April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

oh wow... Mommabrown... Mason moves all during the day & throughout the night also! He's a little wiggle worm!

As for food.... I'm still craving sweets like there is no tomorrow! I do force myself to eat reasonably throughout the day though, but after eating even a small amount (to me anyway) I can't breathe either. It's like I have swallowed a bowling ball & it's pushing on my lungs..... So miserable!

Maybesoon and Candy, I told Rob the other day that I was breathing like a fat girl (I'm out of breath just from talking too much :haha:) and he said: are you out of breath because you keep shoving food in your mouth :dohh:?

Lol I wish he could be pregnant for just a day or two, so he would know what it's like lmao.

I'm the same way Steph! I'm constantly out of breath & complaining & dh always has some smartass comment that only gets him into trouble!!! lol

Doggylover could you imagine trying to rub one out during labour though and your waters going hahahahahahaha whoooooosh!!! That would be a good squirt :p

I love your bump and your t shirt mommabrown!! I have some that say hands off the bump!!! Haha xx

Steph LOL at breathing like a fat girl!!! I get five mins up the road on the school run and I sound like a marathon runner!

Aaron was sad because the pizza I ate was what he had planned to have for dinner .. ooops :p He should have bagsied it earlier. He has some rice thing instead which I also almost ate but he wouldnt share... he is loosing weight these days xx

Doggylover could you imagine trying to rub one out during labour though and your waters going hahahahahahaha whoooooosh!!! That would be a good squirt :p

I love your bump and your t shirt!! I have some that say hands off the bump!!! Haha xx

Steph LOL at breathing like a fat girl!!! I get five mins up the road on the school run and I sound like a marathon runner!

Aaron was sad because the pizza I ate was what he had planned to have for dinner .. ooops :p He should have bagsied it earlier. He has some rice thing instead which I also almost ate but he wouldnt share... he is loosing weight these days xx
Hahaha well your feeding his son!!! So you should tell him that he is welcome :haha:

Rob is only home every other weekend and last time he left ice cream in the freezer... Well that did NOT last until his next trip home :blush:. I told him, that he must have finished it :haha:... He didn't remember so he believed me ahah

Where do you find shirts like that mommabrown?! That's adorable! I'd love to get something like that.

Steph :haha: at you telling Rob he finished the ice cream!! Nice move!

In our house if you don't literally have it in your mouth it's still fair game! Unfortunately, dh's hands don't move as fast as mine! Which is why he currently weighs over a stone less than me! (That and the baby I suppose!)

Readytomum I bought them at motherhood. They have a bunch of cute ones.

Oh brought home 2 pizzas tonight and i looked at him funny and ge said one for you and one for me! Bahahaha i died laughing made it through 2 slices tho!!!!

Thanks mommabrown! I'll have to keep my eyes open for them.

In other news, I'm 28 weeks today!! Hurraaaaaay! Third tri has begun--it's the home stretch!

Oh the breathing thing is terrible! I have been feeling it for ages as I am only 5' tall. It is worse now though and I always have to take these big deep breaths. At first my DH thought I was sighing and kept asking me what was wrong. Ummmm... I have a human living where half my lungs used to be?!

Readytomum yaaaaaaayyy congrats and welcome to the third trimester! Xxx

Kristabelle.. my oh has also commented on me sighing lol... especially when Im eating. xxx

I cant sleep... literally everyone is in the same bed tonight. Connie is wedged between me and Aaron because she had leg pain.. she has double jointed knees which means if she runs or plays too hard they over extend and cause her to get cramps. Then Lucas got in our bed about an hour ago because he isnt feeling well... so he is sprawled out across the bottom of the bed. Benzo (his new nickname) is awake and having a good wriggle too so Im just laying here wide awake lol... Oh the joys of motherhood!!!

Mommabrown, such a cute bump! <3

I feel the baby higher and higher closer to my chest, I have a short torso and now I'm scared that there will be no room for him soon, where will he go? In my lungs? :O

Just out of my midwife appointment. I had a student midwife along with my regular one, and the poor student was so nervous! But it was great because she had a really long feel round of everything :)

Good news is baby is head down, and thankfully, despite all my mothers forebodings, my fundal height measured small (like 26cm small!) and when the experienced midwife had a feel she said the baby is not big at all, a petite little one :mrgreen: I'm so happy that its jot a huge beast!

^ Nice to hear the appointment went good, and yay on little baby! What did your mom think before, that you'd have a 5year old?

Pretty much! She kept saying about how big my bump is and how we are going to have a beast baby, and of course she had me paranoid that it was going to come out "half reared" as they say in these parts!!! I know there is still a lot of time for LO to grow to epic proportions, but the fact that my midwife thinks baby is just perfectly sized/slightly smaller than expected, makes me so relieved. I was imaging a 10lber in there!

Got my whooping cough vaccine as well. Ouchies! My arm is so sore now!

Snap doggy lover, had mine done today aswel and arm is so sore now, also had bloods taken out of same arm booo! My fundus is measuring at 29cm which is fine, and baby is still head down and moving all over the place! Mw made me feel better today as I had an appointment yesterday with diabetic burse and she basically sai I'm harming my Unborn child because I've had highish blood sugar levels 3 times in the last 3weeks bearing in mind I'm new to this, they don't give me much information and I've only been doin it for 3weeks! Anything I've eaten that sent them up high I've not eaten since! And they say eat lots of fruit but certain fruit like lyches and bananas make my levels go up! I walked out in tears! It's not like I'm stuffing my face with chocolate and cakes, I'm really trying and she made me feel like a crap mum :(

kealz: I'm so sorry the diabetic nurse made you feel bad!! :hugs:

My DH is a diabetic, so I've had to learn about quite a few things that send up sugar levels. It's a tough world to navigate! I don't know if this will be helpful for you or not, but here's a list of things you should avoid if you can, which are much less obvious than cakes and goodies:

-bananas, grapes, raisens, white pasta/bread/rice, white potatoes, large amounts of carrots or other root vegetables, apple juice, high sugar cereals or granola bars etc,

It's impossible to list everything, but the reason why those things are on the no-no list will help you to decide other things that should be too. So banana's, grapes and raisens (as well as other fruits) are actually starches in the way their sugar breaks down. It breaks down very quickly which is why it spikes your leves, and why so many people recommened fruit as an afternoon snack to boost your energy naturally rather than eating goodies. Some fruits however are lower in sugar than others. Citrus fruits are generally pretty good like oranges, grapefrutis, clemintines etc. They are still high in sugar, but it's a good sugar when eaten in moderation. Berries are also a good option, although not in season right now. Frozen works too.

White pasta/bread/rice/potatoes/root vegetables/corn/carrots: These are also considered starches because of the way their sugar breaks down. White pasta/bread/rice has an incredibly high starch content but very little nutritious value. If you can, and don't already, try to eat more whole wheat products like brown bread, whole wheat or multigrain pasta, and brown rice. They won't spike your sugars as high, and your getting the added benefit of fiber. As far as root vegetables, again in moderation they're fine, but if you find yourself eating turnip or squash or potatoes every day, you might want to try and switch it up more often for a side of brown rice instead. They also don't count as vegetables.

High sugar cereals/granola bars etc.-this one catches a lot of people totally unaware! Even if you're eating what sounds like a super healthy cereal with lots of fiber and other grains, check what the sugar count is on the nutrition label. A lot of those cereals use honey to flavour them, which is certainly better than raw sugar, but it will still send up your levels. So check what the sugar content is and make sure you choose one that's on the lower end.

I hope you find that helpful... because it really is a tough thing to get the hang of, and no one should be down on you for trying! If you want any more suggestions you can PM if you'd like. All you can do is try your best, and I have no doubts that you are! :hugs:

Thank you so much readytomom! See no body ever gave me that information, just gave me a little machine and said check it an hour after every meal! I cut all sugary things out of my diet but u don't think about things like bread potatoes etc!!! I noticed cornflakes make my levels go high and I just tested a sec ago after the lychee and its 10.2 :o so I know not to touch them again! Its all a learning curve at the end of the day it's its horrible that she has made me feel like thy instead of supporting me:( but thank you so much for making me feel better an letting me know about those things :) u cheered me up xxx

Oh Kealz, sorry to hear about your appointment! How frustrating! Readytomum that is great information for all of us... I will def modify my diet a bit as well (not because of blood sugar, but just to eat less sugar and be healthier).

Doggylover, yay for a good appointment. So if your measuring at 26cm, are they concerned that you are measuring to small? I always heard that 2 weeks off is normal, but if it is more then that, they do a growth scan?:shrug:. Maybe I'm just jealous of you petit baby :haha:

Candy, hope you were able to get some sleep. I'm not sure how you managed with 4 people in one bed lol. I have a hard enough time with just me and the dog ahahah... Throw in Rob, and I'm a mess :haha:

Kealz I am pretty appalled that you have been given no info on how to manage your GD. Really, in that case, it's your MIDWIFE who is "harming" your unborn child (bearing in mind that LO is gonna be just fine in there, and your midwife is a twat for suggesting you are "harming" them :growlmad:) as she has given you 0 information. I'm so sorry that she made you feel like that. If I were you, at your next appointment I would say to her "You have given me no information on this, which is why my levels keep spiking, as you haven't provided me with the antenatal care I need to manage my condition. Bitch" (Maybe not the bitch bit! ;) )

Readytomum: that is generally great nutritional advice you have given, not just for diabetes sufferers, but really interesting to read about the fruits which spike your blood sugar level. I did know about grapes as a colleague's husband is diabetic, and she always moans she can never buy grapes because he eats them even though he shouldn't lol!

Steph: Nope, they didn't seem concerned at ALL about my measurement. I'm not 100% convinced it was correct tbh, as it was the student midwife who did it, and she had a lot of trouble finding the top of my uterus, and seemed to go quite low down imo, as I've definitely felt movements as high or higher than that before. The experienced midwife didn't repeat it, so she obviously wasn't worried about it. I've heard that fundal height is pretty inaccurate anyway? Plus I think I may have a scan at my 34 week hospital appointment as a routine thing, so we will maybe see then.
It can't be right though, as at my 21/22 week scan the measurements of baby were on track and that was 12 weeks ago! I have definitely grown a LOT since then, so it can't possibly be right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->