April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Happy Monday everyone!!!!

Let me see if I can put all this together:

Sarah: glad to hear that your hen went well and you we able to dazzle the group with some impressive pole dancing moves :haha:.
How rude of your SIL! I know that she is surely just excited and wants to be there for you guys!!! I'm not sure how happy I would be either though :shrug:
Funny that you mentioned LO being turned around this weekend. Grayson has been head down for weeks, but Saturday morning I woke up, and just felt really strange. I could not breath at all (even when I was just standing still). By afternoon, he had hiccups and I felt them right at my sternum. Not many kicks that day either. The next day, he was back to normal. I swear, he was head up for at least half of that day! Been head down again since but it sure felt weird!!!:wacko:

Candy, ouch :cry:. Let us know if your MV can do anything to either make you more comfortable OR get Benson out a bit sooner!!!
As for you feet, have you tried to soak them in Epsom salt for 20min? The only reason I would think of it, is because of the hoof comment :blush:.web my horse used to get hot hoofs because of abscesses, I would soak her feet for 20min every day and it would draw the fluid, heat and infection out. I've also taken Epsom salt baths for sore muscles and other aches and pains. Again, this purely stemming from the hoof comment and no medical backing lol

Melissa,
How did your hospital appointment go? I hope you do not have pre-e and everything is fine! :hugs:

Lily, glad you ha such a good class! :thumbup: hopefully you will be able to find another class for you DH to attend!

Cherry, your bump looks great!!

ReadytoMum, can't wait to see some pictures! I'm not sure how you managed to dance lol... I'm a horrible dancer to begin with, so it would just be wildly amusing, to see me try now :dohh::haha:

AFM, babyshower went well! I was a little disappointed, that half of the people that RSVPed did not show up :cry:. Some cancelled last minute and some just didn't show. I felt bad for my mom, who had prepared all this food :growlmad:. But, the ones that DID come were very sweet and we had a good time. I have to say, most people did not buy things on the registry, but variations of them (like washcloths, towels, thermometer, grooming kit, etc)... All things that I still needed. A lot of the bigger things were purchased by family, so now I just need to fill in the gaps :thumbup:.

lily: glad you enjoyed your birth class! DH and I have our pre-natal class this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it!! Hopefully we'll get to meet some other couples that we can connect with and maybe set up future play dates with etc.

ukgirl: glad to hear your appoint went well!!

cherrybump: isn't it so strange how different our bumps can look from one day to the next depending on which way LO is sitting! lol I'm pretty positive that LO is chillin out head down for me because my bump is long and narrow. Silly babies. :haha:

Steph: That's too bad that so many of your shower guests cancelled like that! Did you have a sudden bout of bad weather or something? That's really inconsiderate, especially when your mom was doing the cooking! I'm glad to hear that you still managed to have a good time though, and that you got a lot of the things you needed. And hopefully you got to take home some of the extra food for leftovers. :thumbup:

Doggylover/Steph: I didn't say the dancing was pretty! lol I'm not a great dancer either, but I do really like to go dancing and my DH loves to dance too so it was a lot of fun. There were 5 pregnant ladies there, and one of them who was also dancing most of the night is due a week after me. So I wasn't the only one. :haha: I had brought a second pair of flip flops that did fit properly and so as soon as the reception started I changed into those. By the end of the night even they were pretty tight though. I definitely paid for my enthusiasm with swollen feet/ankles and my carpel tunnel has been significantly worse since. I've got my brace on today, so hopefully it will go back down.

Ooh, at the wedding I also got some boxes from my cousin again of hand-me-down clothes, size 3-6m this time!! It fills up both rubbermaid totes we had picked up for storing under the crib (and that's just the nice stuff we want to use)! Peter is definitely all set for clothes for the first half year of his life. lol Once she knows that Peter is a boy we'll get TONS more stuff too because she had all boys.

Steph I will try that!! Thanks for the tip hopefully it works on human hoofs too! Thats sad that some didbt come to the shower. it sounds like you still had fun though and its good to tick some items off your list of things you need..

Readytomum I meant to reply to your post about the wedding and totally forgot! Baby brain is hitting hard at the minute. Well done you for showing the others how to party!! Yay for baby clothes! We also have been given loads. I had to send some to the charity shop!

Im starting to feel poorly my throat hurts and I keep coughing.. I have so much to do this week.. being ill is not an option! Need to get my vit c on!

Aww sorry to hear thank some of the people never showed up to the shower hun they could have at least told you they couldnt make it..

thanks hun.

I agree these baby's lie funny from day to day lol. I had little bounce on my ball early lol was nice to have a little bounce and wiggle lol..

ukgirl i hope you find something to help they swelling :(. And oh no sounds like you might be getting the cold. x

Steph that is kinda rude of them. What is the point of RSVPing if they aren't going to show. I could take it that they just say NO?? Glad it turned out lovely anyways. I am sure your mom loved it no matter what to see her little girl happy and excited over all the baby stuff!

Ready to mum oh i bet it they will all be so excited to here you are having a boy~ I tell you i would have let it slip out already as much as we call Lo by her name!! Glad you had fun at the wedding also!

Oh Ukgirl sorry to hear about your feet swelling! Make sure you aren't taking in to much salt too. I learned that it can cause lots of edema also. And like Steph said try to soak them. Sounds like you maybe getting the crud. . .hope you get to feeling better!

Nimbec only a few days left to you get to meet your LO! I am so excited for you. My nephew was born at 36+4 and weighed 7lbs 8 ozs and was let to go home the very next day! I am sure everything will be ok as most DRs count it at term at 36 weeks!

AFM, 36 days ladies till my scheduled c-section! I am so so so excited! I am counting down the time for her to be here. Let's hope once i am taken off of Breathine that my body decides to hold out a bit longer as DH has now hit the freaking out because we are having a baby episode and he isn't ready for her yet! It is quite funny to see when i talk about the little things we need for her.

aww lol i freak out a little myself cause i know i aint got long to go lol.
when is you c-sec date hun?

lily, whoa 7 classes is a lot to fit into the next 6 weeks! I'm glad it went well and you got some good tips for exercises. Can't wait to hear what else is in store that you can share with us! Your youthfulness showing again at the group - you are so lucky! And don't be sad about being the oldest - at least you look the best! Plus age = wisdom!

Cherry: how is your ball going so far? I really love mine. I thought they were kind of silly before, but now I am convinced they are great! I'm also trying to ram LOs head as far down as possible!

Candy: I can't think of a reason why baby being left versus right would matter? Maybe they were just boasting that their babies were left and trying to make it sound great :haha: hope you don't come down with anything. I hear there's been a nasty cold/flu going round, which is not what you need at all.

Steph: why would people RSVP and then not show? That's awful,I would be so cross! And so annoyed for my mum having done all that work. Some people are so rude. But I'm glad overall it went well. Have you much left to get now?

Readytomum: that's great about the baby clothes! And just think how much more people will buy Peter as well- you'll be changing him several times a day just to get all the clothes worn! Sorry to hear you've been swollen and sore sine the wedding, but at least it was for the good cause of fun!

Mommabrown: I'm so jealous that you know exactly how long it is (at the latest!) until you meet Emmaleigh! It's coming so soon! And dh will have to pull himself together!

I cannot believe that, all being well, the first munchkin is going to make their appearance this week!!! Nimbec, I hope you are all ready to go and as excited as I am! I can't wait to hear how you get on and see some pics of this young man when he makes his debut into the world!

Afm: my baby is extremely busy today! Wriggling like a wild thing! When we were out walking the dogs I got about 6/7 really weird, sharp pains. They only lasted a few seconds each, but very sore. It was worth the pain to see dh's face - every time I breathe too loudly he's convinced I'm in labour :haha:
One of my classes gave me a present today - a bath/candle set and a voucher for a facial. I was gobsmacked! I went bright red, and babbled. I imagine I'll be doing a lot of that this week! So only four days left, and Wednesday doesn't count really as I am at the midwife for most of the day! Still sad to be going though, I cried again on the way home :dohh:

:happydance:Cherrybump it is scheduled for April 9th.:happydance:
After long debates with the Dr's office which they agree the due date is the 6th as that is exactly how she has measured going over by a few days won't hurt her. I hope to hang on to her that long. DD was 5 days late then both of my DS's were here before 38 weeks due to the same issue i am having now. I am ready to have this little gal NOW!! Lol.

Doggylover...i find that knowing the date seems to make it longer!!!

Here is a pic of my big ol belly! The one with the kids hands on my belly is my favorite!

Attachments

• CYMERA_20130301_135910.jpg
    CYMERA_20130301_135910.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4
  • CYMERA_20130222_141344.jpg
    CYMERA_20130222_141344.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
  • CYMERA_20130222_191628.jpg
    CYMERA_20130222_191628.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 6
Oh my gosh I love the one with the kids hands on!!! Your bump is just absolute perfection! And I suppose knowing the date could go either way lol! But it will hopefully fly in!

I am glad you think so i have found myself comparing my bump to other pregnant ladies trying to see if i am massive or normal or small! lol
Thank you its my favorite too!

Mommabrown I cant believe its so near to your c section date!! Exciiiiting!!! Your bump is lovely I also really love the pic with your kids hands on there. I really need to get more pics of mine together with bump :) xx

Doggylover I think I read it on a forum somewhere that unless baby is on he left then its not head down. I was thinking that can not be right because all my babies were on the right.
That is so sweet of your class to get you presents and your OH sounds really sweet.. maybe he feels guilty MAKING you go with him!! Haha ;) watch out that girl isnt stalking you behind a hedge or something! Hehe.. xx

Awww, lovely bump pics mommabrown! Look at you with your belly button! Mine is just a weird little flat criss-cross star now. Not an outie yet, but no longer an innie. Yours still looks like real belly button, I am jealous, it looks lovely and normal! :haha:

I took a bump pic today, too. And obviously had to try on my magic pants as well. Yep, still zipping and buttoning. Its getting ridiculous. I must have a weird uterus or something. Extra high, I don't know, because its definitely not small anymore! :shrug:

Sorry to hear people cancelled on you Steph, but like Mommabrown says I bet your mama had a good time all the same watching her baby cooing over grandbaby loot :haha: And glad you got some stuff crossed off the list. The list seems never-ending. You think you're at the end, then you've always forgotten something!

Good luck Melissa! Fingers crossed for no pre-e!

How sweet of your class Doggy Lover, you deserve a good pampering! Woo hoo to only 4 days left! Soon you will be at home like me wondering what to do with yourself!

Your hoofs UK Girl!! You poor thing. Sorry you are limping now and might be getting a cold now as well! You really are in the wars and I hope you start feeling better asap!

And you too Ready to Mum, hope your swelling goes down and your brace helps your carpal tunnel. At least you had a good time, and showed those anti-social folks how its done! And five preggies at one wedding! What are they putting in the water up there in Toronto!? :haha:

Speaking of Toronto my DH is off to Toronto tomorrow afternoon for work, which also happens to be my b'day. Feeling a bit sorry for myself! Its only two days and he will be back on Thursday night. He is all concerned that somehow baby will come early and he will have to rush back. I am convinced she is going to be late so not worried about that at all!

:wohoo: for the first munchkin coming this week as well! Can you believe we will finally have some real baby pics in the thread!! Hope your cold is gone Nimbec and you are feeling good for the big day! :hugs:

And (technically) only a month to go for me!

Attachments

• 35 and 4.jpg
    35 and 4.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
Doggylover I think I read it on a forum somewhere that unless baby is on he left then its not head down. I was thinking that can not be right because all my babies were on the right.

I agree that can't be right. My baby loves to hang out over towards my right side and has favored that side my whole pregnancy. That is her fave side to stick her booty out on and she is deffo head down when she does it. So idk, but I agree with you that they can be head down and on the right side. Unless our babies are all double jointed gymnasts or something. :haha:

Thanks kristabelle.. gorgeous bump pic!! Sorry OH is going away for your birthday that sucks!! Xx

I forgot to say earlier that since swimming in saturday my hoofs are bow back to notmal sized feet so no more attention from the day clinic for me"

I agree that can't be right. My baby loves to hang out over towards my right side and has favored that side my whole pregnancy. That is her fave side to stick her booty out on and she is deffo head down when she does it. So idk, but I agree with you that they can be head down and on the right side. Unless our babies are all double jointed gymnasts or something. :haha:

Yeh I cant remember exactly where I read it but when doggylover said her baby was onbthe left I started worrying that there might be something to it. I think my placenta is on the right so he is probably using it as a cushion.. lol. xxx

Glad your hoofs are gone, it looked so uncomfortable. What a relief for you!

Lol i love the ball. but i feel like because im a big girl its going to pop :| but i shall continue using it making sure she goes further down for my app next tuesday lol

I looove those piks you posted lol aww thats not to back to be induction not to early and not to late lol.

My baby hangs out on the right to lol. Her head is defo down, just felt her hiccuping lol i even seen my belly move slightly to tried to show ryan but he has his head phones on lol..

How long do you go on your ball for Dogg: just so i can get a rough idea how long i should go on it for lol. i bounced along to music early lol xxx

Candy every time we walk past that girls house I give a little moan of 'pain' and clutch my back like I'm in agony someday she's going to jump out of the hedge and start beating Simon up!

Kirstabelle nooo, that's horrible about dh being away for your birthday! Have you got any plans for tomorrow to spoil yourself? And seriously,those pants STILL fit?! That is amazing!! How did they fit you beforehand without falling down?! That said, you are pretty darn tiny (compared to what I feel I am!) so maybe you'll explode in the next four weeks and no longer fit them?! You might even explode out while wearing them :haha: do you find yourself getting less date focused as we get closer? Now when people ask me when I'm due I say "oh 3-6 weeks or so. We'll see..." Rather than the "seventeen weeks two days" answers I used to give!

I don't know how baby couldn't be head down just because they are on the right? I'm no doctor, but surely left or right it's pretty much the same? Maybe more room on the left as there are no livers, pancreases etc in the way, but other that that....?!
And I'm convinced my LO is a double jointed gymnast - some of those movements I feel and see I just cannot fathom how they are possible!!!

Cherry: I usually stay on it for about an hour each night, while I watch tv. I bounce, rock a little, roll a little, wiggle every now and again :haha: I just make sure I keep moving when I'm on it, but I don't know if that important!

Careful on it, I almost fell off mine the other night lol! And you won't burst it! My dad is 6ft3 and a heavy guy, he uses his and has never had an issue!

Lol doggylover!!! I can imagine you doing that :p yeh I didnt understand it either I can feel Benson is head down now he moves very low and sometimes it feels like hes gonna bust out of there or like Im gonna suddenly pee my pants!!

Reminds me of when I had Lucas when I was pushing actually.. I could feel his head coming down and I statted feeling like I was going to poo the bed so I started shouting that I needed the toilet then as he moved down further it felt like I was about to pee my pants.. I was trying to climb out of the bed to the toilet haha..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->