April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Sarah.. when you say swaddling blankets.. do you mean the ones which you wrap around and fasten the ties or do you just mean normal cellular ect baby blankets? I always used a light wrap around blanket with a baby quilt on top. If you are using a gro bag you dont need an extra blanket. I use a baby quilt for a cot bed which is not like a duvet its a thick blanket. I this it also depends on the temp of the room.. if it is cold like tonight then two blankets are a good idea but in summer its not really needed.

I found some nice flipflops online. luckily spring is coming and the shops are beginning to stock up for spring and summer. I still need to buy a lot of stuff for my bag and wash Bensons clothes.
He is once again head down but his head is resting in my back which makes me feel rather heavy down there. I look bigger too when he is in this position.
Nimbec how are you feeling now hun?
Do they have primark in America? I love their clothes but they dont last very long :(
Melissasbump urgh I feel so sorry for you!! Ben was head up a few days ago and it was super uncomfortable.. I could barely eat or breathe! I hope your LO spins around asap!!

Afm back on the school run tommorw :( bah!!! That week off went too fast! Today the kids made me make a birthday cake for the hamsters second birthday which consisted of toast with cucumber and tomato :/ then we had to sing to him too haha.. my brains fried aftet a weekend of non stop working on the translating.. Im about 3/4ths through it.. I hope to finish the child protection case notes tomorrow and the police reports the following day. parts of it was difficult especially the parts where i know he has lied but have to type it out anyway. Im glad Ive alkoat finished it though. With everything being so close to finishing me and Aaron have been discussing our wedding so it is nice to have something positive to look forward too as well.

Doggylover goodluck tomorrow with your maternity pay I hope it has all been sorted out now.

Readytomum I hope you find your shoes and Cherrybump I hope things went well with your family situation.. Im so sorry if Ive left anyone out Im frazzled xxx

hope those who feel shit feel better in the morning!! Good night xxxxxx

Candy I'm sure with the kids back at school you'll be able to fly through the rest of your case notes.

Sarah, I have two of the cellular type blankets and two thicker ones. I know people will buy us blankets for presents, so I haven't actually bought any myself, these ar inherited from SIL. I'm not buying any swaddle blankets at all. I liked the idea of them for ages, but then I read they can interfere with breastfeeding cues (albeit in a very small way I'm sure) and while there is no link at all, the SIDS foundation mention on their website to be careful, so I was put off. But I think if you have them swaddled they don't need a blanket depending on the thickness of the swaddle - you can get thick ones or really thin ones which are almost like a muslin.

Not only that.. normal blankets are fine for swaddling with too just wrap them up by crossing the edges round and tuck them in xx

lily I have had trouble fainting through out this pregnancy. I keep telling the midwife and she keeps telling me that pregnant women often faint. She tells me to eat a banana and I will feel better, so now I carry a banana with me everywhere, however usually I feel better when I'm sat or laying down :/

I also eat a banana every time I need to feel better (even if I don't like bananas) and it seems to help.:flower:
I actually feel better when I'm walking, the faster the better. If I stand still I get dizzy, wth?:shrug:

yup that is what I'm like too, if I'm walking I'm okay, if I stop and stand too long I get dizzy... I read actually an article online about dizziness in pregnancy and about 2 thirds of women experience it, it said that you can also get dizzy from laying down too long.. maybe that was the reason for your fainting? It did say also that fainting in pregnancy is rarely anything to worry about, just make sure you don't fall over xx

Maybe the baby is so heavy that cuts the blood or something when I lie on my back too long.
I was promised no fainting after 6th month. I want my money back lol!~

ooooh yeh laying on your back is a big no-no in pregnancy, I feel sick if I sit back too much, apparently the weight of the uterus lays on a main artery cutting off the blood supply to the brain (like you said) IF you don't get enough blood to your brain you cna feel sick, dizzy ect.. No more laying on your back hahaha sounds rude :p xxx

Thanks Dogg xxx

Ukgirl im not sure if they have a primark over there yet. But i think they dont last long is because they are cheaper than anywhere else so when they are no use again you can afford to go buy more lol...they've pretty right up there about things like that. Half to say since i started working for primark its been a non stop keep moving job, and i love it. always busy even if the customer think they can talk down to us *oooh they only work for primark* they all say.. no joke. i could slap some of them for saying this.

Im just nipping over to shops. Need to job up dam eletric again :( need to hide this heater from ryan because thats what is nicking all the money.. xxx

cherrybump it's awful that customers say that to you!! After all a job is a job at the end of the day!! At least you are working for your money.. If I worked in primark I would have half my wages on clothing there each month lol..

UK ladies searching for flip flops.... search no more!! Sports direct has some nice and cheap ones xxx

Cherry I can't believe people would say that to you! Everyone knows what Primark is there for - cheap and cheerful clothing, but that doesn't mean that you can treat the staff like rubbish. People are so rude sometimes.

SO I got my first leaving present from work today :( Because I will never be back, I'm getting proper presents as well as baby gifts. It's both great, and insane! I didn't expect people to get me stuff! And I know they had a whole school collection for a present for me as well as I have to go with one of the otehr girls to pick something. It's sad because I love my job and while I can't wait to be on maternity, I wish I didn't have to leave them forever :(

Thanks ladies. that just customers for you.

Oh i got a chocolate rabbit for my leaving gift lol no card or anything from people on my floor. but one guy thought it was this friday i was leaving lol.

I got a board game today lol! In fairness a Geography one which I love. But the only reason I'm getting actual gifts is because my contract ends when I'm on maternity and I'll never be back :cry:

Sooooooooo...

I just fell over. I was walking up 6 steps (which I walk up at least 4 times a day) and carrying a bunch of stuff and...tripped I guess. Went down on my knee and elbow and managed to pretty much wreck my trousers (actually, my SIL trousers!) and now I'm stiff and bruised :( LO gave me a right telling off afterwards though, kicking me as I did my photocopying as if to say "Oi, woman, walk more carefully! I don't like being thrown about like that!"

Oh dear, i hope your ok hun. Sounds like a nasty fall.

Aww i see, i think its better to be a stay at home mum that to go to work lol i think im going to find it hard when i go back next year. This is my first day off and it already feels weird lol feel like im missing something.

I know I'm so excited about having an excuse to be at home and not having to rush back to work, but at the same time I love my job, and I like having money :haha: but I get paid until December so I'm happy enough until then!

ooo thats handy lol. i like having my own money to so i know that i have cash to spend if i need something lol x

Yikes doggylover! Easy on the stairs lady! That's really sweet (and a bit sad) that students/staff are bringing you in presents. And maybe once you're ready to go back to work there might be a new opening at your old school again... you never know! I wouldn't worry about it too much now, because it's so hard to say what positions will be available a year or two from now. My DH is a middle/highschool teacher and I know he can't even try to plan ahead for contracts because things seem to change so suddenly! Also... which boardgame did you get?? Is it RISK?

cherrybump: working in retail is tough sometimes... people assume that because you work in a clothing store or some other kind of service industry that you're not ambititous enough or whatever, but working for a living is working for a living--no matter what you do! Some people are just ignorant!

lily: Ahh yeah laying on your back for too long is supposed to be bad. I sleep on my back quite a bit, but I have a body pillow running down the middle of the bed, so my right side is sort of proped up on it so I'm not laying flat on my back. I haven't had any issues that way. Maybe give it a try?

AFM, DH and I had it out last night, and he felt really bad that I was so upset. When I woke up this morning he was sitting at the dinning room table still (and NOT at work!)... so I asked what was going on. He said he wanted to take me out to brunch today since we didn't get to yesterday. He called in sick so he could stay home and take his hormonal wife out for brunch. :cloud9:

Yikes doggylover! Be careful going up and down those stairs!

I catch myself sleeping on my back in the middle of the night too. I usually end up turning back on my side as soon as I wake up.

Ready to mum glad he stayed home to be with you. I am very emotional too at this point

Afm ...started having period like cramps on Friday. I just thought it was RL so just took hot showers on ans off realized they were getting worse and stronger. Then the pain started going into my Vajayjay and I couldn't take it so off to the hospital I went to L&D. Well low and behold I am having contractions and have started dialating. Was given Magnesium and Breathine and kept to monitor everything to make sure labor stopped with the help of meds. I am now home on strict bed rest and still taking the breathine to keep contractions stopped. They will only give me meds till 36 weeks so anytime after that if I go into labor they will take baby. She isn't moving like she was and this medicine makes me jittery and cold. I am now on my phone but I will try to check in more often but typing this is hard to do.

readytomum... I literally sat here and went.. ahhhhhh.. when I read your post lol, how sweet of your DH!!

mommabrown.. that is scary!! I've had a few pain around my hips and stuff now which worries me.. Tell baby she has more cooking to do yet! Cross your legs!! :p xx

I finished my papers!! OMG my head hurts... good night lol xx

Omg Mamma, may you should ring up the hospital and mention the movements arent the same or do they already know.

I know using your phone to type on here is a pain in the butt. we're all here if you need us. I hope you managed to get seen or help. hope baby can hold on just bit longer to xxx

It was incredibly sweet of him ukgirl, and I feel soooo much better today because of it! It's amazing what a difference a little TLC can make! Congrats on finishing your papers too, by the way! That was super fast and I bet you're glad it's over with.

Mommabrown: Oh dear! Hope the little lady stays put for another while. Stay in bed and relax as much as you can. It looks like we've got three really keen LO's on this thread now who just can't wait to join the world!! Hopefully everyone stays put for a little while longer! If you make it to 36 weeks though, you're just shy of full term so I don't think you'd have too much to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->