April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

thanks doggylover I will let you all know, I have a lot of stress so it could just be a high BP because of that, OH is running me a nice bath though so yay!

nimbec what a prick!! He needs his priorities put into check xx :hugs:

Steph it was me saying about Aaron who was freaking out over feeling Benson's leg hahahahahaha I love creeping him out with it. Grayson is so cute ckicking his daddy's hand. As soon as someone touches my bump Benson stops lol.

Maybesoon - Really some people dont think before they open their mouths!! I dont know why everyone has to comment on the size of our bumps all the time... what is that about?? You wouldn't walk up to a girl and say, wow you have big tits you should get a reduction! lol Silly people!! Ignore them, I know it's hard, someone commented on mine this morning it does freak me out when people say oh your so small or your so big! xx

bahahaha kirstabelle that is an excellent suggestion!!! I'm going to have to remember that one!!! I wish I would have thought about it this am when the client was here!!!

I guess since this is my hubby's 3rd kiddo the whole alien looking creature in my tummy doesn't freak him out at all. I'm the one it freaks out! lol He loves watching Mason move, kick & tumble. In fact, when he sees Mason kicking me he usually makes a comment like "Get her Mason... Kick her while you can".... He's so goofy.... I told him the other day (when he made a goofy comment about Mason getting me) that each & every time Mason kicks or jabs me from here on out I was going to grab his crotch & squeeze as hard as I could & I bet he wouldn't think it was so funny to encourage Mason!!! hehehe

Kristabelle, don't feel bad, Grayson usually only kicks at his leisure as well lol. This was the first time I noticed a pattern to where he kicked! If was very odd!
Maybesoon I think maybe your onto something with first time dads vs veterans lol. Your OH has been there and done that (which is great because you don't have to worry about his reaction to the actually birth)... Candy and Doggylover, looks like we get the surprise package (and all the other first time dads of course lol). Seems like most other OH are responding more textbook (excited, amazed) while ours are making faces like we are part of some Halloween show :haha:
I can only imagine what Rob will do during delivery :dohh::haha:
He already stated: can we tell the doctor to make sure Grayson gets a bath before she hands him over? I don't want to see him all covered in junk :dohh:.
Mind you, rob is 44... And acting like a 13 year old :haha:.

Doggylover, what a sweet thing for OH to say! But you should remind him, that your are taking excellent care of this precious bundle and that he should worry about taking care of you for now :winkwink:

Rob told me yesterday: give me my baby already! Lol stupid :wacko: . Not as charming as your OHs word choice lol

Haha the sentiment was the same steph! I told dh if he is worried he just needs to ask me what's happening with baby. Because he always acts like the baby moving is kind of disgusting, I stopped mentioning it to him in the evenings when LO is free styling, now I feel bad like I've been depriving him of the knowledge that LO is ok!!

So funny about him asking for Grayson to be bathed! Although I saw a thread in third tri the other day from a woman saying was it ok for her to put in her birth plan that baby news to be cleaned before she sees him/her. I'm pretty sure they'll all feel differently on the day!

Haha the sentiment was the same steph! I told dh if he is worried he just needs to ask me what's happening with baby. Because he always acts like the baby moving is kind of disgusting, I stopped mentioning it to him in the evenings when LO is free styling, now I feel bad like I've been depriving him of the knowledge that LO is ok!!

So funny about him asking for Grayson to be bathed! Although I saw a thread in third tri the other day from a woman saying was it ok for her to put in her birth plan that baby news to be cleaned before she sees him/her. I'm pretty sure they'll all feel differently on the day!

Lol yes I saw that thread!! I mean, don't get me wrong, I won't be tempted to lick baby's face before he is cleaned up, but I wouldn't mind a glance or two at his lovely face (no matter how "junky" lol)

BAHAHAHA Steph!!! If you go licking to licking your baby's face I want pics!!!! hehehe

When my bff had her last kiddo back in July of last year, Chandler (baby girl) was left in the room with us after being born for 3 hours before they took her & cleaned her up. In fact, they brought the sugar water & everything into the room for us to give to her, we all took pics, passed her around & then finally a little over 3 hours later they took her from the room to give her a bath & get her all cleaned up. But that is at the hospital across town & I'm using the one close to our house so I don't know how much they do things alike. I spoke to them about a tour today & they want to schedule it for the same day as one of my appointments so I can go over right after seeing my doctor. So since I have an appointment tomorrow I told her I would call her afterwards & schedule it for the same day as my next appointment.

I am thankful in a way that dh is experienced in the labor & delivery and all most of the time. Lately it's been nice because he has finally learned to not compare me with his 24 year old ex-wife & how she was with their 7 & 5 year old when she was pregnant... Every since the doc lectured me about "not" being superwoman & to slow down & stop trying to do everything he has been great. He now doesn't want me doing anything but resting & "growing his little man".. Even if I start to get up in the evening to get something to drink he will jump up & say something like "oh no, you need to rest, you are doing all he work growing our son". It's actually been kinda nice.

I joke with dh all the time about how he will be the calm & collected one during labor & I'll be the crazy woman you hear about screaming "get him out, get him out, OH NO put him back, put him back"!!! lol

hehe when my 2 come out I didnt care about the goo I was thankful they were out! no more pain! lol.. I think the first thing I did was bend down and scoop Lucas up from beside me and say hello little man. I was a bit more drugged up with Connie, she got given to me upside-down, the cord was 3 times round her neck so the first I saw of her was her bum and I said something like.. omg she's so beautiful, to which the midwife replied, you haven't seen her face yet! lol I got covered in blood and goo but I didn't care I just wanted to see my baby who I had waited so long to meet. I have to say I didn't kiss or lick them until after they had been washed though haha ewwww.. that waxy cheesy stuff doesn't look very appetizing!

I just had a bath and Benson loved it he was rolling around in there my whole tummy was doing the wavy belly thing. I love it. I had some milk leakage in the bath too which made Aaron a bit queasy. I told him to get used to it because that was nothing yet! lol

His friend's wife from work is having a baby in about 3 weeks time, and his friend was bragging at work about how when the baby is born he will be on paternity leave but he wont be helping out at all because his mum is coming to do it all and he's just going to go down town and get pissed almost every night. He wont even sleep in the same room as them after because he doesn't want to get woken up... what a knob end! I told Aaron straight that wont be going down in our house lol.

oooh I forgot to say that with Connie and Lucas they didn't bath them until 1-2 days later. I kept nagging them to do it because you have to be supervised by a nurse the first time you bathe your baby in Norway and they kept telling me to wait. I don't know what that was all about maybe there was a reason for it.. weirdos lol x

Oh my gosh candy that guy Aaron works with is a dick!!! And lol at you seeing connies bum first!!

So I just put away our baby shower stuff, and now I feel like we have loads of clothes and how ill baby ever wear them all lol!

she got given to me upside-down, the cord was 3 times round her neck so the first I saw of her was her bum and I said something like.. omg she's so beautiful, to which the midwife replied, you haven't seen her face yet! lol

:rofl: That is classic!!! I feel like that could totally happen to me... no matter what they hand me, I'll find it beautiful :haha:

I can't believe Aarons work friend :growlmad:!!! I really hope to locks him out when he decides to go out!!! Jackass!!!!

Oh HELL NO if Shane would be sleeping in another room because he didn't want to be woken up after Mason & I come home!! He helped create Mason, I have worked all this time growing him, by golly he can get off his duff in the middle of the night & change/comfort him!!!

I am fortunate enough that Shane LOVES babies & kids & doesn't mind caring for them day or night at all.... Sometime he enjoys it a little too much!!! lol

Candy I find it funny that leakage & lo moving freak your Aaron out because Shane is the one that keeps bringing up the leakage to me. In fact just Saturday when we were shopping we walked by a lady with a baby crying & he states to me "just wait until you hear a baby cry & your breast start pouring & it doesn't matter how many breast pads you put on, your shirt is going to be soaked".... I'm like "eeewwwww GROSS!!!"

Oh HELL NO if Shane would be sleeping in another room because he didn't want to be woken up after Mason & I come home!! He helped create Mason, I have worked all this time growing him, by golly he can get off his duff in the middle of the night & change/comfort him!!!

I am fortunate enough that Shane LOVES babies & kids & doesn't mind caring for them day or night at all.... Sometime he enjoys it a little too much!!! lol

Candy I find it funny that leakage & lo moving freak your Aaron out because Shane is the one that keeps bringing up the leakage to me. In fact just Saturday when we were shopping we walked by a lady with a baby crying & he states to me "just wait until you hear a baby cry & your breast start pouring & it doesn't matter how many breast pads you put on, your shirt is going to be soaked".... I'm like "eeewwwww GROSS!!!"

bwahahahaha Yes, that is gross!! I am with you!!!

UK Girl, the midwives told me baby having a bath at the hospital is optional. They told me that newer studies show it can be better for a newborn not to have a bath early on because the cheesy vernix is really good for their skin. Having said that they do wipe the baby off after birth and tell you that you can rub off/rub in the vernix into their skin etc so that the poor kid is not totally covered in goop. But yeah, they said it is optional if you want them to have a bath :shrug: I will just decide at the time. That seems to be my plan for quite a few things!

I have already told my DH it is okay if he needs to sleep in the other room sometimes. He has quite a stressful job and works quite long hours and has to go in early etc. We are co-sleeping with the baby on my side of the bed in the beginning. I know he will be very involved with the baby in general and he definitely won't be going to sleep in the other room because he is going out and getting wasted. But when he has big meetings and things where he has to do presentations etc, I am fine with him going and getting a proper sleep. Not that it will be too amazing of a sleep anyway as it would just be on the aerobed in the nursery, but at least it would be uninterrupted. I know he will be really involved on the weekends and when he comes home though. He gets a bit sad that he won't see her very much in the week as it is and we are hoping he will be able to come home and work from home fairly regularly as well. In the meantime I preparing myself for not having any kind of normal sleep for about ten years :haha:

And what I meant by the bath thing is that maybe the Norwegian nurses think the same way. Ugh I am terrible at thinking and talking and writing now! But that is what I meant to say.

Kirstabelle I don't think they give any babies baths at my hospital. They didn't with my nephew. They cleaned him off of course, and he was lovely and shiny clean for visitors, but first bath was at home.

I also told dh he can sleep in the other room if needed. Unlike some of you US ladies who have to go back to work :)() and therefore oh should be equally involved, I will be off and dh working so if he needs some more sleep so he can function at work that's ok with me - I can get my mum round during the day and get my sleep then :haha: but that said, this will be the exception rather than the rule - I'm thinking maximum once a fortnight!

Good morning babes!

I'm pretty sure they give daily baths in the hospital to babies here. In my hospital mommies are responsible for the baths after day 1 and after they show you how to. The stay for natural birth is 3 days, 4-5 if you have c section. So baby gets at leats 3 baths during the hospital stay. I have no objection to baths.

This afternoon I have my growth scan - at last! I can't wait to see my baby, and know how large he is. I think he is big my belly looks enormous right now, he is sleeping for long periods of time lately, and when he is awake he is kicking the hell out of me. I think he is growing really fast!

Nursery will be ready in a couple of days!!! Right now my living room is a chaos with baby stuff everywhere, as I wait for nursery paint to dry well.

Blimey ladies you where busy nattering last night - ill do my best to remember with my preggy brain!!

Ukgirl good luck today!! Let us know how U get on!

Thanks everyone for the support my client has always been A NOB! He called back I expected an apology but nope it was coul I go the week after Hahahaha erm no no no! I ended up saying e would be best finding another trainer - went down like a led balloon!!

A normal bp is about 120/80 a high bp can be anything over 145/100 the bottom number is the important one when its high. So a typical high reading would be 170/105 (not good) and a low bp is anything with top number under 100 and bottom number under 60. Hope tho helps a bit (nurse speaking lol) obviously I've only given very rough guidelines and there are many variants to this! Oooh and pulse needs to be under 100bpm

My partner has a very demanding job so we have decided I will sleep in nursery with bubs over night until he settles an sleeps do longer periods - I don't mind as he needs to be fully awake in the day plus he will b super involved evenings & weekends! He also works from home so will help a bit inbetween working I he can. I'm also lucky that his mum lives very close and we get on very well. She is keen to help in any way she can! Plus my mum is coming go the first week - all hands on deck lol

Everyone needs to ignore stupid comments about size weight - no one person is the same and jeez we have to put on to support baby grrr these idiot annoy me!!

Great news on everyone's goodies from showers and nearly complete nurserys

My oh likes watching my stomach but doesn't often put his hands on - then when he does he's a hit rough lol lol I'm like be gentle then baby kicks to say the same thing lol! Don't take that the wrong way he's not too rough just man handed if u know what I mean!

I'm resting today :)

Morning ladies! Wow lots to cath up on lol!
Lol at squimish oh's! Luckily Stephen isn't like that, but when we were having Paige, all his work mates said dont look down there while she is pushing it will change our mind about goin back down there! I was like omg what *******s, by I understood why he didn't want to look! But to be honest when I was actually pushing the mw said oh look I see the head, and he actually looked, and for the rest of the labour he was down there with her watching it! He loves that he watched his daughter come into this work and no doubt will this time!
As for the goop lol, I wanted her straight on my chest after birth, I didn't care, they wrapped a blanket and towel over her so I did wipe a little bit away but I didn't care I was just so happy to have her in my arms even Stephen was kissing her, in the uk they don't bath in hospitals and recommend not bathing till cord comes off and just using top and tail washes! I cannot wait to meet my little man! It's becoming more real that he is going to be here soon!
Nimbec what an a hole that man was! I would have told him to shove it! Grrrr! Omg you obviously have more patience than I do because I would have called him back with a blak cloud over my head lol!!!! Hope everyone is ok sorry I know I've prob missed loads cxx

flipping heck I checked my maternity notes and my BP is always 100/60

My heart obviously is a bit of a dodgy pumper!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->