April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Well ladies, they are inducing me today! They are doing it in about 10 mins! She said it could take anywhere from 24hrs to 3 days but it could also be sooner as its my second! I'm absolutely pooing myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still no word from doggy! I text her but haven't had a reply! X

Good luck Kealz and will look forward to the news of little one finally arriving xx

Well ladies, they are inducing me today! They are doing it in about 10 mins! She said it could take anywhere from 24hrs to 3 days but it could also be sooner as its my second! I'm absolutely pooing myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still no word from doggy! I text her but haven't had a reply! X

Oh my goodness!! Good luck with your induction!:hugs:
I doubt it will take 3 days rofl!:haha:

Hugs and we are thinking of you!

Doggy probably is having her baby right now...

Eeek good luck kealz!! I'm sure it won't take too long - fx for you!!!

Hope Doggylover is well!

Well Harrison and I have spent the day back at hospital infact we are still here :( the health visitor came this morning and said he was still too jaundice and had to come in so they have been trying to get blood from him - 2 lots no good for te lab so the poor poor boy has had third lot sent now and waiting for results to see if has to go under light therapy again! Fx he's ok!!! Good news is that he is gaining weight well 7.5 now :)

Candy hope your enjoying being a mummy if a newborn again and that you are able to get home asap.

Gosh Littlespy hopefully your waters will go and that will kick start contractions....I hope so....fx!!

Cherry are you breast resting inbetween pumping? I'd it a manual pump u have? Im bf but giving occasional bottle if in in a place that I can't bf (using hipp organic milk) actually note for people I was told u can't swap formula quickly and as he was tube fed cow&gate I used a few bottles if that but it made him sick everytime (even in hospital) so I decided to try the organic hipp milk and he wasn't sick at all & had far less wind :) mind you he doesn't even have a bottle every other day!

Readytomum hopefully the bh's are revving up for the propper ones and prepping your cervix! I hope so!

Hope everyone else is ok?

Awww DL sorry the pessary didn't work out so well, but I'm sure the syntocin will kick things into gear... probably as evidenced by the lack of updates! I imagine you have your hands full! And hopefully very soon filled with baby J, if not already!

Nimbec, poor little Harrison with all his blood drawings! Hope that's it for that now and hope he is fine :hugs:

Little Spy, sounds like you are well on your way to labor! FX for you!

And good luck Kealz, how exciting!! The three day induction thing really is possible. My friend was in labor for over two days following an induction. It is apparently not that uncommon, especially if you also have an epidural :shrug:

Ah Ready to Mum my due date buddy has already left me for dust! Along with a bunch of ladies a fair ways behind me! Six days "late" now, and she only has six days left to get a move on! My DH thinks she's gunning for his birthday, which is Friday :haha: He moaned that if she comes on Friday he will "never get a birthday again" as it will have been hijacked by his daughter :haha: Such a baby.

Had acupuncture yesterday and this morning. Last night I had a huge run of BH's that went all night, even when I was sleeping which hasn't happened before. Also a fair few stronger ones and some cramping. So FX that we might get there on our own steam yet. Tomorrow morning we have a scan to check fluid and placenta function. I also have my regular MW appt to so hopefully I get a progress report that cheers me up!

Oh yeah, and for any other waiting mamas I found this article on shifting posterior babies to anterior which is supposed to help get better pressure on the cervix to start and speed up labor and make it less painful with less back labor... so, if you're doing nothing but waiting for baby, it gives you something to do if nothing else! Posterior is my LO's favorite position... of course :roll:

https://thenestingplace.blog.com/20...eeds-to-know-about-op-babies-and-back-labour/

Kealz good luck hun, bet its fine! I was induced with the pessary last time and it went really well despite LO being posterior and me having PE!

Doggy, hope the next stage gets things moving, from what I gather, it usually does!! Baby will be here ASAP!!

Nimbec sorry to hear about the jaundice, hope it clears nice and quick!

Kirstabelle, that's what happened to me on the weds night (the bh's) and by sat I was in labour!

Littlespy, mine never went until I pretty much dropped the baby lol! All sounds good to me, bet you're in labour soon!!

Oh yeah, and for any other waiting mamas I found this article on shifting posterior babies to anterior which is supposed to help get better pressure on the cervix to start and speed up labor and make it less painful with less back labor... so, if you're doing nothing but waiting for baby, it gives you something to do if nothing else! Posterior is my LO's favorite position... of course :roll:

https://thenestingplace.blog.com/20...eeds-to-know-about-op-babies-and-back-labour/

spinningbabies.com is a good one, too. While you're sitting around twiddling your thumbs (or nips... :haha:).

Congrats, ukgirl!
Littlespy, I hope things get moving along with you soon and you get to meet your lo shortly!
Kealz, good luck on your induction!

Afm, Noah William was born April 8 at 10:50pm. 11 hours of labor 1 hour of pushing and he was here!
We had a scare during labor as I went from being dilated from a four to a seven in about one hour. It stressed the lo out and his heart rate dropped low every time I had a contraction. (I had an epidural.). They were scared he might have the cord around his neck. They had to slow my contractions way down and wait for him to stabilize. Once they started me back up they needed him out within a few hours or they would have had to do a c-section. Well, he decided to come on his own and I went from a seven to ten in about 2 1/2 hours. The doctor came in, I pushed and pushed and Noah was born! He is perfect!

Now the only problem is with breast feeding. He seems to be latching on and eating well, but is still fussy and wanting to eat after nursing for a long time. The nurses can't figure it out, so we had to supplement between feedings. I hope we can get things figured out soon and get on a good bf'ing track!

Congrats BJ xxx

Nimbec i tried to to it every 3-4 hours lol but thats didnt work, ive only pumped for the second time today because im trying to get this house tidy enough for the HV coming tomorrow lol i got like 3oz early i think and pump another oz just now next boob lol.

I using the manual just now as the electric is noisy so i think ill do that one tomorrow as ryan is taking paige out and its his night tomorrow lol xx

Congrats, Bjs! And it's very normal for baby to want to be attached to the boob 24/7 right now. Just hang in there, you're doing great. :thumbup: His tummy should only be holding 1/4-1/3 of an ounce or so at a time each feeding today. And my other warning is please ask to supplement at the breast with an supplemental nursing system or similar instead of with a bottle. Nipple confusion/breast aversion is a very real thing (I lived it with my first and it's heartbreaking, IMO). :flower:

Message from doggylover:
Miss Isabelle Jay joined us at 5.54pm weighing a respectable 7lb 10oz! Loads of hair, like me! She is of course BEAUTIFUL!!! X
Congratulations to you and Simon!!! Can't wait to see pics!
Congrats bjs too

Congrats, Bjs! And it's very normal for baby to want to be attached to the boob 24/7 right now. Just hang in there, you're doing great. :thumbup: His tummy should only be holding 1/4-1/3 of an ounce or so at a time each feeding today. And my other warning is please ask to supplement at the breast with an supplemental nursing system or similar instead of with a bottle. Nipple confusion/breast aversion is a very real thing (I lived it with my first and it's heartbreaking, IMO). :flower:

Thanks for the encouragement and tips! I am worried about nipple confusion and expressed my concerns to the nurses and doctor but they said it should be fine...they are more worried about him eating enough because he hasn't had very many wet diapers. I still have my doubts about it. What is a supplemental nursing system?

Woo hoooooo!! Congrats Doggy Lover! How exciting!! Can't wait to hear the story and see a pic of Ms Jay! Welcome to Team Pink! x

And congrats BJS, glad Noah is doing well!

spinningbabies.com is a good one, too. While you're sitting around twiddling your thumbs (or nips... :haha:).

Yep that one is in my rotation as well. Many, many pelvic tilts have been done :haha:

I forgot to say how much Noah weighed... He came in at 6 lbs 13 oz.; 19 in. long!
Here is a pic of my sweet boy...I can't figure out how to make it right side up. Sorry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member