April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Nimbec when my LO was born he was flopped up into my stomach for like 20 seconds - screaming - and the nurses quickly rubbed him down and the dr had DH quickly cut the cord so he could immediately be taken into the nursery room (a smaller 'room' that was attached to my room where the warmer and things were) where the NICU team were waiting to check him over. (Actually he came so fast they were running into the room a few seconds after he arrived!) I had DH, my mom, and my MIL with me when I gave birth (obviously not for everyone but it was perfect for me) and after the few seconds that he was laid on me the nurses scooped him up and took him to the little room and DH and MIL went with him and my mom stayed with me. In all the commotion I didn't even get to see his face so I had no clue what he even looked like yet but he did grasp onto my finger with his tiny hand right away which is so special to remember now! It was nice to have our moms there bc it was a scary situation to begin with and we each had someone for support after DS was born, my mom was there to stay with me while I got stitched up and MIL was there with DH while the NICU team checked him over, which I'm sure was nerve wracking to watch/wait for - as I would have insisted DH go with the baby and both of us would have been alone.

Anyhow it seemed a lot faster and the only way I even know how long it took is because there are pictures of when he first came out and then him being handed to me the first time by DH and there is a clock right behind my bed in the pics! But it took 25-30 mins for them to bring him to me after he was born - and he didn't have any problems at all. That time was spent doing his apgars (8 and 9 at 1 and 5 mins) rubbing him down, getting a diaper on, and making sure he was maintaining his body temp/checking over his breathing and body systems. The NICU team is automatically paged for any birth under 36 weeks where I delivered, and while they checked him over they weren't needed at all after the initial check and left before I even held him the first time, after they came out and told me all was ok with him. MIL and DH took a ton of pics while he was in there being checked over which I adore now. DH walked him out and handed him to me for the first time, he was the first to hold him and I was second - and MIL even though she was in the nursery area I think understood I should be the first to hold him after DH thankfully :) (both her and my mom are really good about that kind of thing anyways though luckily!) the only time he was out of my room after that was for the nursery checks once a day and his hearing test and car seat test, and circ. The car seat test was longest (90 mins) and only because he was early. When he was handed to me the first time I bf'd about 15 mins later and he latched like a pro, no problems with that being delayed for about an hour after birth for us.

I would think that after a csec, even 4 hours will go by very fast. By the time you get stitched up and settled in recovery, etc, you will prob be halfway done the wait already! It def didn't seem like 30 mins to me, more like 10!

Thanks sweet pea that's a lovely account of what happened :) I'm really hoping that this will be the case for me and he is absolutely fine! As long as he doesn't need scbu he stays with me all the way through :)

Thankyou!!

No prob nimbec - it can be nerve wracking having an early LO so if you have any other questions I'll answer the best I can!

I think at 36+ weeks your LO will have a GREAT chance of not needing any special care and I have everything crossed for you that all will be just fine :hugs:

Speaking of early, DS was here in 3 days - eeeek! My home is ready but my head is soooo not! I think I'll be able to hold out til 36 at least though so we shall see - that's my goal for now anyway!

Eeek sweetpea you are doing great holding on fx you make at least 36!! :) and thankyou!

Sweet pea, I really enjoyed reading that story of your ds's birth, even though I'm not planning on letting this LO out in the next six days until they are considered term lol. It's great that even though he came early he was so perfect, and you got him with you pretty much straight after birth.

Nimbec, I am confident your little man is going to be perfect, and won't need to head anywhere near scbu, so the four hours aren't going to be an issue at all.

Kealz, I think James is a beautiful name, congrats on choosing! And if I'm right the middle names are family names? I think your oh is Stephen? I'm so sorry about your cats, that's sad news. I had meant to ask you about them, as my dad is convinced that our cat is going to smother our baby. Did you have the cats when Paige was born?

James is a lovely name Kealz! We couldn't put it on our list as we have a close friend James and it would have been weird. Much weirder now as baby is a girl :haha:

Nimbec I am exactly the same. I am pretty sure I will be like some kind of rampant hormonal lioness of overprotectiveness as soon as baby is born. And I have the opposite situation as everyone else. My mum is the one who will let me do whatever I want and try out all my hippy ideas and what not and be 100% supportive. And she lives in Australia. :cry: Wheras my DH's parents run a childcare business from home and therefore know "everything". I constantly hear about how "lucky" I am about this, which is not really accurate as they seem to not agree with any of the things that are important to me and always make these "faces" about things. And they live 20 minutes away. :cry: I just know it is going to be a source of angst and I just don't want them around at all for the first few days because of it, but I know they will be salivating to be there ALL THE TIME with their ANNOYING ADVICE of how to do everything. I hope I go into labor on a weeknight at least so that they have to work :winkwink: Come on baby, lets have a Monday night labor please! :haha: One of DH's aunts said to me "you couldn't possibly have a better source of help and advice once baby comes" talking about my MIL and I got so pissed off that I was like "oh my mum is getting here about a week after LO arrives." I know it was mean but I just find it so insulting that my parents are just so shunned by his family in terms of their importance. Just because they don't live here means nothing. My mum gets here on April 22nd, but only for 10 days. I will probably be gripping her at the airport trying to drag her back to my house when it is time for her to go. At first I thought that by the end of the 10 days I would be ready for her to leave, but since third tri I have been so clingy with my dh that I know I will be like that with my mum. Hormones are so weird.

I better go get in the shower, get the day started... at um... noon :haha:

Kealz.. the name James is lovely xxx

doggylover I have to admit my new mil is also lovely and respectful but it was a bit... forward.. of her to buy a high chair when I will breast feeding for months and he wont be able to use it for a while plus she didnt ask me but if she had I could have told her I have a portable bouncy chair which we will be taking with us when we visit family and if he has some sort food he will be eating in there until he is about 10-12 months old. I hope she hasnt brought anything else for her home.. I guess we will find out tomorrow when we go visit her.

I took the kids swimming today my foot was almost back to normal size after an hour it was lovely!!

Candy, I'm massively impressed with your swimming! I am not the biggest fan at the best of times let alone now! Although I am so whale like it might just work...!!! Is this your mil first grandchild?

Kirstabelle, my SIL has a similar situation with her own sister. Her sister used to work in child care, so when my nephew came along she "knew everything" about how to look after a baby, and even said a few times to my SIL that my nephew preferred her, which upset my SIL no end. She also used to tell SIL she wasn't doing things right etc. but luckily, she had no real experience of kids over 12 months so its lessened now.
But I imagine if your mil and FIL run a daycare then they will always know best.....
And if they are already making faces, rolling eyes etc, that doesn't bode well at all. You'll just have to lay down the law with them and be strict about what you want.

Afm, I have a hen party tonight. Luckily I am giving another girl a lift and she can't make it until later, so I'm basically just joining them for dinner which won't be so bad at all. Although I know nobody but the bride....but I can suck it up for a few hours!!

Hey ladies, just popping in for a quick sec. Been in town today and now im just so shattered. Bought my gym ball so i can start boucning lol but the darn pump is useless so i blew it up buy blowing air into it myself lol.

thanks for the info Nimbec ive started to add more water into my day lol see if that helps me out. should drink some coffee that seems to do the trick lol :S

anyways hope your all well apart from all the pains and aches we're having. im also one for wanting to do all the first with my baby since she is my first also so im going to be mega fuss if anyone tries to take over. lol xxxxx

Yeh its her first and she wished hard for a boy -.- lol... have fun tonight!

Im having intense BHs again this evening Im going to ask if they can check my cervix when I go for my follow up obs on monday so I can feel better knowing Im not dialating with them.

I had a letter from babies new health visitor today... shes coming to meet me on monday morning and bring the redbook.. eeek yay!

What's the redbook Candy?

Yeah the other annoying thing about the in laws interfering is that my DH gets annoyed when I get annoyed at them, so then it causes arguments between us. We barely ever argue so I hate that they cause arguments. :growlmad:

Have fun at the Hen's Night Doggy Lover, that is good that its mostly just dinner. At least you will get a nice meal and not have to do any cooking or dishes! Plus, even though you know nobody the other girls will all be drinking and chatty, especially since you will be looking all cute with your bump so I'm sure it will be mostly tipsy ladies talking to you about LO and eating food, see, it will be nice :) and then you can shake things up with a quick spin around the pole :haha:

Its like a little book with a red cover you record all your babies checks and progress and jabs ect in it... A little health record xx

Its like a little book with a red cover you record all your babies checks and progress and jabs ect in it... A little health record xx

OOOOHHHH THE red book! lol!
Thats really cool we dont get them here till we give birth!
My cramps/BH have been bad all day, making me very paranoid!

Doggy, enjoy your hen meal!

I didnt get THEEEE red book with my other two as they were born in Norway so Im excited to get Bens on Thursday :D hehe It kind of hit me how close Im getting now Im meeting the HV and getting THE BOOK lol xx

Awww, the redbook sounds cute! I don't know if we get something similar here? We don't have health visitors though. They have them in Australia. I wish they had them here, I think that would be really helpful. Here you're on your own.

Hope your contractions ease off Melissa's Bump and UK Girl. And deffo hope they are not doing anything to your cervix! I had one at the end of my work shift yesterday that actually made me pause and hold onto the table. It went all the way round my lower pelvis and my back. It wasn't super sore or anything, but it definitely gave me pause. Maybe it was body's way of saying "time to go home and sit on the couch and stop walking about all flippin' day!" Good thing it was my last day :happydance:

Kristabelle mine go for hours but not regular and only last less than half a minute but my goodness they are tight.. if they start to ache I shall go to l&d.. I learned last time round not to leave anything to chance lol... Do you have your own record book you can use to store up all the information? I had an additional one for each baby to put in pictures and write down first words and teethies xx

Morning ladies!

I'm exhausted after a hectic night of pole dancing and chatting up good looking men...

Oh wait...that's somebody else's night who isn't a big pregnant whale :haha: (and married of course!) I'm exhausted after sitting eating dinner :haha: had a lovely time, and the hen had a great time which is all that matters. I was driving some of her family to/from dinner, and one of them had two little girls and lives a few minutes from my hospital. I asked if she had given birth there.

Talk about putting my foot in it...she gave birth to her first baby there, who sadly died five days afterbirth because of medical negligence on the part of one of the midwives. I almost died when she told me, I felt AWFUL for mentioning anything. She's still (over 6 years later) in an ongoing lawsuit with the hospital. So, well done me for bringing that up :dohh:

My LO has moved dramatically I believe. I'm hoping they haven't decided a quick flip to a breech position is called for, as they have been head down for weeks, but this morning I am all lumpy, bumpy and bulgy in weird places, and I am getting something jammed under my ribs for the first time! Birthing ball here I come!

Kirstabelle, that's awful that dh gets annoyed when you are cross with his family. In a way it's understandable(I would at my dh) but then he has to realise with the baby it's you that is important and support you in whatever you decide, and its more important now t take care of his own family. Also :wohoo: for your last day at work!

Candy, I don't think that my hv will come to the house before the birth, so I wonder when I get my LOs red book...

Lol dogg glad it went all well. Sorry to hear about the girl loosing her baby though :(

I also have my birthing ball at the ready. just need to get my self in the mood to use it haha. Feeling bit sleepy again today :S.. But Paige loves sticking all her bits out lol at least i know she is moving now until before lol. I know she's head down still as i can still feel all her hiccups down there. But she was lying side ways hope she turns to fully face the back which im sure she does depending on how im lying in bed :s. also thing she pops up when i use the hot water bottle just for the cramps i get though so i might have to use it less lol

I actaully need to take today 35 weeks bump pik so im going to go and take a quick one lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->