April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I had that whooping cough to i must have been giving like 5 leaflets on it lol but i couldnt find them to say what the 4 things in it was lol but mines turned into a bruise and was sore for few days the day after i got it my arm was nu,b and i had little melt down at work lol

AFM midwife called for me to ring back but ryan forgot to tell me yesterday so they rang again today lol and i was working so when i tried to call it rang out and into voicemail so ill just call tomorrow morning lol its to do with my blood temp being high . she wants to know if i had something to eat before my app and i did lol whoops x

Yeah the US one doesn't have Polio in it. The last time I had a polio booster it was the oral sugar cube variety... mmmm no sore arm for that one :haha: Although I guess eating dead polio germs is less than appetizing if you think about it.... so I will just not think about it!

It does have diptheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough), they call it the TDap. You might also have gotten MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) beforehand Steph. That is one they usually give the minute you say you are going to start TTC as if you get german measles while preggo that can cause complications, miscarriage, birth defects etc. I got that one too when TTC. Make sure they gave your DH the whooping cough one. I read that you can't get LO the vax until 2 months and if they get it before they are 2 months old the hospitalization rate is 70% :nope: how scary.

Your glider looks lovely and cozy. And you will use it for a long time, so worth getting what you like.

So, the replacement piece for my bookcase arrived after 3 weeks of waiting, just in time for my shower on Saturday. Except of course it is the wrong piece. So now my issue has been passed along to the manufacturer and they have asked it to be "expedited". I won't hold my breath. Bunch of morons.

Haha at your bitchy neighbour Steph!!! Lol

did your vac include dipheria? Xx

TeAmo answered that for me (good thing too, because I had no clue :haha:) :thumbup:.

That would make sense tooTeAmo, I was starting to wonder if I only imagined getting the shot (with no pain an all lol).

Lily: I can't believe that your dr didn't tell you about the classes, especially if he knows what sort of birth you want. What sense is that? :shrug: he sounds like he is only interested in doing it his way or not at all. But thank goodness you've been able to get into the class and will hopefully end up better prepared for the birth you want. I can't believe people have been so rude about your face :growlmad: I think the only people who would say to me are my mum and sis, and never in a mean way. It comes back to this thing that people think they can say whatever they want to a pregnant woman without consequences. At least your male friends are supportive - and since men usually say it as it is, you know that they are right!

Readytomum: lol at your student feedback. Basically "do our work for us and make our lives easy please!" Yep, x-box is a big problem at our school. The boys at obsessed and spend hours on it every night and I would guess a maximum of an hr on school work in what is the most important school year they have had so far :dohh: pity you don't get to meet with your college students parents and tell them how lazy their kids are being at the expensive college they are possibly paying for :haha:

Candy: fat faces run in the family...my sisters pictures of her first 5 years are something to marvel at :haha: but it's all for the greater good. And to be honest, I'm still stuffing my face with all sorts of bad stuff so I'm clearly not bothered enough to give anything up! After my jab I was exhausted, but I'm not sure if that was due to lack of sleep as I slept so badly because my arm hurt. But the next morning I got up and was so tired that I cried. And after work that night I had to go straight to bed. If you aren't feeling better tomorrow I'd say contact your dr, as I felt fine the second day after the jab, although my arm was still very sore.

Kirstabelle: all your additional weight must be boobs and bump!! I have now gained almost 28lbs, and I'm really hoping not to gain too much more! And I second your thing about people's stories being the worst thing about pregnancy.

I might make my oh get the whooping cough vaccine...just so he experiences the pain I did :rofl:

Our nursery is painted!!! And the furniture is all up! (Ok , they are building the last few drawers for the dresser right now...) but its almost done, and I LOVE it :cloud9: it's exactly what I wanted and imagined. We are putting the wall decal up tomorrow, so I'll take some pics then. It won't be totally finished as SIL has still got to make the curtains, and we are putting some pictures of family on the wall, but more or less done!

Im really funny when it comes to jabs... when I was three I had my pre school boosters and the gp used a dirty needle which caused blood poisoning and problems in my appendix. I have to watch them take the needle out of the packet now and Im really observant over mine and the kids injection points.. I think this is the worst jab Ive had since the one that hospitalized me lol.. not even that horrid bcg one was this bad! I read my leaflet and it says side effects liek sore throat and fevers are normal so I will hold on.

oooh doggylover cant wai to see pics of your nursery!!!

Steph I saw that hehe... its weird how one ingredient can cause such horrible effects in a vac tbat should be the same! Xx

Aww yes show us your nursery! I love looking at them :)

I have been on edge all day. I had a lovely day with Cam yesterday but realised last night I hadnt felt baby moving at all. She did move a bit last night but not a lot. Today she has been so quiet, I have barely felt her at all and have been panicking if I am honest. :(

She seems to have perked up tonight but I am wondering whether to call the midwife tomorrow to be sure.

Oh my gosh candy, I cannot believe a GP used a dirty needle :shock: that's so horrific! I'm not surprised you are watchful about all your family jabs now,I think that's totally justified!!

Im really funny when it comes to jabs... when I was three I had my pre school boosters and the gp used a dirty needle which caused blood poisoning and problems in my appendix. I have to watch them take the needle out of the packet now and Im really observant over mine and the kids injection points.. I think this is the worst jab Ive had since the one that hospitalized me lol.. not even that horrid bcg one was this bad! I read my leaflet and it says side effects liek sore throat and fevers are normal so I will hold on.

oooh doggylover cant wai to see pics of your nursery!!!

Steph I saw that hehe... its weird how one ingredient can cause such horrible effects in a vac tbat should be the same! Xx

mine is still bugging me. so annoying xx

Yeah the US one doesn't have Polio in it. The last time I had a polio booster it was the oral sugar cube variety... mmmm no sore arm for that one :haha: Although I guess eating dead polio germs is less than appetizing if you think about it.... so I will just not think about it!

So, the replacement piece for my bookcase arrived after 3 weeks of waiting, just in time for my shower on Saturday. Except of course it is the wrong piece. So now my issue has been passed along to the manufacturer and they have asked it to be "expedited". I won't hold my breath. Bunch of morons.

I will have to check at the next appointment, but I do know for sure that we both got the Whopping cough vaccine (it came with a super long speech from my doctor about the risks for LO being exposed after birth).

As for you shelf: WTF!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that! Things like that get me so frustrated! Glad it is not part if the crib (since you depend on having that complete before LO gets here).

Aww yes show us your nursery! I love looking at them :)

I have been on edge all day. I had a lovely day with Cam yesterday but realised last night I hadnt felt baby moving at all. She did move a bit last night but not a lot. Today she has been so quiet, I have barely felt her at all and have been panicking if I am honest. :(

She seems to have perked up tonight but I am wondering whether to call the midwife tomorrow to be sure.

WSS ^^^ we need pics!!!! :happydance:

TeAmo if you are worried hun then call xxx I hope she kicks up a storm after you read this lol xx

Benson has been really quiet today I think he is also sleepy after that vaccine too xx

Ooh yes doggylover! We need pics. :thumbup: So glad it's come together the way you were hoping. I still get little happy bursts whenever I walk past the nursery because I'm just so happy with it! :cloud9:

ukgirl: Your GP gave you blood poisioning by using a dirty needle when you were a kid?! :shock: Of ALL people they should know better than that! That's horrendus.

kirstabelle: That's maddening about your bookshelf piece! I certainly hope they get it right and get it quickly to you this time!

AFM, I'm waiting till 5:00 so I can call the after-hours clinic here to see about getting an appointment tonight. I've had some really persistant tingling and numbness in my hands/fingers the last few days and I feel like it's getting worse! It used to just be at night while sleeping, and then when I woke up it would go away over the course of the morning. But now it stays around all day, and my hands feel kind of funny... sort of like they're half asleep, especially the top pad of my fingers. So I called Tele-health Ontario (like a phone service of nurses who can recommend what you should do) to see if it was worth making an appointment for, and they suggested I try to get in tonight to get seen. Hopefully it's nothing too important!!

Readytomum yeh this was early nineties when they steralized the needles instead of using new ones. He used one he had used on a previous patient. I woke up the next day looking like a pregnant toddler.. they injected us in the bum back then and my injection point was bright red and sore and swelling up infront of my parents eyes. I had to be on a drip in hospital for a week and have extra injections. I was about three years old. I wish my parents had sued them I could have been loaded now! The doctors in the hospital said that they hadnt seen anything like it before and the last case was during victorian times! I dont know how he got away with it he should have been fired. Totally reckless but goes to show even they fuck up xx

I hope you get an appointment tonight and they can reassure you xx

Teamo definitely call your mw if you are worried. Better safe than sorry. And do the usual tricks - cold drinks before lying on your side, and eat a shed load of sugar to try and get her moving.

Readytomum: that doesn't sound pleasant at all, fingers crossed you get an appointment tonight and that its nothing serious at all.

I will get some pics when the wall decal is up to share with you all :) and in daylight too- I just tried to take some but the iPhone camera and regular light from a bulb don't mix so well.

Doggy can't wait to see pics!

Ready hopefully LO starts moving for you - doggy gave good ideas to try. I've noticed that after the quiet days my bump seems a little bigger so I'm taking them as a growth spurt. Good idea to give mw a ring if LO doesn't perk up though just to ease your mind.

Teamo the English versions aren't on TV here but I have watched quite a few eps online. On the epidural thing in the US - it seems that way on the show for sure! They are used pretty frequently however it seems to be on the downward trend as natural birthing is starting to get really popular again. It also depends on area/region and from hospital to hospital - many hospitals are starting to support natural birthing ALOT more than before so that's really nice. Even in the 2 years since I've had DS it seems like the support and info for natural birthing options are much more readily available now than they were then.

Uk urggggg your story makes my stomach turn! Poor you!

Kirsta you may be better off planting a tree, chopping it down when it's grown, and whittling your own shelf! Morons!

Momma I'm negative 17 lbs from when I started and the drs aren't concerned. I was about 35 lbs overweight for my height when I got pg so I think that's why it's not a big deal - however if you are on the small side to begin with I could see how not gaining could be a concern. Although I will say I have had growth scans every 4 weeks from 20 weeks on, so they know that baby is growing well (originally to monitor her growth due to being squished into half a uterus) and I don't know if that assurance wasn't there how they would feel about me losing weight, iykwim - they may have had me get growth scans for the weight reason anyway.

This is totally TMI but I feel like I may have lost a little bit of plug today... The past 2-3 weeks there has def been more discharge but today it seemed a lot more and like little pieces. I don't know how much is normal bc with DS I had a cerclage (which can really increase discharge) so I've just been keeping an eye on it. With DS my plug all came out at once and it was NASTY and HUGE and this def isn't like that but it is more than what I've been having. Doesn't seem like thrush or an infection, just normal but more in amount! I have an appt Thursday so I'm def going to ask about it then - it's just freaking me out bc I lost my plug with DS and had him 2 days later! I was contracting irregularly though with him when I lost it and am not having anything like that now. My last cervix check at 31 weeks I was 70% effaced and cervix was very soft but not dilated - this little lady better be staying put for at least 3 more weeks dammit!

Sweetpea I hope its not your plug and just an increase in discharge. Ive personally never seen mynplug except from when I was pregnant with Connie and it come out at about 27 weeks but I still went over due with her. I didn't even have a plug when my waters went :/ Im hoping though that its not your plug and that she will stay in there a few more weeks atleast. If you go over 37 weeks will they induce you then or let you go to 40-42 weeks? xxx

Hope its not your plug either, or at least if it is that it will be different from your DS and this LO will stay in anyway. I can just see me whittling my own bookshelf while in labor in an attempt to have my nursery done before LO arrives. I wrote them a nasty email this morning so now I will probably never get it. If I don't hear back within a week that it is on its way to me, I am calling Amex and opening a dispute as I do not have the merchandise I paid for and they can deal with Amex. Ha!

That is crazy about the infection you got for a vaccine UK Girl! When I was 10 I fractured my wrist and had a cast on it. The nurse was using an electric saw to cut the cast off and I started to feel pain while she was doing it and yelled out and then when she stopped I refused to put my arm back on the table. The nurse was such a bitch and said that the saw just makes a "warm feeling and that there was nothing wrong" but my mum believed me and told the bitch nurse that she would need to find some other way to remove my cast, so the nurse had to resort to big scissors and made a big stink about how much more difficult it was for her. Once she got my cast off my hand was bleeding where she had been sawing. Know what she said? "Oh, it did get you" Not even "oh, sorry I almost cut your hand off!!" I wish we had sued them. I didn't even get a band aid. I still have a scar. Its my right hand and everything. Thank goodness my mum believed me and wouldn't let her keep going!

If I make it I'll be induced between 39-40 weeks because of GD and placenta breakdown from it - though I do not want to be induced if at all possible so if I make it that far I'll be requesting monitoring over immediate induction. Honestly I haven't given it much thought because all drs are convinced I won't make it that far but you never know! When they told me about the induction timeframe she said that all they would probably have to do is break my water since my cervix is already pretty favorable for labor and I still have 6 weeks until induction would be an issue

Kirsta what the hell! I would've grabbed the saw and gotten that nurse back mwahaha!

I think you can imagine the kid of evil stare a 10 year old would give you after sawing part of their hand :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->