April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Omg kristabelle that is awful!!!! She was a huge bitch!! Im really into nursing and I always say to people if you want to do that job you have to actually care about the people not just what you are doing! She needs more training silly bitch! I have a scar on the back of my right hand from where my catheter was for all the medicine they pumped into me. I think half of my tummy troubles now are somehow linked to that but it is too late to sue them now. I asked my dad why he didnt sue the doctor he said he was more concerned with my health than money and revenge at the time. bless him lol xx

sweetpea Its good that they will induce you then and that it should be rather easy for you. I hope you do make it to fullterm but if you dont you know your baby will be well looked after.. how many weeks was your other LO born at? Xx

readytomum Inhope you managed to get an appointment and that all was okay xxx

Sweetpea I just read your signature sorry.. Im loosing my brain cells lol.. xxx

Yeah I think my total lack of trust of doctors, nurses and hospitals may have something to do with almost having my hand sawed off at the age of ten!

Yep I tend to loose even more brain cells during breastfeeding too lol Im gonna be a zombie!!!

I agree about not 100% trusting doctors. Trust is such an important thing especially with doctors its sad that a minority give out wrong info or fuck up like in our case xx

Kirsta what the hell! I would've grabbed the saw and gotten that nurse back mwahaha!

:rofl: WSS!!

oh and go get those A-holes :grr: . How much of the run around can they possibly expect you to take :growlmad:

SweetPea, I say: cross your legs and elevate them (like the yoga pose that Lily posted a few days ago). You tell that little lady that she is to stay put :winkwink:

No prob UK, I am slowly losing brain cells too! Or maybe not so slowly... :haha:

Steph I've been trying to stay as horizontal as possible after I come home from work - that pose may just do the trick lol! I am consoled by the fact that I haven't even really had any niggles or Braxton hicks and I started having them around 20 weeks with DS, and was in slow labor at 34 weeks with him. I think the p17 shots are keeping my uterus really quiet this time around so that's reassuring.

I think the hardest thing for me to deal with is not having a CLUE about how much longer I'll be working for... I know mat leave is no 'vacation' but I cannot WAIT to be done for a little while! It's getting harder and harder to get up early, get DS ready and take him to MIL, work all day, come home and do whatever needs done and spend time with Tommy (thankfully DH is a huge help) go to bed and do it all over again! I'm finding work very stressful at the moment (don't get me wrong I really love where I work) because I am not sure what to start/finish before I go and timing is all weird because I have no idea when I'll be leaving - every Friday I try to tie up loose ends and finish a load of work (and I usually do the same the day before I have a drs appt just in case) and its just getting exhausting to try to do that week after week and keep up that intensity because of not knowing when I'll be off. It's not like the ship will sink without me but I think my biggest fear right now is my water breaking in the middle of me doing something at work and not being able to finish before I leave! I need smacked lol.

I managed to get in for an appointment tonight. The Dr. said it's carpel tunnel, which is what I figured it probably was. So nothing drastic, just annoying. She gave me a prescription for wrist splints to wear at night while I'm sleeping which will hopefully reduce the amount of numbness/tingling during the day. :dohh: I'm sure that will make already fitful sleeping soooo much easier!

Sorry to hear about your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Ready to Mum! Is that pregnancy related? Or have you had it before?

Sweet Pea, that does sound really hard trying to wrap up at work every single week like its your last week! I can totally understand why mat leave will be a relief.

I just finished polishing the ice bucket we got as a wedding present that I am going to use at the shower on the weekend. Figure if I am going to be awake at 1 am I might as well be doing something useful :haha:

And congratulations on honeydew status sweet pea, I meant to say that three pages ago but, ah... mashed potato brains!

Readytomum I've read that carpal tunnel is pretty common during pregnancy, I hope that your wrist splints help out.

Kirstabelle I can't believe that happened when you were getting your cast off! My dh always wonders how they take them off without slicing people up...apparently they don't always manage it :shock:

Afm, back to work today after two days off :cry: but on the bright side only 13 days left at work until maternity leave! I bet they drag by....

Yes I also meant to say congrats on the honeydew sweetpea xx

readytomum urgh carpel tunnel syndrome is horrid. Glad you got some splints for it xxx

Doggylover not long to go now!! Mine get the week off school so Im still relaxing :D

Afm... Just been to get my support belt from mothercare. It looks so complicated. Gonna try it out in a sec..

I feel so much better today omg Ive never felt so ill after a vaccine in all my life... apart from the obvious.. apparently a few ladies online said they had the same. Thank goodness not again!

I could scream at my doctors I feel like my UTI is back today so I called to book in for tomorrow and they tried booking me in with the same doctor so I refused and have to call back in the morning. I am NOT going back to her again! Not after she moaned at me to go to l&d for antibiotics for a uti.. silly doctor!

Hope everyone is having a nice day xxx

Congrats on the honeyjew sweet pea :) !!

Readytomum sorry to hear about Carple tunnel :( did they say it was pregnancy induced? Hopefully it will go soon!!

Ukgirl what a pain!!!! Could you call te Midwiffe an explain? Clearly what they have given you is useless :( sorry to hear you are not feeling great!

Yay Doggylover not long to go - I'd be crossing days off the calander lol!

Kristabel that's awful!! Shocking!!

Well I had my scan & consultant appt today and didn't quite go as I'd hoped :( my fluid is very low - even worse than 2 weeks ago. Try have given me steroids to mature his lungs & I have to go back tomorrow for another injection of them (Blimey they sting!) then another scan next Wednesday if nothing has changed I will have my little boy next Thursday - shit shit shit!!!!!! Best case scenario it will be the following one at 36weeks - I was really hoping to make 37 now I'm worried and an back in strict bed rest!!

Wishing oh was a bit more understanding of what rest means!!! I will be doing nothing lol!! I will cook everything into meals tomorrow and we can have them heated up for the week! He can tidy after himself - ill believe that when I see it!!!! Hoping my mum will come and help me have a tidy around before I go in.... Desperately don't want to come home to a tip grrrr!

Hope everyone else is ok - my brain is total mush too...even more so now it's in a bit of panic mode - I don't feel prepared or ready for this I sooooo hope my lil boy will be ok!!!

Sweet pea I have re read your post as it looks like I may have a 35 Weeker - thanks so much for the info!!!

...holy shit nimbec :shock: I'm so sorry your appointment didn't go well, and I cannot believe that next week you could be having your baby! That is insane! But hopefully with the injections he will be more than ready for the world whenever he has to arrive. :hugs: do not cook meals tomorrow - rest means rest! Live on take out if needed. And fingers crossed your mum is able to come down and help out this week. Try not to panic, as long as you have clothes, nappies and a place for LO to sleep, he will do just fine when he arrives. The rest of the stuff is all extra bits. Keep us updated of course, and I'll be praying his lungs strengthen up, and you refill with fluid lol!

wow nimbec!!! thats insane!! As Doggylover said though he should be prepared thanks to the steriods. I can't believe how exciting that is as well as scarey. I agree with Doggylover, rest means REST!! sit your ass down and make your man do all the work and if he doesn't tell your mum to give him a swift kick up the backside! He needs to look after you now. xxxx

My Norwegian papers are here and it is very emotional reading I have possibly 700 pages to translate asap so may not be on for a while but I will keep popping in and stalking away occasionally chip in :) xxxxxxx

Oh nimbec, I hope everything will go well. Don't worry too much about meals, I'm sure you will find a solution, try to get rest and prepare for the baby... Your mom can bring food, or your OH. It seems time is running out, I can't believe you could have your baby next week :O

Oh my goodness nimbec!! :shock: I'm so sorry to hear your appointment didn't go as hoped... Like doggylover said: screw cooking extra meals! Stay in bed and relax as best you can. Get take-out. Call a friend and ask them to drop off dinner. Do whatever you need to do to make sure you're resting as much as you can! Hopefully the steriod shots will make LO ready to arrive whenever he shows up. It's hard to believe your LO could be here next week. But if he does show up that soon, I'm sure the medical team at the hospital will take excellent care of him! (and you!)

nimbec/ukgirl/kristabelle: The carpel tunnel is indeed pregnancy related. So hopefully it will go away after LO is born. It's certainly nothing drastic, but it does feel incredibly odd and makes opening lids or picking up small things pretty difficult because I have reduced sensation in my finger tips.

In more happy news, our stroller arrived today!! :happydance: :happydance: I'm so glad I was home when he came, because it was a HUGE box. I put it together and drove it around the house, practiced putting the carrier in and out, collapsing it, adjusting the back position etc. I love it! :cloud9: It's so light and amazing. I even managed to refrain from tossing the cat in it to push him around. :haha:

Oh wow nimbec, I'm with doggylover on this one!!! Rest means rest!!!! There is nothing wrong with take out for a while (or OH stepping up and cooking).
I just read that though they prefer baby's to stay in until 37 weeks, they are usually fully capable outside with MINIMAL medical needs at 34 weeks! 35 weeks will be fine :hugs:. Plus, you are getting tons of monitoring, so I'm sure everything will work out.
I would be worried about not being prepared too though... But again... I don't think I will ever FEEL prepared. As long as LO has you, he will be fine :thumbup:

I just found out, that with a vaginal birth, that I only qualify for 6 weeks maternity leave (on short term disability) and the one week vacation and sick time that I have earned so far this year :cry:. They only give you 12 weeks for medical reasons or complications... I will ask my boss, if he would consider giving me another 2 weeks u paid, so I can at least get 9 weeks with LO. Any US ladies have experience with short term disability for maternity leave??? After my 6 weeks, I may end up with severe PPD and have to be written off a little longer :shrug::winkwink:?!? Gosh, I hate the US system lol

wow nimbec!!! thats insane!! As Doggylover said though he should be prepared thanks to the steriods. I can't believe how exciting that is as well as scarey. I agree with Doggylover, rest means REST!! sit your ass down and make your man do all the work and if he doesn't tell your mum to give him a swift kick up the backside! He needs to look after you now. xxxx

My Norwegian papers are here and it is very emotional reading I have possibly 700 pages to translate asap so may not be on for a while but I will keep popping in and stalking away occasionally chip in :) xxxxxxx

Oh no! Do you have to translate all 700 pages? I'm happy to hear that they all got there but geez!! I hope it turns out a breeze.... This is not the time for you to stress... You have enough stress with this stupid UTI (which I am hoping has not returned)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->