April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Readytomum, sorry to hear bra shopping was a bust (excuse the pun!) I am having trouble too, finding the right back size for my cup size. Nback extenders are a good idea - I hadn't thought of those, and hopefully they will help you out. Yay for changing table! Your nursery is really coming together!

Sweetpea, I can't believe you have had to do so many shots, your poor bum! But I'm so glad it's working, and that you know LO will be cuddled in there for a while yet. Scary to think that when you stop them you are basically on the countdown, but hopefully, as you said, she'll be a nice chunky monkey at your scan and ready in case she makes an abrupt entrance to the word!

Lily, I can't believe your boobs grew that much :shock:

Afm, I ordered our wall decal last night, so I'm excited that hopefully this time in two weeks our nursery will be all done! But I kind of feel like once it is that baby should BE here. I don't want to have it all ready and still be waiting round for them! We've held off a really long time to do it, and can't wait any longer, but for us it's the last thing we need to do before their arrival.

mommabrown If you're not happy with your lawyer hun I would switch for a better one. I hated my last solicitor she was going against good advice from CPS and making me look terrible in court, she was an utter dickface. I've got amazing reps now they are brill. I really hope you get your dates soon, it really sucks being in limbo over courts. It sounds like your lawyers is just running you through the process to make money xx
Your mud pie thing sounds amazing!! My kids would love that, they are all about the gross out stuff, we have a cartoon here called flea bag monkey face and they love it. I have to leave the room when it's on because it makes me feel ill. I'm going to the shops today so I might pick up some stuff to make your cake thing :) xx

sweetpea! I'm so glad your cervix is holding steady! xx

Lily don't you just love leakage? :p mine has bits of white in it already I'm worried I'm not going to have much colostrum, just lots of milk.

Doggylover which decal have you gone for? I can't wait to see your finished nursery! Me and Aaron were so jealous of Steph's as we have to share the room with our lo until we can move and we can't paint, I'm so glad you ladies told us about the decals I feel like I've put a bit of me into the room now without having to repaint when we leave <3

Readytomum That sucks about your top. I'm wondering if using one of my belly bands will work as a bra for the last weeks hahaha. I'm hoping Aaron wont mind taking me to get fitted again today I'm so uncomfortable with these ones I have..

I tried to put on a pre pregnancy bra today and it looked tiny before I even got it up to me. there was a good 6 inches gap at the back fasteners!!!! OMG I must be a fucking whale!!! I've grown out so much!! :/ I feel huge now so I'm off to eat crunchy nut and watch jezza because nothing makes me feel better than seeing weirder people than me out there :p

I'm meant to be cleaning but no one is here hehehehehe shhhh :p xx Have a nice day xx

Doggylover: I have the stretchmarks to prove the "boob job" I had :( Big difference, and none of my old bras fit, thankfully I got many new bras from my mom (a DD) I got the ones that were too small for her.

I'm lucky DH is not a boob person, my boobs look really weird, big, "motherly", dark nips, IDK what I'm going to do if we go on a beach vacation, probably wear one of those tankinis that support everything really well.

Candy, one boob leaks clear liquid, and the other milky, crazy. They don't leak too much, I didn't notice any stains yet!

Enough of boobs hehe, I'm waiting for my stroller to arrive from Italy, and my car seat to arrive from just a few miles away. We are talking about a small distance of like 10 miles between 2 Mothercare stores, and it has been 1 week to get the car seat from the one to the other so I can pick it up... :p Now I'm patiently waiting by my phone to hear news from the car seat...
I got the Chicco Eletta in grey
https://assets4.pinimg.com/upload/150659550006558193_O13hCiCb_c.jpg

Well after all this talk about leaking boobs I sat there wondering why mine don't leak! So I have tem a squeeze! Yep, they both leak clear stuff! Lol! As for growing they grew in first tri but they have pretty much settled now for a bit!
My lil man is really goin for it in the movement department, it actually hurts at times lol!!
So I've washed all of little mans clothes, just need to do the bedding for the Moses basket, we have yet to buy a mattress yet for either Moses basket or cotbed, but Stephen gets a bonus end of march so after baby shower anything we don't get we will go buy inc Paige's new bed as she's still in the cotbed, although she doesn't actually sleep in it lol but hopefully she will soon! Got an avent bottle starter set yesterday in morrisons, comes with 2x250ml bottles 2x125ml bottles, a bottle brush and newborn dummy! Was £25 reduced to £10! I do love a bargain lol!oooh and my mum finally got the second seat for my Icandy!!!! So happy now! Also got a supercute sleep suit of superman, but its Clark Kent turning into superman, its a suit with tie (printed on) and the tie is undoing aswel as 3buttons and you can see the superman suit underneath! Its exciting for my oh lol, he is such a big kid, he loves marvel and dc comics lol he was dying to have a little boy to share his passion with lol! It's getting so close now till our little ones are here, its been so quick up till now, I feel like the next stretch is gonna drag! :( on other exciting news, twilight breaking dawn 2 comes out on DVD beginning of march! Excited, I'm a huge fan but never got round to getting to see it!!! Eeeek!
How's everyone feeling anyway?
Sweet pea so glad your cervix is holding out so far! Fingers crossed it hold for longer!!!
Ukgirl so glad it's not pre e but still booo to the uti!
I'm sorry I've prob missed loads but in on my phone xx

I cannot wait to see pics of everyone's finished nurseries/baby areas! Everything posted so far is georgous!

Going into work early this morning as I'm leaving early for my regular OB appt - not looking forward to being the first one at the office hehe! Although got some good news this morning - tax return is to be deposited in my bank account Friday so I can finish shopping this weekend for all the random bits I wanted to get before bubs arrives. Unfortunately new nursing bras are on the list which I am totally NOT looking forward to.

Doggy it is quite daunting being on the countdown after stopping the shot but you know I'll be going crazy if she isnt here 7-10 days after hehe!

:hugs: to all with boob/bra issues right now, which seems the majority. I notice leaking after a bath mostly at the mo.

Lily that carseat is very sharp looking - I am a sucker for grey things and it looks so nice :)

Uk did you make the dessert? Hehe!

Kealz good bargain on the bottles! We used avent stuff and I love them.

Ready yay for squash!

Kirsta if you can fit those pants you obviously have nothing to worry about and that person was obviously blind! I'm sure bump is perfect - now that we are towards the end everyone feels the need to give an opinion - why they think it is acceptable is beyond me!

Sweetpea: excellent news about the tax return! It'll be a good weekend full of baby shopping then! I'm jealous!

Kealz: Noooo! Why would you squeeze them!? :haha: Good work on all the washing. I still have to do our moses basket stuff as well...along with everything else! And that little sleepsuit sounds so cute! Geeky, but super cute!!!!

Lily: hoping that your stuff arrives soon - then you can play with your stroller in the house (like I do!)

UKgirl: I saw the decal you put on the wall for Benson - it's so sweet. I think his part of your room looks great, and is beautifully decorated. This is the link to our decal, but we got it in a taller size, as it's to cover one whole wall of the nursery.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/929050...l&ga_facet=giraffe+monkey+elephant+wall+decal

Also, saw you mentioned flea bag monkey face - I don't know if you guys have Funky Monkeys over there (like a soft play thing for LOs). Well, I was calling my nephew monkey face as he loves going there. Then my brother informed me what 'monkey face' means (type it in on urban dictionary!) and since then anything with monkey face in it is horrendous! :haha: And FLEA BAG monkey face is 10 times worse!!!

sweetpea no my OH reminded me that we have a huge ice cream cake in the freezer still so we should do tht first. I do plan to make it still though possibly to next week after school one night.

Doggylover, I love your decal!! It is going to look amazaballs! what does it say about flea bag monkey face on urban dictionary?? haha

lily lovely car seat xx

I went to put the deposit down on my pram today but the shop was shut :( boo! xx

Oh sweetpea, I'm almost jealous, that you'll have somewhat if a countdown! I would rather have that, then the unknown :haha:. My sister (who is very organized and structured) already told me, to let her know when the baby will be here. She lives in Seattle (5hours by plane) and wants to make it for the birth... I tried to explain, that there is no better estimate then the due date and that it's a waiting game, but she was having none of that :dohh::haha:

Lily yay for the carseat and stroller (hopefully soon) and UGH on the boob issue!! Mine grew during the first trimester (D to DDD) and don't look attractive at all :nope:. I have come to the conclusion, that I will need a boobjob after being done with kids :dohh:

Candy, I'm sure the kids will love any kind of sweet treat lol. I know I would!

I love all the wall decals!! If I have an open wall, I may want to get one as well. The funny thing is, Grayson will be sleeping in a pack and play next to me for the first few months anyway... So the nursery is just for how for now :blush:.

Kealz, I actually really liked Breaking Dawn!! Was very disappointed with the first movies, but that one was great!!!! Enjoy it :thumbup:

Not sure who mentioned it, but LO has a serious obsession with shoving his feet in my ribs :wacko:. No bueno!!!! Lol I told him this morning, that once he is out, that I will do it to him :haha:

Question: I am still getting this crazy pain at the top of my bump! It feels like burning or tearing sensation. Right under my sternum in the middle. It's usually fine in the morning, and once I get to lunch time, it gets progressively worse. If I lay down for 30 min or so, it will stop hurting for a bit :shrug:. I'm at a loss as to what it could be! Checked my ab muscles (to see if they were tearing) but they are at the normal 1-2 finger width. Is there a ligament that holds that part of the belly? I don't have any other stretching pains

thank u ladies...i talked to my doc...he said the bleeding was because of the previa and if I start bleeding more than just spotting not to even call him to go straight to the hospital....he is going to check how everything is going again on monday morning when I go back in. I am just a little fearful that because I am spotting already and its only 28 weeks that the more heavy bleeding is yet to come. I still have 11 weeks and 4 days left.

Hi all!!

Gosh lots to remember!! Seems rather wrong that the first thing that sorings to mind is dirt cake !! Yum yum!! I have just devoured a bag of cadburys crunchie rocks oopps!

I have a major bra problem too - nothing fits gone from a 32 C to a 36FF :( an sagged a bit too - gutted!!! I did get a good nursing bra from bravissimo tho (had to rob a bank) fits well and comfy!

Lily I love the car seat very smart!!

Doggylover that decal is lovely!! Such lovely nurseries ladies!! Ill post a piccy of mine later (just need to tidy first lol)

sweet pea great news about cervix being ok!! And te tax return - I had one too £60 back to me :) however it should have been £600 but my ****** ex had been fiddling my tax for years...could take him to court but can't face the stress. Can't believe it has only jut been flagged up 3yrs later!!

Kealz are you turning it icandy into a double? Is it easy to do?

Ukgirl boo to shop being closed :(

Mommabrown sorry about your crappy solicitors :( if possible I'd definately look at changing! My life was hell when I was dealing with them and that only involved horses not children I cannot even begin to imagine how awful it must be for you ladies!! When I say horses I was fighting for my share if a horse that we bought for 10k and had been valued at 800k due to my production of it!! In the end the stress of dealing with my twat of an ex made me drop it as my health was being badly affected. Incidentally I firmly believe that what comes around goes around and the horse unfortunately suddenly died a matter of weeks later and he lost a lot of money too!!

As for me ...fluid is a bit better but I have my section dates assuming he doesn't arrive before...either 7th march or 14th march - they will decide which one based on my next scan (2wks today) eeek ladies I guess I'm technically a march baby but I'd love to stay with you guys please??!

I fainted in clinic today oooops due to my back pain - caused a right stir lol!! All ok now tho and feeling relaxed!!

Sorry if I have forgotten anything!!

Oh yes my oh is not being very good about staying local and is 8hrs away with work for a few days so I couldn't resist winding him up...I told him baby was arriving Monday!!!! Hahaha he was like ..are u serious ..me yep! Haha he went quiet and then said SHIT!! I then put him out of his misery and he agreed to stay more local over the next few weeks lol lol I'm so so cruel!!!!!

Steph maybe call your mw and see what she says as I can't say I've ever had that pain but I hope your ok and it gets sorted too! Gods hands glad you spoke to your doctor and have a bit of peace of mind just take it easy!
Nimbec gosh about the fainting!!! Hope your ok! Omg those dates are not far away at all! Omg! Like a month away! Yeah it's easy enough to do, but with any Icandy it can be pricy! You get adaptors that connect to the frame where the first seat sits into then comes down the frame and sits on the baskets frame and that is where you put the second seat! It was £190 for the adaptors and second seat, and £30 for extra carseat adaptors and an extra £180 for the carry cot as the bigger one won't fit you need a smaller one! Lol junto be honest I never used the carry cot, I hated how if you went over a bump or curb that te baby would fly all I've the place so I mainly used the carseat till Paige could use the seat! So I don't get the carry cot this time! My sil has the out and about double, and although its good coz both kids are next to each other, its massive and I've seen her struggle with it, that's why I got the Icandy coz I knew I'd be having another baby soon after and its the same size as a single you just loose your basket space lol!!! Then I can just sell it once I'm done! It's in great condition! Lol x

So much to catch up on and I'm still just waking up! :sleep: Yes I know it's 10am here now.... Shhhh!

nimbec: I guess if you're going to faint you were in the best spot to do it at least! Cruel trick on OH, but hopefully he got the message loud and clear and stays a little closer to home for the next few weeks.

n_gods_hands: hopefully LO stays put for a while yet! Try to take it easy and get as much rest as you can.

doggylover: Your wall decal is awesome!! I love it! Its so bright and colourful. I'm sure LO will love looking at too.

sweetpea: hurray for tax returns! We haven't even filed ours yet, so any possible return is still a ways away. I think we're still waiting for some employment info to be sent to us, but hopefully we can them done soon! After buying all this baby stuff we could certainly use a bank-account boost by the tax return fairy!!

kealz: excellent job on the sweet deals! I love getting things on sale, it's so satisfying! lol Glad your second seat showed up too! You'll have to take it for a spin with Paige in her seat to see how it works out and get her used to it.

Lily: I can't believe your boobs grew that much either! :wacko: I literally can't even image myself with that kind of expansion. I'm so small chested to start with that it would look completely ridiculous. I'd be happy to go up to a C. :haha:

ukgirl: What kinda ice cream cake? :winkwink:

AFM, I'm supposed to be working on a paper this morning while I wait for the change table to be delivered. But I've been awake for almost an hour now and my eyes still aren't quite fully functioning. I woke up with swollen eye lids (happens sometimes even without pregnancy because of my pillow) and my left eye is still a little puffed up, so it's watering and itchy. I guess I'll do some laundry in the meantime till it goes down and I can focus on paper writing.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Steph i'd call the midwiffe too, the only thing i can think of is maybe acid reflux as all bodily systems are pushed up and squished....i could be totally wrong tho!!

kealz blimey that is pricey but i guess not as pricy as selling and buying a whole new duo pram! Good to know for the future - Thanks!!

Readytomum ugh sorry your eyes are all puffy :( are you allergic to your pillows? poor you!! I'd use it as an excuse not to work ALL day hehe!

Nimbec: Ahh! I can't believe your LO will be here so soon! I'm so jealous that you KNOW as well! I am so so excited for you! Not long to wait now!

UKgirl: Monkey face is (I am so sorry to anyone who reads this) when a guy shaves his pubes off, then during sex he comes on the girls face, and throws the pubes on afterwards so they stick to her face...making her like a hairy monkey! :shock: I will never call my nephew monkey face again!! :haha:

Steph: No idea about the pain...definitely sounds like muscles or ligaments. I say mention it to your midwife as well.

Readytomum: Hope you are feeling better and are less puffy eyed. Has your change table arrived yet? I was also thrilled to make it up to a C cup (ok, barely!) but because my bump is so big you can't even notice!!!

Afm... Thanks for the comments about the wall decal. I know it's expensive, and probably not to some people's tastes at all, but I just love how bright it is! And it will still suit a toddler as well, so it won't need replaced for a long while (once the baby is too big, I'll shift them to another room and pop more babies out so I can keep it up!)

I now have 3 Mondays/Tuesdays, 4 Wednesdays/Fridays and 5 Thursdays left to teach! That's only 19 more days!! (due to half term etc) I'm so excited lol!

Urrrgh. I have sooo much to do before this baby come. Its doing my head in. I am forever looking online at the things I need to buy but I am such a tight ass I cant bare to part with my money. What a nutter.

Omg doggylover, I used to call my dog monkey face :shock:!! Guess I will never do that again!!

And as for pooping out more babies... That sounds like a plan :thumbup::haha:
Rob said something like that this weekend... He saw a little girl and was like: we need to get one in that flavor as well soon!
Hmmm wait, are you going to be pregnant and not drink or sleep for the next year?? I didn't think so lol:haha:. As for me, I would like to enjoy being reckless and irresponsible without guilt for a little bit before I do this again ahahah

Last time I mentioned the pain to the doc, she also mentioned reflux ... Hmmm... I need to google that... Figured it had to be muscle or ligament related because of the type of pain, but lets see what scary info I can find online lol

Glad I have suitably disgusted everyone with monkey face! :haha: it is hilarious! But yeah, nicknames for children/pets forever ruined!

Steph, someone asked me the other day when I was going for no2. I said we'll get this one out and see how that goes first! What is people's obsession with us having another one?! We haven't even got one yet!

Steph I've had that exact same pain. I asked my mw at my last appointment and she said it is likely musculoskeletal pain from stretching as our uteruses keep moving higher and higher to accommodate the baby. Sometimes mine feels like tearing and sometimes it is stabbing and she said when it is the stabbing one that is likely to be the uterus pushing on a nerve somewhere in that area. She wasn't concerned. It sounds like your baby also likes to move his feet around up there so that probably isn't helping! Sorry you are having the pains too! Mine come and go so hopefully yours will go soon too and give you a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->