April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Momma brown you aren't used to taking it easy! You're a busy lady- that's probably why it felt weird! I hope all is ok today, maybe that feeling was the start of something? I LOVE carrot cake- I'm jealous!

Candy: Simon calls its a "tickle and sweep" or a tickle for short, and my dad calls it a whisk?! What is it with men?!

So, had a lovely dr who gave me a good scan and estimated baby is about 8.5lb (big brute!) she went caving and said that sadly my cervix is totally shut still :( and very high. BUT because (in her words) she has small fingers, she had a good old poke about in there and managed to get in and sweep me anyway.
She has NEVER had a sweep fail, so I don't want to be the one who lets her down! Failin that, she booked me in for next Tuesday for induction rather than Wednesday. So hopefully this time next week ill have a baby!! :happydance:

It also wasn't sore, but it wasn't super comfy either!

Sorry havent been on in a bit ladies! lots to carch up on!!!
Stmw good luck Hun! Hopefully little lexi arrives safely and healthy! Can't wait for an update!
You will have to bare with me I've got so much to remember haha and will prob forget loads sorry!
Sarah! Good luck with your sweep! I really hope it gets thigs going for you! I will keep my phone charged awaiting your text eeeek!
And wow on cleaning on the crap lol!!!!
Steph so glad your progressing and at least ou know roughly when little greyson will be here!
Candy so sorry Lucas is still ill poor little love it's horrible specially as its the hold at the moment!
Readytomom I can't believe Peter is gonna be here in like 3weeks (hopefully lol) and you still have all thy work to do!
I'm really struggling to remember so I'm gonna go back and read again and update further! Oh cherry lovely birth story, so glad you and page are both ok an home safely! Just remember to take it easy!
Afm I've come to terms with the fact that this baby is not wanting out! He has taken up residence under my ribs! Went for another scan yesterday and he weighs 6lb 6oz at the moment! Which is a good size so the likeliness that they will induce me next week is not looking good!
But I feel like I'm back in the first tri! Sickness, tired all the time, awful heartburn, I'm gettin through a bottle of gaviscone in 3-4 days!!!! And omg I'm constantly stressed...... Will come back in a little bit with further thought hehe xx

Oh my goodness DL! I am so super excited for you!!!! We could possibly have our LO's on the same day! Crazy!!! As for feeling off ...I think its my nerves. I have just realized that this baby is really coming and how big of a change it is for our family.
Carrot cake on the other hand .....oh it is like a little slice of heaven!! He was def thinking about me when he bought it!

Kealz sorry you are feeling so rough hun! Baby is measuring at a good healthy size unlike my mammoth 8+lb baby!

Yeah pulling and stretching will make it bleed a little. It is so hard to not pull stitches in those first few days. With my c-sections i always had a problem with my colostrum coming in later than the first few days, but with this pregnancy i am already leaking milk and can hand express it out! So hopefully it will stay like that and i can BF. Don't worry about her not BF either as long as she is eating and healthy that is all that matters!

HAHAHAHAHA Candy they are so funny!! I don't know where they get this crazy notion at that they will die! You should have seen his face when i was talking to him about BF! He went around telling everyone for a week that his baby sister was gonna drink from my nipples like puppies do! HAHAHA I love that kid.

Im taking it easy today. I had the midwife look at it and she said it ok and its healing up nicely. It's only leaking fluid from one from but ive to keep it clean and dry she gave me few pads things to cover it also. she said to me dont worry it wont burst open lol cause i told her i was pannicking i may have cause some damage lol

also got some help with how to bath paige probably since the hospital was to busy to help us lol. and Paige got us foot thingy today lol ive got my rubella jag together oh fun times.

Must say this little girl does know how to keep mummy up at night lol she was up from 8.30pm last night until after 1am slept from about 2 hours but she just kept wanting milk :s told the midwife and she said its good as her belly it expanding now she'll want more lol what i was confused about is paige was sick few times lol milk must have gone down wrong :s lol.

I must say its fun to be a mum now. oooooh my milk came in to. Boobs were huge when i left hospital but today i was putting nipple cream on and milk leaked out. so i asked about expressing milk to go along with formular and im happy to say my midwife was ok with it :) so i expressed and was shocked of just how much came out lol i could probably still ump alot more to lol.

Everything i read this thread i always find myself giggling like an idiot lol some times you ladies come out with... Well the chocolate must have worked for me as i was eating loads and a curry and few other spicey stuff lol.

xxxxx

Whooo dogg thats great news so not to long to wait until the gender it rivaled :D:D:D

Cherrybump - thank you so much for sharing your story. Paige is so beautiful and so worth it. When it all comes down to it, who care how they enter the room as long as they arrive safely :) You really need to take it easy after a section!

Candy - sprry Lucas is still sick. I know it is stressful having any kind of sick around the house before you bring a baby home!

Doggy - Any luck witht he sweep yet?

Little Spy - bloody show sounds promising!!

AFM - 1 week to go! Heaps of pressure and nerve pains all about my vagina, crouch and bum - not very pleasant!
Also had an incident with a trolley today. Was pushing trolley with 2 gorgeous little people armchairs (for Theo and Hazel) stacked up in it so I couldn't really see properly in front of me and crashed into a post. Ran my bump into the trolley. Hurt very much on top of bump, down side of bump and down leg :( She has been moving around thank goodness.

thanks hun, not moving a muscle today. glad i got the midwife to have a look and make sure it was ok lol x

Was defo worth it for her :) x

Man, i feel like I'm at a disadvantage with the time difference lol. By the time I get up in the morning, usually 3 babies are on there way and one April mommy is pregnant again... Ok, so it's not THAT bad, but that's what it feels like :dohh:

Sarah, LO sounds like a good size! Plus, I've noticed that they always measure bigger on the scan and. then come out a completely normal size!!! :thumbup:
I have growth and fluid scan booked for today as well, so I will let you know how massive my mutant child is :wacko:

Sarah... Here is another clear indicator that your getting closer: since your cervix was (yes was!! Since the sweep will have changed all that) still closed, clearly your dogs have to get ready for labor for you! I have read :coffee:, that your body prepares for labor, by "emptying" itself a few days before!! Well... THERE is your proof!!! Your dogs are doing it for you :thumbup:. How did you possibly miss that vital sign :dohh:

Candy, your family is just going to stay sick until Benson arrives! Just accept it and let little Benson out!!!!!!! Hehe

STMW, how exciting!!! Eeeekkk... We have another baby on the way :happydance:

Mommabrown, thank you, now I want.... No NEED carrot cake :dohh:

Kealz, not much longer :hugs:. Hang in there girly!!!

Cherry WOOOO HOOOO! Glad you are expressing your milk! Glad that all went well with the MW too!

Soph OW! That may work as an eviction notice! Bahaha

Steph i will torment you with this one too. I am sitting here eating pancakes as i type this out! I have tried to bribe Emmaleigh out with cakes and chocolates and finally just gave into eating them myself! Bahahahahaha

mommabrown that was lovely of Allen to do, carrot cake is yummy <3

doggylover yay for magic fingers sweepy lady!! I hope it works!!

cherrybump - sometimes in the first weeks babies don't know when to stop drinking or fail to notice when they have had enough milk so they bring it all back up, if Paige is doing that offer her the other booby and let her try again. Or another bottle.. She might just need to learn when she's full up. Glad you are feeling better now and your cut is ok xx

kealz I'm feeling a bit like you with feeling like I'm back in first tri too. I feel this is a bit like the 2 week wait too haha, waiting for that BFP.. but this time it's a BFB... big fat baby! :p Your baby sounds like the perfect size, mine were around7-7.5lbs at birth, it goes by length apparently and boys tend to be heavier than girls...

based on big boy theory I am now changing my mind and saying DL is having a boy!! lol

Steph i really hope they are better soon it's putting me on edge! lol

So I found out.. my family have NOROVIRUS!!!! dum dum daaaaaa!!! yup the winter vomiting bug... Lucas is fine today he's back to normal but Connie and Aaron are down with aches and pains and feeling shitty so me and Lucas are just chilling out.

I will have to say my boys have been smaller than my girls. Sorry to hear that they all have Norovirus. Lots of bleaching will hopefully keep you from catching anything Candy.

damn it my theories are failing hard today! lol xxx

Hiya how is everyone?

Iv finished nesting, I no longer go on mental clearing/cleaning sprees, just the normal house work now. All I want to do is sleep, iv hit a wall of tiredness these past few days, and my back is really really hurting.

Only 19 days till the section though :-D yay

now I'm really pissed off... Lucas puked AGAIN!!!! I'm so fed up :(

oh hun. You must be so stressed out! Cant believe he is still sick! xx

I'm so fed up! I just had to scrub banana sick out of a fluffy rug... not fun!! I have an extreme fear of being sick, I can't puke in the toilet, Lucas has picked up that habit and only pukes in the sink so I had to squish down the lumps... Aaron's non stop on the toilet and Connie has a temp... apparently this thing lasts for upto 7 days the doctor can't do anything at all they just have to sip water.... I'm having to fight them out of the kitchen lol. They are all on food bans.. Aaron keeps sneaking food!!!

ooooh Steph I learned a new word from America and it made me think of you, because you love the saying ''fat cow'' so much... I learned the word MULCH like playground... MULCH..... mulchy mulchy mulch!! It is am awesome word! :p

thanks for the advice candy :). I just wish she was easier to settle lol. She woke up so i changed her bum and fed her the breast milk guess it wasnt enough after an hour for rocking and swaying her and everything else i gave in and gave her another bottle lol she only drink 1oz of it though and felt asleep as the sun was beaming in the window.

she's now having a wee snooze while making funny noises lol. im so tired myself been up since 5am and its ryans turn to do the night shift lol xx

sorry to hear the family are all unwell to not very nice while your pregnant either x

Mulch like playground?? That's a new one for me too... mulch to me means chewed up bits of tree bark and wood and sometimes compost leftovers that you use in your garden. :shrug:

doggylover: Sorry to hear about the pooches! Hopefully they're not sick and it won't happen again. I know whenever I hear my cat making his "im going to throw up" noise I find myself praying he's at least on the floor and not on the carpet. :dohh: I hope your sweep will get things moving and kick LO out of there! I have reached a point where I NEED to know whether LO is team blue or team pink.... so get out of mom already!!

ukgirl: I'm so sorry to hear that they're all sick with norovirus. I had that last year and it's pretty horrible. :nope: Just keep them all on water, and maybe try some toast with light butter, but make them take small bites, or some dry saltine crackers. And keep washing your hands as often as possible so you don't get it too!!! :hugs:

mommabrown: the carrot cake does sound lovely, it's my all-time favourite kind of cake. But the really important question is, did it have cream cheese icing? Because without the cream cheese icing it's not *really* carrot cake, it's just confused bread. :winkwink:

Kealz: I keep hoping baby will drop soon too so I can get a bit of a break on the heartburn and rib kicking... but I don't think anything has started in that department yet. Stubborn baby!

Soph: Sorry to hear about your trolley accident! Is that what we would call a shopping cart here? (metal cart you push around a store while shopping?) Glad to hear the little lady is still moving around well though, so hopefully nothing more than a bit of tender tummy.

AFM, I'm still a little through the roof after yesterdays debacule regarding school stuff. DH bought me some lovely colourful flowers last night though that I woke up to after my nap, so that certainly made me smile. I just want to be done with school stuff SOOOOOO badly right now.... April 16th is now the start of 'mat' leave. Sigh.

cherrybump could she be using the bottle or breast to soothe? Lucas used to do that, he wasn't hungry he just wanted to suckle until he fell asleep. You could try using a dummy on her? I know they say not to yet but it could be very useful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->