April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Readytomum when I started teaching everyone said I would be on the coffee soon...I have tried but I just can't! I like the smell, and love the idea, but sadly the taste isn't for me. Until LO arrives and I need it!

Oh, I LOVE coffee. I'm a bad preggo and even drink it while pregnant but I do limit myself to a cup a day while pregnant and breastfeeding. Because the last thing I need when I'm exhausted and have hardly slept in days is a newborn jacked up on caffeine! :haha: Some babes aren't as sensitive to it as others, though. A cup (and I do mean an 8oz cup :nope:) never seemed to bother my daughter, but she wasn't (isn't) a good sleeper anyway so I wasn't even about to push it and try drinking more. :haha:

This time I'm loaded up on Cafix and Pero for when I want more than one cup. Sure, they're not great, but they're caffeine free and barley is a galactogogue. :thumbup:

It's been too long since we've had the word galactogogue kicked about in this thread! :thumbup:

Update from Nimbec.. no baby yet, no news on any transfer. Likely to be tomorrow if baby will wait that long.

Will continue to update as and when.

Dogglover "loving smile" LOL!!

I used to hate coffee. And then I moved to America. :haha: That's right, I absolutely blame all you Americans for making me a caffeine addict. I quit when we were TTC and it was AWFUL. I also had no idea that I was sleeping so badly until I quit and started sleeping way better. And then, I got pregnant and that was the end of that

If anyone would like to become addicted to coffee I highly recommend Italian Roast with a pump or two of Starbucks Caramel Syrup and hot milk. That's how I became addicted. All I really want atm is a chai latte or a vanilla rooibos latte from starbucks. So I will be happy enough to get one of those once pregnancy is over... but I know I will probably get back on the coffee bandwagon eventually, but hopefully I can somehow get less addicted this time! Perhaps that's an oxymoron though- "less addicted" :haha:

Kristabelle, I'm the same... Sucker for the "fancy" coffee options lol. Not the biggest fan of regular coffee but hot chocolate has too many calories :haha:.
Once I started this office job, I felt like I NEEDED to drink coffee as part of the job distribution (kinda like peer pressure lol). I still have the odd cup here and there but I am much worse about diet coke :blush:. I still drink 1 can a day ... Ups

Steph I always feel the peer pressure to drink coffee! Even today after school a group of us were going out for a "bye Sarah!" Get together, and we went for coffee...I had juice lol!

Grrr, so my lovely colleagues got me gift cards for debenhams which is great, especially since they have a sale on right now! So I spent ages choosing 3 things, and went to pay (all online). But because the gift card amount is spread over 3 cards, I can't pay online for all my stuff at once :huh: you can't use more than one gift card in any transaction online, so I had to do three separate transactions, and leave little bits of money on each card :dohh: online shopping is sometimes so difficult!

I think that is part of the money-making ploy behind gift cards. They get to keep a buck here, 50 cents there... so sneaky.

Are you just lazing around now as a lady of luxury Doggy Lover? Quick get all your luxuriating in now before LO arrives with their list of demands :haha:

Wow, I am proper pregnant lady exhausted today! :sleep:

My day started much earlier than usual today, and it's been a non-stop busy day. I was helping with a special event on campus this moring, worked this afternoon at the library, then went back to help clean up after the event. :dohh: My feet are killing me, my bump is tender, and I can hardly keep my eyes open. It's only 7:30pm here and I'm ready for bed! It's going to be a long evening to stay away till a reasonable bed time. All I want to do is sleep...... :sleep:

Hope SweetPea is still doing well and just busy with all the LO and family!! Can't wait for some more pics!

Candy, hopefully Aaron apologized for his little outburst earlier!

Nimbec... What's the latest update?!? Been thinking of you and hope all is going well!

It's been too long since we've had the word galactogogue kicked about in this thread! :thumbup:

When you spend hours each week researching/studying boobs and herbs like I do, it tends to slip out in ordinary conversation embarrassingly often. :blush:

Steph yes he did hehe I am victorious!!

When he came back I was laying on our bed watching Benson wriggle around and he actually put his hand on my bump without me asking or telling him to and he seemed a bit more... connected with the pregnancy.. of thats the right word. I think he just needed time apart to go and sort his head out because he said himself he was being a dick. He's been hugging me more too yay! So Im hoping thats the end of his cold baby feet haha. I shall look forward to cold wedding feet from him next!

Steph andnKristabelle Im like you I love fancy coffee especially starbucks!! We can by the cold coffee here I cant remember the name but they all like vanilla and chocolate... yummy.. Like coffee milkshakes!! They were my favorite until my doctor made me promise not to drink anymore as my prescriptions for anti acids and muscle relaxants went up hahahaha.. no more coffee for me :(

I cant sleep and was wondering how nimbec is getting on. I really hope shenisnt in pain and they managed to find a bed for her and little man.

Are you just lazing around now as a lady of luxury Doggy Lover? Quick get all your luxuriating in now before LO arrives with their list of demands :haha:

If by lazing around you mean cleaning the house from top to bottom so our little one doesn't catch some horrific disease on arrival home, then yes :haha: I plan to do some pretty hardcore cleaning to try and shake this baby out of me, but will break it up so I'm still having plenty of time to lie in and relax!

Readytomum, there is no appropriate bed time for a pregnant lady! It's whenever the fancy takes you, so don't struggle through any night...just go to sleep! On the sofa at the least!

Littlespy "studying boobs" :haha: I now have this image of you with a clipboard and pen looking really thoughtfully at lots of boobs, giving them a little poke!

Candy: glad to hear Aaron is back and grovelling! He better make up some with some pretty big stuff this weekend, especially since its Mother's Day!

Still no word from Maybesoon? I really hope everything is going ok for her.

Candy, glad all is sorted with Aaron though i think id drag out the grovelling to epic proportions personally!:winkwink:

Doggylover, make sure you find time to chill, cleaning will always be there no matter how much you do and im sure you dont live in a bear pit lol

Readytomum, i was having a nap at 530pm yesterday so i agree with Doggylover, anytime is a good time at this stage!

Urrgh have to entertain people ive never met today, bleuughhhh, never least felt like being sociable in my life lol. Its OHS friend and Mrs who have recently moved back here from abroad. They are gonna think hes drawn the short straw marrying a bloated beach whale!:dohh:

Cherry, so glad you know whats wrong and hope your feeling better really soon! Thanks for updating. xx

Ukgirl- I actually thought about it being a pinched nerve but it lasted for so long that I then started thinking maybe its a UTI or even kidney infection. I have a few doc appointments this week so will let them know about it then and see what they say. The pains finally gone (for the time being anyway). Hope you dont keep getting the pain in your legs :( if you do maybe get checked for UTI? xx

I cant believe we are almost at the end of this pregnancy journey! Time has gone sooo fast. Only 5 weeks left till Ill be holding my LO but I STILL dont think it has sunk in properly, lol. Guess it will when she's placed in my arms!

Ive got so much going on in the next few weeks to keep me busy anyway, including my sons assesement for Autism Spectrum Disorder on thursday. Kind of anxious about it but being hopeful. :)

Hope your doing ok Nimbec hun. Thinking of you. xx

Your welcome hun. was defo UTI i feel much much better lol

Steph i think Melissa posted something about Nimbec on the page before this. She's ok no sign of baby yet and something about getting transfer hoping little one sticks it out.

Hope she is doing well lol and little one will be in her arms soon xxx

i can drink coffee again lol and not drinking tea lol xxx

Doggylover I saw her name at the bottom of the page a few days ago saying she was viewing the thread. I hope soon she will update us..

Melissasbump Hes making breakfast for the kids and me as I type haha.. x

Let me know what they say about your back pain kirstyrich. I know mine isnt a uti because I have been tested twice last week when I went for pre eclampsia monitoring. Good Luck with your little mans autism appointment. I will be thinking of you thursday xxx

I feel much better today my throat isnt so sore and I had an early night last night so slept loads.. I just feel drained of energy. Im hoping to be better by monday as Connie is going to her friends for dinner.

Hope you all have a loverly weekend xxx

Candy glad you are feeling better, but have a quiet weekend to let your energy build back up. How are you organising benson's cloth nappies? At the minute, I have all mine in ikea draw dividers two of the smaller drawers in the chest of drawers, but am not sure if that's going to work long term, and am wondering if I need another storage solution for them, so am interested to know what you have!

Melissa eugh, I hate entertaining with people you don't know. Hope it isn't too bad! And I dunno...the amount of dog hair coming off my beasts at the minute as they shed means we aren't the cleanest at the minute! :haha:

Kristy, I was actually wondering how the ASD assessments for your little man were coming on just yesterday. Great that you are staying positive because no matter what the outcome, he's still your wonderful baby, and you will all adapt to any changes that need made. Will be thinking of you all this week.

Doggylover, a bit of grubbiness helps imunity lol

I text Nimbec a couple of hours ago now and no reply, really hope she is ok!

Maybe shes resting xx

doggylover I got some of those plastic drawers from argos and put them in my wardrobe a
with all his toiletries and accessories in one and his clothing in another I will take some pictures and post them up later so you can see. xx

Omg doggylover I had to read your post to melissa a million times!! I read that dog haor was coming off your breasts.... I was like.... WHAT???? Hahahahhaahhahahahaa...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->