April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Oh Candy, I hope you feel better soon!

DON'T have a warm bath, it makes circulation worse. Have some cold water splashed on your feet, move around, and then put your feet high up while laying on couch or bed.
Bananas will help with water retention, they have potassium. Drink water, it will make you pee and feel better! Hugs hun!!!

I will receive some free reusable wipes + an organic solution to wet them with a wet bag I ordered, we will see how it goes with those. I prefer washing a dirty booty in the sink with plain luke warm water to be honest, I remember washing my sis when she was a baby and it was easy. I was 10 back then btw and I managed just fine :happydance:

Yay on big boobies! Don't push them down it may cause problems with the glands in there, wear a comfy bra please!:winkwink:

i also went from cup A to cup D, crazy, I don't believe my boobies.

Baby is growing big and VERY strong, he keeps kicking me in the lower stomach and my coffee is coming up through my mouth eeew :(

Yeah I think at the end of the day water on wipes will be just fine, and glad to hear its worked in the past :thumbup:

I honestly can't believe how much better I feel in my new bras! I feel so silly for squishing myself into those smaller ones now, that cannot be healthy at all! I just didn't believe I would grow THAT much! Yay for us small chested ladies finally getting our big boobs!

Baby kicking you that hard is quite scary - just do what I do and tell him you'll kick him back twice as hard when he comes out and see how he likes it ;)

Candy: seriously be very careful today, if you are feeling light headed I would say phone the mw ASAP, and tell Aaron to take the kids to visit his family by himself.

the only thing I will say about just water on wipes is that even the disposable ones find it hard to deal with the sticky poo lol and the water might not be enough to make babies bum smell nice, but if you breast feed their poo doesn't smell anyway. I am thinking the cotton resuable cloth wipes will work much better anyway so yeh I guess you wouldn't need anything x

Aaron is going out with Lucas so just me and Con are home now, I don't feel light headed, I keep seeing light spots in my vision so I'm going to see if the swelling goes down and then ring in the evening if nothing helps, thank you for the tips lily xx

doggylover/lily: I wish my little boobs would wake up and get with the expansion program!! They weren't very noticable before, and now with the bump, I might as well not have any at all!! :nope: I wish they would at least go up one cup size, because then I have the option of a much larger band around instead of having to add three strap extenders just to make my regular ones fit still.

ukgirl: try to take it easy today! put your feet up for a bit and drink as much water as you can stand. I know I haven't been drinking enough the last week or two and I've noticed the swelling/tingling in the my hands and fingers has gotten worse. Must get back on that!

kealz: jealous you've been able to find some nice nursing bras! I tried looking for one the other day, but they were all way to big in the cup and much to tight around the band. :growlmad: sigh. I guess I'll give it a few more weeks and see if things change before going to look again! I really hate bra shopping.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :flower: I've got a couple of friends from undergrad coming over today that I haven't seen in ages to play some boardgames, and I'm really looking forward to catching up with them!

Lol about the bra's. I was a 38d and have gone up to a 40E cup now :(. But i think i have to go and get measured probably since i have never been measured lol i just try bra's on but i measure under the bust (back size) myself. I have added of those back extenders on this bra just now butt his bra is a 38E lol. Straps still fall down and the back bit still goes up :( i have big big boobs. Really wanna get those ones i keep seeing on tv. they have no wires in the and they are meant to be really good for supporting your boobs. my mum just got 3 of them so im going to see if she can get me some lol.

Ukgirl i hope you get a chance to put your feet up hun. :( and the swelling goes down xx

Candy I just came back from a prenatal yoga class: many ladies had swollen feet and what the instructor said was to lie in their bed, booty close to the headboard as possible, little blanket or pillow under hips, and feet high up resting on the wall, stay there for 10 min.
Like this:
https://extendyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/legs-up-the-wall-pose.jpg

then lie on your left side no pillows (elbow used as pillow) in fetal position for as long as you like, and then feet up again.repeat as needed...

I did some exercise for piles today, really weird stuff, but worked great and I feel a little better after a week of suffering...

Lily: that photo brings back memories of when we were ttc! I used to lie like that after we dtd for about 15 minutes!

Candy: how are you feeling now? I hope you and connie snuggled up and had a quiet time when the boys were out.

Readytomum: 3 bra extenders :shock: that cannot be easy to sort out getting on! Honestly, looking at me you wouldn't know my boobs had grown at all- my bump is too enormous!

Cherry: I've never gotten properly measured either, I'm just guessing! I can't believe you've gotten up to 40E :shock: that is impressive!

Afm: back from ikea with all our nursery furniture :happydance: I did throw a bit of a strop mid shop though :blush: I was just getting so frustrated with the curtain situation (let's just say I need two sets, and I have none) I got super grumpy!! But we ar home, furniture and all :)

Im size 16/18 in uk size i was before i lost weight 40D or 40DD think it depended on bra. But i then lost stone before i got pregnant and when to 38D so i lost bit around that area. i just gained it back again and my boobs filled out little extra lol. I really hoped they wouldnt grow to much lol. xx

thank you so much for the exercises lily!! I will do them after dinner :D I'll let you know if it works. I'm so glad that you are feeling better with the piles. They are a horrible thing to have :hugs: Did the nappy liners turn up yet? xx

Doggylover, I feel much better I'm still pretty swollen but you can tell it's gone down a bit so I'm not so worried now. Me and Connie had a lovely nap together :D The light spots have decreased a lot too. LOL at shop strops!! Did you get any curtains in the end? xx

Readytomum I'm drinking like a fish hehe.. I hope you have lots of fun with your friends tonight :) xxx

I'm still in a bit of a strop myself, the kids broke my phone charger and Aaron have broken the speaker system for my laptop and Grey's Anatomy is on tonight and my laptop speakers don't work!! Hoping dinner will lift me up out of it lol xx

I'm expecting the liner to arrive this week, I will let you know!

Doggy, yay on nursery furniture!!! I also got many things from Ikea too, crib, drawers and accessories.
I got these Eivor curtains: https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDc3WDQ0OA==/$%28KGrHqR,!hoE82zwnusKBPUr8WeiWg~~60_35.JPG

What did you get?

Candy glad to hear your legs aren't so swollen. Grr about not being able to watch Greys! Sounds like all your kids (inc Aaron!) have been clumsy today! And nope, still no curtains have been bought.

Cherry hopefully the won't grow anymore after Paige gets here! And then go back down again quickly!

Lily: we got a rocker for the nursery (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S09861009/#/S29861013 it wasn't that expensive though!) our cot (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50208366/) and a mattress, a chest of drawers (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00067830/) as the main bits, and then managed to get a little bin for our nappies, and some bits and bobs for other places round the house. I actually love those curtains, I'm going to look and see if we have them here and if I can get them!!!

Ready have fun tonight! Board game night with friends is always a great time :)

Lily those curtains are gorgeous! Love them. Doggy that rocker looks sooo nice and comfy too!

Uk you just aren't having the luck these last few days! Hang in there!

I am up to a 38F with a little extra room for when milk comes in :( they aren't snug yet but I know they will be after LO arrives. I was so miserable about them I cut the tags out so I wouldn't be reminded.

Well ladies I've just braved the lady garden (erm... jungle!) and mother of god was it a workout. Tmi but I am usually totally bare and let's just say when I stopped being able to see it around 16 or so weeks it was out of sight out of mind! I had to stop every 30 seconds or so because leaning over the bump was making me breathless and giving me heartburn from hell, and the array of positions I contorted myself into... it makes me tired just thinking about it. I did it pretty much blind so had to enlist the help of DH to check it out and tell me if I had any patches left! There was no dignity but I feel better now that it's bare again LOL. I think I'll try to do a once over every other weekend or so until I go into labor - I managed the same last pregnancy and it made me feel a lot less 'yuck' when giving birth and especially dealing with postpartum bleeding/pads/stitches etc.

I am exhausted!

Ladies: I have updated the front page to make it a little more friendly for us regulars. It has a list of due dates, and I took out all the dates which were left empty after I moved any non-regular posters.

What's exciting is that sometime in the next month I imagine I'll have to start adding new arrivals!!!!!

Well ladies I've just braved the lady garden (erm... jungle!) and mother of god was it a workout. Tmi but I am usually totally bare and let's just say when I stopped being able to see it around 16 or so weeks it was out of sight out of mind! I had to stop every 30 seconds or so because leaning over the bump was making me breathless and giving me heartburn from hell, and the array or positions I contorted myself into... it makes me tired just thinking about it. I did it pretty much blind so had to enlist the help of DH to check it out and tell me if I had any patches left! There was no dignity but I feel better now that it's bare again LOL. I think I'll try to do a once over every other weekend or so until I go into labor - I managed the same last pregnancy and it made me feel a lot less 'yuck' when giving birth and especially dealing with postpartum bleeding/pads/stitches etc.

I am exhausted!

:rofl: I laughed so much at this!! Well done on getting it sorted...I gave mine a trim about two weeks ago and it was just horrific trying to figure out what the hell is going on when you can't see!!

I am lying in bed now recovering! Hahahaha. Thank god DS is napping!

Thanks for sorting the front page - much easier now to see what's going on!

I'm in the US, east coast (EST) if anyone wants to be my text buddy :flow:

ooh i go have a peek lol..

I know how you feel about your lady garden hun. Ive gave up usually keep it trim as im like you not keen on the yukest... lol need not say no more on that.

Think im going to bed early i can barely keep my eyes open now. been up since 7.30 and its the weekend :( month of march il going to get my sleep back i hope lol x

Hi ladies!! Gosh I'm not sure where this week has disappeared too!

I have lots of reading/catching up todo...but ill be upto date ASAP! So bear with me lol

Doggylover the front page looks fab!!!! I will know Wednesday if my c section is going to be 7th or 14th march eeeeek!!! Can't believe we are all nearly fully cooked :)

As for the lady garden ...well OMG what a nightmare I'm usually bare too but now just 'tufty' oh won't help and there is only so much you can do - bless I was having a hormonal moment and crying to mum and she offered to help Hahahaha OMG I would die! But lovely offer!

Candy I'm so sorry you are having a rough time :( hoping the swelling has gone down and you managed a relaxing day!

Lilly I love the curtains!

Doggylover I live all the thing you have for nursery it will look fabulous in sure!

I'm ok - still ment to be resting...no more scary pains or water loss phew!! Being rescanned Wednesday and hoping for good news and that my fluid has improved and placenta is still doing its job!

I should be able to keep more in touch now as planning to stay out if hospital lol spent too much time there already!

Hope everyone is ok!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->