April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Readytomum, yes had awful carpal tunnel last pregnancy but weirdly only the odd bit of numbness this time. Its weird how you react differently in different pregnancys. I had the wrist splints as i think you do to wear at night when it was at its worst and sometimes during the really bad days too but never really found any relief from it. However im pleased to say it went away almost immediatly after the birth so im confident yours will do too x

Readytomum, yes had awful carpal tunnel last pregnancy but weirdly only the odd bit of numbness this time. Its weird how you react differently in different pregnancys. I had the wrist splints as i think you do to wear at night when it was at its worst and sometimes during the really bad days too but never really found any relief from it. However im pleased to say it went away almost immediatly after the birth so im confident yours will do too x

I sure hope it does!!! I'm ready for it to go away right now! :haha: No one else I know seems to have had this problem, and my mom didn't even believe me that it was a pregnancy related thing. :wacko: So I'm glad that I'm not alone in suffering through this one... not that I would wish carpel tunnel on anyone!

Morning all, have an update from Nimbec..
She is still in hospital, the contractions have stopped again but fluid is still very low and they are currently deciding whether to do her c section today or tomorrow! She is currently waiting to see the consultant, will update you when i have further info!

Readytomum, i think carpal tunnel is to do with everything relaxing during pregnancy though i dont see why it has to be so damn painful!

Oh Nimbec must be completely...I don't want to say terrified but I can't imagine how she feels with everything happening so fast!! Can't wait to hear more, and hopefully if our (yes our, I claim ownership of all these babies :haha:) first munchkin is born today he is 100% perfect.

Mmmm a little lie in this morning before the midwife :mrgreen:

Just stopping by to say I'm thinking of you Nimbec hun! Hope the c-section goes well today/tomorrow sweetie, look forward to your updates and can't wait to see pics of your little early bundle :cloud9:

I did actually wonder if men can nest because Aaron tends to do lots of cleaning and he is very specific too all of a sudden... Im really efficient at cleaning our home and can get it all done hung and dry washed waxed and polished in 1 hour but not anymore so yeh before pregnancy he never had to do anything but now... hes my peraonal maid haha.. hes just gone to pick the kids up too he really is a sweetheart when hes not calling me a preggopotimus and making sealion noises at me haha!!

My hubby is definitely nesting! He has his weekend on monday/tuesday and has spent the last two days doing spring cleaning jobs non stop, I'm gobsmacked lol!!!
I've not really been able to help out either as I spent monday afternoon and evening with regular contractions! (fine now though, thankfully!)

Morning ladies hope you are all well.. Doggylover I allow you part ownership of Benson :) hehe..

Melissa thank you for updating us.. I really hope all goes well for her and we are all thinking of her and her little man today xxx

Im really sick.. my ear drum burst last night so back to the doctors for me today... my ear is bleeding :/

OMG your poor thing, burst ear drum sounds horrible!

Dan-o must be a man thing too!! Yay cleaning OHs if only they would continue cleaning afterwards lol xx

Morning ladies hope you are all well.. Doggylover I allow you part ownership of Benson :) hehe..

Excellent, thank you! :rofl:

Sorry to hear about your ear :wacko: sounds extremely painful and horrid.

Dan-o can you send your oh round to mine please?! Thank goodness your contractions have stopped. I never knew contractions could come and go. It's a good thing I have you ladies or at the first sign of contraction I'd have been at the hospital!

Melissa thank you for updating us.. I really hope all goes well for her and we are all thinking of her and her little man today xxx

Im really sick.. my ear drum burst last night so back to the doctors for me today... my ear is bleeding :/

Ohh that sounds awful! You poor thing! Hope it's not too painful. I can't imagine what a burst ear drum feels like. xx. All the best Nimbec Hun!! Hope everything goes perfect and can't wait for an update!! Afm- I was in tears today thanks to my lovely landlord who pretty much told me I shouldn't be having another child and that my partner needs the "snip". Also that no real estate will give us a house now due to so many kids!! I was so upset and furious!! I never realised that I would be scolded for having four :( so I'm trying not to let it get to me and I'm just continuing to get ready for my princesses arrival! Has everyone packed their bag yet? I've only just started! Eeek!

Oh wow Nimbec hope she is ok and keeping strong. thinking of you hun xxx

Ive not nothing much to update lol. Apart from i didnt use the ball yesterday and still woke up around 2 hours after falling alseep. Feeling super hot(like i burnt up a heat) took pains killers cause my hip was sore :( but after i went back to bed i was ok again :S strange lol xx

Kirstyrich I cant believe your land lord was so flipping rude to you!! What a shitbag!! Its no ones business if you have 4 or 40 kids.. that is up to you and your partner no one else!! Omg some people are idiots!!! Sorry that your landlord is so rude hun xxx 4 kids isnt a lot.. did you see 16 and counting last night? Thats a lot of kids!!!!
Ive started packing my bag I got breast pads and towels the other day eeekk lol also loving picking out my outfits to wear afterwards!! I have leggings and a floral dress and cardi :D

Cherrybump I have had hot flushes all the way through this pregnancy.. could just be horemones hun xxx

Cherrybump, I'm forever turning the heating up and down! One minute I'm freezing, then I'm boiling hot! I think it's quite normal for everything to go a bit haywire these last few weeks, it has for me anyway, I feel like I'm falling to bits :haha:

Kristy, that's horrid, some people can be so rude! :dohh:
I've only just started on my hospital bag too, just got the essentials in it so far, babygrows, lucozade and maternity pads lol :haha:

Kristy I can't relieve your landlord was so rude! How can he think its ok to say that to someone?!

Candy, I saw 16 kids and counting! I love the family who had the whole hour show before, who were getting baptised last night. The other family though...oh my gosh! The kids were so badly behaved when they went out, and the dad was an IDIOT!

Just back from the mw. And the never ending saga of my due date continues. I explained to her what happened at the hospital (I should have been 33+5 and all measurements confirmed this, but they pushed me back two weeks) she said they never should have pushed me back, and that I should keep the 29th march as my date :thumbup: so I was happy.
Then, she did her wee feel about, and said the baby "felt like" 34 weeks. Firstly...what the hell does that mean? How can a baby feel like its 34 weeks?! I assume it's based on size, but they all grow differently or they'd all come out the same weight!
Anyway, she said that's not a problem as they allow you two weeks either way and since I am currently 36+5 that 'feeling like' 34 was fine. Then they measured my fundal height....31cm. Anyway, so they plotted me on the chart and I've managed to go from 90th centile three weeks ago to 10th centile now. And she wrote down I felt like 34 weeks, but said I am still 36+5.

So then I asked her about my induction worry (that if they use the new due date and let me go 14 days over that I would actually be a month overdue!) and she said not to worry, they won't let that happen, and she'll give me a sweep at 40 weeks.

But I just feel like I still haven't gotten any real answers, my due date is still - in the eyes of the hospital - 12 days late, and I am constantly disappointed after these appointments that I can't just get a straight answer about when my baby is due :(

Doggylover I also like the family who work they use cloth nappies and build their own furniture and pay their way and all of their kids were so cute.. well dressed and polite... the other family made me really angry!! He has degrees and doesnt work.. I bet asda is beneath him.. omg he was such a dickface I dont know how sh even managed to have sex with him once to make a baby let alone 11 times.. I would be doing time if he was my husband!
I wouldnt stress over the due date. I know it is frustrating and hard but when baby has had enough baby will send you into labour and if baby doesnt then they will induce you at 40 weeks to be safe so either way your baby will be born around the date they gave you now. I also dont understand how she could tell your baby is 34 weeks just by palping your abdomen.. but then mine told me Connie would be a girl before my gender scan I think when they are poking babies all day they get a rough idea of the norm... I dont like to go by scan measurements anyway because they told me Connie was going to be small based on her scan but she was one of the biggest on the ward when she was born. so yes.. no stressing!! Xxx

I know I am getting myself worked up, probably for nothing, but I'm just so frustrated. Everyone else gets a nice due date at the start of pregnancy and there is no fannying around changing it. Mine is constantly up in the air and has been changed in my notes four times. I am extremely lucky to be having a very easy pregnancy, but this really stresses me out for some reason!!

And yeah, I don't understand how she can say its 34 weeks just by feeling. Maybe my baby is just small!

Yep, that guy in 16 kids was a total ass. His wife even said to him you could drive a taxi or have a shop and he said "a doctor of philosophy selling chocolate? No thank you" oh yeah, much better to sit at home on your ass all day doing nothing while your poor wife despairs about the state of her house! I think at the start it said they were an arranged marriage, so I feel so very sorry for his wife! She got forced into it and is stuck now. And he wants more?!

Awww doggylover you are allowed to feel that wa after they messed your dates round so much hun!! ImI need to be able to plan everything properly before baby comes I coukdnt imagine not knowing my due date for certain.. I would follow the 36 weeks one and go by that but be prepared for baby to go over due by a week or so xxx

omg I missed that bit I must have been on the loo lol... What an idiot.. they dont even speak English properly.. When I lived in Norway I spoke Norwegian so did Connie... if you want to live in a country you have to have respect not come here take a council house and benefits money and not speak oir language!! Oh it makes me rant lol.. you could tell she was fed up with him. Poor woman!

Then, she did her wee feel about, and said the baby "felt like" 34 weeks. Firstly...what the hell does that mean? How can a baby feel like its 34 weeks?! I assume it's based on size, but they all grow differently or they'd all come out the same weight!

Don't trust those who just touch the belly and feel the due date, it is highly inaccurate.

The doctor who did my growth U/S told me my baby is consistent with the weeks (if not 1-2 days smaller) and everything is perfect.
My midwife told me that those with no problems during their pregnancy actually give birth very close to their original EDD no matter the measurements during growth scans or "feels of the belly"
My doctor "felt" the belly and told me that I'm 2 weeks ahead :growlmad:.

In my humble opinion many midwives and docs will move your EDD around with an ulterior motive, first to cause a mild panic, and then to push you for induction (as it is easier and profitable for them).
It is up to you to let them influence you, no matter what the method they use to pinpoint the EDD, they can't predict the actual birth date unless you make an appointment (and this is what most of them hope for)...

Hi girls, further update from Nimbec...
C section not happening today due to no SCBU beds and baby is still ok in there. She is still in hospital, not yet sure whether she will be kept in or not.

Kristy, cant believe your landord said that! Cheeky S***!

Candy, hope your ok hun, burst eardrum sounds very painful!

Doggylover, try not to stress hun, it must be so frustrating for you getting different opinions on due date, its like we need that date to work towards, but in reality whatever date they give you bears nothing on the date baby will actually come. Hugs though hun. Like Lily im "2 weeks ahead" on measurments but it means nothing.

AFM ,Just got home from soft play with Harrison, he had a great time but my back feels like its breaking! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->