April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I have a horrible headache right behind my eyeball. Better be a sign of labor. :haha:

Lol kirstabelle at the moment everything I have is a sign of labour haha "I need to fart, hope its a sign! I have a runny nose... Ooooh labour?" Hehe its a tense time the last few weeks of pregnancy! It's back to investigating tissue paper after wiping! ;) my poor oh walked into the bathroom last night when I was investigating! I've never seen him run so fast! Hope your head ache goes away!

Lol you girls are cracking me up!
I'm investigating tissue with full concentration each time I pee as well.
In fact my tail bone hurts and I'm extremely hungry today (I had at least 6 meals today) , could it be labor?:blush:

kristabelle happy due date!! sorry just noticed.. Im not sure what you call a consultant in america.. not an OB though.. or could it be?

haha mommabrown you need to distract him with something like games tv or cookies then you can get up and he wont care ;) Lucas and Aaron are much better now so it is mainly just Connie who is poorly so Im getting lots of lovely sleepy cuddles and movies in together. Im so grateful for easter holidays right now lol xx

kealz I read that it can dry their skin out.. I put baby oil in the bath water instead of bubble bath for the first six months and only wash with the shampoo I was told they dont need more than water to get clean when they are babies. I went and brought all the gorgeous smelly bath stuff for Ben though as we never had it in Norway and now I cant use it boooooo!!!

Lol lily don't you say your doctor said ur lo was up high? How are you fitting all that food in!? I just look at food and I'm full up how high this little man is sitting! Unless your lo has dropped :) lol

Yeah it does dry the skin out caused eczema, that's why I ended up using the oilatum, it has liquid paraffin in it and rehydrated the skin! She has moments still where she gets the dry skin and I just pop a bit in the bath and I use an oatmeal cream and she is fine! I shall just be using water too till James actually gets to that point that he is actually dirty and I've got the mild top and tail wash for those baths, just pop a little in the water! Lol don't worry it will keep and you can use it as he gets a little bit older :) he will still smell gorgeous anyway (gotta love that baby smell) x

oooh lily six meals today?! haha Im also checking tissue again.. every twinge is wishful thinking lol x

update from Facebook... Sparklegirl had her baby either last night or this morning... she had a beautiful little girl and both are well I presume. Hopefully she will come and update us properly soon... still no word from stmw x

kristabelle: I thought the week predictor thing seemed a bit goofy too. Good to know that by 43 weeks, baby will 100% certain have arrived! :dohh:

ukgirl: I hope you get your induction at your appointment tomorrow!! It's ridiculous that they keep making you wait like this.

kealz: I'm the same boat! After my bleed on Wednesday I'm now wondering if every little thing might be the start of something. :dohh: Although when I got to work today, my boss took one look at me and said it looks like baby is ready to go! (She's had two kids herself, and I hadn't told her yet about the hospital trip on Wed) So maybe that's a good sign and can tell baby has started dropping? Or maybe I just look like a whale. :haha:

mommabrown: good to hear that you're still taking it easy! This coming week will be an exciting one with a bunch of a LO's arriving I think!! I can't wait to hear about everyone's stories.

I get my yoga ball tomorrow from my sister, and we're installing the car seat base into her car. So hopefully some bouncing on the ball really will get LO moving!

Candy thanks for the update on sparkle girl! Can't wait to hear more details!

And nope, no more signs of anything for me yet. I'm actually starting to wonder if it was my show, as there wasn't very much, or if it was maye just a bit of blood leftover from your woman poking her hand half way up to my brain on Wednesday during my sweep. Either way, baby will hopefully be here this time next week.

Mommabrown: you're so lucky Allen is being so great! I'm jealous! Not that Simon isn't, but you sound like you are getting star treatment!

Ukgirl
Big hugs... They really need to induce you as it's not fair to let you carry on like this especially as you have other children to think about. I think it's time you made a fuss and hopefully this will get them to change their minds. Will be thinking of you and hope all goes well and you get the news you want at the hospital tomorrow.

Ukgirl- yeah i have that stuff but i havent used it yet lol ryans mum had bought few bath things for us but i know your not meant to use anything but water for the first few weeks or was that months lol

I think we have moisture aswell for her but i dont wanna use things like that to early

Have to say i had that white noise on again and she just past out next to me lol. im on the couch so i was going to just let her sleep there next to me as i know she loves sleeping in my arms. But ryan doesnt want her getting use to it as she may except it all the time. i get what he means as my neice is pretty clingy to my sister :|.

I hope things start happening for all you ladies that are left. And uk girl i hope they make there mind up soon to get your induced. xxx

Thanks DL! It still hasn't hit Allen that there is a baby in there yet so he is kinda doing the best he can with out me hounding him! Lol He was talking to my belly earlier and said to her Baby please come out I can't live with your mommy anymore! Hahaha i gave him a good smack to the head!

Oh maybe things will start picking up for you if it was your show!!! I know this sounds very embarrassing but My SIL had hemorrhoids really bad. And she wiped one day and saw the blood and started freaking out. She was like 34 weeks or so and rushed to the Hospital and the nurse told her what was going on....Oh i would have died!!!

Cherry I washed my LO's every other day with the regular Johnson & Johnson Gentle Baby wash every other day and wiped them down with a wash rag on the days they didn't have a bath and of course Baby Lotion every day. They wash them at the hospital and lotion them up really good after you have had her so it shouldn't hurt her any.
Allen would never let me sleep with Landon in my arms or on my chest as he was very much the same way about him being spoiled and not sleeping in his own bed was the biggest NO NO. If he came home and Landon was in my bed I would get a good scolding!

There will be three of us in the early part of next week that will be having our LO's!!!!!!I am getting so excited and I also want to see how everyone's theories of what DL is having come true or not!!!!

There will be three of us in the early part of next week that will be having our LO's!!!!!!I am getting so excited and I also want to see how everyone's theories of what DL is having come true or not!!!!

Oooh...I haven't made a prediction yet on which team I think DL will end up on. I'm going to say after all this stubborness that LO is a boy! Yep, that's that. DL, you're having a boy! :coffee:

Momma brown I think they do things differently here to over there! They don't bath baby here just a wipe off then dress them instantly, and they recommend not bathing baby till the cord has dropped off! Just a top and tail wash. And not to use lotion or even baby oil as its scented! Of baby gets really dry skin to massage extra virgin olive oil into the skin! Funny how different things are across the pond lol x

ooo. They were meant to help us wash paige in hospital but they never did. I guess they were over busy as my last full day i was in one of those rooms by my self as i was barrier nursed.. Was just constipated lol and trouble going to loo but im pretty sure i was had diarrhea to so i was put it there and hardly seen by any midwifes.. dont even think i got my blood pressure check on my last day either.

Im chuffed now that i should be getting my rubella jag cause if i dont get it i have no protection to german measles.. so i need to get it lol.

Wow now im rambling lol.

wow your right there is a few of you's having your little ones next week whay hey :D

Kealz it is amazing how different it is. With my youngest they roughed him up while scrubbing him down and even brought us the bottles they opened to us when we went home. I have never heard of using extra virgin oil on them either! Wow it is so cool to actually here about the differences in our cultures!

Oh yeah Cherry i remember how bad it was to go to the loo. My DR tells us to go home and take stool softener and GasX so that it is easily relieved. It goes by so fast in the hospital when there is a lot going on. I hope we only have to stay 2 days or so.

Readytomum I dunno I am pretty bad at guess what people will have but it could very well be a boy! Hard headed and stubborn already refusing to come out! Lol but i have a girl that is the same way!!!!

yeah staying a few nights aint to bad. i was dying to get out of there lol. xx

LOL @ you ladies inspecting the tissue, I thought I was the only one doing that! :haha:

I've lost some pale pink plug today, but the MW said to expect that after yesterdays rummage to see how dilated I was (only 2cm) Not expecting it to mean anything as I've been losing bit of plug on and off for weeks :dohh:

Having my BP checked again tomorrow, as it was high yesterday, but no protein and my bloods came back fine.

Has anyone else popped yet or in the process of popping? These April babies seem too comfy lol!!!

Has anyone else popped yet or in the process of popping? These April babies seem too comfy lol!!!

I'm starting to think my boss was right that LO has started to drop... I've been getting lots of the usual foot scrapings along my right side this afternoon, but it's more towards the middle of my tummy rather than right under my ribs. But I have no idea! :shrug: Babies need to come with clearer manuals! lol

Dan-o you are right- these babies are far too happy! I don't actually think we have a single April baby yet! Naughty lot!

Lol at the gender predictions for me! I am honestly thinking boy as well- but spent the first half of pregnancy thinking girl, so either way I'm right :haha: but have terrible instincts as I can't say for certain what I think!
Most people I know also think boy, as does Simon, so if its a girl it'll be a huge shock to all!!!

Oh also update on my sil situation: she has changed her plans and is only visiting us next Thursday and not staying the night :thumbup:

And I spoke to Simon about his parents and explained why I want them to stay elsewhere and he said that its fine, but I know he's disappointed, but he isn't making a big deal (not that he ever does!) so I feel much better about it all!

thats great doggylover!!! You can relax now :D xx I did originally think you were having a girl because of how nicely your pregnancy went but baby is being stubborn now and weighed a beast on the growth scan so now Im changing my mind to a boy! lol xx

I just managed to sleep for two hours lol oh the busy life of a pregnant lady!

In Norway they rub them down and hand them over they dont dress them until an hour later.. we got skin on skin contact then shower and food while baby got checked over ect... we could bathe them on the second day.. everyone is required to stay for at least three days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->