April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

omg Sarah, you're neighbour is sooooo weird!!! And to talk to your sister about you as well!!! how cheeky!! LOL

Thank you for the washing advice!! what is dish washer tablet stripping? :/ are you going to presoak your nappies and liners in the bucket? I have found some antibacterial powder in mothercare which you pop in water in the bucket to soak. xxx

readytomum it honestly didn't seem like a lot until I had put it all away lol, I put socks, mittens and booties between the folded clothing to save some space, I had too many shoes to store so I'll need to get extra too I like the under cot storage idea! Might have to copy you :) xx

by the way I got my mini fan from ebay for my hospital bag the other day yay and ASDA are doing 3 for £3 on travel toiletries, they have savlon and small baby bottles of shampoo ect, I even got a travel toothbrush which folds up ad some deodrant, which has all gone in the hospital bag. xx

apparently 190 people are reading our thread :/ fame!!! lol xx

I was about to comment on Doggy's stalker... sounds like there's a lot of it going around :haha: I always think its just the 20 or so regulars reading. We do have the best thread so I can see why they would want to read it. :winkwink:

doggylover: if they decide the exams have to all be written at once, and I can't write them in April because I won't be ready, I will have to write them all later when I return, which means all the work this semester to prepare for them will have been a bit of a waste, because I'm going to forget everything I've read by the time it would come due to write the exam. Plus it means finishing this degree just keeps getting pushed further and further back. At least if I can write some of them now this school year will have been productive, instead of waste of time and effort!

ukgirl: the under cot storage is great for stuff you don't need to access very often! We decided to put the clothing that's too big under there for now, and then when Peter grows out of the 0-3 month stuff we can pop the bin out to switch the 3-6 month stuff into the dresser. I think we'll also be storing some of our really heavy blankets under there too which we wont need till Winter time (likely end of November or December).

I started getting some of Peter's stuff ready for the hospital bag the other day when I was washing and putting away clothes. How does this sound so far?

- 2 X newborn onsies
- 2 X newborn sleepers
- 2 X 0-3m onsies
- 2 X 0-3m sleepers
- 2 X cotton hats
- 2 X pairs of scratch mitts
- 1 X going home outfit
- 1 X extra heavy fleece sleeper/outside clothing
- 2 X muslin blankets
- 1 X large knitted blanket for trip home

I haven't bothered past the clothes so far... so no diapers/hygiene stuff organized yet. But does that sound pretty good for clothing? I don't want to bring a ton of stuff I end up not needing... and DH can always bring us something if I need more. Here for a regular vaginal birth you're kicked out after a few hours if everything is fine... so unless there are problems it won't be an overnight stay.

AFM I am about to open my 5 ft tall giraffe after polishing off my second ice cream twix of the week. I think I am addicted to those things now. :blush:

AFM I am about to open my 5 ft tall giraffe after polishing off my second ice cream twix of the week. I think I am addicted to those things now. :blush:

OOohh!! I had an Ice Cream Twix and a Mars one when I was in the UK in June.... and those things are AWESOME! We don't have them here in Canada though. :nope: But I'm not jealous or anything....:haha:

Ready to Mum that sounds like a good amount for the length of time you will be there (ie not long) I think I am just taking the four open bottomed gown things 0-3 month size, some disposables (the kind with less weird ingredients for just until we get home and past the meconium stage) a hat and a pair of little hand knit cotton booties. The sleeper gown things have the mits sown in, but I might knit her some little mits too. And a going home outfit and a blanket for the car in case its cool. Then some nursing nighties and bras, giant pants and the nursing pad things. A stash of granola bars and honey sticks for labour. Toiletries and little bit of make up. I know if I am feeling like crap after labour then make up will make me feel better and more human. I think that's all I've planned so far. I will be sending DH for any other necessities I forget.

Re Ice Cream Twixes, that is definitely the baby's fault. I think she has Fetal Frozen Caramel Syndrome. If she can get the blame for ab muscle separation, heart burn, hormonal paranoia and all the rest of it then she can just get the blame for this too :haha:

What a post :haha: my 5ft giraffe! And what the heck is a honey stick?!

190 people reading the thread?! Seriously?! I bet my neighbour is one of them :haha:

Candy: I'm not going to bother with the soaking in the bucket,just stick them in dry. Since I plan to use quite a few covers which are made of PUL and have elastic, I've heard that the soaking isn't great for the elastic. I think I'll rinse the poo-y liners and chuck them in the nappy bin, but nothing else. Dishwasher tablet stripping: you basically wash the nappies with a bog standard dishwasher tablet instead of any detergent. It is supposed to wash away any residue from detergent build up, which eliminates any smell and keeps their absorbency up. No idea how it works...but it did seem to for my preloved! They smelt so musty, and even after I regular washed them they still smelt a bit funny, but after doing that they smell of nothing at all (which is apparently a good thing!)

Readytomum: fingers crossed that you will be able to split the exams then, so your hard work isn't wasted. I can't imagine how hard it would be to read and study for exams with a newborn, plus having your degree constantly moved further away is definitely not something you want to happen. I agree with kirstabelle- your clothes for Peter sound perfect for the hospital :) that's more or less exactly what I plan on taking too.

bahahaha Kirstabelle!!!

Sorry Ladies.... I haven't been on the last couple of days. I came down with a sinus infection Monday night, went to the doctor yesterday morning as I was running a 101 fever & was afraid it was going to be the flu (which seems to just keep going around in my area). I stayed home from work yesterday & spent almost the entire day sleeping.... I went back to work today, but have been of course playing catch up....

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry you've been sick Maybe Soon, glad it seems to not be the flu and you were at least able to get some rest yesterday. Feel better!

I was about to comment on Doggy's stalker... sounds like there's a lot of it going around :haha: I always think its just the 20 or so regulars reading. We do have the best thread so I can see why they would want to read it. :winkwink:

:rofl: Not that I am biased, but we are pretty awesome :haha:

Re Ice Cream Twixes, that is definitely the baby's fault. I think she has Fetal Frozen Caramel Syndrome. If she can get the blame for ab muscle separation, heart burn, hormonal paranoia and all the rest of it then she can just get the blame for this too :haha:

:rofl::rofl: I agree!!! LO should be carrying their weight (or at least be to blame for us carrying their weight ahahah)

Ive seen alot of people going to use those reusable nappies but ive opt for disables lol Just because i aint to sure on how you clean the poo of those things lol Probs save me money if i did use them but oh wells ive stock up on disables now.

I was laughing when i was really about this neighbour of yours doggy to funny she must be looking out for you each night as you come down the road.

Paige has been active more these passed 2 days its weird must have been because we had midwife an she pushing down hard to feel babys position lol Just glad i can feel all those kicks and punches bit more now :). xx

I started getting some of Peter's stuff ready for the hospital bag the other day when I was washing and putting away clothes. How does this sound so far?

- 2 X newborn onsies
- 2 X newborn sleepers
- 2 X 0-3m onsies
- 2 X 0-3m sleepers
- 2 X cotton hats
- 2 X pairs of scratch mitts
- 1 X going home outfit
- 1 X extra heavy fleece sleeper/outside clothing
- 2 X muslin blankets
- 1 X large knitted blanket for trip home

Oooh I'm stealing your list!!!:thumbup: Only difference I will stay in the hospital 2-3 days, I wish they'd kick me out sooner. They make sure the uterus is shrinking properly and there is not too much blood, plus keep an eye on the little ones.

I'd add 2 cot sheets too, I hate the hospital sheets (rough) and I feel weird thinking there have been thousands of other babies on those. And a fluffy towel!

Eww Lily now you mention other babies sleeping on the sheets (and throwing up on them etc) I am adding sheets to my hospital bag as well!!

Maybesoon sorry to hearyou haven't been feeling great, take it easy and get as much rest as you can.

Cherry, that's nice to feel Paige moving more often. The Drs and midwives push SO hard to feel baby don't they?! My dh was horrified yesterday at the hospital at how hard they pushed me! He thinks when I give it a little poke that I am damaging some internal organs, I thought he was going to punch the Dr yesterday for attacking our baby! :haha: (in fairness, the Dr was rough)

:hugs: maybesoon I hope you are feeli g better now xxx

doggylover do you just use a basic dishwasher tablet? Do I just put it in the drum or the drawer? Sorry Im so clueless! Xxx

Cherrybump you can buy one way liners which filter fluids through and you can flush the poo in the liner. Xx

well I had a follow up app with the doctor today to check the uti had gone and she almost made me cry. She asked me if I felt better down there and I said I felt uncomfortable she tried to say I have thrush without doing any tests or anything at all.. but I do not have thrush. The test for uti showed I still had some infection there. I only have two days of tablets left so I hope it clears up. She asked me why I felt uncomfortable down there and I said I just felt a lot of pressure on my bladder and she started shouting at me about how its normal.. I know pressure down there is normal but its not normal to feel like youre on the verge of peeing your pants all day long. She was awful. She told.me to use a thrush pessary too which Im pretty sure isnt safe when pregnant. If I still have pain after the weekend I will go to a different doctor. I dont think she knows what shes doing. I know antibiotics can cause thrush but I know for sure I dont have it. :( Still waiting for the papers too... Ben is still head down!!! Fingers crossed he stays there this time xxx

Oh candy, that's horrible. After taking the antibiotics for this long, the infection should be gone! The last couple of days are usually only to get rid of dormant bacteria and to make sure it doesn't come back. I would go to a different doctor for sure! Yes, pressure is normal, but that usually goes away for a little while when you empty your bladder. Plus, baby and uterus pressure is different from UTI pressure. Please go and get a second opinion. :hugs:

Yikes Ukgirl!I don't think it's normal to feel that much pressure either. I don't understand why people's Dr's always have to shout and be rude. Asses!

I have absolutely no clothes for Emme. Reading this makes me realize I need to get with the program in the next 7 weeks! I don't even have a bag ready for her let alone me.

Happy Valentine's Day to all you beautiful ladies!! :flower:

My Dr's appointment today went well! Peter is definitely head down and everything looks good. Always a relief.

ukgirl: sorry your Dr was being such an ass! I hate it when people talk to pregant women like they've gone stupid. My Dr asks me every time I go if there's anything I have questions about or if anything is wrong etc. I've never really had any questions for her, but I know she wouldn't yell at me if I did! That's totally unacceptable.

lily: Wow! They keep you in for a while! I'm glad we get out quickly here because I'd rather be home than in the hospital, but it would be nice if they kept us overnight at least just to make sure things were all ok! :shrug:

Mommabrown: Don't feel too bad about not having a stash of clothes yet! I just got most of mine this past weekend, and they were a hand-me-down from one of my cousins who is done having babies! Now we have more clothes than we know what to do with. :haha: Peter could have a fashion show everyday and not wear them all!

Maybesoon: Sorry to hear you've been sick! Hopefully you're on the mend by now and feeling much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->