April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hi ladies!! So full moon? There must be a baby on the way tonight!! Maybe me, lol, been having contractions for an hour and a half and if I had the baby in the morning all my girls would be born on the 28th!! And oh and ds ate on the 8th! Also had blood streaked mucous earlier, though I know that can happen weeks before. I'm 37 weeks today so good to go!! Oh and don't even talk about pre-pregnancy clothes!! I am so over wearing the same maternity outfits over and over now!!

well Im still contracting and they are starting to feel like pre labour.. I want an april baby though so Im trying to hold on! I feel ready thouh which is weird because before a few days ago I was totally terrified of him being born. Ive just been to Connies school play and sat for an hour with contractions therr.. I dont knownif this is it or not but I refuse to go to hospital until they are so painful I need drugs!

kirstyrich your situation sounds promising.. I think the bloody mucus is classed as a bloddy show which may mean a few days to go for you with contractions too is a very good sign!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

when is the full moon? apparently the maternity unit in my area are very busy today.. they just cancelled my bp check and rearranged it for tomorrow. Maybe it is true after all!!

glad to hear you are back at home relaxing doggylover xxx

Sarah is right... we NEED baby pictures :grr:
Oh and no worries Sarah, we will send a search party your way, if we sense a lack of activity from you!!! No one is getting stuck in the Jeans on my watch!! [-X

Oh and the fat cow is directed to ANYONE around me ahahaha. I don't discriminate to men or women (and I also dont feel the slightest bit hypocritical... given my own size :blush:)

I am hoping that the full moon will add to the already successful other techniques (RLT, dehydration, candy bar, running up and down stairs with pineapples in my hand ), in order for him to make his (MY) deadline :haha: :rofl:
BTW, I tried to do some squats last night... to get things going... and that did absolutely nothing!!!! Surprising I know :shrug:!!
In the shower this morning I did try some Nipple stimulation (figured I have nothing to lose right ?? lol) and it actually started some BH :thumbup:. Followed by some mild cramping. So when these cramps go away, I will have to go to the bathroom and do it again :rofl:

Nimbec, so good to hear that Harrison is doing so well!!

Oh ladies I so hope one of you has a baby today :) full moon and all!!! Eeek!!!

Just a quick question to mommys I bought the snuza go breathing clip but cannot use it as it rubs Harrison & makes him bleed....any suggestions of what to buy?? At the moment I'm struggling to sleep as no monitor on him at all!! He's right next to the bed but I'd love some more reassurance ESP as we have had breathing issues in hospital! Looked at angel care mat but this also has some bad reviews....help!!!

Oh Candy, how exciting!!!! Maybe take a hot bath and see if things calm down... But if they don't, go get hooked up on the nifty machine we both like :thumbup:

Nimbec, I have the Angelcare monitor. Obviously I have not used it yet but Rob and I were playing around with it on the counter and it truly picks up the tiniest movement!!! I can't wait to use it for real!!!
When I was researching, I found only very few "false alarm" reviews for the Angelcare one. I believe the other brands had more issues. :shrug:

Thanks Steph :) I heard there is a constant beep with it when movement is sensed-have u found that? I was about to buy it before I read some Dodgey reviews.... Ugh so frustrating as I really like the clip! Grrr

Eek sounds like things are revving up for you & candy...are they coming regularly?

Thanks Steph :) I heard there is a constant beep with it when movement is sensed-have u found that? I was about to buy it before I read some Dodgey reviews.... Ugh so frustrating as I really like the clip! Grrr

Eek sounds like things are revving up for you & candy...are they coming regularly?

I believe there is a setting on the handheld where you can turn that on or off. There is no way I could sleep with a constant beep, so we will have that on "off" lol

Dehydration is certainly not the best way to go into labor! My docs all scowled at me and gave me the cut-eye like I'd been "trying" to put myself into labor. I'm still not quite 37 weeks so why would I do that? Jeez! After 37 weeks its fair game :thumbup: I have an "aftercare" appointment tomorrow to make sure I haven't dilated any more than I did during my hospital stay. I went from a loose 1 to a loose 2 or tight 3 overnight and then with all of the fluids the contractions went away so they stopped checking my cervix. They told me I was about 60% effaced. Like I said, I'm pretty sure Jackson just wants out and I don't blame him. Its seeming like a tighter and tighter fit in there and I keep getting the foot in the ribs too and even though I think he's dropped, he's very long, so the feet are still shoving me up top. Makes my belly bounce around. :haha:

I am thinking I'd like to try and have him on a weekend pre-c section since my DH is off on Fri, Sat, and Sun and then would have two weeks of paternity leave. It would be great for everyone! We'll see I guess :shrug: Wishing everyone who's close the luck of the full moon! My practitioners swear it DOES make a difference. Also if there's a storm coming and the barometric pressure drops, so does your baby! Storm + Full moon would almost promise you a LO!

My pelvis feels like its being torn in half in the mean time and back pain has become a part of my daily routine. Not loving it, but I know it will be over soon. When I was having contractions in the hospital they kept asking if I wanted pain medication and I kept telling them that I was enjoying my contractions and wanted to be able to feel everything. Yep, I'm for sure crazy, but it just felt good to feel my body working the right way. Now for breakfast!

Omg ladies.....I think this is it....Emmaleigh may have finally budged. Told Allen I think she is on her way and he was like who??? Crack head. Im going to hospital. I will keep you all updated.

Omg momma brown you lucky lady!!!!! Wishing you all the luck!!! Do keep us posted omg so exciting but so jelous too ahhhh x xxx

Oh Mommabrown how exciting! Maybe Allen was right about the full moon... Between you and Candy, we may be closer related to cattle then we think!!! Eeeekk!!!

Ive got like 4 pages to read but im just going to post quite little update and go back and read them.

I had the worse night sleep ever. I had some cramping/pain on my pelvic area, Could not just dose off either. Then i was tossing and turning so much. Went really hot then cold at the point i got to loo twice for a little dribble thinking i needed to pee (Nope) i was shaking a little so i turned heating back up again. Once i heated up i was to hot again :( Felt hungry then sick few times. Took gavison and paracetamol. Feel so crap today. I went out with mum for food and felt sick few times got home just after 11 so i went for a nap. Feel little better but i think im just going to give myself a bigger nap and probs catch up with you all tomorrow. Will have to leave my laptop open and the last page to remember to read it all lol Ill probably forget. I apogolise in advance.

Got mild head ache to :( really hope this isnt a cold coming on as both family have it just now :( xxx

Well ladies jut a quick update from me, as Paige is really ill bless her and I'm coming down with it too!
Had my consultant appointment yesterday! I came out feeling so down and confused! I saw 2consultants, one said it was likely they would induce me at 38weeks the other said they wouldn't! So which is it!?!? So I have to go back for a scan on Tuesday to see how my lil man is growing and I have another consultant appointment in 2weeks to review my sugar levels as they are ok at the moment! I swear I'm just gonna eat loads of sugar!!!! I am so not comfortable anymore, andninkjow I'm not the only one, but I just can't do it any more, I hardly eat anything anymore to try and keep sugars down, I'm constantly feeling weak and have no energy... :( any way we will just have to see! Hope everyone is ok and ill catch up later xxx

Awe Kealz, sorry to hear that your feeling so poorly!! And I can't believe that one MV says one thing and the other contradicts it :nope:. Do you have one primary MV that you could talk to??

Cherry, not much need to catch up I think lol. It was mostly just nonsensical chatter! The real changes and good stuff didn't start till this morning :thumbup:

Im still here waiting for Dr to get here. Been on monitors and clearly contracting good and strong. I am feeling most in my back so hopefully baby soon.

awwww kealz I feel so sorry for you hun xxx I dony know why mws do that... its the same with mine one says bp is up another says its fine. Sorry to hear Paige is poorly and youre also not feeling great I hope its a quick passing thing xxxx

Mommabrown... omg how exciting!!! Come on Emmaleigh we need fresh babies to coo over haha! I hope it all goes well and she gets here safely and soon! xx

Cherrybump sorry to hear that youre also feeling poorly xxx

well my contractions havent stopped completely but theybhave tailed off somewhat and arent painful so back to reg bh. Ahh the joys! I really want my April baby so Im happy xxx

Momma brown good luck!!!! And lol at Allen asking who was on the way :dohh: men!!!

Kealz so sorry you are feeling down :hugs: hopefully you will get some proper answers at your next appointment- definitely jack yourself up on sugar before you go ;)

Cherry :( sounds like you are suffering a lot from different bits and bobs. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon. Try and rest to recoup some of your sleep.

Steph: not long until your deadline- get rubbing those nips woman :rofl: and a bit of howling at the moon would just top this all of wonderfully!

Afm: no sweep at the mw but that's ok as it wasn't my regular one (she was stuck in the snow) and this one is a bitch and therefore going nowhere near my lady area. Especially after coming to feel my bump and saying "I'm not in the habit of being gentle"
Yes yes, why be gentle with a pregnant woman? What madness I tell the! Good news is lo is 4/5 engaged which I am thrilled about even though its so little! And since I finished with her I've been having some period type cramps which I am hoping is a positive sign that something may eventually happen! Come on full moon!!

omg doggylover what kind of mw says thry arent in the habit of being gentle!!!?? what a fat cow (as steph would say!!) haha... silly bitch.. I wouldnt let her near my lady garden either! hooray for period type pains!!! and 4/5ths engaged Im the same but was told for second and third babies ot all happens during labout so not to worry... apparently hes bobbing around in the area so thats good haha... Hopefully yours will make an appearance too!!!

Woohoo momma hope this is it for you! Good luck sweetie!

Uk glad the cx tailed off - hopefully you'll get your April baby after all!

Doggy period cramps were how I started! Both my SIL babies were born on full moon so I'm keeping fx'd it works for some of you ladies. Scarlett came with a winter storm so I def believe in the barometric pressure thing too!

Steph rub rub rub!

Nimbec I have the angel care from Tommy and am using it again with Scarlett. Steph is right you can turn off the beep - I had it on for about 5 seconds before it drove me mad and I turned it off! The alarm will still go off if their breathing stops but you don't have the annoying tic sound it makes. The only 'false alarm' we had was when DS was much bigger and could crawl around his crib - he would stuff himself at the very top or bottom of his crib and it wouldn't sense his movement - however we never had the sensitivity turned up the whole way so I don't know if it would have sensed him if we did? This only happened a handful of times and the alarm made him jump so it would stop alarming right away and he would just go back to sleep. Oh and also it would alarm if we forgot to turn it off before taking him out of the crib - not fun when trying to just do a quick diaper change or feed on a half asleep baby! I LOVE the monitor though, so much peace of mind and I slept so much better when using it. I would def recommend.

:hugs: to all - I can't remember what I've read now!

Oh, ask for pics and you shall receive :haha:

Attachments

• 8FF446CE-A70D-4907-9259-9B97C74AEA75-8706-00000CDA8B427A9F.jpg
    8FF446CE-A70D-4907-9259-9B97C74AEA75-8706-00000CDA8B427A9F.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 95D77F12-A775-409A-A055-E4378F7C8033-8706-00000CDA569500BF.jpg
    95D77F12-A775-409A-A055-E4378F7C8033-8706-00000CDA569500BF.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 6838F3A5-0F58-4479-BB54-08B925E56EBA-8706-00000CDA6A111F4C.jpg
    6838F3A5-0F58-4479-BB54-08B925E56EBA-8706-00000CDA6A111F4C.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3
Momma good luck! Waiting for your updates!!!:thumbup: