April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Steph, how are you typing without pissing off your IV line? lol

I remember trying to post stuff after getting my eoi with Maisie and the IV pole started furiously beeping at me. And it took like 30 minutes for a nurse to bother coming to see what was up. :haha: So I was afraid to try again after that, haha.

Steph I can't believe how casual you are about this whole thing :rofl: actually, that's a lie, I can totally believe it, you have been so relaxed this whole pregnancy that the fact that you are probably pushing Grayson out right now and still typing away doesn't surprise me at all!

Candy, glad the mw is coming out to see you, but can't believe how rue the other mw was to you! Hopefully you send them back some of your sickness ;)

Cherry: that photo of Paige in the bath - she looks TINY!!! Like a little doll! She is just absolutely precious.

Simon came home from work today with a onesie for him and one for me. So we are sitting in our living room, him in his cow, and me in my....flying squirrel. He is so random! He said its so when the LO gets here we can all lounge around in onesies together :haha:

Well unless anyone goes spontaneously before Tuesday HOPEFULLY I will be next! That said if my induction is long then mommabrown will have Emmaleigh first!

omg doggylover Simon is a legend! I want a flying squirrel onsie!! LOL.

Bahahahah i went from being a cry bag to Laughing so hard DL!! Where did he find onesies big enough for the two of you!

I am so hormonal today i can't believe Tuesday morning I will finally be holding Emmaleigh in my arms.

He got them online. He's such a weirdo :haha:

Mommabrown what time are you going into hospital on Tuesday?

lol primark normally have onesies lol that said we sold out before xmas and were slowly getting them back lol.

Awww i so cant wait to see who is next to go lol.

Ive had this page sitting open for the past hour lol think once i get some money im buying electric bump lol my hand goes sore after so long pretty sure i could have got more one the one boob but i gave up there is 1.5oz's in the bottle from one boob so far i normally get 2oz from both all together lol so im getting little one from the one :) saying that i did express twice yesterday today i just cant be bothered lol

Cherry, you'll get better at hand expression once you get used to it and figure out what works best for yourself. It's supposedly more efficient than a pump and most people can hand express (some quite a bit) milk even after their final letdown for a pump. That said, electric pumping with a hands-free bra is definitely way easier than hand expressing every time! But Paige is latching okay now? Was it you who said that was an issue at first or am I making stuff up? :haha:

He got them online. He's such a weirdo :haha:

Mommabrown what time are you going into hospital on Tuesday?

I have to be there at 5:30 am our time. I don't know what time that would be were you are at DL.

Yay for a good pump! Cherry! My insurance covers the pump so while at the Hospital I am going to have them order it.

Holy crap that's early for you! Do you know what time your section is at, or do you just have to wait until they are ready for you? It's so exciting, less than 72 hours and she'll be here!!

I'm thinking that, despite the time difference, Emmaleigh will definitely be here before my LO even thinks about poking their head out!

Also, people who have done this labour business before, are we going to look insane turning up at the hospital with FOUR bags?! One for me, one for dh, one for baby and one (to my eternal shame...) full of drinks and snacks!

It seems like a LOT.

Yeah she doesnt latch on at all. so i bottle feed her, i find it much easier lol. just going to look at prices for the electric one lol

aww see we dont get insurance for that kind of thing here lol xx

OMG Steph how exciting!! Cannot wait to see Grayson! Good Luck, although it sounds like you are doing really well with it already!

DL those onesies sound awesome!! I really like your DH he sounds like so much fun... when he's not beating you and making you walk the dogs :haha:

Awwww and Scarlett and Paige are so pretty! I can't believe Scarlett is about to be a month old and my LO is still lazing around in utero!

I'm glad the MW is at least coming out to see you Candy, I hope some kind of decision will be made about your status.

I am soooo glad it has stopped snowing here and have been able to wear just my little woolly slip on Toms. But its still cold :( although sunny today at least. Come on spring! I am supposed to have a spring baby! Maybe that's why she's not coming out!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We are off for a walk to see if we can get something moving. Had another curry last night, a thai red curry, was super spicy and did nooooothing :roll:

DL nope i have just as many! One for me, one for Allen, and One for Emmaleigh, one for Landon, and one with mischief stuff like camera, batteries, phone book with numbers for Allen to call when baby is born...so it looks like I am moving on in!!!

I am the very first person on the list for surgery so it could be right away or closer to 8:00 am depending on the Anesthesiologist.

DL I had one big bag for me/dh/snacks and then a large diaper bag packed full for LO and noone batted an eye. I would maybe leave LOs in the car until you need it and then it won't seem like so much at once if you're worried? Our big bag was like an overnight type bag but it was packed full. Are yours and DHs bag really big or smaller?

Honestly though - your labor so who cares what anyone else thinks of your bags lol! Bring whatever you think you'll need and boo to anyone who is bothered by it!

DL - I have a bag for me, a big stuffed diaper bag for LO and DH will have a bag, plus we are bringing a cooler with snacks that will later be used to transport my placenta so that the doula can encapsulate it... so yeah yours will look very normal compared to that :haha: If you feel uncomfortable about it at any time, just remember me and my placenta cooler and you'll feel better! :winkwink:

DL - I have a bag for me, a big stuffed diaper bag for LO and DH will have a bag, plus we are bringing a cooler with snacks that will later be used to transport my placenta so that the doula can encapsulate it... so yeah yours will look very normal compared to that :haha: If you feel uncomfortable about it at any time, just remember me and my placenta cooler and you'll feel better! :winkwink:

Umm, what do you mean encapsulate it? And what is a doula? (Never heard I either)

Isnt a doula one of the birthing partner people i remember seeing one of neighbours when sonya was pregnant lol they just help you through your pregnancy and stuff dont they?

I had a small gym bag for me and a nappy bag for paige but i so wish i had more clothes for paige. we ran out of vest and sleep suits as she was sick a few times. I had enough of everything else. I should have only took one set of pj's though as i stayed in them pretty much the whole time i was there and i didnt take snack but my mum has brought some in for me and i got ryan to get me crisps and sweets (whom stole the sweets back of me once we got home lol)

Anymore news on how steph is doing? xx

If you feel uncomfortable about it at any time, just remember me and my placenta cooler and you'll feel better! :winkwink:

:rofl: that is an image that will get me through my entire labour!!

Thanks ladies for that input, I definitely feel more normal now! It started off as two bags, but now we are going for induction and I'm convinced we'll be there until basically the end of time, I decided dh needs his own, and more snacks were required!

Dh's bag is pretty small (a small backpack) and I have a little suitcase (cabin baggage size) so maybe we won't look too bad. Although my snack bag does say I <3 moustaches :haha:

And Sweetpea, I think I will leave LOs bag in the car until its needed, excellent idea!

Mommabrown, that's great that you are first up on Tuesday morning :happydance: you will have her before you know it, and then all day to recover!

Cherry: all my doula knowledge also comes from neighbours!!

Sarah this time round I've got a hand luggage bag for myself and James has his changing bag, and I've labeled everything in large freezer bags so if oh has to he the outfits out he knows what is why and why size etc and a small rucksack for oh plus snacks camera etc xxx

DL I didnt take much with the other two as you know we got given everything in Norway including underwear loooool.... This time I have a big suitcase full of clothes and stuff I need, a nappy bag for electricals and pictures of my kids and art work they've done for me and a big snack bag lol

I had dinner when I was admitted to labour ward and it was absolutely rank!! snacks are a very good idea! LOL x

I've missed the midwife I woke up in crippling pain right down low earlier, it was so bad I was rolling around and crying. its all the cramps from the bug :( I was feeling too poorly to open the door I feel like a huge twat now! :(

encapsulating the placenta... is that where they take a print of it for you? You're not gonna eat it are you? I cant even look at that thing let alone take it home!

Cherrybump the electric pump is good :) I had the manual one and it was difficult to squeeze, got hand cramps. x

I'm dying to hear from Steph! I bet she's had him and so in love with her little Grayson that she's forgotten us lol... well... I hope he's out by now at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->