April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I tried that nipple to nose things to get her mouth to open lol and sometimes doesnt work. I'll keep trying anyways. Im using the nipple shield that my sister gave me now as i found she latches longer but i hate how if she sucks little to hard the thing folds in on its self :( i think the shield it a little big aswell lol but oh wells ill keep going and ill up my pumping more to. need to do one now as she has just fed. trying to keep it going with when she feeds lol even if im not getting much out xxx

Thanks Kristabel I will have alook! :) I hope you get your bubs soon and a nice labour!!

Candy it's the head hole that's too big so he could slide inside the bag bless him. Hopefully he will be much better on they have snipped him bless him. Poor little guy.

Doggylover I'm so pleased you are feeling a bit better but remember not to overdo it (I did and seriously paid for it after!)

Sweetpea that's a brilliant explanation and super pics! How often is scarlet feeding now? She looks gorgeous and a real pro at bf :)

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well!

Doggylover: glad you're on the mend and feeling more like yourself, fingers crossed they let you go home today!! Being back in your own home will certainly help.

sweetpea: That is a cute sleeper! lol Thanks for the tips and pics to help explain what you mean. I've obviously never tried BF'ing before since I'm still waiting for LO to show up, but I appreciate all the tips and tricks that are being shared and I'm trying to store them away in my mind for when I need them!

ukgirl: hopefully after Ben gets his little snip he'll be a champion BFer!! Loving the pics you put up on FB, he's so adorable.

AFM, Doctor's appointment today was pretty pointless. She didn't even do a cervical check, which I think is weird, because the Dr I had LAST week did... Oh well. We talked a little bit about induction if I end up going over my due date, and I asked if they did sweeps here to help prevent that. She said at my next appointment (39 weeks) if my cervix is dialated she'll do a sweep then to see if gets things moving. So another week to wait and twiddle my thumbs waiting for something to happen....:coffee:

Huge hugs to Kealz and James I hope he comes around quickly and he is in your arms soon!

DL - LO took about 40 mins to nurse every 1-1 1/2 hrs for the first week, then 35-40 mins to nurse about every 2 hours until 4 weeks. Now she is stretching to 3 hours during the day and a bit more at night and take about 25-30 mins. Around 7-11pm she still occasionally cluster feeds and there were a few days mixed in there that she was literally on the boob ALL DAY. Would be off for maybe 15 mins at a time argh! However all that feeding is great for building your supply.

I would def keep up with the lanolin! Also sometimes switching nursing positions can help take pressure off the sore parts of your nipple - try football hold or sidelying rather than cradle hold all the time and it may help! Also as I'm sure you know already! - always check she's latched correctly - your nipple should be pointed upwards until it's in her mouth to get the most boob in there. You'll know her latch was wonky if when she comes off your nip looks 'lipsticked' - like when you get a new tube of lipstick and it's shaped at an angle iykwim!

:rofl: at lipsticked!! What a great way to describe it!
So glad to hear that this seems to be normal. We are currently marathon feeding over here as well. This kid wants a nipple in his mouth at all times.. And passies just don't do it for him!

FYI, update on the gel pads you girls recommended:

I started them this morning and OMG!!! What a difference already!!!!:thumbup:
And not as messy as the cream!

So glad the gel things worked for you Steph! The LC at the hospital was all about them as if they were some sort of essential item. Good to know they were worth getting! :thumbup:

So went to see the mw today and all is perfect .. Don't need to be seen for another two weeks but says I will prob have had baby by then, I am 1/5 engaged so that combined with the cramps I had last night is all a good sign and baby could be here any time... Yeah so happy that I'm at the home stretch .. Hope all bumps and new baby's and mums are well xxxx

Oooh I've missed the gel pads - what r they & where can I get them.... Thanks girls!

Maria yay fx Lo arrives ASAP!

Oooh I've missed the gel pads - what r they & where can I get them.... Thanks girls!

Maria yay fx Lo arrives ASAP!

https://www.amazon.com/Soothies-Gel-Pads-2-Count/dp/B002KGHUL4

These are the gel pads Nimbec. I assume you can get them in th UK as you have Lansinoh things right?

what are the gel pads things are they the nipple shields? lol

Nimbec she still feeds 10/12+ times per day bc she clusters in the evening most days and gets a few extra feeds in then :)

Thinking of Kealz and James! I bet he'll be in your arms in no time, Kealz. :flower:

I'm rapidly convincing myself I'll be pregnant forever. I ate jalapenos and hot sauce until my whole face was on fire last night. All it did was wake me up at 5am with a tummy ache. :dohh:

:hugs: Littlespy. With all this walking around dilated to a 4 (or even more now!) you should have a fast labor in the least - you're almost halfway there lady!

Eek Littlespy that's not good :( I can't believe you are so dilated without being in labour - fx that you have a swift labour and delivery...surly it can't be long now!

hmmm im off to get some gel pads! Im so sore!

nimbec have you looked online for a special smaller size? Maybe the health visitor knows a place or trick xx

thanks readytomum Im do in love I cant stop posting pics lol. Sorry your appointment was such a disappointment xx

Benson is a gorgeous little poo factory!! I can not believe how much comes out!! Im sure not as much is going in! lol xx

Bwahaha candy I second that on the poo factory lmao! But let me add projectile sharts to that :rofl:

Thinking of Kealz and James! I bet he'll be in your arms in no time, Kealz. :flower:

I'm rapidly convincing myself I'll be pregnant forever. I ate jalapenos and hot sauce until my whole face was on fire last night. All it did was wake me up at 5am with a tummy ache. :dohh:

Get that baby out!!! Maybe start pushing now?!? Jk... Next Friday is the deadline right?

projectile sharts hahahahahahahahahaha!!! omg thankfully we havent had those yet! Bens gone throuh a whole pack of nappies in 3 days! We get peed on a lot. Ben has precise aim x

Just a quick update...spent all day at the hospital bp 145/95 not the highest it has been... They tried a second sweep but cervix is closed (very soft but closed). Plan was to induce on Monday, but they are all booked up so Tuesday it is....I am back at the hospital on Sunday to get bp, and I am sure I will go through the same thing again, before the eventually let me home...it's a lot of hanging around waiting for consultants :(

Think it's a similar experience to you ukgirl. They have increased my bp med to three times a day. I have been told that I will be getting that thing in my foof to open cervix....did any one have that? Is it painful? It could be in for 24 hrs right? did anyone have contractions/waters broke before the 24 hrs?

Ps my signature is one week too fast....I will be 39 weeks tomorrow

Bitsysarah, thinking of you! I hope you don't have too much hassle on Sunday. :flower:

Steph -- I think next Friday is going to be the day. I facebooked my favorite OB to be sure she would be a the hospital that day. I also asked her when my 2nd fav OB would be on-call in case my fav is not on call an acceptable day. I'm worried she'll be on call on Wednesday and that's my late brother's birthday so I want to have a back-up plan. If she's born that day on her own, that's fine, but I really don't want to schedule an induction on my dead brother's birthday. :nope: Just like I don't want to schedule it for my husband's birthday. And I want to know what days they're on before my appointment on Tuesday because my appointment is with one of my very least favorite OBs. I want to be able to tell her a date without risking her saying "Let's just schedule it when I'm on call" and going along with it against my wishes to not hurt her feelings like I did the first time. :haha: So, whatever later date one of them is on call is when I'll schedule it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->