April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Well as much as I hate to admit it..... I really am not a fan of being pregnant. The pokes & jabs are just not fun for me & having this huge belly is just uncomfortable. I'm just ready to have my body back...

I don't think there is anything wrong with admitting that at all!! You will love mason just as much when he arrives as any momma ever has. It's the baby being here part that's important and supposed to be great! The pregnancy part is supposed to kinda suck, so I think that's totally normal!

I've heard more than a few ladies say on here that they haven't enjoyed the process of being pregnant, and I think it just totally depends on how your pregnancy has treated you. My next one (if we're lucky enough) could be hell on earth!

Oh no its perfectly fine to hate being pregnant too lol its painful and we worry all the time over discharge and braxton hicks hehe xx

omg doggylover I saw that on your fb and it made me laugh so much! It reminds me actually when we were out one day and a baby started to cry and Lucas thouht it was Benson crying in my tummy hahahahaha.. kids are amazing with the shit they come out with.

Thank you Ladies! Y'all always know how to make me feel "normal"!!! I tell everyone that I love it, because I just don't want them to thank that I'm going to be a bad mom or that I don't love or want my Mason more than anything. I did say something to my Mom a couple of months ago & she told me I was crazy that being pregnant was the best time of her life. So I just keep my mouth shut now because everytime I think it I feel guilty.

Candy that is too funny about Lucus thinking it was Benson crying!!! How cute is that!!!

doggylover: What's really funny is *DH* wanted to try and "listen" to the baby the other day! He had a glass out and was holding it up against my tummy to see if he could hear the heart beat and and swishing sounds or anything. I think all he heard my own heartbeat. :rofl:

We've been burried under snow here and it just keeps coming!! We're supposed to be driving down to windsor this afternoon (about 4 hours away) for my baby shower this weeekend. DH's parents and grandma have safely arrived by plane in Toronto from Nova Scotia (2 hour flight), and now we're just trying to sort out how to meet up with them and then drive to Windsor. :dohh: What a weekened for a snowstorm! Thankfully the shower is tomorrow, so we should be able to get there in time... even if it means having stay overnight here and leaving crack of dawn to drive down tomorrow morning.

In more happy news, the store Zellers is closing here in Canada, and just about all of them are liquidated now. Well there was one store left not too far from us that is in the process of closing now, so everything is 50-70% off! We bought our highchair for $64.00, a crib bedding set for $29.99, a moulded change pad for our change table for $17.00, a pack of 4 seasame street receiving blankets for $6, some fabric storage cubes for $4 each to put on the shelves of the change table! (and my sister bought us our monitors there for our shower gift! the same ones we had on our registry at a different store, but $30 cheaper because they were on sale!) All the clothes were completely picked over which was too bad, but we got lots of great stuff at an amazing price. I love sales! :cloud9:

Aww ukgirl Lucas is too cute! He is four though so you could understand how he might think that...this teenager is clearly just a bit of an idiot!

Maybesoon, I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about. Not enjoying being kicked to pieces, having to pee every five minutes and the plethora of other crap that has come with your pregnancy means nothing at all! And it especially doesn't mean you will be a bad mom or love mason less - probably the opposite since you are willing to spend 9 months kinda miserable to have him here!!

Readytomum :thumbup: good bargain hunting! I hope all works out ok with travelling for your shower tomorrow. I can't believe you have relatives who live in Nova Scotia - to us that is almost like a fictional land that you hear about but nobody is really sure about any details :haha:

Maybesoon like I said I forgot most of the negatives about being pregnant and just missed the rolling bump lol now I am pregnant my feet and back ache I cant bend over I havent seen my .. you know .. in months haha it can be difficult to enjoy it xx

readytomum Aaron has also held a glass to my bump and a toilet roll tube.. he heard you can hear babies heartbeat that way haha just sloshy sounds here too.
That is great about all the sales!! Not so great about the snow though xxx

Excellent bargain hunting Ready to Mum! Hope you get to your shower safely! It has started snowing down here in Boston, too. Nothing crazy yet. With all this hype though we better get some real snow!

Thought you ladies might like this news story:

https://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/...nsland-newborn-weighs-in-at-twice-the-average

A woman in Australia just gave birth to a 14.14lb baby. Yeah. Just let that sink in...

:cry: that poor woman!

Now I see what my mum means when she says they come out half reared, the wee chubby monkey doesn't look at all like a newborn! That will be me in 7 weeks if you believe my mum :cry:

Ouch!!! That must have been painful! I thought my 7 pounders were chubbies lol xx

Bitsy Sarah sorry to hear about all the issues you're having to cope with. At least we are in the home stretch now! Hope your new antibiotics clear up the uti quick Candy.

AFM I scored the day off work today because of the alleged blizzard that is rolling in. Just had to brave the grocery store nightmare to get some key supplies: milk, chocolate, yogurt, Pirate's Booty... :haha:

Baby was head down at my MW appt yesterday but she wants me to have a quick scan next time to make sure just because she was transverse last time and she is still super active and always shifting around. So I do get another quick time to see baby before she is here. Hopefully no more after that as if I need another it will be because she is late or something wrong.

I asked about our weird pain Steph and she said it actually is the muscles separating, but not to worry as they will go back together after the birth. Good to hear. :shock: I love knowing that my uterus is getting so massive that now my muscles are dividing. Who really needs their body parts stuck together anyway? She also said unfortunately there is not much to be done about that kind of pain. Also good to hear.

So, since I am cooped inside with the snow I am going to do some baby laundry, put sheets on the crib, watch some season 2 of Downton Abbey as I finally got it from the library yesterday, and do some knitting. Bliss! :cloud9:

Oh well yay for us :growlmad:. I guess it's good news, that it is nothing to worry about lol. Mine was ok yesterday and today but I'm scared of the next growth spurt ... Considering we still have 8 weeks of growing left :haha:

I'm a bit jealous of your day off!! That sounds lovely.

Ugh, I would file a lawsuit against my doctor :haha:! Clearly he should have checked the size at one point :wacko:

I still like to believe that my baby will be right around 7lbs and labor will take a total of 4 hours with some discomfort, but no pain ahahaha. Everyone laughs at my naive mindset but I just can't get myself worked up about what could go wrong! Since there is no turning back now (LO will come out one way or the other :haha:), I may as well stay in my delusional state lol.

Readytomum and Kristabelle, I'm a bit jealous of your snow :blush:. With temps back up in the high 70's / low 80's, I could really use a cold front!!

Ukgirl 7lbs is just a perfect little size I think!

Steph I'm with you, in my mind I stay at home until I'm pretty much pushing, just using my TENS machine, then pop the wee midget out easily once we arrive.

Boy am I in for a shock!!

Thanks doggylover... by the way.. are you hiring your tens machine? How much are you paying if so? X

I did hire, I think it was £21 and it says that's for seven weeks - 3 weeks before due date and then presumably 4 afterwards. I can't even remembered where I got it from, i deleted the confirmation email! :dohh: I will have a look and try and find out...

Www.tensmed.co.uk

:)

Thank you xxx my local pharmacy are asking £60 to hire :/

:cry: that poor woman!

Now I see what my mum means when she says they come out half reared, the wee chubby monkey doesn't look at all like a newborn! That will be me in 7 weeks if you believe my mum :cry:

I believe the midwife who gave you an actual physical exam and proclaimed your child lovely and petite x

They did a scan on the 14lber and thought he was 10-11, the mama did have a section though, rightly so imo!

Yes ladies I am also hoping for mild discomfort for a few hours and then for her to just slip out smoothly :haha: Did I tell you about my mum's third birth? The first two (I am second) she was induced and they were painful but lasted 3-4 hrs each (sounds not too bad imo) but my lil bro came on his own at 41 weeks and she said she had "a sort of mild labour" for two days and wasn't sure when to go to hospital, and then when she finally went she had him within a half hour of getting there. Ummm... yeah, can I just have that birth?!

Kirstabelle I am hoping I get a scan at my hospital appointment this week and some more confirmation that my LO is a normal size :haha: then again if they thought her baby was only 11lb maybe drs aren't so reliable!

I would be happy with either of those types of births your mum had to be honest! A few mentally difficult hours, or a couple of days of mild discomfort. Neither sound so awful!

I'll second that Kristabelle... Mild discomfort and 30min active! Yes please!! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->