April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Wanted to add a huge thank you to Melissa for keeping us all updated but most importantly being there for Nimbec in all our places - you are truly a loyal friend!

Was flipping through the pics on DHs phone and found these 2 gems LOL!

Attachments

• 870417A0-F7D3-4F92-94E5-9BCFB2A7E837-330-000000B489C4111E.jpg
    870417A0-F7D3-4F92-94E5-9BCFB2A7E837-330-000000B489C4111E.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
  • B6D6BDDC-C8C6-4B02-A1BC-C822697B4FAF-330-000000B4802EC144.jpg
    B6D6BDDC-C8C6-4B02-A1BC-C822697B4FAF-330-000000B4802EC144.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Sweetpea, im trying but the main thing is she knows you are all here rooting for her too, and she does! X x

Oh dear... poor Nimbec! :hugs:
But I'm glad the doctors say that he will be better in a few days!! If he is anything like his mom... a fighter... I'm sure he will be kicking and screaming his way to his mommy in no time!!!!!

Sarah, REST! Maternity leave is NOT for over doing it!! :wacko:

I hope everyone has a quiet day and gets some time to relax.

AFM, we have auditors at work and they are running me into the ground :wacko:. I guess, at least it makes the day go by faster.

LittleSpy, you were right by the way :blush:. My doctors said I was not allowed to travel to my job interview :nope:. I'm going to try to see if they would be willing to set it up as a video interview, but I think its a long shot! Worst case scenario, I will see how my progress is at my doctors appointment on Monday and then decide if I should still drive the 4 hours on Tuesday :shrug:

Oh no... Poor Nimbec. She just can't seem to catch a break!! Many hugs heading her way! Hopefully little Harrison will be all better and able to snuggle with mamma super soon. :hugs:

melissabump: as the others have said, thanks again for keeping us updated on how Nimbec is making out, and I'm sure she really appreciates you relaying our thoughts back to her. You're an awesome text buddy!

sweetpea: Those pics are adorable! lol I like the first one where her face is all scrunched up. Daddy must have told her a bad joke. :haha: I hope everything is going well for you guys. What does your DS think about having a new baby hanging around?

AFM, off to get wired up I go! I was told not eat two hours before the test, but because it's at 8:30am I haven't had breakfast because there was no way I was waking up at 6:30 just to eat... so I'm hungryyyyy!

I second what Sweetpea said about Melissa :thumbup: thanks for everything you have done, and are doing, in relation to keeping us updated and helping us support nimbec.

Sweetpea, I LOVE that second picture!!! It makes me laugh so much! What an adorable face!

Steph bad news about the job interview, but it would have been an insane day for you.

Readytomum - I've never heard of not eating before a heart rate test - they are evil round your way!!!

Ooops i missed adding that into my post lol

Thank you Melissa :) xxxxx

Ready I would treat yourself to a delicious brunch after your test! Tommy has been really good with her so far - even starting to ask to hold her if only for three seconds before he goes running off again! He is going to kids corner today (he calls it 'big toys' but its like a soft play area) but it will be extra special because daddy is going. Usually he goes with MIL as she watches him while DH and I are at work but since DH took the week off he is going to take him :)

Aw, thinking of Nimbec and baby Harrison. :hugs::flower: He's going to be doing absolutely awesome and out of the hospital in just a few days and when she looks back on it a couple months from now, it'll be almost nonexistant.

I had a friend who's baby unexpectedly ended up in the NICU because she inhaled the mucus plug on her way out (who knew crap like that even happened?! :shrug:). She was completely devastated to leave the hospital without her (as any mother would be). But she came home a few days later and she's 16 months old now and it's like that never even happened. :flower:

And on breastfeeding, it's a natural thing, but it doesn't always come naturally for women and/or babies. I think it's great to be prepared. All kinds of booby traps :)winkwink:) to fall into when you're a newb and I think that's why so many women give up so quickly. And there are, of course, things that can be amiss biologically (but most can be fixed! Tongue tie, lip tie, mom's hormones, etc). Luckily you ladies have me added into the average so I'll account for most of the percentage of primary lactation failure assuming those of us who actively chat here are a good sample of the population. :p

Thankyou all ladies, for your thanks theres really no need though:blush:
I know what its like from previously to go through your whole pregnancy with ladies on here, sharing things we wouldnt share with our closest friends, so at the end all we want is to be there for each other, via bnb, text or whatver method we can.

Im exausted, DS had swimming this morning then we just had a naughty pizza hut for lunch! Hes just gone down for a nap so i get to chill for a bit.
My friend who lives opposite and with whome im going to a toddler group with in the morning just came out and suggested a pizza hut buffet for lunch tomorrow too! Well i could hardly say no could i lol!

Mmmmm Pizza Hut... obviously pregnancy hormones aren't all gone from me yet hehehe!

Mmmmm... pizza hut lunch buffet is AWESOME. lol

I actually just got a flyer from them in the mail today. There's a new Pizza Hut Express that opened up just down the road a bit, they only do take-out though.

I didn't get to have a nice brunch after getting wired up, but I am going to a lunch buffet with DH and his sister, her hubby and our nephew. It's at a place called Spring Rolls. They do a delicious lunch menu. You can order whatever you want off the menu and they bring mini sized portions, so you can try a whole bunch of stuff!! Soooo good. :happydance:

Thanks Melissa for the updates on Nimbec.. I cant stop thinking about her and hoping that her and Harrison can have cuddles soon. Shes so tough and such a fighter and you can see her little man gets that from his mummy. She really is amazing. xx

omg shhhhhh about pizzahut!! I had pizza yesterday and would do it again lol.. Ive been over the top hungry lately. Must be on the mend or Bens having a growth spurt!
I remember when I come home from hospital after having Lucas I went shopping and brough tonnes of food and pigged out lol..

steph my kids knew where the boob was haha a few times I woke up to Lucas trying to self latch as we co-slept!! But yea they stuck on there and as soon as they were done they jusy kinda flopped off milk drunk hahahahaha.. Lucas used to hold my finger and look at me when he was feeding it was so cute.. you get a good bond from breastfeeding.

doggylover thank you for your lovely words on my mothering skills!! That was very kind. I think it was touh being alone with 2 babies under 2 so I had to learn to do everything for myself in the quickest bestest way possible and now its a breeze.. I hope I'll be able to help out some of you ftm if you need advice on co-sleeping and self soothing.. bottle feeding ect if you need it :) Ive learnt a lot too from you ladies like the oil thing... not for me but hope it works for you! Lol.. and littlespy has some amazing breastfeeding tips and advice so hopefully I will last longer than 6 months this time!

Readytomum good luck with your wires I hope its not too much of a bother.. its uncomfortable at the best of times right now without being all wired up!!

Cherrybump good luck at the midwife I hoep she can tell you why you have so much back ache xxx

sorry to anyone I missed Im using my phone as my laptop is still in for repairs and cant remember all of what I read lol..

afm ... we got our car seat today and will be bringing our pram home next week. Im so excited... my bag is almost fully packed just a few baby clothes and nighties to go in now and Im done :) xx

ukgirl: the biggest problem with the wires is that they had to scratch my skin with sandpaper where they attached the electrodes and tape to make sure it would stick better... so those spots are kind of like a burning/stingy sensation and since they're under the tape, there's nothing I can do about it except suck it up. (or sulk :haha:)

Ooh, also today is 34 weeks!! Only 6 more-ish to go.

Not with the Pizza Hut again! :haha: Crap, I was just craving it two days ago, too. :dohh:

Lol i just ate a cheese burger but talking of pizza hut makes me wanna go ive not been there in sooo long lol.

I have some of you on facebook so i do disappear(of into hospital) im sure someone will keep you guys posted lol.

ive just copied this from the other thread to update you on my midwife app lol

my results came back for my urine on friday which i forgot she was sending off lol came back all clear and my pain could be cause by paige being on a nerve she thinks. If i get any more pain i have to see my gp and then on hospital to get check out but since she has being pishing so hard around my belly that pain has gone.. Not had anything since :).

Paige is measuring a week ahead and midwife says she defo a good size baby could be around 8lbs eek!! still head down but she thought she might have change to breech as she size its pretty narrow down there i told her i still feel all those pops of hiccups down there so she said ohh that good then she just so hard on the top lol. She's now 2/5th engaged :) yay so ill having to get bouncing alot more lol. I also asked if i having gone before then can i keep a sweep at my next app which is at 39weeks so that the plan.

Ive just to carry on with my antibiotics anyways and hope the pain goes away totally but i now feel nothing so im hoping it was paige on my nerve lol. Super happy about my app lol

think that pretty much covers my app so reliefed and hope this pain does not come back lol saying that time for my next pill (antibiotic)

xxxxx

Did you realllllllly have to mention Pizza Hut? Really I honestly don't thinknit was nessisary !! Now I want it!!!! Lol!!!!!
Well today has been a seriously lazy day for me, we have had awful snow down here and had to take Paige to the docs as she has been complaining of her back hurting! Thing is ou just can't push a pushchair in the snow so we had to walk!!! Omg it's only 10-15 mins away! Took us 45 mins! Doctor said it could just be of an inflammation of her joints in the spinal cord and she has to take ibuprofen for a few days! She is not in agony with it, just all of a sudden will say mummy hurt and tuch her back so will see how she gets on! But walking there and back has killed me and my hips and pubic bone are in agony now, so had a nap with Paige in my bed and slept for 3 hours omg!!!! She is so not gonna sleep tonight!!!!! Nimbec my thoughts are with you him andninreally hope you can have cuddles with your lo soon and he makes a speedy recovery!!!
Melissa I agree too, you've been a fab text buddy thanks or keeping us all updated!!!!!! Cherry glad your appointment went well!

Hi ladies!

Thank you so much for your thoughts & lovely words it means a lot!!!! It's really tough but hey ho I just have to ride out the storm :)

I have a bit I news - I've had my first cuddle and it was amazing!!!

I've attached a picture of him in his pod in the incubator :) he looks really cute curled up, plus he is spending lots of time on his tummy to drain this fluid - which he loves!! I know out if hospital you can't really do this but I fear that he may end up having to sleep a bit on his front only when I'm watching as he loves it so much lol

He ha responded well to antibiotics but still a long way to go - he will be in for a good 2-3 weeks but that's ok as long as he gets better!

Sorry it's a one sided post I'm exhausted and as Melissa said I may not be on much for a few days as things are so busy here.

Thinking of you all!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member