April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

wow nimbec!!! thats insane!! As Doggylover said though he should be prepared thanks to the steriods. I can't believe how exciting that is as well as scarey. I agree with Doggylover, rest means REST!! sit your ass down and make your man do all the work and if he doesn't tell your mum to give him a swift kick up the backside! He needs to look after you now. xxxx

My Norwegian papers are here and it is very emotional reading I have possibly 700 pages to translate asap so may not be on for a while but I will keep popping in and stalking away occasionally chip in :) xxxxxxx

Oh no! Do you have to translate all 700 pages? I'm happy to hear that they all got there but geez!! I hope it turns out a breeze.... This is not the time for you to stress... You have enough stress with this stupid UTI (which I am hoping has not returned)!

Well it just took me 2 and a half hours to read through them all.. with pauses to cry haha.. A few of them I have already translated, and a few are in English or duplicate but I still have about 600 pages to translate plus a 10 page police report of when he threw a computer at me lol... I read his phone call conversations to the child protection office and I got so mad!! He lied so much!! for example one night he was at my house and he started to say some shit to me again so I asked him to leave and he started shouting OUCH Don't hit me!!! even though I was 10 feet away from him and didn't touch him, then he told CPS that I kicked him and slapped his face :/ Also he said that his parents couldn't come and see Connie because I throw things at them :/ What the actual fuck???? He's such a liar I have never thrown anything at him. And the night that he accused me of hitting him was the night he threw me down in the sofa and slapped my leg when I was pregnant with Lucas... what a cock jockey! Sorry needed to rant! lol x

WTF Candy!! That is horrible! What a manipulative *******!!!!!! He will get what he deserves... One day :growlmad:
Just try to relax and set yourself a goal of maybe 40 pages a day.. That way you should be done in 15 days ?!?:shrug: I do truly hope, that it turns out quicker then you thought and you can start moving on with your new wonderful OH!!!

Thank you, I need to get it done within the next week so I'll be non stop with it now. Shouldn't take too long I hope. I really hope they see through his tricks. He really is an arsehole! x x

Thankyou so much for your support ladies!!!!!! :)

Ukgirl so sorry you have to read this shit!! What a git!!!!!! Be strong the truth will come out eventually it just seems so far away!

Grr the American maternity system seem so unfair that's hardly any time to prepare for you baby and bond. Fx you manage to negotiate something hun!!

Right just done simple dinner told oh house is staying a mess (cue led balloon!) and am sat in sofa!! Oh had awful day at work today we have lost one of our big clients - couldn't be any worse timing!!! Do I need to make some calls for him tomorrow which I will do from my BED! :) going to see if we can get a cleaner to come in the day before I come home from hospital to clean around for me! For the sake if £40 it will make me relax!!

Hope you are all ok! I will keep in touch!

Awww nimbec sorry to hear you didnt have a good app today. i hope those steroids help muture baby's lungs to xxx.

Ukgirl sorry to hear you have so much to read through :(

Just had 4 pages to read there lol trying to keep my eyes open to read them was hard lol. but i got there :)

AFM: im down to 2 days left now:) yay! but today ive had a really sore foot not sure if it was just a trapped nerve or i stretched it out to much through the night lol but i was causing me problems all day :(

Hope everyone else had a good day to. xxx

Nimbec well done for doing dinner. I know how you feel about not being able to relax when the house is a mess so a cleaner sounds like a good idea xxx

Oh wow Nimbec so sorry to hear about your appointment not going as planned, next week is so close!! However 35 weeks everything still should be fine long term and they will be well prepared so that is something. Fingers crossed he hangs around a little longer though! And like the others said, complete rest please! No cooking and worrying about house work! This is your section buddy talking! Saying that.. hes my number... 07841449595. So you can contact me if you need to and il update the ladies on here. x

Readytomum, i had terrible carpal tunnel with my last pregnancy and had to wear splints from about 20 weeks. This time ive had slight tingles but nothing else and havent had to wear the splints at all, its weird how pregancys can differ in that respect. It totally went away afterwards though.

UKgirl, sorry to hear of all your stress re your ex, that sounds like a hell of a lot of translating, try and not get too worked up over it. you are doing a fab job by your kids and your ex is a bell end.

Steph, thats rubbish about your maternity leave, i truely dont understand why new mums arent given more leave in the US, Its totally crazy! I hope you can get something sorted.

AFM, Other than being tired, not a lot to report here, its a little boring being half term with a toddler as the regular things we do are either not on or mega busy, glad its only a week! Luckily my parents are over tomorrow so that will give me a little break and they are having DS over the weekend so we can finish off our nursery at last!

Mellissasbump.. I had to double read the end of your post then.. haha yes he is a huge Bell end!!
Feeling with you on the tiredness front xxxx

Nimbec sorry to hear about losing the client- not a good day for you guys :hugs:

Ukgirl :hugs: I can't imagine having to translate all that stuff and having to basically relive it all- and all his lies as well.

Afm just a quick one to share a pic of the wall decal we just put up! I posted it on Facebook and thought I would here too, although I will post some better pics for you ladies when the light is better! I LOVE it! I know some people might think its too much, but I adore it :)

And now it's sideways....

I give up!! :haha:

Apologies to anyone viewin on a device which rotates as you try to see a sideways pic!

Doggylover I just saw your pic on facebook it is absolutely stunning!! Xx

I agree doggylover! The decal looks amazing!! So bright and colourful. :thumbup:

Oh wow nimbec, I'm with doggylover on this one!!! Rest means rest!!!! There is nothing wrong with take out for a while (or OH stepping up and cooking).
I just read that though they prefer baby's to stay in until 37 weeks, they are usually fully capable outside with MINIMAL medical needs at 34 weeks! 35 weeks will be fine :hugs:. Plus, you are getting tons of monitoring, so I'm sure everything will work out.
I would be worried about not being prepared too though... But again... I don't think I will ever FEEL prepared. As long as LO has you, he will be fine :thumbup:

I just found out, that with a vaginal birth, that I only qualify for 6 weeks maternity leave (on short term disability) and the one week vacation and sick time that I have earned so far this year :cry:. They only give you 12 weeks for medical reasons or complications... I will ask my boss, if he would consider giving me another 2 weeks u paid, so I can at least get 9 weeks with LO. Any US ladies have experience with short term disability for maternity leave??? After my 6 weeks, I may end up with severe PPD and have to be written off a little longer :shrug::winkwink:?!? Gosh, I hate the US system lol

Unless your employer doesn't fall under the scope of FMLA (and I seem to remember it's a pretty big company, which means it would), you MOST CERTAINLY do get 12 weeks under the FMLA! It's federal law, assuming your employer is subject to it.
FMLA fact sheet: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs28.pdf
FMLA employee guide (download on page): https://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/employeeguide.htm

But those 12 weeks are all unpaid and you can use Short Term Disability if you have it or your paid leave if you have it in conjunction with the FMLA leave. If you don't have STD or leave, you can still take all 12 weeks unpaid to bond with your child. It absolutely does not have to be for a medical reason. I hope that helps. :thumbup: Again, this is all assuming your employer is subject to The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.

If they aren't subject to FMLA, yeah, you're SOL if your supervisor wants to be an ass. I have a friend who works for a very small business and she got 2 weeks of maternity leave. One was unpaid. And her son was born with congenital heart defect and passed away at 6 months and she didn't get time off for any of it. She was working from the hospital the entire 6 months he was alive (and thank goodness she had the ability to do that!). So horrible.

Thanks guys :) I'm so pleased with it, the whole Nursery is exactly what I wanted and dreamed of!

Steph: I hope little spy is correct (and she usually is :thumbup:) and you get to take more time off with lo. The American system definitely sucks in terms of mat leave.

Thanks Melissa looks like it may be sooner than expected hehe! My number is 07703644063 hoping I magic some fluid up this week :) great news that parents are down to help and exciting that you get to finish the nursery :) I imagine half term can be quite hard I guess we have it all to come!

Doggylover, LOVE the decal!!!! Super cute!!!

LittleSpy, I always thought we were linked to your "mother company" which is MAN Truck and Bus (UK ladies have seen the trucks i'm sure)... however... we are an independent importer and therefore do NOT qualify for FMLA :cry:. We have 40 employees :nope:... just short of the 50 needed to quality.

I do have Short term, but they only cover 6 weeks for a regular birth (even though 12 weeks are available total). So, unless I have some major medical issues, It will only last for 6 weeks, plus 1 week I have to take vacation and sick before it kicks in.
My supervisor is exceptionally family friendly, so I am very hopeful, that he will allow me to take another 2 weeks unpaid after the 6 weeks. That puts me at a total of 9 weeks. Not ideal, but I will take it.

I had my UltraSound appointment today, for the Biophysical profile. Grayson passed with flying colors and I do not need to come back next week!!! :thumbup:
I was also able to talk the US tech into switching to 3D view (they just got a new machine at the office last month with 3D capability)... She is so sweet :kiss:. Grayson was smiling in the picture! I am such a proud momma and am now fairly certain, that we are having a human baby :blush:. No more alien for us :haha:

Attachments

• smiling.aspx.jpg
    smiling.aspx.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g