April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

WE have great taste! :) I am soooo excited for it to be finished. I am also very impatient. Cam didnt get a nursery because we were in a 1 bed flat when he was small. Now we have a 3 bed house it is sooo much fun. He has outgrown his furniture so we bought both him and baby a 3 door wardrobe plus chest and bedside table. Cant wait to have storage!!

Youll have to post pics xx

Oh on the subject of owls... My college mascot is an owl (scary, I know!)... So I had my grandma make the hat (pic attached). Granted, I live in Florida, and it never drops below 75 degrees Fahrenheit in April, but damnit, this baby will wear this hat .. Even if its only for pictures :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
This is kind of what the owls will look like but I get to select the fabric so will match nursery xx

Attachments

• owl on twig.jpg
    owl on twig.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1
Steph I just died a little inside at how adorable that baby is in that hat! I love it! I expect to see some pics of Grayson in the same position with his hat on!!

TeAmo those will be gorgous! I might show that pic to my SIL. She is super crafty and lives making anything, so I might coerce her into making a few of those!

I can't wait to share pics of my nursery! I feel like everyone else has theirs done, or the place they will have for baby, and its literally all we have left to do! It's great that you are in a bigger house now, having the two LO in more space will be great!

Yeah its lovely to have more room! We really are not organised at all though hun. The painting is all we have done. It dawned on me today when I was going to hospital that if for some reason they wanted to induce me right now... I would be screwed. We have NOTHING ready.

Hi ladies sorry I've been away things are a bit bonkers here at the moment! Glad you are all ok!!!

I'm in & out of hospital and have no Internet when in there plus inbetween have been helping oh with te business :( knackered.com!!

I will try & catch up properly over the weekend!!

((Hugs)) to u all!!!

TeAmo: Welcome back lady!! Your nursery wall looks fabulous! I think it's so much fun to do stuff by hand if you're have the talent/time. I painted a little bit (dresser, and canvas wall hangings) but we couldn't paint the walls, so we had to use decals.

nimbec: I hope you're still trying to take it easy!! Don't be getting yourself too worked up helping OH out. He's a big boy! :haha: Keep us posted on how things are going for you.

Steph: Ahhh!! That hat is adorable! I learned to knit not that long ago, but I can't read patterns very well. I would love to try making something like that. They have soooo many adorable animal patterns for kids hats!! Maybe once LO shows up I'll try to devote some more time to figure that out. I've made simple hats, but nothing that elaborate.

doggylover: I think it would be ok to move the ladies who don't actively participate in the thread to a seperate list at the bottom. That way like you said, it will be a lot easier to keep track of the people who do frequent the chat and their due dates.

I don't know if I'd be able to find a labour buddy on here, no one else in this thread is from Canada! :nope: I'll try to keep everyone updated anyway though... DH has a super crazy phone so I'll have internet access at the hospital. And he's actually registered on this site too... although I'm not sure he ever really used it. :haha:

Readytomum you should make sure dh joins the thread for when you go into labour and he can keep us updated!!

Nimbec, I hope you are ok - lots of in and out of hospital doesn't sound good? Make sure you get a good rest this weekend so you have lots of energy for the few weeks ahead.

TeAmo, but you are a pro at having a baby now- it's us first timers who would be screwed if we went into labour now as we haven't a clue what we would really need to have sorted (or maybe that's just me!)

Afm, I have no idea how I am going to make it through today - so tired and a non stop day of classes!
Bright side, forgetting the stupid dr mid week and going on my other due date, I am 34 weeks today!

TeAmo love the nursery :) I cant wait to do your thread either! Fun fun fun! I did mean 10 kicks in 2 hours but I spoke to my midwife about it and she said it depends on your babies usual movements xx

doggylover thank you for the dish washer info I will try it out :) x Im with you on feeling tired today! I barely managed the school run. Its getting so difficult now. Last night I was in bed at 8pm lol xxx happy 34 weeks!!!

Im not sure if I'll survive two more months Im so heavy its painful :(

Ladies when I was updating the front page with our first birth buddy pair, I noticed how many mommas to be we have in our list who don't post in here.

I wondered what the general consensus would be about me shorting the date list to just the people who post regularly/have posted regularly in the past and moving all the other ladies to a list at the bottom, without dates, just above the April angels? It's something I have seen on other threads, and thought it might make it easier for us to keep an eye on whose due date is coming up as we get closer?

Let me know what you think, as I won't do anything without your agreement.

And if any ladies who are on the front page and don't post are reading this, let me know if you want to stay on there! Pm me or post a short message here!

oh nice idea. ive got few girls on my facebook from here so ill probably just post on there. but ill have my phone with me anyways kind of like my best friend lol

This most defo is a fast moving thread lol cant mind who mentioned that and im a slow reader haha.

At weekend i try and glue myself on here and find that it moves slower but because im working i cant have a wee peek on from time to time lol. but someone was nice enough to tell me about this muli quote button lol i never knew it grabs all the quotes together for you to response to them lol

AFM: im ok today just hope i dont get to sore at the end of my shift again .
I noticed you guys talking about the nursery which i had spare room to do mines lol i bought some wall stickers for when i do manage to get other house and put them on the wall. I always wanna write her name on the wall to :) xxx

Wow so much to catch up on, sorry not been around much been a bit busy...
I think that's a good idea about the front page Sarah! Would be easier for us all to keep track! Hope your feeling a bit better, that's awful about you dates changing (again) but like the other ladies said ur lo will come when they want to!
So hard trying to remember all the pages I read....
Te amo your nursery looks amazing!!! So talented! We aren't really doing anything to our nursery as we decorated it nuteral when we had Paige! So just new to get a few boyish things in there as its filled with lots of girlie bits now lol! Once that's done I'll take some pics and show ya!
Someone said about 10kicks in 2 hours I can't remember who, I'd read that somewhere too! To be fair my little man has been overly active recently it's actully starting to hurt me a little! Had an awful pain on Wednesday felt like cramping and pressure in my bottom... Walked to the docs or a mw appointment she didn't seem too worried but the more I walked the worse the cramps got! Its ok now though!
I like the idea of labour buddies! How shall we go about it? Who wants to be my labour buddy?
How's every one feeling now were in the final stretch?
Xxx

Hello Ladies.

I think the only reason this thread seems to move faster, is because of the different times zones... We are basically active for 20 hours a day :haha:

Cherry, we are also putting a name plate on the wall over Graysons bed... but to be honest, we won't be sleeping in the nursery for the first 3 months anyways. We will have a pack and play next to the bed, for easier nighttime feedings.
Kealz, yay for an active baby! Better too much movement, then not enough :thumbup:
Nimbec, I hope you feel better soon! This constant in and out of the hospital has got to be exhausting! Why have you gone back so much? Is everything OK with LO??
Sarah, Thats the spirit!!!! :thumbup: Forget what the doctor said and just go by your date!! After all, I bet we will be waiting anyway, so may as well wait from OUR determined date :haha:

AFM, I swear, I must have the laziest mutant baby out there :dohh:. He is only active for about 45 minutes after each meal. Then once more at 3pm and when I lay down to go to sleep for another 20min. The rest of the day: NOTHING! My next scan is next Wednesday, so I need to call them and ask if I should eat something before (just to prove that my child can move :haha:)

Hi Ladies,

Cherrybump - I used wall stickers in my flat as we aren't allowed to decorate, they look amazing. Her name on the wall is a lovely idea :) x

Kealz it was me who mentioned 10 kicks in 2 hours, Little man usually does 10 kicks in 15 minutes so if I didn't get 10 in 2 hours I would know something was up. I've had a lot of pressure when walking too, it's really uncomfortable, but the worst pain is in my feet at the moment :( Everyone looks really sorry for me when I say I have 2 months to go lol glad the pressure is better now xx

Steph - it sounds like you have a very chilled out little man, you are lucky!! He'll be a good sleeper when he's born hopefully too lol xx

Aaron and I went to the spot he proposed to me today and we walked around feeding the ducks and swans and then we went to starbucks for a lush hot chocolate. My feet are killing now though lol.. Benny is kicking away and I am officially waddling .. I looked like the ducks I was feeding :p

Hope you've all had a lovely day, Still no paper work here :( Really hoping it comes soon! :( I'm nervous to see what they say x

ukgirl: sounds like a nice romantic outing with OH! :) I love feeding ducks. We used to have a petting zoo where I grew up that was free to get into, and I used to love just wandering in there watching all the animals!

Steph: I get movements at weird times, and usually if I'm sitting forward working at a desk because I'm invading Peter's space! lol I've had some wicked heartburn the last few weeks though and it seems like no matter what I eat it sets it off. So I've been paying less attention to kicks and more attention to the fire in my chest. :nope:

AFM, it's Friday!!! Hurrrrrrray!

It's very icy out here right now, and even though I was walking extra slowly and carefully, I still managed to go skidding across a rather large section of ice on the sidewalk and bump into a parked car. :blush: Thankfully I didn't fall down, but I think I pulled my groin muscle on the right side in my attempts to stay on my feet. I iced it a bit when I got to work and it's starting to feel a little better, but it sure does hurt!

Tonight DH and I are off to celebrate a First Birthday. Our friend's little girl Eva turns one today and they're having ppl over for cake and ice cream. So that should be pretty fun I think. We bought her some foam building blocks, so hopefully no else picks up the same thing!

Oh NO doggylover i don't have anything for a baby anymore. I had my tubes tied 7 years ago and got rid of everything thinking i was done with having babies. Then 2 years ago i had my tubal reversal! But to be honest i already do have an idea of what we will never ever use and what we will so it does make buying her things easier!

Ukgirl awh how sweet that you guys go back there! I am romantic!

I didn't put Emma's name above her bed but it is above her closet as DD's is above hers also and it looks so cute.

Steph Emmaleigh is the rowdiest thing in the world and i never get any sleep anymore. Between her getting the hiccups and trying to kick her way out of my uterus i am up at night alot! I would like for her to chill out a bit like your LO.

Kealz I do that too. I had it earlier on also and DR said it was my RL pain from the weight of baby and being on my feet to long. So when it starts i just sit and rest for a bit.

Afm, LAZY DAY TODAY! I am so wore out and not lifting a freaking finger at all! DH pissed me off majorly as i was napping and he just kept on texting me over and over and over even when i told him i was napping. He just said hahaha sorry. Ass! So now i am up and stuffing my face with a bowl of chocolate rice crispy cereal.

yummm chocolate rice crispy cereal is my favorite Mommabrown!!!! :thumbup:
As much as i enjoy NOT being kept awake at night (at least not by kicks), it would be nice to know, that everything is fine :wacko:. Like I mentioned before, the doctors now have me on a weekly scan schedule, to make sure he is ok (because I told them that he does NOT move at night).
Enjoy your lazy day and just put your feet up!

Candy, I saw the picture of your hot chocolate and almost died!!! It looked amazing and I am super jealous :winkwink:
What a sweet man you have!
and btw, i'm sure the ducks thought you were mocking them :haha:
I still pretend like i'm walking normal, but its not far off, I can tell :haha:

ReadytoMum, careful on the ice :nope:. I had a friend that had to sleep sitting up for the last 3 months because her heartburn was so bad! I hope yours gets better really soon!

lol Steph it was gorgeous!! I need to go eat a rice crispy square thanks to you all now! lol x

I think its a nice idea having their name on the wall lol.

Ive been getting really sore period pains plus today my bump keeps tighting up and it was really sore again i was trying not to break down because they were pretty bad. I had no pain killers with me and i thought i had :( so i had to surfer until i got home i thought i need a number but now i think it was just trapped gas lol

Im now sitting on couch with hot water bottler on my tumm were i normally get period pain and had some paracetamol feel bit better now so glad im now down to 5 days left of work..

Speaking of active baby my little pudding has came to life as im now resting on the couch lol when my bump tightest up its like she's pushing out body out and i cant feel around her body lol.

Anyways think ill be having an early night today once ive watched all the soaps etc might have a bath before bed to xx

Woohoo I just picked up our stroller!!! Now I'm off to play with it and show it to DH!

I'm a happy mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->