April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Poor Nimbec!! What a roller coaster ride she's being put through... :growlmad: I hope the stupid hospital sorts itself out soon, so she can have her section already and put an end to the pain and this ridiculous waiting.

doggylover: lovely bump!! I don't think I've ever seen a pic of it before. I agree with whoever said it was a very neat bump. Mine seems to have spilled out... :haha:

Steph: Very cool that your grandmother is making your curtains for Grayson's room!! Handmade stuff is always the best I think. :thumbup:

AFM, day 1 on pre-natal course done.... and I'm now more confused than ever as to how long I have to stay in the hospital after birth. At our Doc's Meet and Greet on Wednesday they said 24 hours, today they told us 2-3 days!! That's a BIG difference.... So I have no idea how much clothing to pack now. :dohh:

Hi all thankyou so much for all your support & if course to Melissa for updating...the saga continues :(

I have been in and out of labour with contractions for days but not dialating and bubs is happy however I'm in excruciating pain on my bump which they cannot really diagnose apart from now they are saying I'm so small it's at full stretch & nerve endings are irritated hence sharp crippling pain as well as tightening from contractions every so often - a barral of laughs. I'm currently on morphine pump which they assure me will in no way effect bubs (I'm still using it sparingly) but the pain got so bad today I was hysterical and inconsolable I've never experienced pain like it even when I fractured my back! Now here is the thing, still no beds the closest bed was Birmingham 4+ hrs away and no gaurentee that they would do section when I arrived as someone could beat me too it plus they don't consider it urgent as baby is ok. It's irrelevant that I'm in so much pain it apparently makes no difference unless my heart rate or breathing is effected only then would they act. Also not an option to go private it's just not available. It's a horrid situation & disgusting that they will leave me to suffer for the sake of 3 days!! The best part is that they can't even gaurentee tue but have promised Thursday at the latest. To be honest I'm not sure ill be mentally intact by then - I'm normally a strong person but this has sent me loopy lol!!! I told the doctor that I was going to get him out myself using a kitchen knife pmsl and that I was at my wits end but it makes zero difference. Anyway ramble over - ill keep Melissa informed an get on here when I can. I just need to count the hours down now!

Hope you are all ok, I will have a good catch up ASAP

(((Hugs))) to all xxx

Doggylover Harrison absolutely loves books, got to be one of his favourite things, right up there with milkybar buttons! I was/am an avid reader too and i really hope we can keep up his interest.

Harrison and I should be best buddies, I LOVE milkybar buttons...and all varieties of milkybar!

Candy I asked my mw about the group b strep test and she said not only do they not give them to us here but even if I did the private test and was positive I wouldn't get antibiotics during labour as they don't give them at all anymore! :shock:

Steph: you need glasses if you think I'm not huge! I am definitely very sizeable! Simon told me earlier when I asked did my birthing ball need more air in it that no, it didn't, I just needed to stop putting on weight! :haha: what a charmer! Anyway, I saw your bump pic on fb and had one of those "WHERE IS SHE HIDING HER BABY?! It's not fair!" rants at Simon!
I'm jealous of your grandma being so efficient with your curtains...I'm still waiting on word of mine from SIL. And stop spending time typing on here, and drown yourself some more so no more water retention!

Readytomum: I say pack a lot just in case you need more. Or have it sitting ready for dh to grab in case you get stuck in hospital for longer. I thought of you today in the book store as they had the whole set of Dr Seuss books on sale :mrgreen:

Nimbec: I honestly cannot believe what a crappy time you are having right now :hugs: it's insanity that they will leave you to suffer so badly for the sake of 72 hours, all we can hope is that they pass super quickly,although when you are in so much pain I'm sure every second feels like its dragging. I'm thrilled that your LO is doing just fine, but the fact that you are so miserable is just horrendous. I'm thinking of you constantly and know that we're all right behind you and willing you on through the next few days. Lots and lots of love xxx

Oh poor poor poor Nimbec... I sooo wish there was something we could do :hugs:. I cannot believe they are making you suffer like this!!! And all of this whilst you already have heart problems, correct???? I am hoping that you can at least get some sleep (take that morphine) and that time passes fast!!!

Sarah, very sweet of you to say about the size of my bump, but I can promise you one thing --> Its purely the angle of the picture :rofl:. I wont dare to post a "non-flattering" picture on FB :haha:. If you don't believe me, you can ask Rob... He will have no trouble telling you how enormous I am... Like Simon, he is such a charmer :dohh:.
To give you further proof... I bent down today and my maternity jeans ripped :shock:. I repeat: MATERNITY JEAN! They are meant to allow you to get fat :blush:

BTW, I just left the house to go buy some Stork Riesens :dohh:... 3 bags ... Clearly, I have not learned my lesson from the ripped pants :rofl:

:rofl: some maternity stuff isn't well built - I have two tank tops which don't cover the bump anymore. Apparently "maternity" means less than 35 weeks pregnant....I need to move on to "whale clothing"!

well send rob round to me to take some flattering pictures! He must have a way with camera angles!

...the saga continues :(
:hugs:
Many many hugs hun... I can't believe this is happening to you, I'd be pissed beyond control...
Stay calm and strong, and you LO will be out soon! We are all thinking of you!:kiss:

AFM, day 1 on pre-natal course done.... and I'm now more confused than ever as to how long I have to stay in the hospital after birth. At our Doc's Meet and Greet on Wednesday they said 24 hours, today they told us 2-3 days!! That's a BIG difference.... So I have no idea how much clothing to pack now. :dohh:

Are they serious, it is wildly different 24h - 3 days :wacko: !!! Ask them specifically.
I would definitely pack for 2-3 days btw, no matter how much I wish I'd only stay in for 1 day.

To give you further proof... I bent down today and my maternity jeans ripped :shock:. I repeat: MATERNITY JEAN! They are meant to allow you to get fat :blush:
:haha:

:rofl: some maternity stuff isn't well built - I have two tank tops which don't cover the bump anymore. Apparently "maternity" means less than 35 weeks pregnant....I need to move on to "whale clothing"!

Ladies you are so funny, I know for a fact you look great!
However I agree that some "maternity" clothing is really small. I was looking for tops the other day and I tried one last item, left in small size and my hands couldn't even fit in. I try the same brand (another top, non maternity) in small again, and it fits great :wacko: What geniuses actually designed the small maternity and the huge non maternity?:dohh:

I can't feel the pinky on my left hand lately (for days), completely numb, it is either a stroke or the carpal syndrome I've been reading about.:cry:

Good morning..

Oh Nimbec I have thought about you all night and how it is unfair of them not to give you a bed for the sake of 3 days. I think you are amazingly strong. I really hope a bed becomes available asap. Xxx

Doggylover I cant believe yoir midwife really said that!! I thought if you have GBS or whatever its called they have to give you the antibiotics so baby doesnt get sick?? Thats ridiculous!

Happy mothers day to you all... because even though your los arent here yet you are still mummies!! Congratulations xx

UPDATE FROM NIMBEC!!!
They are prepping her for C section now!! Hes not prepared to wait apparently! Shes very happy but nervous. What a wonderful mothers day present!
GO NIMBEC!!! X

Oh my goodness yay for nimbec!!!! Let her know we're all thinking for her and e lo!!!! What a lovely present indeed!!!!! Cannot wait to hear more now! Thanks for the update Melissa!!!! Happy Mother's Day to all you yummy mummy's, and mummy's to be! Xxx

Um lily I SERIOUSLY hope you haven't had a stroke!! Carpal tunnel seems to be pretty common, but have you mentioned it to your mw/dr?

Happy Mother's Day to all! I hope that your LOs spoil you, only a year to wait until us FTM get any gifts (although that said US based mummies will get some in a few months - I've been duped!)

Melissa, thanks for the update!!! Can't wait to har how she gets on and all about LO! So exciting!

Hurray for Nimbec!! That's amazing news.... oh I'm so happy for her!! By the time I get back on here later tonight after my class she'll be a mommy. :cloud9: Thanks for the updates melissabump and please pass along our encouragement and congratulations. :happydance:

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all the UK ladies!! (I just discovered yesterday that you celebrate a different time than us in North America!) Hope everyone gets spoiled like they should. :flower:

Omg omg, Could be any time today oooooh Nimbec. She must be soo relieved to get the section now. specially with being in so much pain. So happy to hear she will have bubs in her arms very very soon.

Ohh the toliet talk hahaha. Im finding in hard to go poop i get all this pressure and felt like i need to go then i stand up and it all disappears :s. Or i have wind...

Also was surfering from more back pain just over hour ago was coming and going not sure what to make of it but i ask my mum whether i should go ahead and ring the hospital. the pain has now gone :| but mum said i should time them and see if they get any worse then to give them a little call. I just dont wanna ring them up because i feel like i'd be wasting their time even though i know we're meant to but i think its still just this infection im fighting off as its in the same spot. Not sure if these antibiotics are doing much but ll keep taking them until there done but will mention to midwife anyways.

I also mention to my mum that i was concerned about having painless contractions and she told me she had them with my older brother so ill speak to midwife about that also just cause im still unsure to what im mean to feel and how to know if im having them.. I could also be this thick and blonde lol... Ive read that much about contractions last night i went to bed thinking about they pain and what happens and cause of that i was in and out of sleep all night lol. I even check my underwear every time i go to loo just like first tri lol to see if any plug or discharge is on the towel lol i think its all these threads i read on here when people post so i start to worry or pannick hahaha.

anyways i thought i would post up my progression pik. I swear to me my bump looks smaller :S lol

Attachments

• progress 2.jpg
    progress 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
Nimbec sending you so much love today! DS was born on Mother's Day and let me just tell you it makes the day all the more special - the ultimate Mother's Day gift <3 I pray all goes well and you are holding your precious LO in your arms - all the pain will disappear once you are looking into that sweet face!

Will do a bigger update later as about to get the day rolling here (a good crazy lol!) but here are a few pics - big brother meeting baby for the first time and all packed up in the carseat for the ride home from hospital yesterday afternoon - couldn't believe how tiny she looked in there but looked back at pics and DS was the same - tiny peanuts! In a nutshell we are all doing great so far and LO is already a surprisingly strong nurser and my milk is already coming in which I am so thrilled about as it's so much easier this time around.

Attachments

• 51861A0D-854A-448C-ACAC-AAB07C9E44F7-1319-0000012CB4CB605C.jpg
    51861A0D-854A-448C-ACAC-AAB07C9E44F7-1319-0000012CB4CB605C.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 5ED18637-73D8-47F4-8443-49021E5B84DA-1319-0000012CA7D4EAA2.jpg
    5ED18637-73D8-47F4-8443-49021E5B84DA-1319-0000012CA7D4EAA2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 6
  • E6209437-4818-4FB6-B19E-AEB09D59C545-1319-0000012C947AE3AA.jpg
    E6209437-4818-4FB6-B19E-AEB09D59C545-1319-0000012C947AE3AA.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 9
sheis gorgeous hun glad your keeping ok xxx

Sweetpea they are gorgeous pictures! I cannot believe how tiny Scarlett looks in her car seat, it terrifies me to think they are that teeny!

I'm so glad that all is going well, I am sure you are enjoying every second, and so pleased to hear that she is nursing well. It makes me so impatient for my LO to get here, but scared at the same time that I'll be in charge of something so tiny!!

Doggy DS isn't even two yet but I still had the 'omg now I have to take this tiny thing home and somehow take care of it?' moment. Don't be scared you really do just get on with it. You will do just fine <3

Hi update from Nimbec, shes been delayed going into theatre but they are looking at taking her down around 5pm, shes VERY excited!

Cherry, you are right that last bump pic does look smaller! Probably a change in babies position.

Sweetpea, gorgous pics!

AFM, Oh man im in so much pain down below, cant move or walk properly, its not contraction type pain, more like baby position on a nerve or something, hope its not my section scar!

Sweetpea shes so cute in her carseat she looks so tiny! Im so happy for you that she got to come home so quickly and has no problems. She really is a little princess xxx

melissasbump my little man has dropped and is laying on nerves in my back now it gets really painful at times. I found personally laying down takes the pressure off for a while but going number two is absolutely painful now :( Thank you for the update on nimbec Im so happy for her that she is finally getting her csec she should in no way have had to wait until tuesday or thursday. That would be terrible for her so its great that shes having lo today :) Tell her happy mothers day from me and I wish her well xx

afm I got some lovely cards and flowers from my babies today when I woke up. Im feeling even better today just deaf in one ear still apparently it takes upto six weeks to get hearing back after the drum bursts.. yay.. 35WEEKS TODAY :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->