April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Kealz I think all it took was him walking in the door the first day I was alone with both of them and seeing the look on my face to know that he had two choices - help out with diapers in the night or certain death! I complain about him although I know I am lucky as he is a huge help around the house and with the kids when he is here - I'm a little spoiled I must admit! I'm pretty good with keeping the house in order during the day but I will say there have been more than one take away nights since she's been born as sometimes cooking is the last thing on my list! We do have a pretty good routine here for during the day developing though so cooking meals is def getting much easier because of it.

I will say it is much tougher with a toddler as well as a newborn - I am worn out by the end of the day and I know DH can see it which is why I think he doesn't argue about helping me in the night. I hope your DH is a little more compassionate when LO arrives because it is hard work having two all day by yourself!

I sure hope so sweetpea! I mean he is helpful! But... His helpful and my helpful are 2 very different things! I say please can you grab me this or do that? And his reply is in a minute! Then I get vexed because I asked you for a reason or I'd do it in a bloody minute!!!! I need it now! Then he gets all pissy at me coz I spoke to him in a way he doesn't like! Omg! At the moment tempers are running very high in my house and I'm like a women on the edge!!!! I asked him to sort out food waste on Sunday! It's still sitting in my kitchen and the bin men came yesterday to collect it! Argggggffhggghhh!
I'm really worried bout how il cope when my lol man comes along... My sil has a 2.5 year old and a 7month old, and I see how she struggles... Ahhh!!!!
Gosh so little benson could be next if its not emmaleigh! Exciting! More squishy babies to coo over!!!!!

Kealz don't worry too much - you are a woman and a mother which means you will cope just fine with whatever is thrown at you lol! Just like after the first is born when the second comes along you just get on with it and manage - like with the first just when you thought 'I'm too tired I can't do it anymore' and then suddenly got the energy from nowhere to carry on? I promise that energy comes back ;) you will be just fine darling.

Thanks Hun I appreciate the support! I'm sure once he is here ad I get into a routine ill wonder what I was worrying about! X

Wow you do have some big babies! Did they know right off he was going to be big?

With Jackson they've been keeping very close tabs because of how big Liam was and there was no gestational diabetes or any other factors. I just seem to have a weird cosmic microwave of a womb that creates larger boys :) Don't have a girl to compare them too. :kiss: I've had sonograms almost every month with Jackson to see how he's progressing in growth. With Liam, since he was my first, they had no reason to think he was going to be so long or in the 10lb range; they just couldn't understand why he wouldn't come out. LoL Once I had the c-section I heard all of the doctors and my MW go "oooooh"...

Well they can't do anything because of state law that says they can't do anything medically to inter-vein until my water breaks or i am at 6 cm because there is nothing medically wrong with me or Emmaleigh. Ugh so anyone have any tips to make my water break!!! And he said Emmaleigh will be 8+ lbs! Eekkk!

Oh Candy Let us know what happens!!!!

Try castor oil. They have recipes to try to make it "taste better", but it doesn't really work. Be prepared for lots of trips to the bathroom and more regular and much stronger contractions! They may help dilate you or break your waters.

Oh my it can't be any worse than it already is. I am definitely going to try this!

Omg so glad i looked back on here. Good luck Ukgirl, will be thinking of you <3 xxx

Dogg; that post about our babies and there ipads made me laugh. I bet thats what their doing sending each other message to mess with us lol.

Me and ryan just order a domino's think its a bit early for dinner (tea) but we haven't had much to eat today lol. So i made sure to order some spicy wings. they were yum-Meeee! lol Ryan put the sauce on his :haha: He really shouldnt have and it was to much for him to handle.

Ive just been popping on and off of here all day. Had little mild head ache which has passed for now and having a wee bounce on my ball. Not that it helps with my back lol but gets me of the couch. xxxx

Candy keep us updated when you can! Thinking of you and praying that (if that's what's decided) Benson gets here safely!

Ladies you have given me NO HOPE that Simon will be waking up during the night! Readytomum he wouldn't hear a drippig tap either (I would mind you, and not be able to sleep again!) I just don't think his brain takes in signals from outside when he is asleep!

My mum has always said she and my dad worked it that he got up and changed baby, then handed over for feeding before my mum put us back to sleep so everyone has a night time role. I'm hoping we do the same.

Ong good luck candy!! Keep us updated if you can!

Sorry just a flying visit ladies! Catch up properly later I promise!

Ps been discharged from midwifes today - scary stuff!!

Good luck ukgirl!! :thumbup: Hope everything is ok, and if Benson is coming today, I hope all goes well!!

doggylover: that sounds like some good teamwork, but I guess it means no one is sleeping very well. :shrug: I have no idea what our plan of attack for night-time feeding and diapering will be. I would guess it'll just be me since DH will still be working full time. Once LO gets a bit older though and we can start using a bottle of pre-pumped breast milk, he'll take over morning feedings/changings, since he's up so early anyway, and that way I can sleep a little bit extra. That's what my SIL did with our nephew and it worked really well for them!

AFM, doctors appointment went well. Had the GBS test done today so that's out of the way now. Back to waiting. :coffee:

Readytomum, no internal check I take it? Glad the appointment went well!!

Sarah, I plan to use a swift elbow to the ribs when Rob is trying to sleep trough ahaha. I don't plan to rely on him waking up on his own :haha:

Mommabrown, let us know if the castor oil works :thumbup:

AFM, I've been having period like cramps for most of the day... In combination with some mean foot stretches from Grayson :wacko:.
Another weird symptom: hunger pains :coffee:. I'm not hungry, so what the heck???

Oh and Candy... You have to wait lol... It's girl, boy, girl, boy... So Benson has to wait his turn :haha:

Hello, well I went in and was monitored for hours! Had tests done, BP was high but slowly went down. Tests all come back good so they aren't inducing me, now I'm home. I'm really tired so I will catch up properly tomorrow.. hospital food is DISGUSTING!!!

Mommabrown I feel so sorry for you.. defo dont do the castor oil.. it goes in oil and comes back out again as oil.... :p Hope things happen soon for you xxx

Steph... I didn't go so Emmaleigh can come next!! sticking to tradition of boy girl boy girl lol xxx

Hope you are all okay xxx

True that steph, candy cross your legs and let Emmaleigh come first!!!

Yes, I have decided that I will pick the baby up out of the crib and hold them, still crying, above Simons head until he wakes up. If I'm awake, he needs to be too!

Readytomum: I know what you mean about dh working full time. Mine will be as well, so I will feel bad about him having to do too much during the night. So I'm praying we get a good sleeper so we don't have to worry too much! But that's probably wishful thinking!

Nimbec, can't believe you've been discharged from the midwife! Congratulations momma! That has come round quickly - the rest of us are still waiting for the damn babies to arrive!

Steph, my SIL said earlier period cramps are how she started into labour, but I would still think Grayson has missed his deadline unless you pop ASAP!

Afm: oh my lord, just had Chinese food at my brothers, and I feel so sick now. I'm stuffed, I would be surprised if this doesn't force LO out tonight. There is zero room in there right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->