April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Quick question... do newborn babys wear hats in the house? or just outside?

I think it depends on the temperature, for instance it is quite chilly right now in my apartment and I would wear a cotton hat on baby.

I love all the details about your doggies! I miss mine so much.:cry:

The nursery is ready!!! I just got my car seat too!!! And tomorrow I might get my stroller as well :thumbup: I feel acomplished :happydance:

A total paradox: my mom helped out with picking up the car seat as it was raining, and she came over to see the nursery. She saw my new cloth nappies and she started playing with them: she actually said they look amazing and she loves them. I don't know if she realized they are actual nappies for a baby to pee and poo in them, she might have thought something else but she genuinely likes them :haha:

Candy, way to go!!! I think you did the right thing and let the kids "tell him off". If you had not skyped, then he would have held it against you later! This way, he def felt that the kids did not want to talk :thumbup:
Maybesoon, I'm surprised as well. Is it your insurance that requires you to watch the movie (and pay) just in case you need it?? I've never heard of it... But surely, I would be doing the same as you, since I def want the option later on!

Question about baby positioning:
I've been under the assumption that baby is head down (since I always feel the hiccups very low in my pelvis). The kicks are always above my belly button an usually on the right (actually... I hardly feel kicks on the left).
But.. I read on spinning baby, that if kicks are right top and head is down, that the baby butt should be left. But... I always feel (and see) a huge lump on the right side of my belly!?! :shrug:. Can baby back/butt be right and kick right as well????
Just these last few days, I've been feeling lots of kicks top right all the way to the side (like in line with my hip bone and not center like before).

I'm so confused :wacko:

nimbec it's pretty funny because the chi LOVES my oldest Great Dane! They cuddle together all the time! We are bad about letting them all have our left overs after meal time & they know it. But I was always very strict with my GDs not allowing them into the kitchen until everyone was done eating & it was time for cleanup. Last thing I need is a huge Great Dane trying to eat out of everyone's plates at the table!!!

It's not an insurance requirement for the video, it's a hospital/anesthesiologist requirement. The deposit is a non refundable payment. If I use the epidural then it will go towards that fee, if I don't use the epidural... well it's money down the drain. But, this is my first & I darn sure want to make sure I have the option if I decide I can't handle the pain (which I'm sure that will be the case)!!!! I guess for me it's the frustration of having to take time off of work to watch a stupid 9 minute video because they only show it Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm.... It's just one more thing I'm going to have to take off work for & it doesn't help with the way my boss has been acting lately...

Lily Im.glad your mum likes the nappies everyone thinks Im mad doing cloth nappies they say its a waste of money as they are just going to get pooed in.... :/

nimbec mine wore hats inside for the first three months atleast but I lived in Norway then however it was summer then so Im quite unsure I will ask my midwife when I see her next time xx

maybesoon I understand it now. Its so bad that hey do it that way. surely they should only charge you for the drugs and prceedures you actually used. America sounds so expensive xx

Thanks steph he has a lot to answer for I think xx

I couldn't agree more Candy! It's insane... But I guess they know most women would rather be safe than sorry!!!

Steph, Mason is a spinner, he spins constantly & the last couple of days & nights I have had cramps so bad I can't get comfortable or sleep at all. Last night I was cramping so bad it was making me nauseous... But my doc said on Tuesday that he was still high (which I find crazy because he feels so low) and of course spinning so no head down yet.... I swear he will be like his father & be difficult when the time comes most likely trying to bare his arse first!!!!

hey all,

Just a quick one before I bath DD- they dont need to wear hats in the house :)

back later xxx

nimbec/steph/doggylover: Here's a pic of my cat in his favourite position! Whenever I sit in my recliner he comes and lays across my ENTIRE front. He sort of sits on my lap and stretches out over the whole bump and up onto my chest. Furry little beast!

Attachments

• Hadrian and Bump.jpg
    Hadrian and Bump.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 4
Here is a pic of our great dane & chi sleeping together. This is how they spend most of their time while in the house!!!

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 4
Readytomum that is so cute!! And maybesoon that is so cool - they look like best buddies!!

Ok I think I'm being neurotic but bubs has been moving like crazy all day like really big movements its not actually quite painful - should I be worried? Or just accept I've got a hyper one lol!!

Maybesoon, I love that picture!!!!!! Makes me want to climb up and cuddle with them lol

Nimbec, I wouldn't think that too much movement is a problem but idk... Maybe give ur MW a call??

Bentley currently on my bump! He looks huge here as he is sprawled accross me! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6
Just a quick catch up for me

Ukgirl: poor Lucas and connie feeling that way about their dad :( it's awful that Lucas thinks he's being made fun of - what kind of message is that to send to a child? And seriously...who cares about being rude to friends when you should be concentrating on your kids? He is the worst :growlmad:

Nimbec: I would just put a hat on outside. I read something recently that said they don't need to even wear them in hospital, even though hats what you always see/are told :shrug:

Lily: great news about your mum being excited about the cloth! I think when you see them it would be impossible not to be won over by the cuteness!

Steph: baby positioning with me is EXACTLY the same. My midwife said baby is head down, back on the right, and I've always felt the kicks on my right, now it's mid- high belly I get movement. But I also get a 'bulge' on my right and haven't a clue what's going on either! I thought it was a head or butt too at first, but since midwife said baby is head down I've become more confused!

Readytomum: your at is gorgeous!! I am a dog person (hence the name!) but we have a cat too and I do have a soft spot for them. What a cutie he is! I can't remember his name...but I know it's something cool?!

Maybesoon: that picture is too cute! Your Great Dane is just gorgeous! And they look so comfy!

Since we are sharing dogs...these are our two chocolate boys, the one on the right is 88lbs :shock: and he is such a big baby and so petted! I have two golden labs as well (the chocolate boys live with my parents as it wasn't fair to move them when I moved out) but can't seem to add a second pic...

Afm, parents evening was hectic - 4-6.15pm non-stop talking. I'm exhausted!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5
Bentley currently on my bump! He looks huge here as he is sprawled accross me! Lol

Bwahahahha he is the king of his castle!!!! Sweet little boy has no clue what he will soon be up against lol

Doggy lover they are gorgeous!!

Lol Steph I know - I'm hoping that he will curl up next to me whilst I have baby ...maybe I'm being naive but he spends lots of time by the fire anyway!

Doggylover pleased u survived now go and relax!

Just a quick catch up for me

Ukgirl: poor Lucas and connie feeling that way about their dad :( it's awful that Lucas thinks he's being made fun of - what kind of message is that to send to a child? And seriously...who cares about being rude to friends when you should be concentrating on your kids? He is the worst :growlmad:

Nimbec: I would just put a hat on outside. I read something recently that said they don't need to even wear them in hospital, even though hats what you always see/are told :shrug:

Lily: great news about your mum being excited about the cloth! I think when you see them it would be impossible not to be won over by the cuteness!

Steph: baby positioning with me is EXACTLY the same. My midwife said baby is head down, back on the right, and I've always felt the kicks on my right, now it's mid- high belly I get movement. But I also get a 'bulge' on my right and haven't a clue what's going on either! I thought it was a head or butt too at first, but since midwife said baby is head down I've become more confused!

Readytomum: your at is gorgeous!! I am a dog person (hence the name!) but we have a cat too and I do have a soft spot for them. What a cutie he is! I can't remember his name...but I know it's something cool?!

Maybesoon: that picture is too cute! Your Great Dane is just gorgeous! And they look so comfy!

Since we are sharing dogs...these are our two chocolate boys, the one on the right is 88lbs :shock: and he is such a big baby and so petted! I have two golden labs as well (the chocolate boys live with my parents as it wasn't fair to move them when I moved out) but can't seem to add a second pic...

Afm, parents evening was hectic - 4-6.15pm non-stop talking. I'm exhausted!

Awe doggylover, labs are soo sweet and gentle! I always wanted to have a black lab when I had a baby (mostly because we had one when I was growing up and there was NOTHING that dog would not let us do :haha:... He used to wear dresses, get pushed around in a stroller, slept next to our cribs....). Unfortunately, I live in a condo and having a big dog would just not be fair to him/her. :cry:

I'm glad you also seem to have a "righty" that kicks right. I kept reading that if a large bulge is on one side, that the kicks are on the other :shrug:! I'm fairly certain (with my expertise baby positioning knowledge :haha:) that the right side bulge is baby back and butt.
As of this afternoon, I believe that Grayson is still small enough to lay right and kick right... Basically at a 45% angle from the floor, with the head at the lower part. Would that make sense???

That makes total sense - I think I sometimes over estimate how big baby is in there, so your idea makes a lot of sense for my LO as well :thumbup: this is where I got to my appointment next week and find out baby isn't head down at all and I've been wrong this whole time :haha: I'm not the best with positioning, I'm just going on what midwife said, but baby could easily flip!

I've only ever had labs, and I love them. Had a black one first, then a lab/collie cross, then 4 more labs! I agree they are so gentle, ours would let you do anything at all!! Just big dopes! My dh used to hate labs, as everyone in his hometown had them and they were all really fat, but I converted him, and now he loves them too!

Doggylover, I have my appointment on Monday next week... That will be the first time that I get told why position he is in :haha:. I just use my own process of elimination to try and figure it out lol. Just would like to know what part of him I am patting :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->