April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hope all is well at your appt Ready to Mum!

I was thinking the next baby might be you Melissa or maybe Mommabrown, I know she has her section date already but I can't remember what it is. Maybe she will pop on soon.

I am trying not to think too much about my due date, and just sort of thinking generally about how she'll be here "soon". I just finished washing her last batch of clothes yesterday and put them all away, and just finishing prepping her dipes today. Also going to pack her hospital bag today, but still can't properly pack mine as I am still in the midst of a debacle with Destination Maternity for my pajamas. I thought my bookcase saga was bad, I think this is actually worse. Mistake after mistake. Jerks.

I am also working my way through a box of girl scout cookies. Thin Mints. Mmmmm!

Kirstabelle, im probably P*****g in the wind but due to my current issues im hoping i may be able to convince the consultant to book me in for next week. If not then def the following week. When i think about it im like "EEEEKKK"

oh and Nimbec, just wanted to say it was a pleasure and a privilige to be your text buddy and to be able to tell all these lovely ladies your very special news. I hope you and Harrison are continuing to do well xx

If you think your home is messy now wait until the toddler phase :p

Ugh, exactly! I can't even bare the thought of trying to clean my house for this baby. I can bust my ass cleaning the living room for an hour while Maisie is napping and it *literally* takes her 2 minutes to destroy it again. We've all been sick for over a week now so haven't cleaned a bit and it just looks like it always does (completely destroyed). :haha:

Oh don't, I don't know how I will survive a toddler, I need everything in its right place! I don't mind having all the toys out with my nephew, but then I expect him (now he's almost 2!) to help put some bits and bobs back. I will be teaching my child how to tidy from age 0 :haha:

Kirstabelle, you haven't had much luck with things you've been buying lately that's for sure. And especially annoying that its stopping you from finishing your bag!

I also think Melissa might be next! And then steph maybe not far behind...(I have nothing to base this on at all of course!)

Oh ok just read that post from Melissa about potentially going next week...:dohh: that would make me right though :haha:

I was out walking the dogs (in the -1 weather...) and there is a man at the end of my street who is a fair weather walker (its cold, but sunny!) and he is extremely overweight. So when he started catching up on me I thought "I cannot let this man over take me" so I really pushed myself to walk faster. Now I think my legs have fallen off. What an idiot I am.

Ugh, exactly! I can't even bare the thought of trying to clean my house for this baby. I can bust my ass cleaning the living room for an hour while Maisie is napping and it *literally* takes her 2 minutes to destroy it again. We've all been sick for over a week now so haven't cleaned a bit and it just looks like it always does (completely destroyed). :haha:

Ditto Ive been ill for the past week too.. luckily Aaron tidied lots on the weekend but its stoll messy. I do mine when they are at school I dont know why I bother because the next day I have to redo it all.. thank goodness the drawing on the walls and stick handprints on doors and mirrors part is over!! Hope you feel better soon xx

Lucas is a sweety he puts things away but Connie leaves crap everywhere... I thouh girls were meant to be more domesticated???

Melissa can you choose to have a c section?? I see lots of ladies on here saying they elected to have one but I thought you could only have one if there was a problem giving birth naturally? Things were much more strict in Norway they only induced after 42 weeks and didnt do sweeps.. here its totally relaxed I like it lol

Im sad im looking at the mount of pages there is to this thread lol nearly a 1000 pages... Im so amused :| xxxxx

Candy I know here that you can ask for a c section, but they need you to give them a reason which is more than "cause I want one" ! If you ask for one and say that it's because you have a fear of giving birth naturally, they send you for a psychiatric assessment to confirm the fear and then let you have one. So if you want one they are pretty easy to get (apparently).

Wow doggylover!! I didnt know we could do that.. to be honest I would prefer a natural birth it miht be more painful but I dont think I could handle being awake and cut open.. I have anxiety attacks when I feel trapped and being medicated to not being able to move while someone pulls a baby out of my gut is about as bad as it gets lol plus Ive heard sickness is involved and I have panic attacks over that lol I dont like the recovery time either. I can understand why ladies would want one though you mnwo when babies coming and its over quickly! Lol

Hope they give you the date you want Melissa! I think I remember you saying you had a section with Harrison and that is why you are having one this time. Which I think is the same situation with Momma Brown. I think you can definitely choose an elective c-section here in the US, although I would imagine you would need to find an amenable doctor who does elective c-sections. :shrug: But I have no idea really as my experience with ob/gyns here is very minimal.

Yep, we are almost at 1000 pages of chatter. Why does that not surprise me? :haha: I wish Maybe Soon would come back, it feels quite sad that someone who was with us for so long is missing the babies now :( I hope that everything is okay with her and Mason.

Oh and Candy I was horribly messy growing up, especially bad as a teenager and now people make fun of me for how tidy my house is :haha: But I imagine that will be ending VERY soon!

I know, Doggy Lover, I don't know why it is all my orders that get messed up. :growlmad: Its so annoying!!

Candy, I am having an elective this time as had an EMCS last time with Harrison, a horrible full labour with complications at the end etc etc. If you have had an EMCS you can then generally speaking have an elective the 2nd time around.

A Policy was passed last year in the UK which apparently allows anyone to have an elective now but dont think many hospitals really taken it on board and you still have to have a decent reason for them to do it as Doggy says.

i was completely anti c section for myself before my last birth but after my labour experiance and subsequent section ive gone the other way and labour terrifies the life out of me!

I am not anti c section, I would definitely have one if I needed it, no questions asked, but I would never choose it for myself. I know that having had one it makes it a lot more difficult to go on and have a regular birth, and I think once you've had one and know it isn't as awful as people make sound, then it wouldn't be so scary to have a second! Honestly I read one of the articles that flash up on here yesterday called "7 reasons you don't want a c section" I don't know who writes those articles but it basically said "BECAUSE YOU COULD DIE" which is such a pile of crap.

As I get closer to my due date, I wish I WAS having a section so I'd know when then damn baby will be here :haha:

And now officially 1000 pages of chat - @ 10 posts a page that is 10,000 posts! We talk too much!

Oh definitly if I needed one I would do it but I would be shitting bricks the whole way through.. I guess once baby is out and you get to have cuddles time flies by and before you know it your all stitched up and out of there. My first night with my babies went by in a flash. I understand completely if you have a valid reason for wanting a c section though. I actually admire women who have had one because it must be terrifying!

I wouldn't say I'm scared of having one, but that's probably only because I've not given it much thought...I think if I knew it was coming I'd be thinking all sorts and get in a right panic about it!

Ugh.......why is my baby taking so long to get here?! GET OUT YOU BEAST!

Il be on my 3rd section, and im terrified.

First was an emergency, id had 30 hrs of labour, no contractions, lots of pelvic pain though, I had the epidural after 11 hours of no progress, then had to wait ages for the section, I was pretty high on gas and air so wasn't really scared at the time. The docs said that my pelvic cavity would never be wide enough to allow a baby to pass through it, which I found funny, as im a larger lady lol.

I wasn't so nervous when I had my 2nd, but this time, im terrified, as I somehow developed an anxiety disorder over the past few years, I was on medication before I found out I was pregnant. So im really hoping I dont flip out on theatre :/

Awww i feel so much better when for a shower instead of a bath and oh my i so missed having showers lol. Find it easier to get into and out that way but if i took a bath im stuck lol. Plus i read with having an infection your better to have a shower. Feels so relaxed now :). Whooop for all our chatting lol xx

Well ladies... I'm not really sure how my appointment went yet. :shrug:

My Dr. said that my heartrate is not affecting baby's heartrate... so that much was a relief!

She sent me for some blood work, urine test, and a 5 minute ECG test. And then tomorrow morning I have to go to a cardiologist to get rigged up for a 24 hour heart test. Apparently it's like a portable box I wear around my waist hooked up to a monitor on my chest. Hopefully one of those tests will explain what's going on.

When I finished the ECG test the technician said to me, "wow, it takes you a while to calm down." NO KIDDING? That's why I'm here! Because my heart is beating too fast!! :dohh:

ukgirl -- Yes, we're in the thick of the drawing on the walls (and fridge and treadmill and kitchen cabinets, and floors, etc) phase right now. :dohh: Hope you feel better soon, too. :flower:

I was pretty afraid of a c-section with my first because being restained and cut open scared me so much. But after the tear I had and a few friends with nice, easy c-section recoveries, I'm now just as afraid of natural birth/recovery. :haha: I still want a vaginal birth this time, I'd just prefer not to have a new one ripped. Suffice it to say my perineum is definitely being massaged this go-round. :blush: And EPO will be going up the hoo-ha overnight as well starting in a couple of weeks. :haha:

Obviously, I'm finally starting to feel better. I just ate an entire bag of dark chocolate covered pretzels. It seemed like a pretty small bag... but I decided to look at the nutrition information (after I ate the bag, of course :dohh:) and apparently it contained 7 servings (bullshit!). :blush: Haven't eaten junk food since getting sick last Sunday (I lost 2 pounds! :haha:). Oh well. I guess I just made up for it in one sitting.

I'd just prefer not to have a new one ripped.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

you have just terrified me!

Readytomum: hmmm...so I guess that they are concerned enough about your heart rate to want you back tomorrow? As you say, hard to know how it went, but at least whatever it is is not affecting Peter.

Just ordered my snuza go which I think is officially the last baby item I needed to get :happydance: now I just need a damn baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->