April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Congratulations, TeAmo!! :happydance: Can't wait to see her!

Due date buddy betrayal.... :haha:

I must have slept like garbage last night because all I can think about today is sleeping... I had to go into campus first thing this morning to drop something off, and then I came home and napped. Had a bit of lunch now, and I think I'm going back to bed till I need to get ready to go into work a bit later!!

Sheesh...:sleep:

So many babies arriving! I've been terrible about posting here, but have kept up on my reading.

As for me, I'm still here- I'll probably be the last of anyone to go as I've had no real signs, as far as I know. Not like I would necessarily recognize them. It is exciting to read about everyone else's births, though. Kind of makes it seem more real.

Hey girls! Emmaleigh and I are doing great!

Congrats to everyone who has had their babies!

DL I was checking in to see if you have had your LO yet?!

Sorry this is so short but I am on my phone. I will give all the proper updates once we get to go home.

Ukgirl good luck I hope to see pictures of Benson later on!

Nope, not even close yet!! :haha:

So glad to hear you and Emmaleigh are doing well, she is just gorgeous :kiss: and not as big as you had expected which is great!! Make sure you take it easy and let Allen do everything to help out.

Jen, you never know, I'm sure you've read on here a few ladies who had nothing then BAM! Baby is now here! So don't worry too much yet. I'll be waiting to hear your news!

Thanks- hope you're right, DL. Good luck on your big day tomorrow!

jen it happen to me lol no sign of labor or anything stood up fro couch there goes mt waters mins later my contraction lost my plug then to 4 hours later baby in my arms. was scary but hey i got a lil cutie pie now xxxx

Congratulations, TeAmo!! :happydance: Can't wait to see her!

Due date buddy betrayal.... :haha:

Pmsl. ever so sorry lovely! Hehehehe

update on candy... she's on the ward...she has a bed.....oh and a pessary!!:come on Benson get your groove on Xx

Hi all! Congrats to all those who have had their babies! They are all on their way now!

Afm, I am admitted to the hospital. Dilated to a four and having contractions. The little guy should be here today or tonight!

Good luck to all those still waiting! :)

Yay candy!!! Things must be moving along! I'm sure Benson will take his time before making a grand enterance... And then he will take everyone's breath away :flower:
Sarah, I'm sure you have said it a million times... Sorry... But what time tomorrow morning?? Just think, by tomorrow night, little ones will hopefully be in your arms!!!!:happydance:
Anyone else being induced this week? Random labor is up for LittleSpy this week :thumbup:, but is anyone else close or over?

No! Bjs you have to hold him in and let mine come first!! It's my turn!! :rofl:
I'm just kidding of course (kind of!)
Best of luck, and I can't wait to hear the news of his safe arrival!! I hope it all goes smoothly, and you are able to update us soon :hugs:

TeAmo, thanks for the update on candy! Fingers crossed Benson won't be too stubborn!

Steph, 8.30am my time tomorrow morning, but I'm not as confident as you that LO will come that quickly! I think ill still be waiting mid- Wednesday for the little brat to make a move!!! How is the wonderful Grayson?

Hi all! Congrats to all those who have had their babies! They are all on their way now!

Afm, I am admitted to the hospital. Dilated to a four and having contractions. The little guy should be here today or tonight!

Good luck to all those still waiting! :)

Eeekkk Bjs, good luck! LO will be here in a few short hours!! How very exciting!

No! Bjs you have to hold him in and let mine come first!! It's my turn!! :rofl:
I'm just kidding of course (kind of!)
Best of luck, and I can't wait to hear the news of his safe arrival!! I hope it all goes smoothly, and you are able to update us soon :hugs:

TeAmo, thanks for the update on candy! Fingers crossed Benson won't be too stubborn!

Steph, 8.30am my time tomorrow morning, but I'm not as confident as you that LO will come that quickly! I think ill still be waiting mid- Wednesday for the little brat to make a move!!! How is the wonderful Grayson?

Sarah, how about a dramatic water breaking scene as your walking into the hospital?

whooo good luck candy and bj cant wait to see piks :) xxxx

Hi ladies, finally got round to writing my birth story!

Link to My birth story

Baby Vincent was born on 6th April @ 11.28pm, drug free natural and lovely hospital delivery 2 weeks early! (not sure if I posted this before!)

Showing no signs of GBS infection and we are back home now. BFing going well, sleeping not so well ha ha! I got away with it this time, if it wasn't for the afterpains, I'd hardly know I'd given birth! :haha:

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/bump%202/vin1.jpg

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/bump%202/vin3.jpg

Dan-o that is all wonderful news! (Apart form the sleep bit!) I'm off to have a read of your birth story now as it sounds just like what I need to hear tonight! I hope Sidney is taking well to his role as a big brother!

Simon just reappeared from the bath he decided to have to calm himself down, in which he had been reading his man pregnancy book. He came to me with the pearl of wisdom that the crib is too close to the radiator, and we HAVE NO ROOM THERMOMETER AND NEED ONE! :haha:
I reminded him that yes, it was too close now, but we will be moving it when LO gets here, it's only there so it isn't in my way right now.
And I let him order a gro-egg thermometer as he is very concerned about temperature and its something he can do to make himself feel better! Bless him!

Hey all – this is the birth story of Lexi!
She was born on the 04/04/2013 at 01:05. I started getting real pains on the 02/04/2013, they continued to get worse over the next 24 hours – I stayed at home trying to handle them – the pain I was getting in my back was shocking though and they were really starting to get to me. I put Roxy to bed and decided it was best if we went to the hospital as they must have been doing something as it was going on for so long and they were so intense. We phoned my mum to come and look after Roxy and drove to the hospital. We were made to wait in a waiting room – contracting in front of strangers was so embarrassing so I ended up in the hallway stood in a corner crying with each contraction. DH was getting annoyed and so went to speak to them to find out exactly when we were going to be seen. An hour later they finally came and saw me. Got hooked up to the monitor as they wanted to check Lexi’s heartbeat (as she was predicted to be small she could get in distress easily). The pains were getting worse so I had the gas and air. I remember laughing at DH and kept asking him how he was. The next thing I know, Lexi’s heartbeat is going ridiculously slow (74bpm) and I was so scared. They checked me and I was fully and ready to go (this was an hour after being seen so had been there for only 2 hours!!) Got to delivery suite and they were telling me to push, I had one woman pushing the monitor down so hard and the other midwife pulling on my bits telling me to push. It was so bad as with Roxy she came out in 15 minutes but I just couldn’t do it! They decided to cut me and then she kept pulling me apart when I was pushing, it was so horrible. Eventually I pushed her head out and not long after she came!!! All 4lb 11 ounces of her! They were checking her breathing and she came out with Apgars of 9, 9 and 10 so no problems at all. Next thing my placenta wouldn’t come – consultant came in and decided to try and get it out with his hands – on the gas and air again!!! Didnt work so had to go to theatre, had a drip and a spinal block as well as a lovely catheter. Spent 45 minutes with my legs in stirrups, watching 2 people discuss the position of my placenta and pull funny faces when getting it out. I was stitched up and finally taken to my baby who was looking gorgeous under the warmer unit. Had to be washed then taken up the ward where I was quite simply dumped, no feeling in my legs, couldn’t move, couldn’t tend to Lexi so I was really sad. I didn’t sleep – just looked at her. 4 hours later, stood up asked them to get the catheter and drip out and could finally look after Lexi properly. It was a traumatic experience but in hindsight im glad I was at a hospital and not a birth centre due to all the problems. She is completely worth it though!!!
xxxxxx

:shock: I actually cannot believe the "service" you got Stmw!! What the eff? How could they leave you for an hour before assessing you? No wonder everything ended up being such a panic and not going smoothly considering how laid back their approach appears to be to tending to people. BUT you and Lexi are both ok so a good outcome in the end.
She is soooo tiny! I love the pics you put of her on fb, such a gorgeous little lady! Lots of love to the whole family xx

Aww dano Vincent is gorgeous! And so glad he is showing no signs of gbs infection! Gives me hope as I too have it and I've been panicking nyself! Will have a read if your story now!
Aww Sarah that's sweet though of Simon bless him! Tell him the grow egg is great? We have one! Also Stephens idea! Must be a man thing hehe!
Omg stmw I'm so sorry you had such a traumatic birth but I'm so so glad both you and lexi are ok! Are you going to complain?
I'm sorry if I've missed anyone I'm trying to read/type/eat at the same time haha xx

Haha Kealz, I guess it's because the gro egg is technically a gadget that the men must love it!! Bless them! Glad it's useful though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->