April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Candy: yeah I can't imagine the hospital food is going to be great, so we are snack central! And juice as well, as I hate drinking water that isn't cold unless its juice!

I believe encapsulating the placenta is when it's dried, and crushed into tablets/capsules which you can then take. They are full of iron and vitamins which have been in the placenta. But I'm sure kirstabelle will keep us right on this one!

I'm dying to know about steph too! I think (hope) that no news is very, very good news!!

We have three bags... a gym bag for me which also has snacks in it, a small-ish over night bag for Peter with his clothes and diapers (from Primark actually! lol), and DH has a backpack.

When I was at the hospital on Wed night there were people there with two suitcases, a couple of canvas bags, a cooler bag AND two pillows. Now THEY looked a little bit like they were moving in. :haha: I bet the nurses etc. don't even bat an eye at it though because they're so used to it.

Lol ukgirl by any chance the pants they gave you over there were they like a netty material lol cause thats what i was given in hospital and i noticed the other ladies wearing them to lol well just one as her butt was always on show hahaha. they werent comfy at all and i was given and bigger pair because they took over the covering thing on my scar. I still have like 2 pair of these random netty pants lol but i dont use them there just sitting there in my bathroom haha and you know those pad thing they put under your butt because your bleeding i had a spare one so i just stuck it in my bag also. lol im such a theif lol even the hat the put on paige yep i took that home to lol not sure if i was meant to but they didnt say lol

so whay hey for the freebies lol. I new they have pads if i needed them which because i couldnt move for the first day and they have to keep a check on down there for me i was getting pads from them :)..

DL im a sucker for soaps i missed alot of neighbours but i didnt remember that episode lol

I hope that no news is good news from Steph...I bet she is just loving him up right now and with people visiting she just hasn't had the time to update.

DL 72 hours...yeah i know I am seriously crying like a baby today. I have got to get myself together as I am so nervous, excited, scared, happy, sad, all mixed into one today! I don't know how some of the other ladies felt but I am just realizing how big of a change is coming to our lives....Yea i may be a little slow. lol

Yeah Encapsulating the placenta is what you are talking about DL. Although i can't imagine doing it myself I hear lots of great raves about it.

Ahh but you are a pro! You have done this lots before, and it will all come flooding back once Emmaleigh is in your arms. Plus it's a huge change for the better!

I still feel like Tuesday is forever away though, and not knowing how long it will actually be until my LO gets the hell out of me makes it seem even further!

Did your mom have long labors? They say if she did you usually will. My SIL and her mom have never been in labor over 4 hours ever!

Wow the lucky ladies!!

Well she was just telling me earlier actually about our births. I was 7 hours which wouldn't be so bad....my brother was 19 which isn't ideal! My sister was between the two. I'm thinking I'll be somewhere closer to the 19 mark!!

Maybe not...at least I don't want you to be in labor for 19 hours. My mom was in labor with me for 72 and then 6 with my middle sister and barely made it to the hospital with my youngest sister. So when I had Laurynn 29 1/2 hours that ended up in c-section was an epic fail for me....I inheriated my Grandmas small pelivc bones! Yay me! Lol

You never know DL - my mom was in active labor 24 hours with both me and my brother - I was in active labor 8 hours and then 6 hours - there's still hope!

So itching to know how Steph and Grayson are doing!!!!!!!
My mum never really answers me when I ask how her 2labours were! So I don't really know! And my mil goes ino too much detail! So I don't ask her. And she shares horror stories, that you jut don't want to hear at certain times! So I avoid her stories haha! I have this feeling this labor is not going to be a a walk in the park... And I think I'm gonna get to my due date and they will decide to induce me I don't think he will come early!
Candy sorry our feeling so rough! Oh no about missing the mw!!! Not good!
Momma brown how exciting that you are goin to be holdin emmaleigh so soon :) I can understand why your so emotional too... It's understandable! But I can't wait to hear she is here and see pics :) x

Yeah she doesnt latch on at all. so i bottle feed her, i find it much easier lol. just going to look at prices for the electric one lol

aww see we dont get insurance for that kind of thing here lol xx

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but if you want to give her breastmilk, you've gotta start getting it out way, way, way more often than a couple times a day. When it just sits in there, your body gets the message that it's not needed and will stop producing it, and rather quickly since it's early days. Just fair warning! :thumbup: It may be possible to relactate later but will be much easier to just keep it up since your hormones are working in your favor at this point.

If you'd rather just formula feed, then do that. :flower: Every drop of breast milk she gets will be beneficial, so if you want to just keep hand expressing a couple of times a day and give her a bottle or 2 of that, that's great, just don't expect your body to magically be producing a fully supply later if you change your mind and want to try to exclusively breastfeed.

My insurance doesn't cover breastfeeding supplies, either, so I feel your pain there. The Hygeia Enjoye is a closed pump system, though, so it's okay to buy a used one of those. I just scored one PLUS a Medela Harmony (manual pump) for $40 total (Would'e been about $260 new)! The Enjoye is the only home pump (here at least) that is a closed system (which means it's appropriate and sanitary for multiple users).

Also, if you're pumping to establish a supply, you may be better off (in terms of your milk supply) renting a pump from a hospital or medical supplier (not sure how it works over there) since you're exclusively pumping.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice! I just don't want you to spend a bunch of money on a pump only to discover your milk supply is almost gone. :flower:

My uterus can suck my ass.

I thought I was cooking with fire a few hours ago. I had 1 minute contractions every 2.5-4 minutes (mostly every 3) for 1.5 hours. They felt like early labor contractions to me -- very low, starting in the middle of my abdomen and spreading around to the sides, and crampy, which is quite different from my usual high-up-on-bump BH contractions and quite similar to what I remember my early pitocin-induced contractions feeling like. And then they slowed to every 5 minutes... then every 7... then back to my usually 4-5 BH contractions an hour. I. am. grumpy. :growlmad:

Maybe not...at least I don't want you to be in labor for 19 hours. My mom was in labor with me for 72 and then 6 with my middle sister and barely made it to the hospital with my youngest sister. So when I had Laurynn 29 1/2 hours that ended up in c-section was an epic fail for me....I inheriated my Grandmas small pelivc bones! Yay me! Lol

Ahhh your moms labour with you, and yours with Laurynn are not what I need to hear now :haha: hopefully I will be more like your mom with your youngest sister!

Sweetpea, those times sound good to me! I could manage 6 or 8 hours (I hope!)

Littlespy "my uterus can suck my ass" :rofl: I love how you phrase things! No wonder you are grumpy now, your uterus tricked you big time. :growlmad:

I am assuming Grayson has arrived and lovely Steph is spending lots of time cuddling her beautiful boy!! Can't wait to find out for sure!

I'm not really clear on my mom's birth stories either... I know my sister and I were both C-sections, but I dont know if mine was planned or not? I came two weeks before I was due, so I'm guessing even if it was planned it ended up happening sooner than they thought it would!

I sure hope Steph and Grayson are enjoying some excellent cuddle time and that's why she's abandoned her phone!! Can't wait to hear that they're both doing ok and how much the beast weighed. :winkwink:

Little Spy: Sorry you're getting false alarms over there! Now that I've got a few freezer meals sorted out at least, I wouldn't mind if Peter decided to show up now! lol My bump is definitely lower than it was and still crampy and achy. My feet are also starting to look like footballs! Lots of BH but no real contractions yet.

Ah hahahaha Little Spy you crack me up!!

DL I wouldn't worry it seemed Stephs went by quick too so maybe you will be just as lucky!!!!

I have the same horrible BH a few an hour and I know she is in there teasing me! Bahaha she isn't going any where till Tuesday!

Readytomum glad you are making freezer dinners.....Allen has a bunch already made up and has even said we will probably be eating lots of BBQ if he has to cook all week after we have the baby!

Yep, placenta encapsulation is when they steam it with chinese herbs and then dehydrate it, crush it and put it into capsules that you take post-partum. It is supposed to help balance your hormones and nourish your recovering body etc. Anecdotal evidence suggests it can lower the incidence of baby blues and Post-Natal depression. Its getting more common here and my MW assured me I wouldn't be the only woman on the L&D floor with a cooler :haha: I don't know if anyone else was a fan of that show Girls Next Door but Hugh Hefner's ex #1 girlfriend Holly Madison just had a baby and encapsulated her placenta. So did January Jones who plays Betty on Mad Men. So I am not a lone weirdo sitting at home eating my own placenta :haha: And they do just look like vitamins, so I just won't really think about it and gulp them down pretty easily I think. I have read of other women cooking and eating it and making it into smoothies, which I am certain I could not handle. My DH made me promise not to tell any of our friends what I am doing as he is horrified by it :haha: And yes a doula is a like a birth coach. I got a doula because I am a FTM and trying to do it with as few interventions as possible. Mine is an apprentice home birth midwife so she's very familiar with natural birth and will hopefully be a good source of support for me and DH.

DL my mum's first two births were inductions at 42 weeks and they were both 5-6 hrs each and then her 3rd birth she describes as 2 days of mild labor that started naturally at 41 weeks. That was the one where she didn't know when to go to hospital because she didn't think it hurt enough and when she went in she had my little brother in half an hour of arriving there :haha: One of my best friends also had two induced births, the first was straight up pitocin and the second was with a cervical gel (although I'm not sure if it was cervidil or cytotec which is what they use here in the US) and she said the gel was way more painful but faster and better than her pit induction. But everyone is different and will have a different reaction to the meds so it is so hard to tell. I am in the same boat as you, reading everything about inductions and getting very confused :shrug: Although I'm sure we will both be fine and there's still a chance our lazy LO's will get things going on their own :hugs:

just popping in.. still feeling shite. Funsies.

Dan-o has gone to L&D with contractions fingers crossed for her, will update asap.

My mum was induced with 3 of us, there are 4 altogether, she had quick labours, mine have been quite slow and started naturally. Weirdly she said she was induced with me for having high BP.

kirstabelle -- you're not the only weirdo eating your placenta for sure. :p I've known women who just... straight up put the shit in a smoothie in their hospital/birth center rooms! Apparently frozen berries cover up the flavor pretty well. I don't think I could do that, but more power to them. I seriously considered encapsulation & even know a doula who does it but have chickened out. I could probably benefit from the hormones since I ended up with "severe" PPD last time but I'm convinced that was mostly from my unexpected supply issues combined with craziness caused by the mini-pill and I'm prepared for supply issues this time. I think/hope. And avoiding the mini-pill like the plague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->