April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hmm maybe those honey sticks would be good for after labour when u need a sugar/energy boost? Or even in night when up all night... Just a thought although I can't find them in the uk....?

I thought I use my nappy bags for dirty things- divi think they will be big enough?

Also jut realised I haven't put any snacks in my bag.... Any ideas ladies for after my section.... I'm allergic to nuts so can't do those or most cereal bars?!

Great stuff Nimbec! I will get my date at my Consultant appointment on 15th March, but is likely to be end of march, you will be a mummy by then!
As for snacks, honestly just take what you fancy, its a little different as you havent had all the hours of labour and you should get offered some toast or somthing at the hospital anyway afterwards, im taking pate to go on mine! lol
I love the idea of honey sticks too!
I agree with ukgirl probably stick a couple of carrierss in , doubt nappy bags will be big enough.

My hospital bag consists of... 3 nighties..4 pairs of BIG high up knickers, breast pads, maternity pads, toiletries, toothpaste/brush, and will pack some snacks, kindle, mags etc and some loose trackies to come home in. Nimbec remember you will want minimul agravation on your stitchs and they wont want you in pjs as they like to be able to check it easy

Thanks hun that's really helpful!! I'm going to go out tomorrow an but my snacks and possibly another nighty as I hate the ones I bought (they where a bargain) but I wouldn't want visitors seeing me in them! Lol!

Eek time is flying!

Hopefully we can all keep in touch when all our Lo's are here!!

Really recomend the huge knickers, not just for hospital but for afterwards, normal knickers sit right where your stichs will be and the last thing you want is any rubbing in that area. I was really lucky last time and healed really quick. i had disolvable stiches not staples so that made things easier and the scar is so small and neat its hardly noticable.
I got my knickers at BHS, Huge granny bashers!

sweetpea: Thanks for the info on Taurus!! I guess I'll just have to wait and see which on Peter ends up being.

nimbec: Piccys yes please! I love looking at everyone else's nurseries to see what they done. :thumbup:

ukgirl: I see things like that happen so often with parents/caregivers totally ignoring their children, usually to play on their phone/tablet/ipod etc. and it drives me crazy too. Is your technology really more exciting and important than your child?! BAH. People aggravate me sometimes. And sometimes they aggravate me a lot! :haha:

My attemps to find shoes were still mostly un-successful. I found a pair of silver flip-flop sandals which I bought, because it looks like that's the best I'm going to get at this rate! Let's just hope it really warms up in the next two weeks, because we got another snow storm last night, and the thought of wearing flip flops outside in this weather is CRAZY.

Well I jut had a bath...big mistake! The intention wa to shave all areas and well let's say I achieved none! Then had to shout oh as I was literally stuck I couldn't get out...I nearly had a real panic as I thought he had gone out to the shops lol lol instead he just laughed hysterically at me before helping haha I looked like a dead fly stuck on its back !!!

:rofl: I shouldn't laugh but just the thought of that is hilarious! Your e lucky oh didn't take photographic evidence before helping! And yes, I agree with Melissa and I demand pictures of your nursery ASAP!

Cherry: we'll have baby in with us for he first few months anyway, so Paige definitely isn't missing out on not having a separate room. And just think how lovely it'll be to have her so close by :cloud9:

Liam's mom: glad to hear all is generally well with Jackson, even if he is going to be a big boy! And like you say, some extra peeks at him are always going to be welcome! Make sure and keep us up to date with all your news lady!

Sweetpea: uh oh if nesting is kicking in maybe baby will be arriving sooner than you thought?! Cross those legs until you reach term, especially after you have your last injection!

Candy: I honestly never would have thought of a wipe warmer, or of the temperature of my wipes at all! Although to be fair I wouldn't like cold water being out on my butt lol! Sorry to hear about court costs meaning you can't get your scan :( but benson will be here soon, and hopefully the court costs will be worth it when you are able to keep contact at the centre, and it'll all be worth it in the end :hugs:

Melissa and nimbec, buddied up on the front page!!

Readytomum: sorry to hear about your unsuccessful shoe shopping (again). Have you looked online to find anything?

Hospital bags: mine isn't started. LOs clothes aren't even washed yet for theirs! I'm planning on doing that next weekend if I have time (work stuff may have to take precedence until maternity leave) but candy thanks for the tip about plastic bags! So sensible, yet not something I'd have thought of! :thumbup:

Hospital snacks: this is the only thing I do know about for my hospital bag lol! I plan on packing lots of dried fruit, because I love having sweet stuff like cranberries, and they are supposed to be good in helping things get moving again in the...digestion area afterwards! So I'll be packing a few bags of those to snack on during and after labour. I'm also planning on packing some cereal bar type bits and bobs, and flapjacks as I heard oats are good for helping milk production. I did ask dh whether I should make some sandwiches, but he pointed out that that's totally stupid, and they'd probably be off by the time I go into labour :blush:

Had a great time at afternoon tea :) we went out to a hotel, which is actually where my sister got married. its really lovely there, and their afternoon tea is delicious! my mum and SIL both got me some little gifts which was nice. Nothing major, just little bits more for me than LO. And the nursery is now half painted and I love it :mrgreen: can't wait to have it all done!

Has anyone else been more tired lately? I know it's probably because we have guests at the minute, but yesterday and today I am just exhausted!

Sorry for that mammoth post...!

Yeah we have her cot right next to the bed lol so i can hop out if i need to but ill be putting her moses basket in there for the first few months.

Ooh at the moment i just bought a new nightie for laboring in. I always have a old one but i may buy another because my old one clings to me lol.

As for the hospital bag i have: 2 nights, 3 pairs of socks 2 of which are fluffy sleeping ones lol 5 pairs of black knickers pj's buttons but im hoping to buy another pair in black. 10 maternity pads and few breats pads. toiletry bag and ill probs wear whatever up home as my coming home outfit but i may grab another pair of leggins to come home in.

Funny story about the bath lol Yes defo get someone to help you out but i think i need help getting in lol I stood in then went onto my knees but when i tried to sit all the water spashed out the back of the tub :| lol Made a right mess. Cant remember if it was this thread or another talking about shaving your whoo haa area... Yup defo had to do it all blind and my legs didnt even need done they have been pretty slow growing threw pregnancy :)

Ive been getting pretty tired alot lately to. But i some how always wake up around 7.30-8am and get tired around 8pm lol

Feel so relaxed after that bath :)

Cherry where did you get your nighties? I'm saving trouble finding ones I like and are suitable!

Haha yup I had my big mama knickers - oh saw me pack them the other day and was like what the ****are those all about?! My response well u never seemed interested in my skimpy thongs tee Hee Hee (he's not an underwear man - prefers them in the floor ;) ) however te granny pants may be a step too far lol!!

Plastic bags are now in my bag - thankyou!

Doggylover I have to say the whole episode was hilarious not laughed so much in ages!

I'm pleased you had a lovely afternoon! I love afternoon tea all the little cakes and sandwiches yum yum yum!!

I'm absolutely shattered all the time now...I've been told its perfectly normal in 3rd tri :(

Well I've had a bit if anxiety tonight ....serious anxiety about being a mum I ant believe in 3 weeks I will be a mummy and I suddenly have this overwhelming feeling that I haven't got a clue and I'm going to be useless!! irrational fear and preggy hormones maybe but seriously it has just dawned on me life will never be the same again (in a good way don't get me wrong!) I hope this is normal feeling this way and I'm not a loon!!

Nimbec :hugs: you have nothing to worry about at all. People always say babies are very forgiving, so even when us FTM make mistakes, they will let us know and will be just fine, and we will know to do things differently next time. I think it's hard for all us FTM especially as we have no real idea what the heck is going to happen to our lives! But you and oh will do a wonderful job - trust yourselves and trust that LO will keep you both on the right track.

I could have eaten forever at afternoon tea today :haha: usually I come away absolutely stuffed...not today! I am going to be so fat soon!

My LO is freaking out in there tonight. It's actually quite painful what they are getting up to! Lots of sharp little elbows and fingers are scrapping my insides. One of the most painful things my LO does is poke my belly button - obviously from the inside. That hurts so much!

When DS was born i seriously didnt even know how to change a nappy let alone anything else. You are not alone thinking that i reckon the majority do, its hard to explain but when you see and hold your baby in your arms instinct will kick in and you will be a fantastic mummy!

Doggylover, im seriously knackered all the time too...

Ahhhhh girls!! So fast! Right I hope you're all on tonight so I can chirp in with you! OH is watching 2 Fast 2 Furious so Im having a NAUGHTY coffee!! :coffee:

I'm excited, I ordered some new nursing bras, two nursing vests and two regular pregnancy vest tops from H&M, and they arrived today. The bras are a 38D and I thought they'd be waaaay too big in the cup at the minute....they fit perfectly! I've been squeezing into a 34/36C! No wonder my back hurts sometimes and feels better when I undo the bra! And the vest tops are so comfy! Plus because they are tight they make me look ready to pop, so I may wear one for when my in laws arrive tomorrow to shock them :haha:

I took my maternity bras back to Mothercare today. They were not comfy at all and made my boobs look pointy! I am really struggling to find any... doing my head in! :dohh:

the only thing I will say about just water on wipes is that even the disposable ones find it hard to deal with the sticky poo lol and the water might not be enough to make babies bum smell nice, but if you breast feed their poo doesn't smell anyway. I am thinking the cotton resuable cloth wipes will work much better anyway so yeh I guess you wouldn't need anything x

Oh yeah sticky poo!!! You forget about these things! Vaseline at every nappy change works a treat! Nothing sticks then. :thumbup: I am however a bit concerned about having to wipe a mooey! I have obviously wiped my own for 20+ years now hahahhaa so have had some practice but I am used to cleaning boys bits of poo... no cracks and crannys! :shrug:

Lol about the bra's. I was a 38d and have gone up to a 40E cup now :(. But i think i have to go and get measured probably since i have never been measured lol i just try bra's on but i measure under the bust (back size) myself. I have added of those back extenders on this bra just now butt his bra is a 38E lol. Straps still fall down and the back bit still goes up :( i have big big boobs. Really wanna get those ones i keep seeing on tv. they have no wires in the and they are meant to be really good for supporting your boobs. my mum just got 3 of them so im going to see if she can get me some lol.

Ukgirl i hope you get a chance to put your feet up hun. :( and the swelling goes down xx

Oh love, I feel your pain!! :flower: I am normally a 40E. Sometimes an F. Mine are exploding and at a guess I would say a cup size bigger already. I am going to change to camisol bras soon so I dont have to worry about cup size. Dreading the milk coming in!

Nimbec I'm glad that things are looking better now. Fingers crossed for fluid levels and placenta function! xx

oosweetpea.. I done mine 2 days ago, I didn't have a clue where I was going with the razor haha, I have no idea what it looks like down there.. hopefully there's no tufty bits!! LOL

randomly with my other 2 pregnancies my hair grew at twice the speed. With this little guy I only need to shave about once a month or so, my hair is growing in super slowly.

Maybe I'm giving birth to chewbacca.. all the hair ingredients are going to him to form a super hairy chewbacca baby!! eeeek!!

hahahaha chewbacca. :haha: Bless him. I am getting OH to do my bits now. i cant even breathe in anymore to see it!

Also love Pierce very much in Mama Mia, Aaron said Pierce should never sing, he should only walk around with a gun and shoot people. haha

This is exactly what my OH said! Boys eh!

I took my 2 to the park this morning and this girl was there with her friend and their 2 boys, her son was about 15 months old and she just plonked him down in the sand and started playing with her friend on the round about see-saw thing and then she went on her phone with her back to her kid while the other one who was a few months older started climbing up the metal slide steps on his own. She looked over then got a sandwich out and started eating that. He walked towards the exit gate and she finally got up plonked him back in the sand and went back on her phone... seriously... why bother having a kid if you don't look after it properly! grrrr!!

OMFG. That is so horrible! Some people just cant be bothered. :nope: Its so sad, poor little guy.

Hi Melissa bump that sounds fab! Do you have an approx week for your section? Doggylover please can you add us as buddies?

Hmm I'm in a pickle with hospital bag I just don't know how much stuff to take grrr te only positive is that oh can bring extra in wen visiting as ill be in for a while plus there is a tescos 10mins away from hospital so if I have not got the right baby stuff ill sen him there ...or actually prob send my mum lol!

Ladies having a bath..make sure you have someone at hand to pull you out ;) !
I must take a piccy of nursery too as its all finished :) :) :)

YAY more bump buddies!!! :happydance:

I really need to start thinking about getting a bag packed. Its so exciting to start pulling things together.

Please let us see some piccies! I love looking at other peoples nurserys.

I must have missed your post about a possible induction? I read somewhere abotu fluid levels, fill me in hun? I am measuring high too. :hugs:

Really recomend the huge knickers, not just for hospital but for afterwards, normal knickers sit right where your stichs will be and the last thing you want is any rubbing in that area. I was really lucky last time and healed really quick. i had disolvable stiches not staples so that made things easier and the scar is so small and neat its hardly noticable.
I got my knickers at BHS, Huge granny bashers!

I cannot second this more!!!! I bought loads of M&S knickers and I still wear them now! hahah :blush: But they were a godsend after giving birth.

Well I've had a bit if anxiety tonight ....serious anxiety about being a mum I ant believe in 3 weeks I will be a mummy and I suddenly have this overwhelming feeling that I haven't got a clue and I'm going to be useless!! irrational fear and preggy hormones maybe but seriously it has just dawned on me life will never be the same again (in a good way don't get me wrong!) I hope this is normal feeling this way and I'm not a loon!!

This is soooo totally normal hun. I am still having these feelings second time round. More so than with Campbell. It is a scary thing but also the most wonderful adventure you'll ever be on! It will come naturally xxx

Teamo, actually i agree 2nd time round too, except along with those feelings i have the "guilt" feelings of compromising DS and his attention.

^^ OMG yes. I have terrible feelings of guilt. Its so hard to explain. I feel like Campbell didn't ask for a sibling, he just needs his Mom and Dad and now we have chosen to turn his life upside down. I dont want him to feel left out, but then I dont want to overcompensate either. Its a fine line!! He will be an awesome big bro but its sooooo worrying at the same time. xx

TeAmo the H&M bras do have an unfortunate seam thing going on, which makes it constantly look like my nipples are poking through :haha: but they flatten with a bit of a stretch and pull! I would definitely recommend them as they are very comfy. They are thin, not padded at all, which I know some people hate. I have never heard the phrase "mooey" before :rofl: I love that! I'm worried about that too if I have a girl. At least when wiping little boys you are wiping the poo off the bits and bobs, I'm terrified with a girl I'll miss a bit, or worse yet, wipe it INTO somewhere it shouldn't be. Going to have to be super careful (if I do have a girl, if its a boy I'm a little more practised in that)

I bought some awesomely large pants from Matalan. I always wear pants that are a size too big anyway, I like them comfy!! So I have a feeling these will be my new faves!

I havent looked in H&M, I automatically thought they wouldnt have bras big enough for my BAZOOOONGAS. haha. I will have a nosy tomorrow when I am in town.

Mooey.. its a great word. My husband has elegently taught my son to call his willy 'junk'. NIIICE. err..:dohh: But yes, I have the same worry. When they poo is literally goes everywhere!!! Not a nice thought. I think OH is even more concerned about this thought. lol.

OOOh big pants. They are the way forward! xx

His junk?! Oh nooo! That's awful!

I buy my H&M stuff online as their maternity section in Belfast is crappy, so might be worth having a look on there if you don't find anything in store.

Just decided to watch an episode of one born every minute. The girl on it has pretty incredible stretch marks. What is everyone else's stretch mark situation doing? As far as I can tell (from my viewing of the top of my bump!) I don't seem to have any. Do they all come in the last few weeks?

I was talking about stretch marks today with OH. I got them in the last 8 weeks with Campbell, right at the top of my bump but no where else. I am bound to get them again. OH said not to worry, there is a good reason behind me getting them <3 bless him. hehe.

Yes Junk is cute briefly... but not if he says it outside. lmao. shocker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->