April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Doglover im the exact same. I poke and prod my bump ive shook it and ive just drank 2 small glasses of cold water to see if she will budge :( so far since i got up ive got about 4 kicks i think. She was having little stretch his morning. Im hoping if i mention this to my midwife she may be able to tell me that she has turned to face my ribs or something. I already know her head is down lol but i still get pretty worried that im not feeling her kick and punch enough :(. I think i feel less also because i cant seem to sit still long enough i always have to be kept busy lol.

We'll see what the midwife says when i see her. just bit concern myself lol but im hoping im wrong and all is well.

Ive not been drinking much water past few weeks and i would like to change that even though i hate the taste i really should be trying harder. xx

Sarah, sorry if I scared you :blush:. I did do the same last night though :haha:. But I have to admit, when I was up, I would wait to feel a movement, before going back to sleep. Normally I swear that he does NOT move at night... I think I was wrong lol. He moves, just not very strong kicks. I could have easily been missing them in the past.
Plus, you were probably rocking LO to sleep with all you moving back and forth lol.

Cherry, I hate water too, but make myself drink at least 8 glasses a day. I find that adding lemon juice and ice really helps. :shrug:

hi ladies, thank you for your support it means a lot to me right now :) xx

Benson has had a few quiet days too he was really quiet over the weekend and his kicks were really weak, today though he is back to fighting hard, I had spasming bump last night is where it looks like your baby is having a fit inside the womb but it is where their brain is building connections to their nerves and causes their muscles to spasm.. I hope I said that right... so I think his quiet days were due to him sleeping deeply to make those new connections and developments.

If you don't get 10 kicks in 2 hours you should call your midwife unit but even if the kicks are weak they still count. Orange juice gets babies kicking so try that :) At our stage though our babies are running out of space too so the hard kicks aren't really happening as much as before.

So yeh hope this helps :) and hope you are all having a good day, readytomum I love your nursery it's beautiful xxx

Sarah do you not have half term next week? or is it different in Ireland? xx Exciting to be almost on mat leave :D xxx

forgot to add that Benson does not move at all in the night really, only a few kicks here and there, in fact sometimes he's so quiet I feel like he's not even in there at all!! I think because our BP goes down when we sleep plus it's quiet and dark ect has something to do with it xx

Thanks Ukgirl. Funny as i was reading you first post i felt 2 pops lol. Got like 40 mins until my app so im counting down now. lol

think someone has been at my cola juice as the lid as been put on tight and i cant opened it :( might cry lol as it the only juice i drink right now lol.

Might have to try that with the water lol im on my third little glass still lol

doggylover: don't feel too bad about the book collection... since I work with small kids I have a bit of an obsession with children's books! So I've actually been collecting them for years. I seem to go in spurts where I'll buy a bunch and then not buy anymore for a year or something.

DH and I both *love* reading, so we want to make sure little Fraggle has a stocked bookshelf with lots of options.

AFM, I just went out to check the mail and there's a package slip in it! I've been home ALL MORNING! I swear those guys don't even try to get someone home. Sigh. Now I'll have to wait till tomorrow and go to the postal outlet to pick it up.

I'm headed to the mall today in a getting-somewhat-desperate attempt to find silver shoes for my sister wedding which is rapidly creeping up! (March 2) I have big feet to begin with, but another joy of being pregnant they have gotten even wider than they were before! I usually wear size US 11, and now I'll need either 11 wide or maybe even a 12! :dohh: I hope if I ever have a daughter she doesn't take after me in shoe size... such a horrible thing.

Tonight however, DH and I are going out for our "Valentine's Day" dinner since we can't go out Thursday night. I'm really looking forward to it, we're going to my favourite restaurant!! :happydance:

Hope everyone has a good day!

Oooh.... also I'm 30 weeks today!!! Yipppppeeeeeeee!

Girls to make your babies really wake up try citrus fruits, my LO goes crazy without fail when I eat an orange. :thumbup:
I notice he sleeps for longer and stays awake for longer too, I think it is part of growing up.

Thanks lily.... So your uterus is measuring 2 weeks further along. Is that the same as them saying the baby is measuring 2 weeks further or that you maybe have more fluid? I'm still really new to this so I don't really understand how that works. You should have seen the look on my face at my last appointment when my doctor told me my cervix was closed & long.

Last tuesday at my U/S the other doc said baby is measuring perfect for the weeks, he is consistent in size. But my doc squeezed the belly around, especially under the ribs (I have a short torso btw) and saw the baby has reached the boob area, and said the belly measures 32 weeks which is +2 weeks from what the other doc said. I think it is a small/normal baby swimming loads of water. My belly is positively huge right now, I don't mind it one bit, it looks cute and makes the rest of me look tiny :haha:
As long as the baby is healthy - ans so it appears- I'm happy.

I feel such pressure in my intestines though that it bothers me. I have lots of piles now (sorry tmi) and I can't sit straight. I wonder what will happen when I will push :shrug:

Orange juice at the ready then!

Steph, you didn't scare me, I have one of these episodes whe I am convinced baby isn't moving every few weeks :haha: I'm just neurotic!

Candy: thanks for that info re: spasms - I've actually wondered about that as sometimes I would swear baby is having a fit in there! So that makes sense! And yep, I have half term next week, but we just have the Monday and Tuesday off, I think in England most schools get the whole week? Ties back to us having the longer summer holidays.

Readytomum: book freak here as well!! Hence my sudden panic that I am woefully underprepared for LOs arrival in that department! Unless they like listening to "the womanly art of breastfeeding" I may get on this ASAP!!

the schools up here are all off this week and back next monday/ tuesday lol

Just quick update had the midwife early and all is well. Paige is measuring right on track mw said she is a good size and i told her all my concerns and she put my mind to rest saying that paige as been little more active today. so i guess drinking cold water really does help lol.

so now the count down is on until next friday which is my pay day and lat day at work YAY!! so chuffed lol xx

Ugh cherry I am so jealous you'll be off so soon! I still have 15 days left, it may as well be forever! Glad to hear all is well with Paige :)

afm I have my elusive hospital appointment tomorrow. Elusive in the sense that I haven't been able to pin down what the heck will happen at it, as nobody on the planet seems to know - inc my SIL who birthed at the same hospital! So I'm very interested to find out...and hoping for a little growth scan!

good news about your app cherrybump :)!! It's so typical that when you tell your concerns to a doctor or midwife baby suddenly makes a good comeback haha!!

Doggylover ah at least you'll get a few days off before mat leave starts right? We get the whole week off.. I can not wait!!! Yeh the spasming bump thing scared the crap out of me first time it happened so I thought I would share with you all not to be alarmed, it's just nerves and brain connections developing or if baby gets in an uncomfortable position.

Is anyone else finding it hard to stand up for long before your feet start to ache??? mine awful!! I made pancakes earlier for my kids and my feet are now dead!!

All my letters to the solicitors and CPS are now off just waiting for the norwegain papers to come through. I'm really not looking forward to this next bit lol.

I know this is going to sound stupid but whats AFM i keep seeing people use it lol. thanks also xxx

doggylover: hope the appoint goes well! (eventhough you don't know what it's for!) I got a call from my Dr. today changing my appoint from Friday to Thursday. You gotta love how they just assume you have no life and can make those last minute switches without a problem!

ukgirl: Mmmm... pancakes!! I totally forgot it was Shrove Tuesday until lunch time, and by then I'd already started making something else for lunch. :growlmad: I love pancakes!! I don't tend to stand for long period so I haven't really noticed that much... but I have noticed that if I do too much bending over and reaching for stuff I end up with horrible SPD at night and the next morning.

cherrybump: AFM stands for "and for me" or "as for me"

Lily: I've been noticing longer quiet periods too, and then more active periods. I think like you said it's just baby getting into better sleep routines. I forget who mentioned the cold water thing... but I always drink COLD water. I hate room-temperature water, so we keep a jug in the fridge all the time. I think LO has become pretty immune to it. :haha:

Ahhh thank you hun. just kept seeing it and i kept looking for someone called AFM lol but there was never anyone. thank you :D xxx

Readytomum Im getting spd but only at night or after resting for a long time its so painful isnt it!! Do you want me to post you some pancakes? :p they might be a bit gross by the time they reach you hehe xx

lol i made pancakes ealier so yummy xxx

What did you have on them cherrybump? We had icecream strawberries and blueberries on ours but in norway we used to have them savoury for dinner xx

Thanks ukgirl, but I think I'll pass. :haha:

DH and I are going out for a nice dinner tonight to celebrate Valentine's Day early, or I would make them for dinner!

We usually make either Apple Cinnamon ones, or Banana Chocolate Chip. I like mine with peanut butter ontop!! But sometimes I'll put butter and maple syrup on instead. :thumbup:

Apple cinemmon ones sound gorgeous!! Enjoy your night out hun!! Xxx

Ladies loving the sound of these pancakes!! I had..

Peanut butter with banana
Golden syrup
Lemon and sugar
And savoury ones for dinner. But that's just a means to a sweet, sugary end!

Not all at once I hasten to add! I could eat many, many more pancakes tbh...

Readytomum, even worse that they brought your appointment forward and assume you had nothing planned! At least if it gets pushed back its understandable lol!! Enjoy your valentines dinner!

Candy: yep, the two days off next week are definitely helping me middle through to maternity leave! We have a training day on the Friday as well, so nice easy week next week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->