April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

One day til term lily!! :happydance:
Yep and I have an appointment with the doc too!!!
Hope he will not insert anything in me :haha: and cause labor tomorrow though!
I want an April baby like Candy and I want to clean the house first!:winkwink:

nimbec I forgot to reply to you sorry love xx I was going to suggest putting the snuza over Harrisons clothing instead.. maybe over his layette clipped onto his trousers? Im not sure if that would work for all outfits? xx

So my point was that here, cost isn't an issue, as you "get back" in gifts what you pay for your guests. I know that's not normal in most places, but its just the way it is here.
:growlmad:

That's basically how it works here in Canada too. Your gift should cover approx. the cost of your dinner. I can understand why some people would be against inviting children, my sister for example had a no kids wedding because their venue wasn't big enough for the extra head count, but I know for me personally I couldn't imagine having a wedding without children since the main reason for getting married was to start our own family... so it seemed weird to prevent people from bringing their children. :shrug: Some people get so hot and bothered about these arguments though it's a bit ridiculous. And how rude of that woman to insult your cultural norms!!

So... even though this may get me voted off the island... on the weight gain topic I have gained 30lbs... but I still fit into my magic pants with the button and the zipper and all (although if I sit down in them I feel as though I am crushing LO's brains with the waistband so I don't actually wear them anymore) and a whole bunch of my pre-preg clothes still fit too. Sweaters, dresses, stretchy tops, all sorts of things still fit, they just fit... differently :haha:

I have NO idea how much I've gained... I'm pretty much terrified to look. Based on my weigh-in at the Dr's though I think it's around 25 pounds. :dohh: I know it could be worse, but I was trying so hard to get into better shape before we got pregnant, that now it's a little depressing to see the number on the scale. I've never weighed this much in my life and I don't seem to lose weight very easily so I am a *little* bit worried about trying to take it off after LO is born.

Omg ladies.....I think this is it....Emmaleigh may have finally budged. Told Allen I think she is on her way and he was like who??? Crack head. Im going to hospital. I will keep you all updated.

Woohooo Momma! Keep up posted as best you can.

AFM, DH's party last night went well, but oh man did it go late! The point of having it on a work night was so it wouldn't be a late night... but that sure backfired! We didnt' get to bed till almost 2am! (and DH wakes up at 5:15 to get ready to work!) I kept asking him if he wanted to kick people out so we could go to bed, and he kept saying no, so it's his own fault really. I know I'M shattered today.. I imagine he must be too!

Also, last night it was apparently decided that we should host an Easter Dinner. :dohh: A bunch of our friends are single and dont' go home for holidays, and they asked if we were around on Sunday and wanted to do an Easter dinner. So now we're stuck hosting dinner. At least my sister and her wife are coming too, so we can count on one other person to contribute real food. Our friends love having potlucks here, except we loathe them because for the most part none of them really bring actual food to contribute! They'll bring some pastries... or a maybe a veggie tray... never actually cook anything! Which gets really frustrating after a while! Oh well. Guess I need to go buy a turkey or a large ham now. :wacko:

Oh sweetpea... She is so cute! She makes my uterus hurt (in contribution to my BH of course :winkwink:)

Lily, let us know what the doctor says!!

Candy, glad the contractions have slowed down, but don't get too comfortable yet!!! The day is not over and Full moon is coming!!!

ReadytoMum, you are going to cook a huge meal this late in the game?!? I applaud you :thumbup:. I don't cook in the first place, so I would be totally overwhelmed regardless! Make sure you get some rest after you long party night!!!!

Oh, ask for pics and you shall receive :haha:

Ohhh that is the good stuff! (Way to make myself sound like a baby perv :haha:) she is so adorable! I was thinking "oh that second picture is the cutest" and then I got to the third, she is gorgeous!! I want to eat her right up!
And don't tell me that about how your labour started - now I'm convinced I'm about to go :haha:

Readytomum: you are a brave soldier cooking for a bunch of people! My mum hinted she'd like Simon and I to have a family dinner at ours before LO arrives. I told her no way on earth. It is too stressful! But you take everything in your stride, so I'm sure all will go smoothly. I can't believe you were up so late last night! I would have died this morning!! But glad you had fun though, and dh got a good big birthday celebration. I agree about weddings and kids. Luckily we only had 6 at ours, simply because nobody else had young kids, but to me marriage is about family, and I would never expect people to then not bring their own family. But everyone likes different things, and if someone wants no kids there its the one day they can demand whatever they like! I know I made a fair few demands for our wedding :haha:

Lily- no inserting of things into the area anymore, only de-serting of babies from now on I think!!!! Good luck with your appointment.

Ooh mommabrown good luck!!

Sweetpea those pics are adorable!!!!!!

Thanks for all advice ladies- I think I will buy one! Candy unfortunately it doesn't work over clothes :( plus he is mostly in vests & baby grows so not sure how I'd attach it but thanks anyway it was worth a ho! Glad ur contractions have slowed down :)

Ladies I wonder if any of you will have babies on the same day?!

awwwww sweetpea shes an angel!! I love the third picture where she looks like shes just chilling out on the sofa haha bless her! What a dolly xx

Oh Im having cramps on and off in my back and lost loads of mucusy stuff... not like a plug though.. The full moon can do one!!

lily good luck at your appointment tomorrow sweety.. tell him not to be putting things up there!

Aaron went to the shop ages ago and hasnt come back yet... I have a feeling he has gone to buy more nerf guns... he was talking about a nerf war!!! one bullet made its way down the toilet earlier and since I said not in the face Lucas took to shooting people in the neck!! xxx

awww nimbec thats such a shame.. the snuza seemed perfect :( the only other one I know is the angel sounds one which others mentioned but it goes under the matress which I didnt think was worth it.. xx

Ugh no baby contractions are 8 mins apart but my dr is in surgery all day so the dr that seen me sent me home with vicidon. Im so pissed and sore.

Nimbec I forgot to mention we have the tommee tippee movement mat on loan from brother and SIL. Never had a false alarm with my nephew when using it, and you can set the sensitivity, beeps etc how you like. It worked super for them, and I tried it last week and its still working perfectly. Gutted about the snuza though, any chance you can use it again once he heals?

Mommabrown, get Emmaleigh out of there woman! :haha: I can't believe they just sent you home when contractions are getting close. Hope you aren't too sore, and are able to rest up a bit before her appearance (maybe tomorrow?)

Come on full moon, do your thing and get these babies out!

Oh Mommabrown Vicodin?? I didn't know that was safe to take?? Well, give Emm and yourself some time to relax and start full contractions tonight again ... That way your doctor will be out of surgeries :thumbup:

Nimbec, one thing about the Anglesound (that we hadn't thought about), was that it needed to be between the mattress and a solid surface. Our pack and play mattress is kind of suspended and our crib has metal grate (not sure what you call it). So we had to go out and buy some thin ply wood to put under both mattresses. No big deal, just something we had not considered before.

readytomum they should be cooking Easter dinner for you!!!

Im planning lamb for us Ive got a thing for it lately lol xx

mommabrown I hope things speed up for you soon its like theyve just fobbed you off.. Go walk up and down the stairs lol xx

With candy strapped to your thigh....

Simons mum just sent a shipment of Easter goodies. This will definitely be working towards the "force baby out through food consumption" idea!

^^ nimbec steph makes a good point about the thin plywood under the mattress - not a big deal but annoying if you're all ready to set it up and don't have the plywood lol!

Thanks for the comments girls - I can see her changing everyday now and already feel like she is growing too fast!

Sweetpea I can definitely see such a big difference in the photos you let us drool over! She looks so alert in this recent batch, and so much bigger already! Such a cutie pie!

Hey girls...i didn't take any vicodin. I don't feel that it is safe to take while pregnant so i came home and took some Extra Strength Tylenol. Allen rubbed my back until i fell asleep but here and hour later i am awake and hurting again. He is mad said since i am having a c-section to have to wait to go until my water breaks. He won't go off to far and has been taking very good care of me.

Good to hear you are being looked after mommabrown.

Here is a link to make everyone's eyes water....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-21952025

Talk about half reared!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"