April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Candy I was thinking that we will have a Ben each if mine is a boy! :mrgreen: I might go for Benji though (as his mummy who will adore him. Everyone else can have Ben!) and dh is not convinced he will ever be able to do anything but Benjamin, so the poor kid will be so confused!!!

Mrs green sorry to hear about your pre-e :( but glad you are off work and have more time to catch up with us!! Hopefully you aren't too achey.

Kirstabelle, you are going to have a lovely tiny baby then! This is where your mw got it spectacularly wrong and she comes out 10lb :haha: I've been feeling a bit funny as well after eating, and candy suggested eating smaller meals which has definitely helped :thumbup: and when I say smaller meals, I mean cramming my face with chocolate every few moments. Little and often!!
And thank you for the lovely comment about the baby's name :) famous sounding is definitely a good thing :haha:

Steph: I think you should write a book "How to get your baby out" and fill it with all your tips :rofl: forcing him out through lack of space sounds good in theory...but then just think how full you would be when you reach the pushing stage which would mean a higher likelihood of pooping oneself! :haha:

Afm, I have a day of my nephew today while my brother and SIL move house which is great :) we are going to meet Simon for lunch, and then have an ikea trip planned (well that second bit is obviously all Jacob and nothing to do with me :haha: those one year olds LOVE ikea!)
Simon sent me a text this morning saying someone he knows at work only just found out I am pregnant today, even though everyone else obviously knows. That would have been a shock for her when I turn up later for lunch almost 39 weeks pregnant!

Sarah, I should call the book: "The true tales of birthing and how to make it happen" ... then it will have to come with a long list of warnings (kind of like medications do :rofl:) like:
* careful while sending a calendar and red marker into your uterus
* eating copious amounts of food WILL make you poop in labor
* a diet consistent of only chocolate may cause digestive problems
* forcing your OH to have sex with you, while you look and feel like a beached whale may lead to phycological issues later on; etc...

How could it not be a complete success :shrug::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi ladies! Well my stomach was solid before I had Harrison & my bits where a bit puffy - oh the joys!

Oh no Ukgirl I bet your dying to collect it!! Sorry to hear u got soaked :(

Welcome back mrsgreen sorry to hear you are unwell :(

Mommabrown yay on having kids over the break I'm so pleased for you :)

Well we had a 1am dash to a&e last night Harrison scared me to death his breathing went really erratic like really fast then just stopped then gasped and carried on - he's fine was seen by one of doctors thy looked after him in scbu, apparently preemies with what he has been through do this for a few months and I'm not to worry unless he constantly does it PHEW!!! Great news tho as they said his jaundice looked better so no need for re admission for light therapy :) I wish they had warned me as its typical ....bloody frightening!!

Just text Melissa to see how they are getting on. There is a photo on fb he is just gorgeous!!!

Nimbec that would have been terrifying! OMG I would have been stopping breathing along with him! Glad he is okay. How is your snuza working? Hopefully it is giving you some peace of mind when you are sleeping. :hugs: to you and Harrison after your fright!

Oh Steph I hate those warnings on the drug ads. I especially hate that one that's been on recently about the copper IUD coil and the ad is about how its all chemical free and natural blah blah blah and you start to think that sounds quite nice and then suddenly at the end they start the warnings about how it could cause inflammation and tearing of the uterus etc etc and you're like "WTH?"

Doggylover Benji is cute!! I call Benson Benno. xx

Steph that is a book I would buy!! :p

Nimbec that is so scary about Harrison I'm glad all is well now and he is doing good xxx

I've been peaking at Melissa's fb pics her little guys are soooo frikkin cute! <3

well I've been to mothercare today and brought the last of the bits I needed, been to newlook and got some new trousers for court and some shoes and paid and picked up our pram... I have to say that once I got it home and played with it... I hated it!!! I don't know why.. there's nothing really wrong with it... I just... hate it.. I think it must be hormones because it is very nice. I guess I had my heart set on the Evo but because I couldn't afford it had to settle for a second hand one and that might be why but I'm slowly coming round to it now.

I got some bed pads for in case my waters go in the night again haha! :p

I got some bed pads for in case my waters go in the night again haha! :p

I picked up a bed pad the other day too while I was out doing some errands. It's like an absorbant sheet used for kids who have bed wetting troubles. I figure it should work nicely! When DH saw it though he was totally appalled... apparently it had never dawned on him that my waters could break in bed, and he's totally horrified now. :haha: He keeps asking about his side of the bed and why I didn't get a pad for his side too. I tried to explain that unlike a boy peeing this won't be projectile spraying, but it didn't seem to sink in. :rofl:

Kristabelle, all those side effects are always horrible!! Much worse with medication in states I'm sure! Some are just funny though.. Like children's tylonol states: may cause drowsiness so don't operate heavy machinery! Ah yes... Those darn 5 year olds, falling asleep while driving forklifts ARE indeed becoming a problem :rofl:

Candy, I'm sorry your not happy with your pram! :hugs:. I'm sure it's hormone induced and you will love it soon!!!

Nimbec, I can't even imagine what you were going through last night!! But you are right, THAT is def something that should have been mentioned when you left the hospital!!!! :growlmad:

ReadytoMum, that is hilarious about DH and his worry about HIS side of the bed :haha:. I have one of those mattress covers, that I bought when I had my old dog sleeping in bed with me. She would sometimes have accidents, so I didn't want to ruin the mattress :blush:. Non dog lovers will think its completely gross but she WAS my child. Anyway, I should pull that thing out and put it back on the bed... Better safe then sorry, right?!?

I just gave Rob my "what to expect when expecting" book that he asked to read when I was done... :thumbup:... Little did I know, now the strange comments and questions have begun :dohh:. This morning he asked me if I was having contractions already (fair enough) and I told him... Some BH and mild cramping, but nothing serious or painful yet... His response: well hurry up then :dohh:.

Steph: I totally get it... my cat sleeps in bed with us at night. Thankfully no leakage problems in that direction, but he has serious sinus issues, so we're forever wiping his nose and trying not to get sneezed on. I keep telling DH it's good practice for when he needs to wipe LO's nose. :haha:

ukgirl: I'm sure once you give it some time you'll come to love your stroller! You liked it when you first picked it out, so the feeling will likely come back once you give it some time. What colour is it?

AFM, just poping on to procrastinate on exam prep. I had another package to pick up at the post office today and this one was from Nestle Baby! It was a really sweet freebies pack. It came with a 24 pack of Huggies NB diapers with a wetness indicator and umblical cord cut, a can of powder formula and a bottle, 8 pre mixed bottles of formula with an attachable nub, and a small cross shoulder diaper bag with change mat! We've got quite the little storage going on of formula now between the Nestle stuff and getting sent the Similac one twice!! Still hoping to avoid formula if we can, but we've got quite the stash if we need it.

Steph that is so nice that he wants to look at the book! My DH hasn't cracked a single one of my preggy books and I have been harping on at him to at least flick through even one of the birth books. I asked him the other week if he was just going to try to read them while I was in labor. He nodded and laughed. :wacko: He better not sit there asking me questions about things when I am in labor. I know that will make me so annoyed! I will be telling him to direct all questions to the doula because I am busy :haha: But in all seriousness I am very glad that we ended up getting a doula as I am not sure my DH will be that much help on his own. :winkwink:

Just got back from my follow up with the chiropractor. The deep tissue stuff hurt waaaay less this time and my hips are feeling so much better. Almost as good as when I wasn't full of baby!

OMG have you ladies seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txg7ahARj7M

And, I only just realized that you can rank threads on B&B with stars. I just gave our thread 5/5 obviously

Ha I mean everything is bigger than normal swollen. It isn't sore or anything but now im weirded out!

its from more blood flow isnt it? I cant say ive noticed but Ive pretty much been neglecting those parts recently!

Congratulations to all the ladies who have had their gorgeous LOs already! And to everyone else if you're anything like me I know you're having all types of aches, pains & sleepless so stay strong we're almost there!

Oh we are indeed!!!! I cant wait to hear about more babies being born. I am uber excited to do Candy's labour updates!! :cloud9: Come on Benson......

My kid has been wild lately too TeAmo. Yesterday morning when I was lying in bed she got one of her feet stuck between my ribs! I could feel her trying to get it unstuck and when she did there was an audible noise. I was worried she had broken something but then last night she was an absolute maniac, so no longer worried. :haha: I said to my MW today that I think when you are getting your limbs stuck in another person's skeleton it might be a sign that its time to be born!
!

OMG yes I know exactly that feeling. I dont remember feeling Campbell up under my ribs before but she gets her knees or something up in there and it feels like shes trying to pull them away from each other! So strange.

afm: I just got soaked on the school run, my tummy is still not good I have a feeling it wont be long now for me. I am meant to be getting my pram today and walking it home from the baby shop but it's raining so I don't think I'll get to try it out :(

saw this on FB this morning. Poor you! I am not looking forward to school runs! :dohh:

Sarah, I should call the book: "The true tales of birthing and how to make it happen" ... then it will have to come with a long list of warnings (kind of like medications do :rofl:) like:
* careful while sending a calendar and red marker into your uterus
* eating copious amounts of food WILL make you poop in labor
* a diet consistent of only chocolate may cause digestive problems
* forcing your OH to have sex with you, while you look and feel like a beached whale may lead to phycological issues later on; etc...

How could it not be a complete success :shrug::rofl::rofl::rofl:

tee-hee! this made me giggle lots.

Well we had a 1am dash to a&e last night Harrison scared me to death his breathing went really erratic like really fast then just stopped then gasped and carried on - he's fine was seen by one of doctors thy looked after him in scbu, apparently preemies with what he has been through do this for a few months and I'm not to worry unless he constantly does it PHEW!!! Great news tho as they said his jaundice looked better so no need for re admission for light therapy :) I wish they had warned me as its typical ....bloody frightening!!

OMG. I am so glad he is alright but that must have scared the life out of you!!!!! My twin neices were born at 32 weeks and I dont remember this happening but I guess if the doc says so then at least you know why xx

Hey ladies, Im still alive and kicking lol just had 3 pages to read and forgot most of it lol.

Just made my first ever stew it was yum. Made enough to freeze some lol.
Had little period cramps/pain either but nothing special lol

Hope everyone else is well xxx

I do like my pram a bit better now, I think it just needs a bit of sprucing up, oiling the wheels ect.. Aaron thinks I'm having a last minute freak out lol.
Yes I got soaked on the school run twice today and now I have to go back to the school for Luke's parents evening! :(
I'm hoping for a lovely warm bath tonight when Aaron get's home.. I can't have one unless he's home because I can't get out hahahahahaha!!

Cherrybump I love stew!! I made it for the first time a few months ago and my family now live off it haha :) x

I have to admire that dads ingenuity bless him!

Think i might start making it more often to lol. xxx

Ha I guess ladies. Nurse said it was from baby's head being pushed down on my cervix, when they did the check today they were pushing on her head and said it is right there. I am a bit nervous as it can be anytime now...but when they said that about DD she went for 2 1/2 weeks with out budging! Both DS were ready to get the heck out!

Nimbec and Doggylover thanks. I feel better knowing that they are ready to be home!

Ukgirl my Ex has not complied with the courts either and my attorney says that the judge will look down on him for that because there is no excuse anymore for why he has been dodging all of the requests made by the courts, especially if he wants his children so badly!

Cherrybump oh yummm....we had grilled pork chops, corn on the cob, mash potatoes and turkey gravey! Oh it was delicious!

Steph bahahaha that is a book i think we would all buy!!!!!

Oh i can't wait to see a picture of Melissas little Lucas!!

Nimbec how scary! Glad that they gave you more information on it so now you know what to expect with him and not be so beside yourself!

Mrs.Greene glad you are back but sorry about the circumstances. Pre-E is no joke hope you get plenty of rest and stay off your feet!

Mommabrown, glad Em is in starting position :thumbup:

Grayson is at -1 but I'm not sure he is willing to come out yet :wacko:

mommabrown I actually got a letter today saying that my ex hasn't followed to court order and now because of him everything has ceased to go forward and that the solicitors and social services are ''frustrated'' with him and that it will be raised in court :D :D :D Also I called the contact center tuesday to arrange his dates and times and he hasn't replied to them either so soon he's not going to get anything!

Just been to Luke's parents evening he is amazing :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->