April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Doggylover and nimbec, I'm still in a lot of pain but it's 10.15pm here and I don't want to bother ringing the mw to go up to the hospital and be sent back home. I know that sounds dreadful but the hospital is an hour away and all the kids are asleep. I will definately call if it does not go through the night. Cherry, i hope your not still getting the back pain it's awful isn't it? Thanks so much for the tips. I'm now in bed with my Wheat bag and I've taken some panadol. Please let me know what the mw says about it. xx

:happydance: CONGRATS SweetPea!!!! Scarlett is completely beautiful!! :happydance: Way to go mamma!! You must be so relieved to have your baby in your arms finally. Glad to hear that so far everything seems good and there's no complications. Your early bird just wanted to say hello. :winkwink:

Nimbec: I hope everything goes well for you at the hospital and that they can sort things out for you. Maybe there will be a bed free now? Fingers crosed either way that things go ok for you.

doggylover: Goodluck on your last day at work today!! although I realize with the time difference you're probably pretty close to being done already. :hugs:

Congratulations doggylover!!! Yay!!! And love the updated front page!! Xxx

I'm so excited about Scarlett being here! But at the same time, I am super jealous (and not ashamed to admit it!)! Sweetpea and I used to be due date buddies, so I feel like it's all getting serious now!

Kristy: sorry to hear you are still suffering, and totally understand you not wanting to head to the hospital, but take care of yourself:hugs:

Nimbec: Your lo is the biggest joker! Keeping you on your toes is an understatement! I hope everything is going OK, keep us or Melissa updated!

AFM: I brought creme eggs in for my form class today. Now one boy was in fight BEFORE school and was in the process of getting suspended when I gave them out, so he didn't get his. He came to me an hour later saying could he have it, to which I replied negatively that, since he has been suspended, he could not. I left a note on it so he can get it when he returns on Tuesday.
His dad, when he came to pick him up, SCREAMED at the teacher in charge of suspensions about the fact that I didn't give it to him right then.

Yes, imagine me not rewarding a kid who JUST BEAT SOMEONE UP. How horrific of me, I'm soooooo unreasonable....

Some parents are NUTS.

Omg sweetPea... Sorry to be the last to congratulate you, but she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! To me (very naive FTM eyes) she looks a lot like your DS in the profile pic!! How amazing that you had such a "pleasant" (or at least quick) birth. Can't wait to hear all the details.

It's funny, with so many boys on the April thread, I was betting on our first LO being a boy... But leave it to them, to throw us for a loop :haha:

Nimbec, I hope you are getting some pain relief at this point. Just keep the end goal in mind... You are SOOO close!!!

Congratulations doggylover!!! Yay!!! And love the updated front page!! Xxx

I'm so excited about Scarlett being here! But at the same time, I am super jealous (and not ashamed to admit it!)! Sweetpea and I used to be due date buddies, so I feel like it's all getting serious now!

Kristy: sorry to hear you are still suffering, and totally understand you not wanting to head to the hospital, but take care of yourself:hugs:

Nimbec: Your lo is the biggest joker! Keeping you on your toes is an understatement! I hope everything is going OK, keep us or Melissa updated!

AFM: I brought creme eggs in for my form class today. Now one boy was in fight BEFORE school and was in the process of getting suspended when I gave them out, so he didn't get his. He came to me an hour later saying could he have it, to which I replied negatively that, since he has been suspended, he could not. I left a note on it so he can get it when he returns on Tuesday.
His dad, when he came to pick him up, SCREAMED at the teacher in charge of suspensions about the fact that I didn't give it to him right then.

Yes, imagine me not rewarding a kid who JUST BEAT SOMEONE UP. How horrific of me, I'm soooooo unreasonable....

Some parents are NUTS.

How dare you, not give the kid his treat :dohh:

Congratulations Sweetpea! Scarlett is absolutely GORGEOUS! And what an awesome size for her age -- well done, mama!

I know Steph, I'm so evil :haha:

Good point about there being so many boys and Scarlett being a girl coming first. She was just an eager beaver!

I think Nimbec's little man won't be far behind though!!

Dano -- Sorry you're not getting the potential birth you wanted. I the GBS conversation with my doctor last week because she told me I'd be tested for it next week. I asked her what the point of testing again was when I was positive for it last time and she said it's the "rules" and proceeded to bitch about how stupid they were. :haha: She said even if I'm negative this time, I'm right to want antibiotics during labor because I could very well be positive again by that time. But she did say if I'm negative this time, it's essentially my choice since "the rule" is to test every time. Pretty sure it'll come back positive again this time anyway so I'm not going to think much about it until I know the results again in a couple of weeks. One thing I have going for me (lol, or not) is that my labor the first time wasn't especially quick or anything so I think I'm comfortable laboring at home for a while. Took about 4 hours for me to get from "OH MY GOD, I'M DYING" (at which point I should already be admitted into the hospital this time) to 10cm last time, so that should be plenty of time to be hooked up to the IV for antibiotics. :rofl:

Doggylover -- Thinking of you today! I set my bail-out date for work at 2 weeks from today and although I HATE this place, I already feel conflicted about it. Mainly because I have *never* not worked full-time before, not since I was 15. Feels really awkward to me to rely on someone else financially. It shouldn't, because my husband has been relying on me for the last 6 years and I think it's way past time he returns the favor, but it definitely feels strange. Oh, and I suck at keeping plants alive, too. Kids are WAY more demanding, so it's hard to forget to feed them & stuff. :haha: They're much more like dogs than they are like plants, so you'll be just fine. :winkwink: All I can do is roll my eyes about that kid's dad. Gee, wonder why the kid has behavior issues. :dohh:

I must be feeling a bit better today with the cold symptoms because I'm noticing my pregnancy symptoms way more again. :haha:

doggylover, it's parents like that who raise kids like him. He gets away with it so he carries on. I don't really understand some people's parenting skills.. :/

Is there any news from Nimbec yet?

Kirstyrich how is your back pain now? I've been having a lot of that the past week it's horrible.

Aaron left me!! I don't really know what I done wrong. I think he was just looking for a way out and took the smallest issue and now he's gone. He was really rude to be for the past few evenings, telling me he didn't care about what I had to say and basically telling me to shut up, when I was talking to him about my day he would change the subject to football. When he was 18 a few weeks before we got together he went to a strip club for his 18th and got a lap dance and it's always been a really sore subject between us, anyway this guy he works with went to the same place a few weeks ago and had a dance and was talkign about it all over facebook, i didn't want to know so I removed him, kinda drastic I know, anyway Aaron goes and adds him back on facebook yesterday morning and this guy started telling me all about this dance he got from this girl describing the club and stuff and it just sparked a small row between me and Aaron. Anyway an hour later we were fine and were watching movies then he comes home after work, he's fine with me then, then he has dinner and he starts being really rude to me again, so I told him it hurt my feelings that he was talking to me like crap then I got ignored all night last night and this morning he come home basically the same. Then I started to cry and he left!!! He left 20 mins before the midwife appointment!! So I havent had my check now, I havent seen her since week 28!!! and he left me with no choice but to go and pick up the kids with blood and pus still running out of my ear and a bad throat infection, I felt so dizzy and faint. I don't know why he's doing this!? So I guess there I am again this time alone with 3 kids! great!

Sweetpea she is beautiful! She looks so perfect, I imagined early babies to look smaller but she looks just perfect. I guess she knew she was just right, bless her. :hugs:

Hope everyone else's pains start to ease up, thinking of you all!

Doggy Lover I agree with Little Spy that it is easy to see where that kid gets his issues from. If I showed up at my kids school to collect them after being suspended for beating someone up and then they moaned to me about not getting a creme egg... :growlmad: they would be sorry! I think you are being very nice even leaving it for them for Tuesday! Hope you make it through the rest of the day okay. It is always hard to say goodbye, even when you are glad about where you are going! :hugs:

It is dumping snow here still, much more than yesterday so I am feeling very cooped in the house. I was hoping my DH might work from home, but he is too busy after being away so he had to go in :( I have never in my life been such a clingy weirdo. I'm usually very independent and have no problem being by myself and things. It is strange the things these hormones do to us! I am also dying for some chocolate. I have been eating so much chocolate lately I'm convinced my child will be born in a purple wrapper. Th Cadbury Kid! :haha:

OMG Uk Girl what is he thinking?! There is no time for this BS, he needs to sort himself out right now. I'm sure he will be back soon and feel very bad indeed about leaving you sick and not able to get to the MW. I'm so sorry he is doing this to you!

Thanks Kristabelle Im wondering if hes freaking out as its so close to my due date now.. I thinkbhes nervous and Im getting the shit for it. Im so mad at him right now Im torn between wanting him to come home or not.

Oh Candy what the hell is Aaron playing at at a time like this? How selfish can you get? I really hope you are ok and he sorts himself out real quick!

Doggylover, really hope you last day went well and you didnt cry too much!

Kirstabelle, im with you on the clingy front, hormones truely are crazy things!

Littlespy, glad you are feeling a bit better, how are Scott and Maisie doing?

Sorry to those of us who are in pain, i am one of those, have excruciating pain left hip/groin area when i get up i want to cry in pain.

Saw MW Today, BP still high, still protein, but todays bloods were ok wooo hoo so havent had to go into hospital again, hoping i wont have to until consulant next fri when il get my c section date, which, if things stay as they are, may well be at 37 weeks, so i may have my baby in less than 2 weeks! crazy!
I had really period like cramps in bed last night which were worrying me a bit, i really cant be doing with going into spontanious labour as my parents are away till next fri and we have no childcare!

Sorry to those of us who are in pain, i am one of those, have excruciating pain left hip/groin area when i get up i want to cry in pain.

Saw MW Today, BP still high, still protein, but todays bloods were ok wooo hoo so havent had to go into hospital again, hoping i wont have to until consulant next fri when il get my c section date, which, if things stay as they are, may well be at 37 weeks, so i may have my baby in less than 2 weeks! crazy!
I had really period like cramps in bed last night which were worrying me a bit, i really cant be doing with going into spontanious labour as my parents are away till next fri and we have no childcare!

Sorry you are in pain Melissa, and hope the cramps are nothing serious and go away soon! At least until next Friday!! That is amazing that baby could be here in two weeks! Doggy Lover is going to have to change the title of the thread to April-ish Munchkins :haha:

Update from Nimbec...
She is in hospital waiting on a decision as to where she will be transferred as they want to do the section ASAP, either tonight or tomorrow. The issue is still no SCBU beds available.

Lol love Aprilish munchkins. Im probably being a little paranoid re the cramping but the pain, oh my god!
Ive never wanted my mum to be about as much as i do right now. not that id ever tell her and spoil her holiday, but if she wasnt here and i had the baby.. .she would be devastated!

My goodness, that seems crazy, poor Nimbec. How can they have no beds available for a woman they think needs a section ASAP?! Hope they find a spot for her!

My goodness, that seems crazy, poor Nimbec. How can they have no beds available for a woman they think needs a section ASAP?! Hope they find a spot for her!

Its a special care baby bed they are stuck for i believe, in case the baby needs extra care after his birth.

Poor Nimbec.. I agree with Kristabelle its terrible they have no beds... she'll possibly have to transfer out of wales I think she said.. I hope a bed becomes available for her soon bless her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->