April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Lol don't worry Hun! Ask away with all the gross questions! When I lost my plug with Paige I'd had contractions for a whole day, waters broke not long after I lost it! It was extremely thick and globby, with streaks of blood in it and was greenishy!!! Very gross! You would know! Lol infact I came running out the loo with it on tissue to show my mum haha! She was very freaked out! Sorry tmi hehe x

^^
Yes, mine was very thick and globby and greenish with bloody streaks, too. :sick: Oh... and it was a lot. Like I said above, I lost it when I was 3cm dilated at 38 weeks and it was unrelated to active labor in my case since I dilated so much before active labor started. I assume my OB kind of loosened it up when she checked my cervix that afternoon and that's why it came out.

I've seen a couple of suspect globs this time, but definitely not enough to be my plug. Could be pieces of it, though. Some women lose it gradually. So it could be that, or it could just be discharge.

Lol littlespy mine was a lot too!!! Looked a lot like something an alien would give birth too lol!!! Definatley lost it all in one go! My sil lost her slowly from 35 weeks onwards and was 3 days late with her last too!

Oh, and for any 2nd+timers -- I asked my OB if my crampy intense BH contractions were a 2nd+ pregnancy thing and she said absolutely. She also said they could be happening more frequently since I've been sick (I was having crampy contractions before I got sick, just not as often).

So yeah, I'm definitely going to be ignoring the beginning of labor this time. :haha: And that still doesn't really worry me. My mom is WAY more freaked out about it than I am (because I'll be traveling out of town so much in the 3 weeks leading up to my due date getting the new house ready). I'm thinking it's only a 2 hour drive, and while, yes, it would absolutely suck to be in active labor for 2 hours in the car, it's incredibly unlikely I'll end up pushing the baby out on the side of the interstate or something. :haha: My first labor took a good 10 hours, with pitocin so I expect a natural 2nd labor will take at least 5-6 hours, probably longer. :shrug:

LOL, kealz! I just remember I wiped, and saw it, and then it just kept coming and coming. I was astonished. Pretty gross stuff up there. :haha:

Lol littlespy I envy how calm your being about this!!!! I'm freaking out this time round more than I was when I was a ftm!!! I mean I have more complications this time round, but still! Our just like yeah I'll just do active labour in the car, possibly push her out on the side of the road! Omg can you send me some of your chilled out-ness my way please haha! X

How much was there? Maybe keep an eye on it and call you midwife to see what she says?
Candy sorry your still feeling rough! Hope you feel better soon! Dan-o glad all is ok with your lo! How big is lo measuring up? Ty say a few weeks either side is ok!
Sarah hope your hospital appointment goes ok.
Afm had a mw appointment today, he is still head down, growing well, and all is ok with everything else! She said that I will likely be induced at 37-38 weeks!!!!! Omg that is only 3-4 weeks away! Um....... I know I've done this before but I suddenly freaked out and had a mini panic attack at the tought that I don't even have my bags packed and he could be here in 3-4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will know for definite in 2weeks at my consultant appomtment!

Not much at all... Maybe half the tip of my pinky finger :haha:. Of course now I am feeling very very light AF cramps... Most likely induced by you saying that you had them ahahahah.

Just a quick update:

I kid you not- they CHANGED MY DUE DATE AGAIN!!!!! But the situation is now that I am "officially" due April 3rd (plucked out of their ass) but they will not let me go past 10th before they induce me!!

So at the longest that's four weeks today!!!

Oh doggylover its so silly that they keep changing their minds!! Xxx

its good to know tge bhs are normal maybe mine are worse because Im poorly? xx

dan-o sounds awful that you are still struggling with sickness

steph It does sound like your plug or part of it. it can grow back i read.. I didnt have a plug with my last two... not even when my waters broke so Im not sure

I have SUBWAY mmmmmmmmm italian bmt!!! :p

Lol Steph don't blame me haha! I had awful ad like cramps last night! Had to have a hot bath and go straight to bed they were that bad! I'm fine today though so hopefully it will calm down for you too!!!
Aww Sarah that's crap they have changed your dates again!!!! Seriously how annoying!!!! :( but yay only 4weeks! You never know we could be having babies on the same day as they r looking to induce me possibly on the 10th lol!!!! X

Ahahaha LittleSpy and Kealz you girls are awesome :thumbup:.

If I birth an alien like structure later on, I'll make sure to take note :haha:

Jenny im the same lol. I end up reading few pages and then i get distracted lol.

Just quick update from me. clean the living room :) hoovering is done and dishes are done so chuffed. but when i first tried to sit down my back when super sore :( but im ok now took pain killers next does of antibiotics soon lol.

Just need to try and keep it this way so when i go into labor i dont need to worry about it when i get home lol or ill have to beat ryan up...

Hope everyone else is ok. xxxx

Kealz that would be amazing! I'd love our Los to share their bday! Might make being text buddies a challenge!

I'm just pleased I finally have a firm date and know the latest lo will be here (which is actually two days earlier than if they had kept me 29th march and induced after two weeks!) so I'm happy :)

Oh Sarah, at least your already used to their shenanigans :haha:. 4 weeks is not to bad (worst case). But seriously... What was their reasoning for changing it now?? Rediculous!:growlmad:

Cherry, hopefully you will start to feel better. Look like you and Candy just can't shake whatever is making you sick :hugs:

I know lol but that pain in my back as pretty much nearly gone lol :)..

does anyone else seem to get a really stuffy nose. Sometimes my nose is clear but like through the night it goes stuffy :( its a bit stuffy just now hate blowing my nose now lol

Doggy what the hell!?! BUT happy for you that you have an official due date and an official definite end date if you go over!

We've been having to have bloods taken every morning the past three mornings for Scarlett as she has jaundice - DS did too although I think his was a little worse. It's really common in babies born before 37 weeks so I was pretty much expecting it again! Once the bilirubin numbers drop at all it means they are on the mend and as long as they keep feeding well the numbers won't increase anymore. It went up a hair yesterday so we had to go back again this morning for the third time. Jaundice clears more slowly in bf'd babies than formula fed so it was making me really nervous that her levels weren't clearing fast enough and I would have to supplement with formula as the bloods were nearing the danger zone where she would have to go back to the hospital and be under the lights. I bf'd like a crazy woman yesterday and!!! - we just got the call that her numbers are starting to drop so she is in the clear! Now I feel I can truly relax and enjoy the newborn days without that worry in the back of my mind :cloud9: It helps that her ped is completely pro bfing and hadn't even mentioned formula yet, but I am still glad we managed without it... I did with DS and was never able to get him back on the breast (was a combo of reasons though).

Cherry I had pregnancy congestion from day 1 with both my LOs - def worse in the mornings but in general annoying as hell! The good thing is as soon as I delivered it totally went away right away so hang in there!

Oh man you ladies have been chatty today!

Love the plug talk and graphic descriptions!:sick: lol I keep a look out every time i go to the toilet these days

Dan o, boo to the sickness, is anyone else still sick every day? im sick 1st thing every morning without fail. My poor DS sometimes is standing next to me either doing impressions of me wretching or trying to kiss me!

Doggylover, its getting quite funny now re your dates, lets hope this is the last time!

Candy, boo to feeling rough still!

Cherry, dont clean too hard, make sure you still get plenty of rest! Glad your back is a little better, i just had a weird spasm thing going on with mine, yet another weird prego symptom no doubt. Oh and i get that stuffy nose thing too, especially at night and when i blow my nose in the morning its quite bloody. i had it last pregnancy too so havent taken a lot of notice.

Sweetpea, so glad Scarletts jaundice is improving and that you are doing so well with the BF.

Sorry to anyone ive missed, ive managed to get a lovely hours nap after as hectic morning of toddler singing group and pizza hut. To be honest wasnt really into the pizza today, but my friend wanted to go so couldnt let her down. Even though ive napped still feel tired and baby seems to have a constant supply of hiccups at the mo, i swear its turned head down now, pelvic pressure and in the tops of legs is immense!
Looking forward to a chilled out evening on the sofa, only 2 days till my mum is back yay!!

Melissa you weren't into the pizza?! What a waste!! :haha:

Sweetpea, thank heavens Scarlett's numbers are dropping, I'm sure supplementing with formula wasn't something you would have really wanted to do, but glad she is on the mend.

Re: my dates. So we went in and the woman was SO RUDE. We explained what had happened in the past (i.e. dates changed at every hospital appointment) and she said "On who's authority? These have been changed by people who have no authority to do so." To which DH said "Well, they were changed in the file, we were told to base maternity leave on that, how are we supposed to know who has 'the authority' to change them? As far as we are concerned they were changed"
And she went on and on about how basically this was OUR FAULT for listening to someone who "wasn't a dr" and letting them change the dates :huh: Sorry, if a medical professional tells me the dates change, in my mind, THE DATES HAVE CHANGED!
Anyway, she did a scan and LO is measuring around 37 weeks, so pretty much on track.
Then I aired my fears about going overdue, and she said that if there is confusion about dates, the consultant will agree to induce you on the latest due date (so for me the 10th April), but she went away to ask him.
She came back with the news that the consultant had said that I needed a new due date, and decided to go half way between the other 2 - i.e. 3rd April, BUT to say they won't let me go any more than 7 days over i.e. 10th April. Even she seemed confused about that!
She was also MUCH nicer on return, apparently this has been happening a lot in our hospital, people 'without authority' changing due dates.

Hi ladies. Sorry i have been MIA....

Nimbec oh I am so in love with your handsome little man!!!<3<3<3

Steph did you ever hear from Maybesoon??? :confused::confused:

Sweetpea so glad darling little Scarlett is doing better. TBH i am so jealous of you and Nimbec for having your Lo's in your arms already! But i can hang on to this little stinker of mine awhile longer.

Ukgirl and Little Spy sorry to hear BH are giving you so much trouble! :hugs:

Doggylover...wow they moved it back with out authority! I would be very pissed :evil:by this but at least you know by the latest when you will be jumping aboard the labor train!

Cherrybump I have been cleaning like a mad woman too. I threaten DH about messing up and not cleaning up after himself! When i had my other LO's my mom came and made sure everything was in order for us before we got home. This time around my MIL is coming to stay for a week after Emme is born to give us some help.

I don't know if i have missed anyone...i left and there was like 900 and something pages and now it is over the 1000's! You ladies have been busy!

afm, i have been busy busy busy getting everything in order for the baby shower this weekend!:happydance: I am completely off the breathine and have been having contractions at 45 mins apart for days now lasting 30-45 seconds long. Some are mild others are a bit more intense. But still no baby. I suspect she won't arrive for another 27 days as she is scheduled to be evicted on the 9th of April. :dohh: But i am still chugging along!

Sweetpea so glad her numbers are doing well now! Well done on BFing to the max!! lol xx

Cherrybump I have congestion every morning too I think it's the hormones which cause mucus to form, I've had it with all 3 of mine. I just have a good pick hahaha.. :p

doggylover what a mess they are in over your dates!!! Hopefully LO will come naturally so you don't go over. It is not your fault at all, you were told to follow the dates they gave you so you have. What else could you do???

I have my laptop back!!! Its finally fixed!!! so I can type type type :D yay!!!
I'm feeling a bit better this evening but I ate too much lunch. I come home from the school run to find a for sale sign drilled into the front wall of our flat!!!!!!!! No one even told us anything!!!!! It says freehold for sale :/ I'm kind of annoyed that no one told us.

Is anyone else having problems going number 2? I get really bad cramps now when I go, I guess baby Benno is laying on a nerve or something :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->