April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Glad your feeling better Candy!!! Try and get some rest!!

Sarah, Grayson still has a few hours US time to get moving but I'm thinking that he's ignoring me!! :growlmad: just like his father !!! Lol
I have tried to eat Grayson out of room... No luck for me. Maybe you will have more success?!? But if these darn kids are connected by wifi, they have already shared these trade secrets! I think we should brace for an "in womb graduation ceremony" :wacko:
Sarah, your due date is today or tomorrow??

wishnhoping (a non-active April threader) had her baby girl today (she was due April 1). They're doing great! :flower:

That's great news littlespy!!! Congratulations to wishinandhoping and her little girl!

now anyone having a boy can officially go as that's another girl :haha:

Steph, my due date is tomorrow, 29th. But I think I may end up overdue lol! Damn kids and their new-fangled in uteri wifi :growlmad:

Hurray for wishnhoping!! :happydance: Glad to hear momma and LO are doing well! Back in the days of trying to conceive she and I were part of the same Buddies thread.

Well, that's that mommabrown... you can't be next! :rofl: Steph maybe you'll get to go next!! Or maybe you'll be on date Doggylover and that little yellow bundle will be blue!

Steph: No internal! Maybe they start next time? I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but I am a little curious. :shrug:

Wow, its been exciting on here with people maybe going and then not going and what not! Oh mommabrown, if you decide to do the castor oil be sure you don't have to go anywhere! My doula told me some castor oil horror stories. And make sure you drink tons of water with it so you don't get dehydrated as you could really be pooping up a storm! Have you been walking around a lot? One of the things the doula suggested to me to get things moving was doing curb walking. You go outside and walk along the curb with one leg on the road and one on the sidewalk and then turn around and do the other leg as well. It is supposed to be as good as stairs but not as tiring. Good luck!

I don't think my LO is going to make our deadline Steph. She has decided to just make me feel like vomiting half the day instead. Thanks kid! Feeling very blah at the moment and feeling quite sorry for myself as I already did the gross nausea thing in first tri! Just walked home from the train because I could not possibly bear a bus ride. My nausea gets way worse in moving vehicles. So, here I am cooped in the house as usual! So glad my DH is off tomorrow. I just want some company around here!

Ready, my MW told me they don't do internals until we are actually 40 weeks. And even then its only if we want it. At first I thought I did want to know but then when she was saying that it doesn't really mean anything and can be disappointing if absolutely zero is going on I started to think maybe I didn't want to know as I would feel even more like I am going to be preggo forever if I find out nothing is happening! So not sure what I will do next week. Probably give in and get the internal and then resign myself to a lifetime of pregnancy!

Hi ladies, hope you are all ok!

Doggylover, im sure your OH will wake up in the night to help. Im really lucky, mine is VERY hands on which is great, i have no complaints there. And coz i cant lift an iron at the mo he is currently standing here doing a MAMOUTH load bless him, actually he does most of it anyway.

Keaz, sorry to hear that Paige is being hard work, like others said she probably realises she wont techically be "the baby" any more, i know that doesnt help when you are heavily preggers and feel shite though.

Mommabrown, I dont understand why they have to wait for your waters to break when you are on your 4th section? Seems a bit pointless really.

Candy, glad you are safely home. What was your BP reading? My BP was a concern but if thats all it had been then id have just been sent home with medication, it was the protein that made the difference in the end, Im stil on the BP meds unfortunatly

Sweetpea, I havent been on my own with 2 children yet and wont be for a few weeks however im already wondering how the hell im gonna do bath and bedtime routine on my own!

Nimbec, yay to being signed off by MW! I will be too on saturday all being well too! Sounds like you are already a fabby mummy!

AFM, We are all good here, Lucas continuing to do well, and im recovering well too, need to slow down though im not taking it as easy as i should be.
As i said, OH is being a star too as is Harrison. We have had my parents here the last couple of days too which has been really nice.
Harrison just seems so grown up now compared to my dinky Lucas, hes just graduated from sleep bags to duvet too, wheres my little boy gone!

Ahhh Melissa thanks for the photos! They'll keep us still preggo ladies going for a few days! I love Lucas's hair in the second picture!! Glad all is going well and that dh is helping out a lot. We don't do much ironing in our house at all, so he's definitely a star in my eyes!!

Kirstabelle, I will have to remember that curb trick when I take the dogs out tomorrow. That said the curb where I live lasts about 300 yards and that's it, but better than nothing! And I hope that's how you walked on the way home!!

Readytomum I so hope you are right and I go on time! My family are pretty big into time keeping, so it will bug me to wait even more than it would otherwise! But I won't hold my breath...

Awwww Melissa love the pics! I especially love the yellow booties! A knitter loves that boy, clearly!

I know DL I should be taking my own advice and curb walking everywhere! Because I won't look like a weirdo doing that at all. :winkwink:

Well, I don't have any baby pics obviously, but I did take a bump pic for my friend today so thought I would post that. And some pics of the nursery, even though I am not a very good room photographer. It looks so much better when you can see it all at once! And a gratuitous knitting photo as I just found the buttons for these booties the other day!

Attachments

• 39 weeks.jpg
    39 weeks.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Changing area.jpg
    Changing area.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 6
  • crib.jpg
    crib.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 7
  • Giraffe.jpg
    Giraffe.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 6
  • Rocker.jpg
    Rocker.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 6
Gratuitous knitting photo...

Super cute booties!! Man I wish I could knit properly so I could make cute things like that. :wacko: So far all I've made for LO is a hat, because that's all I know how to make without reading patterns. Maybe once I start my "mat leave" from school I'll attempt something else... I certainly have lots of yarn!

Thankfully LO has other knitters in his life who love him, so I have five knitted blankets, and a button up cardigan with matching knit pants, several pairs of booties and hats, and a few other cardigans. Thank goodness for grandma's! (mine and his!) :thumbup:

My mum tried to teach me to knit a bunch of times and it just never sunk in. I ended up learning from a book, which turned out to be way better for how I learn than having a person teach me, ironically. The book I learned from, which I still use to this day to remember techniques and such, is the Stitch n Bitch book by Debbie Stoller. It has really clear instructions and diagrams. It explains all about the lingo and how to read patterns etc. Such a good reference, I always recommend it to people wanting to learn! I bet your library has a copy of it when you are ready. And definitely sign up to the website ravelry when you are ready, also a great resource with loads and loads of free patterns and great information! And an excellent forum for asking questions!!

As for yarn stashes... I can't discuss mine in public, except to say... I have a problem :blush:

I know how to cast on, knit and purl, and I know how to decrease stitches... I don't know how to add stitches (because of the way I was taught to cast on) and for some reason I can't make heads or tails of patterns that are anything but straight lines. lol I need to find a mom and baby knitting group for when Peter shows up so I can have someone sit and explain it all to me!

You should post some pics of your other baby creations while we're all waiting for actual baby pics to oogle over! Baby clothes are an adorable second!!

That's a great start! You will have no problem figuring out increasing and patterns if you already know all that!

OMG if I start posting all the things I have knit I will look like the crazy knitting addict for sure! :haha: People asked to see what I had knit at the shower and as I started pulling things out of drawers and closets they were like "obsessed much?" I have been knitting for LO even before TTC. Yep. Nuts. :haha: Be careful, its a very easy thing to become COMPLETELY addicted to!! But at least its very relaxing, and it is actually productive. Or at least that's the excuse I'm sticking with!

melissa I love Lucas's super cute fluffy hair he is a gorgeous boy! thatnks for the pics :) xx

kristabelle your nursery is beautiful and I love the booties :) I can only knit scarves.. my kids asked me for socks they looked the dog had chewed them lol.. I agree with readytomum you should show us your other bits!

knitting is good when your sat in the play center bored out of your brain lol. xx

Now I cant remember everyrhing i read so sorry if I miss anyone! Congratulations wishnhoping, hope all is well with you and LO. Doggylover- Yay on being due today and hope bubby knows that today should be the day!! lol. Melissabump-gorgeous pics! Makes me want Chelsea to hurry up even more! Ukgirl-get lots of rest! :)
As for my contractions, they dwindled off and occasionally I get a really big one. Also still getting a spot of blood here and there so guessing I'm starting to dilate. I was 4cm already with Riley before i went into labour so heres hoping for the same thing! Im sooo over reflux and heartburn!! I cant wait to eat a full meal again! Thought Id add a bump pic seeings I have never put one up! :) Im huge!!

Attachments

• 9 months preggo with Chelsea.jpg
    9 months preggo with Chelsea.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
wishnhoping (a non-active April threader) had her baby girl today (she was due April 1). They're doing great! :flower:

Congrats to wishnhoping and her little girl!:kiss:

AFM, I was at my doc's yesterday and he examined me, he says that baby is very high still, even if I feel him down there:wacko: Maybe I have a huge endless tunnel vagina.:haha:
He thinks I'm nowhere close to delivery, and baby will probably take his full 40 weeks, even 41 weeks.
I wanted to see my baby in early April, as I'm getting really excited about his arrival. But if he needs more time in the belly he is welcome to stay as long as he likes. BUT I hope we will not have to end up with induction :nope: or a gigantic baby:dohh:.
The other doc that did my previous scan said he is not too big, he will probably be born 3.5 - 3.7 kilos and not to worry about size.
My normal doc is a bit worried about size because of my belly and has scheduled me for a new growth scan and other tests on April 8th, as well as another examination.

BTW I'm having HUGE problems with internet connection, phone and electricity as they are doing repairs in my area :p So it is not very easy to update and follow you guys, so I apologize in advance! :kiss:

I was 4cm already with Riley before i went into labour so heres hoping for the same thing! Im sooo over reflux and heartburn!! I cant wait to eat a full meal again! Thought Id add a bump pic seeings I have never put one up! :) Im huge!!

Oooh lucky you! I hope i take after my mom who was 8cm dilated when she had my sis and she didn't even realised it lol!!!

You look wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"