April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I got 39 weeks too :/

I'm really fed up now, I went to the nurse at my gp office as my family are banned from hospital lol.. my BP was up still with now plus 2 protein in my urine, I went home and called my consultant and begged her to induce me but she refuses, she says it's not bad enough and inducing early can cause complications, I want to scream I see ladies who are not as sick as me, earlier on in their pregnancies getting induced! It's making me really angry.
I have to go to hospital tomorrow morning for more monitoring, I could be there for hours just to get sent home again, I can't stop crying I've really had enough.. fuck this shit... pass me some castor oil!!! I'll get him out myself soon!!

Aw candy Hun I'm sorry your consultant is being horrible! :( I feel for you it must be such a worry and your so close too it must be so frustrating!!!! I learned last week that consultants do not like to induce. I had my mw tell me I would be induced at 38weeks, another mw and a diabetic doctor tell me I would, yet when I saw my consultant she said I wouldn't be! So annoying!
Well keep us posted after your hospital visit tomorrow. Hope you feel bit better! Xxx

Candy hugs hun, please hang in there... I don't know much about inducing, only that I fear it.
I will keep you in my mind...

aww ukgirl i feel pretty bad for you. they seem to always have you on your toes dont they.

Dogg i was looking for that app but couldnt find it Ryan has found the white noise one so he downloaded it and managed to sent me it through the pc to my phone lol. trying it as i type on paige lol So far so good but i think she getting little cranky now lol

Cherry I'm glad it worked if only for a little bit- even if it gets you 10 extra minutes I hope it's worth it! And as she gets used to it it might settle her for longer

Candy :hugs: I'm so sorry that your consultant is refusing to induce. I know you are fed up, but you have to trust that your consultant wouldn't leave you and Benson to get into a dangerous situation so if she says that its ok to wait, then I guess we just have to wait. Which is pretty much (I'm sure) the last thi you want to hear right now.

thanks ladies :) x

doggylover, my consultant hasn't ever met me, I placed under her care at my last app but my family is sick so I haven't met her yet. Every nurse and MW I've seen say I should be induced based on my results. The doctor who saw my notes even said the same, I'm back to that doctor and the high risk unit tomorrow for tests so I'll talk to them about it I think I have a good chance of them doing it...

I don't want to be induced for nothing, the pre eclampsia is causing stars in my vision and my feet are triple the size and red raw from being swollen so long, everytime I go in I get admitted for hours on machines, twice a week! my protein is now at plus 2 and bp is higher despite pulse being low. I have my other 2 children to consider as well so I will be asking for induction xxx

Oh I didn't realise you have never met the doctor- what is that about then? How can she make an accurate judgement without meeting you? :growlmad: no wonder you're mad. :hugs:

yeh I spoke to her on the phone this morning for the first time, she referred me to the high risk unit but wont agree to induce I can hopefully persuade them tomorrow. The nurse who done my tests this morning was shocked they were keeping me going. I didn't even know I was under a consultant before monday. I have been passed to 3 different centers I'm just tired and fed up now. xx

I'm not surprised, you've been in and out of hospital so much lately and all for the same thing and yet clearly nobody is willing to actually do anything about it. Hopefully you'll get some answers tomorrow.

I agree, i thought by now you would have been induced because of all the problems. Doesnt seem fair to you at all struggling through each day the same or worse.

Dogg: i pop the car sound on and she seems to really like that one lol. Ryans mum came up with his sister and brother and she wanted to have a hug but im so glad Paige was sleeping as his sister has the cold and i dont really fancey paige catching that this early specially if we're still trying to get to grips with bieng parents..

His mum said we should and give her a bath before putting her down at night. So we're going to try that also. We haven't yet tempted the bath on our own yet so this it going to be fun. xxx

I got 39 weeks too :/

I'm really fed up now, I went to the nurse at my gp office as my family are banned from hospital lol.. my BP was up still with now plus 2 protein in my urine, I went home and called my consultant and begged her to induce me but she refuses, she says it's not bad enough and inducing early can cause complications, I want to scream I see ladies who are not as sick as me, earlier on in their pregnancies getting induced! It's making me really angry.
I have to go to hospital tomorrow morning for more monitoring, I could be there for hours just to get sent home again, I can't stop crying I've really had enough.. fuck this shit... pass me some castor oil!!! I'll get him out myself soon!!

Oh Honey! I can't believe this! I don't see why they haven't attempted to do anything to help you out. Your is way worse than mine and I am on a restricted diet and bed rest. :dohh: I really hope that they get their act together and get little Benson out soon before any thing could happen to either of you.

I tried to catch up and read but i honestly can't remember everything!

Afm, it is weird to have Allen try to do everything and me just sit around. He has been pretty awesome at letting me sleep in and checking on me and the baby. My parents even came down to help out which is a miracle in its own because they never ever help out with anything.

doggylover have you had any more signs of labour yet? I hope that was your show.. when I go to the unit tomorrow hopefully they will induce me.

cherrybump do you have the bedtime bath stuff from johnsons? magical stuff xx

mommabrown Im sitting down as much as possible. Aaron is doing lots for me too. I joked about him nesting lol. Its weird not doing as much isnt it! especially when the kids want to play xx

Candy is that the one that's in the purple bottle! They recommend not using it till 6 months old! I won't use johnsons products any more, I used to use it on Paige but it made her come up in awful rashes! To top and tail one is ok it's very mild but anything else I wouldn't use on a newborn!
Candy that's awful that she hasn't even met you. How can he judge a case when she has not met the patient nor has she seen your notes! Notes are not kept on the computer so how can she say anything! I wouldn't take no for an answer mrs! It's your health not just Benson's! :( I hope they listen to you hun! Also I've noticed that consultants are up there own arses, they may have the authority but the nurses and mw have the real knowledge! But that's my opinion and experience of the great NHS lol ;) x

oh no really kealz?? I didnt know you couldnt use that :/ we didnt have that stuff in norway so luke was about 8 months when we started using it.. thank you for the advice!!! xx Ive also noticed the consultants are a bit no no no when the midwifes are more sympathetic.. the drs at the high risk place seem to be more used to problems like mine and are a bit more understanding. xx

Candy how frustrating! It is so ridiculous that you are so uncomfortable and sick and they won't help you. Wish you lived here, they seem to love inducing people here. My friend got induced at 39 weeks because her OB said it is "the same" as 40 weeks :shrug: Is a consultant an OB?

Cherry have you tried swaddling? So many people have recommended the book "Happiest baby on the block" to me so I read the book and watched the DVD. You can look up "happiest baby on the block swaddle" and find some vids of the technique. Worth a try! And glad you didn't have to let Ryan's sick sister in. People should be more mindful of that themselves anyway, how bad would you feel making a tiny newborn sick just for a cuddle?!

Doggylover how exciting!! I hope it was your show and when it starts to get dark your mammalian brain gets things going!! I also feeling anxious about the whole induction thing. I have actually been a bit sad and weepy about it today :cry: It would be different of course if there were complications or something wrong with LO then I would want her out as quick as possible. But I just feel like if I have the induction a lot of the other things I hoped for might also be unattainable, like trying to not have an epidural. Come on LO, move it!!

That when to expect thing seems slightly suspect in that it seems like all the ladies who are earlier on get 39 weeks but (obviously) those who are past get the later dates... surely some of the early ladies should also get 40-41 weeks as their highest estimate, especially if they are FTM? Hmmm.... fun all the same though. I have a 64% chance of delivering by next Wednesday. If I don't, I'll be coming after that smug woman with the glasses on the right hand side of the page! And I LOL'ed at the prediction that LO would 100% be here by 43+ weeks... good to hear :haha:

I have a horrible headache right behind my eyeball. Better be a sign of labor. :haha:

doggylover have you had any more signs of labour yet? I hope that was your show.. when I go to the unit tomorrow hopefully they will induce me.

cherrybump do you have the bedtime bath stuff from johnsons? magical stuff xx

mommabrown Im sitting down as much as possible. Aaron is doing lots for me too. I joked about him nesting lol. Its weird not doing as much isnt it! especially when the kids want to play xx

It is indeed! I have done the same just taking it easy. Landon sat by me on the couch and read me his Fly Guy books and talked about his testing he has been doing at school. He is as bad as Allen and if i get up to do something he tells on me. :dohh:

Lol kirstabelle at the moment everything I have is a sign of labour haha "I need to fart, hope its a sign! I have a runny nose... Ooooh labour?" Hehe its a tense time the last few weeks of pregnancy! It's back to investigating tissue paper after wiping! ;) my poor oh walked into the bathroom last night when I was investigating! I've never seen him run so fast! Hope your head ache goes away!
Candy I didn't know either till Paige came up in a rash! I used oilatum for her for a while but went back to johnsons when he got older and the rash stopped! Although I've never use the bath time one since! I use the blue bubble bath one in the bath and the pink soft wash for her! I have one nice consultant and I've only had him once, there are 4 in the high risk department and its who ever gets your notes first gets you! They all contradict each other there is no communication! :(
Well I just walked to the doctors to pick up a prescription of gaviscone! It better be getting littlespy mans head into position the pains I was getting! And waddling wouldn't even describe the way I was walking haha! It was like a mix between waddling and pooping yourself haha attractive ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->