing tastes good and when i eat i feel like i am going to puke afterwards.

mommabrown I'm the opposite, I am hungry all the time! I can't stop eating, I let my kids play video games earlier so I could eat a whole pizza to myself! Yesterday for breakfast I had 2 ham and mustard sandwiches, doritos and salsa and half a galaxy bar :/ The only problem is... once I've eaten that much I find it very hard to breathe lol.. I literally sit there huffing and puffing for an hour >.<

lol i was that way until i got the stomach flu. I don't know if it is just my stomach on the mend or pregnancy...i was like this in the 1st trimester too. :(

I tell you what i have decided to go into hiding the rest of this pregnancy.. my cousins wife just told everyone she is due the 27th of April as well and she don't even look like she is 5 months along....wtf i am a beached whale compared to her!!!

Bwagahaha Candy I have the same problem! I'm hungry most of the time but there is just no room!!!! I can't breath to start with but once I add food.. Oh boy. Ahahah

Steph: I haven't bothered with kick counting so I'm not really sure what to tell you... :shrug: my Dr. advised that if I feel like LO is less active then normal for a little while to do some kick counting, but because babies are developing their sleep and awake schedules it might not be the same every day, and that as long as there is some motion that's a good sign!

I don't remember who brought up the orgasm birth... but no thank-you! :wacko: That just sounds way too weird for me. I'll be feeling awkward enough legs splayed open to the world, I don't need to be having an orgasm in front of everyone too! :dohh: I don't expect labour to pleasurable... I just hope it's quick! lol

mommabrown: I seem to go through spurts where I'm not very hungry, and then for a few days I'll be hungry all the time. I find when I eat a big meal though I don't feel very well. It's like there isn't enough space for it all!

doggylover: your co-workers seem like rather nasty people sometimes! I'm sure they mean well, but honestly, what's the point of hearing about other people's scare stories??! That's why I generally avoid the 3rd Tri board... too many "That Was It... Complicated and Painful" stories for my tastes! I'm not really sure why they think other people want to read about that either? :shrug: So bizzare.

AFM, I went to IKEA this morning with my sister and we had the IKEA breakfast. Yum! And I bought a carpet for the nursery. I actually bought four small carpets that will be placed together to make it look like one. It's a medium length shag, and we got a green square, a red square, a blue square, and a yellow square. They look so cute together!

I just finished attending a workshop session on financial planning for student's with families. They gave some helpful information and suggestions, so hopefully DH and I can put some of that into practice to try and save a little more each month as a 'cushion' fund in case something bad were to happen. They gave us pizza for free for lunch too, which was quite nice! But I think it's causing some indigestion. :nope:

! I would rather have the pain than rub one out during child birth!!! Bleurgh!!!

Oh my gosh I actually snorted out my drink reading that :rofl:

I've heard of orgasms during birth before. Don't get it at all, and don't want to either :haha: gross!

Steph: I think that Grayson's movements are totally normal. We are told it needs to be 10 movements in 2hrs, so getting that in 30mins is super. Plus, you know his patterns, so knowing what is normal for him is more important I think.

Lol at everyone's eating...I am currently sitting with a family sized pack of monster munch, and I'm not even ashamed!!

Readytomum: free pizza always gets my vote! Indigestion not so much :wacko: but it's great that you got some good tips for planning financially. I think even thinking about your financial planning makes you more aware of money and where it goes, which leads to good results!

30 +3 think this is the last belly shot im taking as i am getting to big

Attachments

• CYMERA_20130129_144723.jpg
    CYMERA_20130129_144723.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 7
I have a bunch of these silly shirts that have cute sayings on them. One says kicking 24/7 which is so true!! Thank you btw! I am so big....carrying much bigger with her than my Ds.

You don't look any bigger than me, that's for sure! Maybe Emmaleigh just likes a bit of space to kick about in?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->