April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Thank you for the bp info nimbec xx

kristabelle I didnt know the vernix was so good for them so that is interesting to know :)

Doggylover its the second number you need to watch. mine was up to 89ish last time which is borderline high last night when I checked at home it was at 107 resting which is bad lol.

I almost fainted countless times this morning I had to iron a t shirt then sit down for a few minuts before the trousers haha. I managed to get a sympathy appointment atthe doctors so hopefully they can give me peace of mind.

Im sorry if I havent replied to everyone Im on my phone and a bit busy. Will check in properly later. Have a great day xxxx

Hello again ladies.. well I just saw the gp. I thankfully do not have pre eclampsia BUT I do have a very nasty urine infection which I had no symptoms for but it was probably what was causing me to feel poorly and giving me more braxton hicks... crazy!! I get regular cystitis in the winter but Ive never had one like this :/ weird xx

Oh candy glad to hear no pre-e, but not great about the UTI. Are you on antibiotics to clear it up?

Doggy lover don't panic that is a perfectally healthy bp!! As I said it was rough guide only!! To give u an idea I suffer low bp and it goes to 57/37 eeek believe me you are fainting by that point lol so please dont panic !!

Ukgirl phew about pe not so good about UTI :( hopefully they give u some antibiotics and you'll feel like a new woman in a few days :)

I have terrible stomach pains today I think I am severely constipated :( tried lactlose previously and it just makes me throw up...any suggestions of what to take? I darnt call the midwifes again!!! Lol

There must be some other preggy safe laxatives ..

Nimbec, I've only heard of lactulose, sorry!

That is a scarily low BP you have at times!! I am prone to fainting, and always thought pregnancy would be awful because I'd be down all the time - but not once! I'm very pleased!

Yay Doggylover all the extra blood flow is probably keeping it high enough to stop you hitting the deck :)

I know, my low bp is connected to my pacemaker Dodgey heart issue at least now when it drops my heart keeps going !!!! :)

Thanks ladies xx I have antibiotics :) nimbec fybogel makes you go.. it tastes rank though also probiotic drinks are great xxx

hey girls the last and final stage of our pregnancy...sorry I havent been keeping up I have been under alot of stress lately....I can tell u Aiden is kicking up at storm well mainly rolling and stretching...i love it though...

I have a question girls...I am 28 weeks pregnant and still have marginal previa...I was diagnosed at 19 weeks and it was still marginal previa at 27 weeks. I had a little spotting the weekend before last and called my doc...I spent the weekend on bedrest and it was lifted to just pelvic rest. I did not have any spotting all last week then had some more this past Saturday and again yesterday. Its not allot of blood. On Saturday it was the most it looked as if I was about to start my period it covered the piece of toliet paper but it was red and slimmy. Then agian yesterday with the clear fluid with bright red streaks in it. I feel funny calling my doc everytime I see blood...should I call him or just wait until I go back in on the 11th of this month.

Also I have been having so much pain in my vaigina area...to be blunt it feels like I have been haveing sex for two months straight or someone has kicked my in my vagina. it hurts hurts to open my legs, to roll over, to stand up, to be standing and squat...to walk up stairs. Let me just say it hurts like crap. This is my second pregnancy and I did not get any of this pain with my first

nimbec: I know what you mean about OH and "man hands" :haha: Whenever DH tries to feel Peter kicking I think he pushes too hard and makes LO annoyed. lol He also tries to put his whole hand down so he's basically covering half my belly with it trying to make sure he doesn't miss anything.

It's not as bad as when my soon to be SIL tried to feel for a kick though. She had never touched my belly before and finally asked if she could, so I said yes. I was sitting on a wooden chair on a hard-wood floor. She was pushing so hard that she actually started making me slide across the floor on my chair. :rofl: I was killing myself laughing and asked her if she was trying to feel for kicks or trying to push the kid out?! lol

ukgirl: sorry to hear about the UTI! But glad to hear that it's just the UTI if you know what I mean. Hopefully the anti-biotics will clear everything up quickly for you!! :hugs:

AFM, I'm really not sure where I stand on the baby bathing thing... I think I'd probably want LO to be cleaned up shortly after arrival, but I think I'd want a few minutes first directly after birth. I've never really given it much thought to be honest! I haven't started writing out my birthing plan yet.

I'm off to the mall this afternoon to try and find a nice top/sweater for my baby shower this weekend! I hate clothing shopping at the best of times... having to preggo clothing shopping sucks!! I think I finally need to buy a new bra too. I'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy ones, but they're starting to get a little tight around the rib cage and the bump is getting high enough that the underwire is starting to dig in a little. Sadly I don't think I've actually changed cup size at all though. :nope:

Hope everyone has a good day!

Nimbec I don't know what its called there but Metamucil, the psyllium fiber laxative is allowed. That is what I was taking quite often in first tri when all I could eat was bread :haha: Also prunes are very good and natural. Hope you're feeling better soon! You too UK Girl!

ngods hands I would call about the bleeding. I was told by my mw to call any time for any bleeding at all and that they always want to know about it. So I would call. Hope it is not serious, and hope your vajayjay pain calms down, how awful :(

Ready to Mum I also get unexcited about preggo clothes shopping even though I love shopping. Especially the bra shopping. I have had nothing but problems finding bras to wear as my back has barely grown but my cup size is now triple what it was, and apparently that is not "average" and so therefore nobody makes maternity/nursing bras like that. I have been wearing Victorias Secret front close racerback types and just sizing up every few months, but after the few I just bought a month or so ago there are no sizes left for me as I have maxxed them out. I did find one single "real" nursing bra that fits which was exciting, so eventually I will get a few more of those. Trying to wait now until right before delivery to guess how big they will be :shrug: The real nursing one I got is really stretchy and has tons of extra hooks in the back, so I think that one will be good for the "engorgement" phase. Its an Elle MacPherson Momamia if anyone else is looking for something for post birth. It has no wire either. And me being the stingy bargain hunter, I got it for $20 on sale of course :haha:

n_gods_hands I would call them and do not worry about calling them everytime you see blood, they are there to make sure all is okay and with Placenta Previa it is especially important to check any new bleeding. You are not being a pain at all you need to get checked hun xx I hope it all goes well for you and proves to be nothing serious :hugs:

LOL Readytomum the story about your SIL is funny! bless her. My little boy pushes hard I have to tell him over and over to be gentle, MY daughter and Aaron press very lightly though they are scared in case I break I think lol.
It's normal that your breasts haven't changed much. I don't think mine did with Connie until after she was born, I think I wore my pre pregnancy bras until birth. I only have to change bras with my second and third pregnancies so dont worry I'm sure its normal xx
My maternity bras have started to dig in too it's really uncomfortable.

You have no idea how grateful I am to not have pre eclampsia. My BP was keytones were all normal so no PE for meeee :D I'm still miffed about the whole UTI thing, I had no pain at all and it was in the darkest part of the scale so 150++ :/ I had had some pressure and more tightnings but thats normal in pregnancy. So strange lol.
I've also been to the solicitor today, I had to write a statement for court about why I do not want contact out side of the contact center, it was rather emotional going back over the violence and abuse and the effects it had on my daughter but I am hoping that it will be enough to convince the judge to keep contact at the center rather than unsupervised. Apparently I have a good shot so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I will have to go to court on the 27th of March, so I'll be 37 weeks pregnant then. Luckily it's just a directions hearing so hopefully not too long.

Hope everyone is having a good day xx

I'm back from my growth scan! My LO has grown big and so cute! I was there with my sis and she had lots of fun looking at my belly jumping, and baby on the screen making funny faces. He was opening and closing his mouth like a fish and then started sticking his tongue out at us! Even the doc had a good laugh!
Baby is head down (yay!), he is 1412 grams, perfect amniotic fluid level, and my placenta was graded with a maturity of 1-2, I think it is normal for 30 weeks? Idk I have to ask my doc next week.

Plus my cloth nappies and accessories finally arrived!

yay lily congrats on the scan it all sounds wonderful xxxx

Yay lily congratulations on scan sounds fab!!!

Ngodshands I'd def call!! Always worth checking ...I work on the basis that I would never forgive my self if I didn't and something awful happened - but then some would argue that's a negative way to look at life! Please let us know how you are getting on!

Ukgirl well done for writing that for the court!! I can't imagine how hard it must have been re living it (((hugs))) fx now they listen!!!!

Ukgirl that's great that you wrote out all the info for the courts, when it must have been horrible doing it. But if it helps them it's definitely worth it.

Lily, wonderful news about your scan! Sounds like you have a cheeky monkey in there, and its so nice that your sister got to go along as well. Never knew placentas got a grade....will have to google that one!

In relation to bras, I have gone from a 34B to a 38C, so mostly rib cage expansion, the boys themselves haven't done much. I am worried (stupidly I know!) that that means ill have no milk!

Ngodshands, I echo the others, phone your midwife and get checked out. Better safe than sorry :hugs:

Thank you doggylover and do NOT worry booby size has nothing to do with milk supply. my boobs were the same size through pregnancy then the morning after having Connie I had huge boobies and loads of milk xx

Thanks :) I'm so worried about being able to bf, and am convinced that the minimal growth and lack of leakage I've had are all bad signs. I know (because experienced ladies like you are able to reassure me!) that that's not the case, but I still worry!

The only reason mine leak is because Ive had two babies already I didnt have any colostrum with Con until after I had her. I squeeze it out on purpose sometimes too to freak Aaron out haha I rarely get any in my bra ect. You will be fine its normal to worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->