April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

bitzysarah it sounds a lot like my situation.. my bp was 142/98 ect.. yeh they gave me the 24 hour pessary and said they would check my cervix after 24 hours and if it was favourable they would go to break my waters and if the contractions didnt pick up they would put me on the drip but my contractions started about 5 hours after having the pessary and I ended up with a 57 minute labour from full start to finish. BUT... I was already contracting before they induced me and Ive had three babies before so that could be why mine was so fast. It was painful but that was because it was so quick I had contraction on top of contraction non stop.. Hopefully yours will be more relaxed.. yay for baby coming tuesday!!! So exciting!! make sure you are ready emotionally.. I got told the same day that I was being induced and Im struggling a bit now to come to terms with it all xx

My induction date options are 4/17, 4/20 (possibly, assuming L&D will let her do it on Saturday), and 4/23. Struggling with the decision.

4/17 I think is too soon and is my late brother's birthday so I'm ruling it out.
4/20 is so "four-twenty!" which totally has a ridiculous association with smoking pot in the US.
4/23 is. so. far. away. :nope: but kind of seems like what I should choose assuming my office will let me go that far over.

So... I guess 4/20 if L&D agrees and 4/23 if they don't.

Or... I have 12.5 hours to go into labor and have this baby while my favorite OB is on call at the hospital tonight. How many jumping jacks should I start with? :haha: After 8am tomorrow, it's all my least favorite OBs on call until Tuesday. So, obviously I'm going to go into labor on Sunday when my absolutely least favorite (the one who delivered Maisie) is on call. :haha:

My induction date options are 4/17, 4/20 (possibly, assuming L&D will let her do it on Saturday), and 4/23. Struggling with the decision.

4/17 I think is too soon and is my late brother's birthday so I'm ruling it out.
4/20 is so "four-twenty!" which totally has a ridiculous association with smoking pot in the US.
4/23 is. so. far. away. :nope: but kind of seems like what I should choose assuming my office will let me go that far over.

So... I guess 4/20 if L&D agrees and 4/23 if they don't.

Or... I have 12.5 hours to go into labor and have this baby while my favorite OB is on call at the hospital tonight. How many jumping jacks should I start with? :haha: After 8am tomorrow, it's all my least favorite OBs on call until Tuesday. So, obviously I'm going to go into labor on Sunday when my absolutely least favorite (the one who delivered Maisie) is on call. :haha:

Lmao I see your dilemma...hmmm 4/20 is no good but if you get induced on 4/20, it could spill into 4/21 maybe???

You saw my long list of induction attempts... Jumping jack was not on it through ... But mostly because of the fear of breaking everything should me hahahahahhahaha . I will wish you some labor vibes tonight!!

projectile sharts hahahahahahahahahaha!!! omg thankfully we havent had those yet! Bens gone throuh a whole pack of nappies in 3 days! We get peed on a lot. Ben has precise aim x

Oh it was amazing :rofl:... Rob was in the line of fire and it barely missed him. I was laughing so hard, that I had to abandon my work station and sit on the floor!! We get peed on as well but I always block with my hand!! Too funny these kids... Ps: I never thought I would think this was funny... Now I think it's hilarious... What has happened to me ?!?

its motherhood steph... a mix of being too tired to think straight and loosing your braincells in your milk... just quietly sink into blissful madness with the rest of us XD xxx

Yes, as soon as you become a mother, poop becomes both hilarious and wonderful (depending on situation).:haha: I remember cheering so hard for poop at times when Maisie was a tiny.

I'm pretty sure if I'm induced on 4/20, 4/20 it will be given already being dilated to 4cm. I started at 3cm with Maisie and was fully dilated by 4.30 or so. I was protesting the least out of everyone induced that day so they left me sitting up fully dilated and went to deliver all the babies before making it back right after 6. She was born 3 pushes later at 6.13pm because I had to wait about 5 minutes between when being yelled at to stop pushing and when my doctor ran in to catch her (literally). I have serious birthing hips. :haha:

But I figure after 8am tomorrow, my least favorite OBs are on call for 72 hours. So... I'm totally going into labor during that stretch. No way around it. :haha: I probably don't need to worry about 4/20.

LittleSpy, if the only objection to 4/20 is the pot smoking connotation, it wouldn't be that bad, right? I mean most people wouldn't make the connection, I don't think. I have two cousins born that day and it never occurred to me. Hope you get the chance to go with a doc you like.

As for me, my little girl is being evicted a little early, on the 18th if she hasn't appeared on her own by then. Everything is fine, but she had been around the 22nd percentile at each of her growth scans for a while, then this Tuesday was only 11th. They think that due to my 'advanced maternal age' the placenta is giving up early and it is a good idea to get her out by Thursday. I'm both terrified and relieved to have a date when I know something will be happening.

Awwww JenX our girls might be birthday buddies. My possible induction is currently scheduled for Thursday when I will be 42 weeks... but I might chicken out and just keep going, we'll see.

And Little Spy I thought of pot as soon as you mentioned 420 :haha: Come on Vi, give your mama a break and get out of there stat!!

My LO has decided not to share a birthday with her daddy (why share if you don't have to right? :shrug:) but tomorrow is exactly 9 calendar months since her probable conception, so maybe she has a calendar in there and has been waiting for this :haha:

Little Spy do you think they'll give you a cervical ripener or just put you straight on pitocin given your 4cm dilation?

Straight to pitocin, I'm sure. That's what they did the first time & I was only 3cm.

My problem here is that I can't seem to settle down about it. Every time something feels a little different I think it's imminent. Tonight I'm quite crampy and my cervix almost stings. :shrug: 9 hours until my fav OB isn't on call! :haha: Tick-tock, Vi. Tick-tock.

Really undecided about 4/20 or 4/23. Fairly certain I won't make it to either... but what if I do? :dohh: I think right now I'm insanely leaning toward 4/23.

I need to have a little rant ladies... and I'm sorry it has nothing to do with pregnancy and waiting on LO's... but I am just SO ANGRY right now. :gun::grr:

So I've been waiting all week to hear about the time/location of my exam on Monday. And was finally told tonight at 7:00pm via e-mail that it wasn't happening because the professor didn't get his bloody act together to set up the exam committee. I've been screwed over on BOTH the exams I was hoping to write this semester now, by the same person, and instead will be writing NONE. What a waste of time and money and energy this entire school year has been. I have nothing accomplished to show for it, I'm going to have to ask for a second extension to complete my comps, and I'll probably have to shorten my mat leave time too to return in September instead of January now. BAAAAAAH! I'm SO angry I don't even know what to with myself.

Well LO, apparently my mat leave from school starts now... so feel free to make your entrance as soon as possible!! :dohh:

Bitsy, sorry to hear your BP is playing up. I had exactly the same with my first, but they induced me right away as mine was over the cut off. The pessary set me off into labour without the need to break my waters or have a drip, seems to happen quite often! Had a straight forward birth too!

oh readytomum I dont know much about the school system there but Im sorry to hear they have messed you about so much! you would think they would have tried to make things easier for you given your situation....nwhat a hunch of fat cows! xx

Ukgirl I had pretty much the same thing happen, although mine was an hour or two longer! It seemed like one minute I was at my 40w MW appt, next minute I was holding my baby after a fast n furious forced eviction lol! I remember crying my eyes out when the pessary was in as it seemed too soon ( bit irrational I know as I was 40w) also I kept getting told I wasn't in labour blah blah lol!
My cure for the feelings of missing being pregnant, and my labour being a bit like a runaway train, was to experience it again. We commenced TTC as soon as my AF came back! In fact we'd have a much smaller age gap if my first pregnancy after Sidney had stuck! ;)

oh dan-o I could not do it again.. it is really hard to come to terms with suddenly not being pregnant Im going to write a thankyou card to my midwife who followed me down to delivery from the ward.. she was the one who cut thr cord and took him to resuss. I think it might help me accept it and put it to bed.

Aww bless you, hope that shell shocked feeling passes soon hun :hugs: just keep looking at that beautiful boy of yours :cloud9:

Serious feeding frenzy going on here today! Out of the last 4 hours Vin has spent 3 of them attatched to a boob! Think he's making up for lost time, as this is out first day home with no visitors, I'm going to stay in all day and just let him feed all he wants!

Lol Ive not had Paige poo like that yet but twice this little monkey wait until ive got her nappy off and cleaning her bum before deciding 'Hey why don't i give mum a quite pee to' She did a little dribble then a full on blow pee :( i had to pick her up quick and grab her dirty clothes to cover her little bits down there lol but it took me an another hour or so to clean all the mess up cause she wouldnt go back to sleep lol she fits her sleep alot takes an hour at the least to get her back down :(.. Yesterday she woke every 3 hours and took hour or more to go back down.

Mum also bought me more aptamil since china is buying in bulk :( but she got us the comfort one instead of the normal one. Ryan is moaning saying that you need to ask the midwife or a pro before giving her it but ive seen other girls mention using comfort on there lo's.. Must be ok to use otherwise my mum wouldnt be getting it for me lol its the colic and constipated one lol..

Oh wells ill try her on it anyways. still pumping like a mad cow not had to balls to try her again on the boob thing im to comfy now with the bottle its much easier to grab that trying to fight with a little baby to get on the nipple lol I read on a site it takes some mums up to a hour just to get baby latch properly and i was like i couldnt handle that because she screams with a high pitch cry lol..

Daddy night tonight :) xxxxx

oh dan-o I could not do it again.. it is really hard to come to terms with suddenly not being pregnant Im going to write a thankyou card to my midwife who followed me down to delivery from the ward.. she was the one who cut thr cord and took him to resuss. I think it might help me accept it and put it to bed.

Im doing this also but im waiting for my bounty piks to come through so i can give her one of those thank you cards with a picture of paige lol. They should be here this coming week i hope. I really wanted to see my midwife after i had paige but not one of the midwives that came to see me was her :( was gutted like..

Ohhh god my boob hurt :( how much pumping do you really have to pump a day lol im such a cow now. milking myself like crazy..

Dano feel free to rant away that's what we are here for!! Hugs to you!

Cherry Blimey I can't pump it killed me in hospital it shredded my nipples :( I totes take my hat off to you!! Harrison now latches either instantly or within a few mins if he's being fussy. He used to takes ages too but luckily I had amazing midwiffes who helped me.

Candy I think that's a lovely idea x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->