April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Omg congratulations ladies!!! Everyone seems to have had their baby and my little Chelsea is obviously tucked up nice and comfy in there. I feel like I'm going to be the last one to pop hahaha!! Absolutely loving all the beautiful baby pics!! You all have gorgeous LOs!! xx afm- sweep tomorrow at my antenatal appointment. Let's see if we can actually kick start something here, lol, I'm 39 + 1 today! Come on Chelsea!!

Awww BJS he is gorgeous, absolutely perfect sweet little face!

I tell you if I wasn't extremely knocked up right now looking at all these beautiful babies would be making me super clucky!

Congrats doggylover, ukgirl, Bjs, Dan-o!! Goodluck kealz! Hope I got all that right. Was there any more that delivered in the last two days? It's so hard to keep up now, they seem to have all come at once! I just personally wanted to congratulate the new mammas!! xx

Oh I am sooo thrilled all these babies being born!!!

I had a few minutes after Emmaleigh's check up where i found out she was actually 20 inches long they didn't pull her legs out all the way! Bahaha i thought i had a super baby growing 2 inches in two days!!! Bahaha

Hello everyone! Who has had a baby while I've been gone?? I've just got home, BJS Noah is soooooo super cute!! Congratulations to DL and Simon on their little lady, can;t wait to see her!

I have pre-eclampsia still but hopefully in the next few days it should go away otherwise I'll need BP medicine. My phone broke while I was on ante-natal ward so I havent been able to catch up and I barely have time to fart now let alone read pages of posts lol... sorry!!

My little Benno is doing well, they thought he was jaundiced but he's just fine :)

I will have a proper catch up with you all in the morning, I need my bed.. Good Luck Kealz I saw you are induced! :) xxx

Thanks for the encouragement and tips! I am worried about nipple confusion and expressed my concerns to the nurses and doctor but they said it should be fine...they are more worried about him eating enough because he hasn't had very many wet diapers. I still have my doubts about it. What is a supplemental nursing system?

There are a few different versions. One made by Medela looks like this: https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/51/supplemental-nursing-system-sns
They also make one for short-term use (but I've heard of people successfully using it for several months -- just keep it very clean): https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/52/starter-supplemental-nursing-system-sns
Then there's the Lact-Aid: https://www.lact-aid.com/trainer-systems/

I wouldn't invest in anything other than the starter SNS unless it becomes apparent you're going to need to supplement long term (which likely won't be the case).

You can also make your own just by putting a feeding tube into a bottle of supplement. Then latch baby on to your breast with the tube in his mouth (or latch him and then slide the tube in) and he'll nurse and provide stimulation to your breast (stimulation = better milk supply when mature milk comes in) and get the supplement at the same time. It will look something like this (a video of Dr. Jack Newman, IBCLC, showing how to use one): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezGIkIkhC_o
I believe that a hospital nurse could round up a 5 french size feeding tube if you ask for one. :winkwink:

A pediatrician we saw early own poo-pooed nipple confusion so we supplemented with a bottle. A week later, my daughter refused to nurse. It's true some babies go back and forth totally fine. But it's also true that some don't and you won't know which yours is until the mess has been created.

How many wet diapers were they expecting him to have in the first 24 hours anyway? I thought it was 1! 1 wet and 1 dirty diaper per day of life in the early days (first 3-4). :thumbup: https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/newborn-nursing/

Congrats doggylover!! Can't wait to see pics of the stubborn little lady!! Hope you're both doing well, and that Simon didn't pass out at all. I keep teasing my DH that he won't be much help from the floor. :haha:

Congrats to BJS as well!! Noah is gorgeous, thanks for the pic! :cloud9: I love looking at the beautiful little babies... helps to pass the frustration while waiting for my own to show up!

Kealz: Good Luck!!! :hugs: Can't wait to hear your LO has arrived... maybe mine will feel shamed that yours got here so much sooner and decide he better hurry up too!

Cherrybump: I know it must be hard, but keep at the pumping as often as you can so your supply stays up! Glad to hear that you and Paige are doing well, and that Ryan is able to take some night shifts still!!

ukgirl: Hope the pre-e is gone soon, but glad that you're all back home and resting at least!! The pics you put on FB are adorable!! I love the little rainbow stripped sleeper.

AFM, today is my last evening shift at work. After this I just have my Friday afternoon and then my exam on Monday and I'm on 'mat leave'! I'm sooooo looking forward to it, and then I don't need to worry about LO coming early and I can just relax and sleep!

thanks readytomum! That was the first thing we brought him so it's the first thing he wore lol.. Yay for no more work!! Maybe baby will come tomorrow like Steph's considerate little one lol waiting for maternity leave! :) x

Ukgirl- hopefully that pre-e will go really soon for you. With my last I was kept in for 5 days after delivery because blood pressure was still extremely high, so I'm pleased you aren't stuck in there like I was. It remained slightly elevated for another month but didn't need meds. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying that gorgeous bubby of yours xx

There are a few different versions. One made by Medela looks like this: https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/51/supplemental-nursing-system-sns
They also make one for short-term use (but I've heard of people successfully using it for several months -- just keep it very clean): https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/52/starter-supplemental-nursing-system-sns
Then there's the Lact-Aid: https://www.lact-aid.com/trainer-systems/

I wouldn't invest in anything other than the starter SNS unless it becomes apparent you're going to need to supplement long term (which likely won't be the case).

You can also make your own just by putting a feeding tube into a bottle of supplement. Then latch baby on to your breast with the tube in his mouth (or latch him and then slide the tube in) and he'll nurse and provide stimulation to your breast (stimulation = better milk supply when mature milk comes in) and get the supplement at the same time. It will look something like this (a video of Dr. Jack Newman, IBCLC, showing how to use one): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezGIkIkhC_o
I believe that a hospital nurse could round up a 5 french size feeding tube if you ask for one. :winkwink:

A pediatrician we saw early own poo-pooed nipple confusion so we supplemented with a bottle. A week later, my daughter refused to nurse. It's true some babies go back and forth totally fine. But it's also true that some don't and you won't know which yours is until the mess has been created.

How many wet diapers were they expecting him to have in the first 24 hours anyway? I thought it was 1! 1 wet and 1 dirty diaper per day of life in the early days (first 3-4). :thumbup: https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/newborn-nursing/

Thank you for the help! I truly appreciate it!

Yes, they wanted 1 wet diaper in 24 hours, but he didn't have one until about 28-29 hours - after they supplemented. But he is doing well enough today that they are going to let him be discharged with me this evening.

Glad you're off home with LO BJS!

Hope the pre-e is gone soon Candy, that really has been an ordeal for you :( But Ben is here safe and sound now! :hugs:

Glad your mat leave is starting soon Ready! You have been such a trooper with all your work and school. Almost there!

AFM I have discovered Trader Joes makes the best rice pudding ever. Good thing I didn't find this out 6 months ago or I would be having a 15lb pudding monster :haha: And that is the most exciting update I have!

That's great, bjs!

So, after all he talk we've had here of Pizza Hut giving everyone the poops, I'm going to eat it for dinner as tonight's desperate attempt to go into labor. :rofl:

My husband is putting the "schedule an induction" pressure on me now. Ugh. :nope:

That's great, bjs!

So, after all he talk we've had here of Pizza Hut giving everyone the poops, I'm going to eat it for dinner as tonight's desperate attempt to go into labor. :rofl:

:haha: More than once this week I have been annoyed when I go to the bathroom and have NOT had diarrhea so that I could have a good "sign of labor"... I have lost it completely :wacko:

But I am sorry your DH is putting the pressure on Little Spy. Mine was complaining yesterday that he can't make any meetings and that everyone at his work keeps commenting on why he is "still there". Today he was texting me to go for a walk :dohh:

thanks kirstyrich they almost kept me in but I managed to talk them round lol.. hopefully I'll be like you xx

I forgot to say how much Noah weighed... He came in at 6 lbs 13 oz.; 19 in. long!
Here is a pic of my sweet boy...I can't figure out how to make it right side up. Sorry!

Wow he's absolutely gorgeous!!

Message from doggylover:
Miss Isabelle Jay joined us at 5.54pm weighing a respectable 7lb 10oz! Loads of hair, like me! She is of course BEAUTIFUL!!! X
Congratulations to you and Simon!!! Can't wait to see pics!
Congrats bjs too

Huge congrats to doggylover.. At last, she must have been too comfy in there lol!!! Look forward to pics!!

Ukgirl, hopefully your BP will behave now. Mine was still elevated at first after Sidney, but quickly settled and I stopped meds at 10-14 days pp! In hate PE, makes things so stesssful! Feel really lucky to have escaped it this time!

Littlespy, hope something kicks off soon! Still plenty of time yet before you need to schedule a forced eviction anyway isn't there? I bet something will just tip you over the edge very shortly with you being so dilated already, fingers crossed!

Anyone else had bad engorgement?
My breasts have swollen so much two stretchmarks have appeared on the worst one!!! My boobs are actually bigger than baby's head right now, and probably as hard, its quite rediculous, my body must think I have triplets to feed or something:haha:

I had it bad last time too, at least this time I knew it was coming though! Poor baby Vin doesn't know what's hit him, I'm pestering him to feed rather than the other way round lol!!! Got a lovely nipple blister on the worst affected boob also (breast hardness affecting latch a bit) hoping my supply will settle soon!

thanks dan-o my bp was still much better yesterday even for a high reading.. my feet were a bit swollen too :( I just want it to go away now xxx p.s omg your babies look almost identical in the pics one your siggy!!! you have two very handsome little men there xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->